4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ivarblaauw

Red Dead Online: DLC/ADD ON Wishlist Thread

ivarblaauw
9 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

Sometimes I think I’m the only one that doesn’t want the player characters to have voices.

the online protagonists are supposed to be ‘us’. Avatars for ourselves. Thus, the personality and actions they make are the ones we assign to them with our actions as players. Giving them a voice gives them their own personality and ability to voice their own thoughts. Something that disconnects them from us as we play. It’s the same reason why in so many classic JRPGs [Pokemon being a well-known example of the genre] the protagonists never talk or show any real emotion. Because they’re supposed to be stand-ins for the players.

it’s better that they remain mute, and better that they show little emotion one way or another without our direct input. 

I have thought about this for a while... 

What if we could record basic actions? For example: yes (agree), no (disagree), good/easy/watch out girl/boah (horse), good day ma'am/mister / howdy (greet) and piss/f*ck off (antagonize). This way we could at least 'talk' to npc's and other players, and not be complete mutes.

Ofcourse there should be somesort of profanity check, but R* should be able to make it work. 

éX-Driver
4 hours ago, ivarblaauw said:

I have thought about this for a while... 

What if we could record basic actions? For example: yes (agree), no (disagree), good/easy/watch out girl/boah (horse), good day ma'am/mister / howdy (greet) and piss/f*ck off (antagonize). This way we could at least 'talk' to npc's and other players, and not be complete mutes.

Ofcourse there should be somesort of profanity check, but R* should be able to make it work. 

Isn’t it better to just say it to yourself, though? R*’s servers would have to maintain all those audio files on record, not to mention people could easily abuse it to record lascivious things. Which Rockstar seems to hate for some reason.

ivarblaauw
3 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Isn’t it better to just say it to yourself, though? R*’s servers would have to maintain all those audio files on record, not to mention people could easily abuse it to record lascivious things. Which Rockstar seems to hate for some reason.

Yeah true for both. One can be done by saving it on player's own location and the other is a problem well... which is difficult to fix. 

Vice Beach

How about whales and dolphins and sharks and other sea creatures,they can just port them over from GTA. They already have the secret Tiger Shark in

Guarma.

Would also like to see the facial hair options from SP in online. Not dynamic growing hair, just adjusting the length of individual sections of the facial hair. I’d like to have a mustache with stubble on the rest of my beard, not be clean shaven on the rest of my face besides my mustache like it is now.

Edited by Vice Beach

Stupidis

We already have some nice shooting animations. But R* should add the classic when you force someone to "dance" while shooting at their feet.

Demonware32

Another idea would be to have side jobs. Have the different locations like stable or busher ask for certain things like a certain horse breed or a certain pelt. Also add jobs, like maybe a ranch needs help with feeding and watering their animals or bringing them to auction. A lumber, mining, fishing company you can either work for or purchase. 

TheShift

Stupidis

Would be nice to be able to name our custom saved outfits.

ivarblaauw
8 hours ago, TheShift said:

ikiMUkA.jpg

JbUhFmQ.png

R34o5nj.png

0DQiv4I.png

nSp1UKM.png

While I didn't think I would like this at first... it now has gotten a big HELL YES. 

As long as it is done welk and not to much of a stretch from reality, I am all for it.

Edited by ivarblaauw

Assblaster

Stupidis

Dual wield while riding horse at faster speed. No reason why we shouldnt be able to do it when we can shoot rifles (hold by two hands).

RaigeGames

I'd love for them to incorporate quick draw duels. Maybe it could be triggered if two players kill each other a certain amount of times. A timer counts down and the quickest and most accurate draw wins (obviously). The winner could maybe win an XP bonus. Just something to make the game feel more wild west

Nerfgoth

Anyone suggested that they implemented a video maker that we got in GTA V/Online?

And posted it to R*?

There is a pose where my character holds a rifle in one hand and aiming with the revolver in the other but i cant take a screen shot from front to back!

Sir McTim

Private Session Customization 

Okay, so I just thought of this and I have sent feedback to R* about this (https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback), I really hope this becomes a thing for private sessions.

EXAMPLES FOR OPTIONS (Feel free to build upon cause I know I'm missing some customization)

Aim Type: Auto-aim, Free-aim, or Friendly

Survival (Hardcore Difficulty): OFF or ON

First Person Only: OFF or ON

Player Blips: Default (R*s next update on that), Always OFF, or Always ON 

Respawn: Default or Manual (this means you don't spawn automatically, you could sit there being dead all day until you choose to spawn back in, you can also spectate in that menu if you're doing some kind of roleplay, a custom free roam battle royale, or survival scenario)

I feel like I'm missing some, but I think I got the essentials. This would be great if you want the session to fit your play style, to challenge you and your friends, or to improvise a game mode/match.

XxJazzy42xX
1 hour ago, Sir McTim said:

Private Session Customization 

Okay, so I just thought of this and I have sent feedback to R* about this (https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback), I really hope this becomes a thing for private sessions.

