4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Mach1bud

Fish Tails

Semaj 2JZ♢

"You, sir, are a fish". 😅 Gets me every time.

Also, since I'm an avid bass angler in real life, I'm loving catching largemouth and smallmouth by the droves near camp in chapter 3. PB's are both 5lb 14oz. I'm wondering if a 6lber even exists in game...

Sockeye and Steelhead are great money makers. Got a couple spots that I can catch 20-30 easy in an in game day.

Coranub

Went all the way up to lake Isabella to fish the legendary fish there, after a long trip up and back to Valentine i realized the fish i had wasn't legendary. Just a big long legendary looking stupid fish. Thankfully i had a save 30 mins ago at the lake. Stupid fishes, 12 caught, 1 to go. Gotta catch em all. 🐟

TheLordMarvel

Up at Lake Isabella, fishing for the legendary but ended up catching this big boah first. Sadly I couldn't keep this one AND the legendary since they're both big ones. So I figured, I'll release it back to the water. Sadly it didn't quite go to plan.

Does include spoilers. So watch at your own peril.

The running animation while carrying a legendary sturgeon is downright stupid. I caught the fish earlier today and had to run to my horse. I’ve never seen someone run like an imbecile with a dead fish in his arms. Now I have 😂😂

Cutter De Blanc

Apparently my horse trampled one of the legendary fishes some time before I met the fisherman dude, am I going to be able to complete his mission?

TheLordMarvel
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Apparently my horse trampled one of the legendary fishes some time before I met the fisherman dude, am I going to be able to complete his mission?

Yes. Legendary fish respawn if killed and not taken to a post office. :) I had mine hit by a train but managed to get it back at the same lake. 

paddymcg

Ain't no real fishermen in this here thread. 

Show me your Legendary Channel Catfish and then we'll talk, cowpokes. 

Mach1bud
22 hours ago, paddymcg said:

Ain't no real fishermen in this here thread. 

Show me your Legendary Channel Catfish and then we'll talk, cowpokes. 

Show me yours first.

paddymcg
11 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Show me yours first.

Oh no it wouldn't be right, I don't wanna be stealing the limelight off nobody, I'm gonna give you guys a fighting chance, I implores you to show first.

Lonely-Martin
34 minutes ago, paddymcg said:

Oh no it wouldn't be right, I don't wanna be stealing the limelight off nobody, I'm gonna give you guys a fighting chance, I implores you to show first.

So, no  fish then.

But alas, a page back I got the rest, you?

paddymcg
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

So, no  fish then.

But alas, a page back I got the rest, you?

Yep, I just got my 100% done on Friday.

I finished up all the single player trophies yesterday so now I'm ready for online whenever it's released.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, paddymcg said:

Yep, I just got my 100% done on Friday.

I finished up all the single player trophies yesterday so now I'm ready for online whenever it's released.

Likewise. I hope the fishing grows in future (online or story). So much room to have fishing contests here I feel. Hunting too. Could be awesome.

Tonesta

OK, legendary fishing question for you pros....

If I'm using the correct lure (so special lure and either river/lake/sea, depending on the location) and I try three times, but only catch regular Muskies - does that mean I'm standing in the wrong spot for the legendary fish? Or are they sometimes just asleep?

For example Lake Isabella.....I've triggered the dialogue in the left corner and the drawing is on my map, but it appears to be under a big patch of ice. But walking to the edge of the nice lands me nothing but (sometimes colossal) muskies. Am I missing something?

Had some trouble finding the legendary fish at Owanjila lake as well. As far as I can tell, I'm standing in the right spot but not getting the big guy to bite........

Mach1bud
4 hours ago, Tonesta said:

OK, legendary fishing question for you pros....

If I'm using the correct lure (so special lure and either river/lake/sea, depending on the location) and I try three times, but only catch regular Muskies - does that mean I'm standing in the wrong spot for the legendary fish? Or are they sometimes just asleep?

For example Lake Isabella.....I've triggered the dialogue in the left corner and the drawing is on my map, but it appears to be under a big patch of ice. But walking to the edge of the nice lands me nothing but (sometimes colossal) muskies. Am I missing something?

Had some trouble finding the legendary fish at Owanjila lake as well. As far as I can tell, I'm standing in the right spot but not getting the big guy to bite........

Just not standing in the right spot. They aren't nessisarily in the spot that the message triggered or the picture is drawn. Move around to other areas where you see fish in the immediate area.

Happened to me with the salmon as well. It's in the big open water part on the Eastern side of the lake. 

