4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ivarblaauw

Red Dead Online: DLC/ADD ON Wishlist Thread

DaGhostly

Posses:

The posses number reminds me of the movie Magnificent 7, though if posses do stay at 7 members, would it be possible for alliances with other posses? If we are allowed to be in a posse alliance, our camps should be in the general area of the other posses' camp(s). It would be easier to help and defend their camp if they do decide to let other players attack or participate in a activity that results the white flag from protecting them.

In a posse camp, it would be cool to see some sort of donation box for posse members to choose whether or not to help the camp grow rather than the leader having to do all the grinding. As well as possible upgrades to the members' tents as well to whatever theme the leader chooses. Also be nice to let members personalize their tent, to bring character and a sense of history between the posse members in the wild west, to the camp.

It would be interesting to see posses form a alliance to defend a player bounty against bounty hunter players or other outlaws. Like it could be a free roam event. If the player with the bounty dies or was captured and brought to the sheriffs, then those who participated in the capture or killing gets a percentage from the money reward.

Be cool if we could have some form of defense for the posse camp, though I dont know if that would work. When just sitting at camp, would it be possible to add certain features from the single player camp to the multiplayer camp? Like the kitchen, cutting wood, laying out food for the horses, etc. The reason behind this is because your outlaw/gunslinger already has to cook food for survival, so why not let posses and their members contribute to the camp's stockpile of sorts, for food, wood for the fire, and so on. I want to be able to feel like the camp is our hideout when exploring the wild west. I like the foundation and idea of the camp, though it could use some more features for being at camp.

Fun 2

Weekly Treasure Hunt

Red Dead Online already use a background script just like GTA Online, it can be used to introduce a new Treasure Hunt every week that aim to reward players with gold nuggets and some cash.

It can definitely help players with the current state of the game, and it can provide us with a new hunt every week.

Jason
34 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Weekly Treasure Hunt

Red Dead Online already use a background script just like GTA Online, it can be used to introduce a new Treasure Hunt every week that aim to reward players with gold nuggets and some cash.

It can definitely help players with the current state of the game, and it can provide us with a new hunt every week.

I had the same idea, seems like a great idea for a weekly challenge if they bring those back. Sent it as part of my feedback through the official site, hopefully they listen.

Vice Beach

Be able to loot dead players for provisions and other small items. Only higher level players should be able to be looted.

Random NPC events in Online to add life to the currently empty feeling online world.

Hardcore lobby with no player blips. This game is perfectly structured already for a hardcore survival mmorpg, just need to remove blips, and auto aim, and it’d be amazing. I run into players accidentally a lot already, so it’s not like you’d never see another player. It would be a lot of fun. RDR 1 had a hardcore lobby.

It’s also strange how bounties on other players were a part of GTA:O but somehow not part of RDO. I’m sure that’s coming... hopefully.

Edited by Vice Beach

DreadedSilverback

Don't know if anyones said this but I would really like them to have like a camp donation box for persistent posses so we can pool resources together and possibly help camp members that fall behind or what ever or pool money together to by big ticket items like wagons and such probably not gonna happen cause that means less microtransaction dollars for R* but hey one can hope

GreenArrow

I wish it would work.

mrointmemt21

They should add a Fight Club (fist fights) to earn money and whatever else kind of goodies they could come up with. I want this in story mode (Charles is literally I'm the middle of a fight, in a fight club, so why isn't this already a thing lol) and online mode if the connection issues gets fixed.

Re-Dragon-Cro

A update that adds buyable houses that can be used as safehouse for yourself and your posse. A fixed safe spot as opposed to camps which are movable and can be pretty random at times with placement. Customizable like camps.

New weapons, naturally like with GTAO we'll need new weapons, melee and firearms. Surely would love to see the LeMat revolver which was in RDR1.

Ability to play instruments in camp. Be it guitars, fiddles, banjo, or harmonica.(possibly with ability to play songs together)

And as others pointed out, minigames like card games and what not.

Tha-Jamz
On 11/27/2018 at 6:31 PM, cjtangmi said:

Voice pack, I would like nothing else before they add voice packs, can’t stand a mute character no more.