EXAMPLES FOR OPTIONS (Feel free to build upon cause I know I'm missing some customization)

Aim Type: Auto-aim, Free-aim, or Friendly

Survival (Hardcore Difficulty): OFF or ON

First Person Only: OFF or ON

Player Blips: Default (R*s next update on that), Always OFF, or Always ON 

Respawn: Default or Manual (this means you don't spawn automatically, you could sit there being dead all day until you choose to spawn back in, you can also spectate in that menu if you're doing some kind of roleplay, a custom free roam battle royale, or survival scenario)

I feel like I'm missing some, but I think I got the essentials. This would be great if you want the session to fit your play style, to challenge you and your friends, or to improvise a game mode/match.

That Respawn thing would definitely help out with Role Playing for people who do skits like itsreal85. Shoot I would like to use something like that myself.

Edited by XxJazzy42xX

Sir McTim
26 minutes ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

That Respawn thing would definitely help out with Role Playing for people who do skits like itsreal85. Shoot I would like to use something like that myself.

Yeah I been watching a lot of Polecat's DOJ roleplay videos, that's why I'm showing the roleplayers some love with that one. But yeah it would be a cool feature to have.

XxJazzy42xX
1 minute ago, Sir McTim said:

Yeah I been watching a lot of Polecat's DOJ roleplay videos, that's why I'm showing the roleplayers some love with that one. But yeah it would be a cool feature to have.

Well sometimes you want to watch the griefing go down in Blackwater with the voice chat on the hear players yell at each other. When that happens its time to put the butter on the popcorn and have a seat.

Stupidis

I wish that we could save more than three outfits.

johnpolo

Cattle Drive!!!

éX-Driver

Whenever they get around to adding the trapper in Online, I’d like to see it work a bit differently than in story. Rather than having a preset checklist for predesigned outfits, what I’d rather is we just have templates. A couple of jacket cut templates, hats, trousers, boots. And depending on what skin we bring in changes the texture of whatever cut of jacket we chose. Bring in a gator hide, get gator leather boots. Bring in rabbit furs instead, get the same boot but made of rabbit fur. Make it so the denser-furred animals make cold-resistant clothing. Bison, wolf, sheep; etc. 

Also have what feathers we bring in change what feathers we see on our hats. They’ve obviously modelled each species’ feather, might as well put the textures to use.

SM_Scorx

The ability to find and wear the Stolen and Found Hats from Single Player.

I have some Lemoyne Raiders that need poaching...

Virus..

Has probably been said before. Have not taken the time to look through this thread..

can we play these matches at night or mornings? Showdown large saint denis, free for all tall trees, tumbleweed--night time. free for all events are better at this tbh.

Stupidis

Hunting lodge, where you can display trophies and all other stuff that you can do in camp. Would be an excellent opportunity to bring use of the taxidermist lodge as well. bring him your perfect cougar pelt and carcass and he stuff it for you.

Gleeman Vox

Showdown maps in Guarma

CaliMeatWagon

XxJazzy42xX
On 1/23/2019 at 4:27 PM, éX-Driver said:

Whenever they get around to adding the trapper in Online, I’d like to see it work a bit differently than in story. Rather than having a preset checklist for predesigned outfits, what I’d rather is we just have templates. A couple of jacket cut templates, hats, trousers, boots. And depending on what skin we bring in changes the texture of whatever cut of jacket we chose. Bring in a gator hide, get gator leather boots. Bring in rabbit furs instead, get the same boot but made of rabbit fur. Make it so the denser-furred animals make cold-resistant clothing. Bison, wolf, sheep; etc. 

Also have what feathers we bring in change what feathers we see on our hats. They’ve obviously modelled each species’ feather, might as well put the textures to use.

I like this. Plus adding the trapper adds a little more depth and options. You can hunt for cash or hunt for clothing.

On 1/24/2019 at 12:43 AM, Virus.. said:

Has probably been said before. Have not taken the time to look through this thread..

can we play these matches at night or mornings? Showdown large saint denis, free for all tall trees, tumbleweed--night time. free for all events are better at this tbh.

Every match and game mode should be played in a setting with revolving time of day and weather. Like GTA Online you can be playing survival, but it could be a cloudy morning  or stormy night, etc. Basically in GTA Online the weather and time of day continued to change in the game mode like it did in free roam.

Enchilada

Yo, if we can't own properties, can we at least lie down on a freaking bead??!

XxJazzy42xX
On 1/12/2019 at 11:17 AM, Assblaster said:

9fbEJwY.jpg

9kOAxl2.jpg

xXYAnwx.jpg

dBrbUUX.jpg

All in with this especially the Native American one for my character. 

Edited by XxJazzy42xX

fryday

I wish for:

Bounty hunter missions

legendary animals

buyable wagons

properties

businesses, passive income

private lobbies

way more story/pve/coop missions

card games /minigames

melee/fist fight modes, imagine a saloon TDM

fight club tornament mode

a duel tournament mode

Mexico

mobile camps/fires

random secret loot to discover (in caves and other secret places)

BUT THE BENZ

STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE STUBBLE

anyone?

Edited by BUT THE BENZ