I caught like 10 muskies because I was trying to fish in the smaller areas that are like little streams between the ice, turns out he is way too big for those areas. 

RedDadRedemption

Is there a way to switch fishing to left handed control?  Having a hard time reeling them in , also can you use dynamite to catch the legendary fish?

Satanta

So as I was out exploring I atumbled across a   [[Location Spoiler Ahead:

Spoiler

Lighthouse by Van Horn with the Legendary Muskie.

Went back by it a few days later [[both Meatworld and Game time]] and de died to see what was what.   Without thinking I half-swam and half waded to a Boullder and cast off-first cast and BAM!   Took an entire Game afternoon, Night and part of a Morning to real it in.

Oops.

Hopped off said boulder only to drop the fish to swim three feet.  Tried to lasso it.  Nope.  Ended up pushing it as I swam till I could pick it up and then the damn horse had decided to come allllllllllll the way over, down the rocks and boulders to stand and block the only path up so I kept dropping the fish.

This is the same stupid horse I've had to hike cross country from somewhere South East of Valentine back to the oil fields in order to retrieve after a mission, the same horse I told to follow during another Mission to retrieve a Doctors Wagon,and still had to either hike to it or take a train from Rhodes to Valentines stables to retrieve it but it's going to go out on a bunch of pilings and boulders to where I fush?!?!?!?

IKilledMyHorseAgain

Just know in online, if you cut your line or the fish throws the hook, you lose your lure so be careful if you paid a gold bar to get it early.  Ive lost two so far, one was my fault and the other i got kicked while reeling in a fish, logged back on and my Gold bar lure was gone.  brilliant!!   Never once lost a lure in the story mode, lost 2 in about 45 minutes last night that each cost a gold bar.  If it wasnt the beta, i imagine i would be more butthurt about it but its whatever for the Beta.  Kinda trying to not get too invested as we will just have to start all over yet again. 

Mach1bud
On 12/3/2018 at 2:34 PM, IKilledMyHorseAgain said:

Just know in online, if you cut your line or the fish throws the hook, you lose your lure so be careful if you paid a gold bar to get it early.  Ive lost two so far, one was my fault and the other i got kicked while reeling in a fish, logged back on and my Gold bar lure was gone.  brilliant!!   Never once lost a lure in the story mode, lost 2 in about 45 minutes last night that each cost a gold bar.  If it wasnt the beta, i imagine i would be more butthurt about it but its whatever for the Beta.  Kinda trying to not get too invested as we will just have to start all over yet again. 

If you already earned and spent two gold bars, my friend you are already too invested lol.

DirtCheap

Catching the Legendary Fish was surprisingly fun. 

Shame they don't respawn.

Rolecage

My worms won’t show up I have 40 in my lock box at camp and 20 out of 20 on me and they won’t show up in my bait wheel. I’m very mad about this because fishing is like my favorite thing to do each day and all of a sudden I CANNOT FISH! Fix it !

Cutter De Blanc

I just noticed that tthe Legendary Channel Catfish is marked on the Special Edition Map

WPCatfish

Used the Springfield to land my first fish, a Sockeye Salmon!  To be sure, a Grizzly Bear was carrying it around in his mouth when I shot him, but still.

TexasOdysseus

OK, question for you guys...I am having a real pain trying to get the legendary steelhead. I've watched a few YouTube videos even trying to pin this thing down. Any tips? 

I wonder if there's a certain time of day that triggers it. SO frustrating!

CalgaryJay
Posted (edited)

I had a lot of issues with that one too, but mostly because I was trying to reel it in with a large bounty on my head for that county..two different times after almost a 10 minute struggle, I'd be close to having it right when bounty hunters would show up..so frustrating!! I finally gave up and went back later in the story when I could afford to pay it off. Lesson learned. (EDIT: Nevermind, that was the Longnose Gar where I kept having that issue)

Do you mean you're having trouble reeling it in? Or trouble getting it to spawn at all? If its the latter, I think I had trouble at first too, you need to set up pretty much right by the waterfall. I'm trying to remember if there's little mini islands in the middle of that river right by the waterfall, if so, wade out to them and fish from there. Also, rainy weather triggers that fish the most. So wait for a rainy day if you can. And use the special river lure, though you probably already knew that part.

Edited by CalgaryJay

Cutter De Blanc

One 3 day fishing trip at Owanjila. By noon of the third day I have caught 15 Muskies and a whopping 42 Sockeye Salmon. 

At $5.25 a fish why are still robbing banks!?