This ! and private sessions/servers, thats all i want...

Oh wait ! and being able to sell wild horses, the better the horse the better the price, but how better horses how harder to break !

But the most important thing to me is private sessions/servers !

menganese

I would really like for Rockstar to bring the wanted system from the single player mode into the online mode. It was fantastically deep and immersive and I don’t see any reason why they would change it to the stripped-down immersion-breaking mess we have in the online mode. 

Piro
On 10/23/2018 at 11:05 PM, HockeyMike24 said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Online: Yachts Update

Spoiler

This update could include several sailboat options to pick from in sizes of 30ft to 60ft hull lengths. Fully customizable deck and sail options for speed and comfort. The smaller sizes would be much cheaper, faster, lighter, but would not come with a cabin or any interior options that the larger sailboats would include.

Unlike the GTAO yacht update, this update would include a drivable vessel to get around the map and anchor in many locations.

Possible feature list

- Harpoon gun (Mountable/Unmountable)

- More fishing spots

- Dynamite Fishing

- New clothing options, weapons and accessories

- Variety of sail options from racing to fishing, leisure to living

5055033_20150624065054996_1_XLARGE.jpg

Inside the cabin would have your standard camp options like food, sleep, weapons storage. Plus upgradable options for bathing, poker table ect...

m_1127996b.jpg

Please note: I have not seen the map yet, not sure if there would be enough water to make this update useful enough. Thanks for reading.

To expend on that idea:

- be a pirate, attack other ships (like in AC: Black Flag)
- deep sea diving, exploring sunken wrecks to find gold
- fight sharks and whales

0becbe6043b3add1c289a36f1446ddd0.jpg 

Spoiler

harpoon_gun.jpg

2008-7059.jpg

Edited by Piro

Broblab

I just want a meat wagon. Something I can throw hunting carcasses on so they don't go to waste. I also want to be able to use a boat in the water for fishing, big sailboats, steamboats, steam ships, complete with cannon and the like. Even a civil war battleship. Just for some variety. Maybe a steam powered Benz mobile no or any cars from the 1880s and 1890s. They don't have to ruin it for horses and stuff but it would just be a fun variety is all. 

Tha-Jamz
2 minutes ago, Broblab said:

I just want a meat wagon. Something I can throw hunting carcasses on so they don't go to waste. I also want to be able to use a boat in the water for fishing, big sailboats, steamboats, steam ships, complete with cannon and the like. Even a civil war battleship. Just for some variety. Maybe a steam powered Benz mobile no or any cars from the 1880s and 1890s. They don't have to ruin it for horses and stuff but it would just be a fun variety is all. 

No cars pls, that will ruin everything for me.

People dont want to make an effort anymore these days... ( i like the long horse rides)

In RDR1 was 1 car, this is 11 before that and there were no cars, lets keep it that way.

If *Rockstar in the future decides to make a RDR3 i really hope they go back in time some more, like when Arthur, Dutch and Hosea were like 20 years young or sumtin.

But pls, no cars !

Broblab
12 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

No cars pls, that will ruin everything for me.

People dont want to make an effort anymore these days... ( i like the long horse rides)

In RDR1 was 1 car, this is 11 before that and there were no cars, lets keep it that way.

If *Rockstar in the future decides to make a RDR3 i really hope they go back in time some more, like when Arthur, Dutch and Hosea were like 20 years young or sumtin.

But pls, no cars !

Not even putzy little 10mph steam cars from the time period? That are slower than a mule but don't need to be fed or rested?https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/system/images/images/000/002/632/full/ELECAR_TIMELINE_ITV_Electric_Cars_TP-ElecCar.jpg?1522309738

Tha-Jamz
Just now, Broblab said:

Not even putzy little 10mph steam cars from the time period? That are slower than a mule but don't need to be fed or rested?https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/system/images/images/000/002/632/full/ELECAR_TIMELINE_ITV_Electric_Cars_TP-ElecCar.jpg?1522309738

Lol, no thank you.

I really like the old west without cars, im a big fan of spaghetti westerns.

