3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ryancoke66

SPOILER:RDR2 Leaks Discussion ONLY Thread

Falounay

The clipping seems really small and you don't see it unless you specifically look for it. I wouldn't have noticed without people talking about it, and I watched the clip like 10 times. There's bound to be a certain amount of clipping, and it's alright, it's a game and they can't do much past a certain point.

bakerach
Just now, Falounay said:

The clipping seems really small and you don't see it unless you specifically look for it. I wouldn't have noticed without people talking about it, and I watched the clip like 10 times. There's bound to be a certain amount of clipping, and it's alright, it's a game and they can't do much past a certain point.

Yeah- if that's someone's takeaway from the leak, I feel sorry for them.

alexbebe

Why leaks are not allowed here? Makes no sense if we want it

TrueBambini
Just now, alexbebe said:

Yesterdays was it ok to post possible leaks but nope today you get banned

Jerryshood

That outfit that Arthur was wearing made him look such a bad ass. For people complaining about clipping just remove the bow

nubcaker
5 minutes ago, alexbebe said:

For legal reasons. Rockstar has no doubt contacted the admins of this website.

alexbebe
1 minute ago, TrueBambini said:

Yesterdays was it ok to post possible leaks but nope today you get banned

Thats BS

Lock n' Stock
3 hours ago, Sarcasm83 said:

I'm a little late, but that is not only 1/8th of his health bar. Fourth shot like that would kill you.

Here's an illustration I whipped up by layering said one-bullet-taken-damage over the healthbar accordingly
MArsTxD.jpg

If someone already pointed this out, sorry - I'm catching up atm.

Looks like the health system will work differently this time. I imagine it'll be like GTA V, where some of it regenerates but you'll need to take something to fully replenish it.

Knightfury29

Can we talk about how f*ckin good the camera is in this game like when arthur starts walking the camera wobbles a bit and then follows arthur , a small feature but really has a impact on the overall feel of the game

Ryancoke66

From what I can tell (unless he's been up to other shenanigans), murdering 3 sheriffs will get you a bounty of 185.00$ 👀 - those are REAL consequences, I like it.

Also the Kill cam at the end seems to be more of an honourable one because its sepia filtered and it focuses more on Arthur's perspective.

Edited by Ryancoke66

LTA1992
39 minutes ago, Ryancoke66 said:

From what I can tell (unless he's been up to other shenanigans), murdering 3 sheriffs will get you a bounty of 185.00$ 👀 - those are REAL consequences, I like it.

Also the Kill cam at the end seems to be more of an honourable one because its sepia filtered and it focuses more on Arthur's perspective.

And mind you, in today's money, that $185 becomes about $5,463.52.

lupolvinho

By some reason, the thing that caught my attention the most was the color of the grass. I don't know, it just seems so lively. It's refreshing to see some gameplay that has not been hand-picked by R* for being all glossy and stuff. Raw gameplay makes the game look even better.
I swear i tried to find something to complain about beacuse i love nitpicking. But there is nothing.

geordr
49 minutes ago, Ryancoke66 said:

I was thinking the same thing at first but now I think I was wrong...

The 185.00$ bounty must have been on Arthur's head before this scene takes place, there is no one around to witness the triple murder.

The word "murder" appears when the first deputies are dead but the third one is still alive, he's the one witnessing the murders at that point.

When Arthur kills him the word "murder" goes away and the "bounty 185.00$" appears.

~INDIO~

Where does one go to see the leaked screens? Seen the video already

bakerach
Just now, ~INDIO~ said:

Reddit

SeniorDerp
7 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Legacy has them on his Twitter 

Ryancoke66
6 minutes ago, geordr said:

I was thinking the same thing at first but now I think I was wrong...

The 185.00$ bounty must have been on Arthur's head before this scene takes place, there is no one around to witness the triple murder.

The word "murder" appears when the first deputies are dead but the third one is still alive, he's the one witnessing the murders at that point.

When Arthur kills him the word "murder" goes away and the "bounty 185.00$" appears.