Just horses...

Broblab
10 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Lol, no thank you.

I really like the old west without cars, im a big fan of spaghetti westerns.

Just horses...

Well then don't buy one if they implement it then. 

Tha-Jamz
Just now, Broblab said:

Well then don't buy one if they implement it then. 

A map full of vehicles would really ruin my experience.

MichaelBIsbell
On 10/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, roggek said:

i would see an "Stagecoach" DLC, you transport NPCs and their packages to different destinations and get paid for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagecoach

Or even just to be able to make money from stealing them to the horse fence. Haha

DentureDynamite
On 11/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, Fun 2 said:

Weekly Treasure Hunt

Even finding random weapons that only last the session would be a fun and welcome addition; kind of like how crate drops in GTA Online would let you "try out" the mini-gun temporarily.

Wild West Online has something similar--they use a crashed hot air balloon that players can look for in the map containing special loot before it vanishes.

PUBG uses the "air drops" for stuff--it's a mechanic that works quite well...

Edited by DentureDynamite

GtaLegend15

Flying horses 

ZOMars
5 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

Wild West Online has something similar--they use a crashed hot air balloon that players can look for in the map containing special loot before it vanishes.

This would add some nice variety to those remote hunting or point of interest loot (mostly empty) trips.

These "hab" crates could also inspire new/old players to explore map.

Find a crate - find vista.

Edited by ZOMars

rebeldevil

Saw this on FB. Barroom Blitz. Spawn in a saloon. No weapons. Fistfight to last man standing. Ideally you'd be able to pick up beer bottles or chairs but you can't do that in this game.

Iash91

Bombastic Balloons:

You and 2 other team mates go up against 6 other teams riding hot air balloons. The aim of the game is to either take out all enemies in a basket so no one can control the balloon and it crashes, or simply take out the balloon by shooting it - the latter option being more 'easier' but requires a ton of bullets. In defense, you are able to build barricades around the (larger than usual) basket to protect the person who is controlling the vessel. To attack, you all start out with rifles, a knife and resources to craft hand-cannons. To make the hand-cannon useful, you'll need to be close to your target.

You are also able to mount other peoples balloons to engage in hand to hand combat, and take over their balloon in the event yours is more badly damaged. I believe there should be a higher reward for taking over another team's balloon too. There will be certain cons that force the players to get close to each other, such as bad aim because of the basket swaying so much. There will need to be a way to prevent balloon camping, so perhaps incorporating a Battle Royale-esque aspect where the map gets smaller, but far less intrusive than a regular BR game. Of course with this game mode comes along the feature to buy hot air balloons in free roam.

Edited by Iash91

ShadowBadass

Would like to have butchers in the northern area of the map... Maybe 3 Annesberg, Indian Tribe, and Hanging Dog Ranch. There is just about zero incentive to go into the mountains; other than missions.

ArianaGrandeFan

Mansion dlc 

the ability to buy a fancy mansion and also more fancy gowns and feminine hats.

more makeup options and also more hairstyles. 

And also id like the option to not be a criminal and have a normal job 

Otsd4rv4

Let me have Teddy's Helm and armor.

DentureDynamite
17 hours ago, rebeldevil said:

Saw this on FB. Barroom Blitz. Spawn in a saloon. No weapons. Fistfight to last man standing. Ideally you'd be able to pick up beer bottles or chairs but you can't do that in this game.

You mean kind of like this? :) Some "breakaway" saloon components could add a nice mix:

Hunterrrr

INVITE ONLY SESSIONS.

rebeldevil
48 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

You mean kind of like this? :) Some "breakaway" saloon components could add a nice mix:

EXACTLY lke that. ...Well, maybe minus the dancing girls, that's a bit much.

DentureDynamite

^^ lol I've seen that movie countless times, but still missed the fact that Professor Fate gets decked right as he exits the saloon. :)

But back on topic--one weapon I would love to see is Josh Randall's [Steve McQueen] shortened Winchester Model 1892 carbine (from the old TV show "Wanted: Dead or Alive"):

Puma_left_side_on_top_holster.jpg