That stands to reason. I wonder if there's a spot somewhere where it shows what your bounty is from. Would be cool to rack it up to $1000's then go down the list and appreciate all ruckus you caused. 

~INDIO~
10 minutes ago, SeniorDerp said:

Legacy has them on his Twitter 

Thanks pal

djb204

In the leaked gunfight gameplay footage. The player pats his horse prior to dismounting and engaging in a gunfight. The horse remains calm during the gunfight while the other horses flee the area. Was the player able to calm his horse prior to shooting so that his horse didn't flee? The part I don't like about this is that the horse didn't move a single muscle during the gunfight. Normally in real life a horse would flinch, shake, or reposition when it is startled. This horse did absolutely nothing. it's was 100% stationary. It wasn't fazed by the gunshots going off all around it. I appreciate having the ability to calm our horses during intense situations, but this horse appeared WAYYYYY to calm. That could hurt immersion. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and doesn't happen like this all the time, but in RDR1 horses fled during gunfights, and even the horses latched on wagons and coaches would nay, stomp and jump around during gunfights.

Crocodile Hunter
5 minutes ago, djb204 said:

In the leaked gunfight gameplay footage. The player pats his horse prior to dismounting and engaging in a gunfight. The horse remains calm during the gunfight while the other horses flee the area. Was the player able to calm his horse prior to shooting so that his horse didn't flee? The part I don't like about this is that the horse didn't move a single muscle during the gunfight. Normally in real life a horse would flinch, shake, or reposition when it is startled. This horse did absolutely nothing. it's was 100% stationary. It wasn't fazed by the gunshots going off all around it. I appreciate having the ability to calm our horses during intense situations, but this horse appeared WAYYYYY to calm. That could hurt immersion. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and doesn't happen like this all the time, but in RDR1 horses fled during gunfights, and even the horses latched on wagons and coaches would nay, stomp and jump around during gunfights.

Its still a game at the end of the day

Hold_My_Beer

Omg would you kids stop already

Im2akillerfish
4 minutes ago, djb204 said:

It's literally a confirmed gameplay mechanic that having a good bond with your horse teaches them to ignore gunshots.

DGSimo
6 minutes ago, djb204 said:

Horses have bravery stats in the game and when you're at max level bonded with your horse, they're unfazed by predators or gun fights.

That's clearly what's going on there as you see the other horses flee when the shooting starts.

geordr
1 minute ago, DGSimo said:

Horses have bravery stats in the game and when you're at max level bonded with your horse, they're unfazed by predators or gun fights.

That's clearly what's going on there as you see the other horses flee when the shooting starts.

Which is not good in this particular situation because a couple of stray bullets may permanently end your horse's life.

This is why R* has include the flee command for your horse.

Life Hack
5 minutes ago, geordr said:

Which is not good in this particular situation because a couple of stray bullets may permanently end your horse's life.

Slap it on the ass.  

Edited by Life Hack

Im2akillerfish
5 minutes ago, geordr said:

From what I gathered fron the previews, there is. 

Edit: Not sure if the quote is meant to be "has to" or "has included" but I assumed the former. 

Edited by Im2akillerfish

DGSimo
2 minutes ago, geordr said:

Well you can't shoot your horse according to Rockstar so that's not a issue.

djb204
1 minute ago, DGSimo said:

Well you can't shoot your horse according to Rockstar so that's not a issue.

Are you saying the game will prevent us from shooting our horse? What about enemy horses?

DGSimo
1 minute ago, djb204 said:

Are you saying the game will prevent us from shooting our horse? What about enemy horses?

I dunno? All I know is that the previews and interviews with Rockstar said you can't accidentally shoot your horse this time round because the option to do so is gone.

lupolvinho
2 minutes ago, djb204 said:

I think that what R* meant by that is that you wont be able to shoot your horse while on it, like you could do i RDR, hunting rabbits was a nightmare while on horseback, if the aiming reticle was even slightly on the horse the bullet would always hit it. But, if you dismount and then shoot it, it will probably end up dead.