3. Site Suggestions

JPFL

Which GTA is the hardest?

Ertan Soner

All 2D and 3D gta's. 

gtafaninwest

For speedruns. VC and LCS.

Johnny Spaz

San Andreas had some difficult missions, so that one, next Vice City Stories only because I could never get past the domestobot mission

GTAUrbanCamping

Honestly, Id say San Andreas. ya it was extremely fun and I loved it...but definitely hardest for me.

Domand

GTA lll was the hardest one I played. Parts of San Andreas could be a pain too at times. 

Mysterdogg

I agree with most of the posts here, GTA 3 was the hardest one, or that's what I remember (...) it was my first GTA and I didn't even finish it. Of course, that was because of my age, I was a kid and even reading the whole dialogues was hard or actually a boredom. While getting older GTA SA turned harder, especially Zero's missions with the RC toys, damn I hate those missions! And finally GTA IV, in my opinion, the way the game features, functions & physics works together makes it the hardest for playing, but not because of the missions' difficulty, but of the how you manage the gameplay; driving carefully, covering, etc, those methods makes the game pretty realistic and hard at the same time since you can't just become an unstoppable man like Trevor in GTA V.

Beato_dim
10 hours ago, Johnny Spaz said:

San Andreas had some difficult missions, so that one, next Vice City Stories only because I could never get past the domestobot mission

Oh, that old 'cows 'n' bulls' puzzle! I like puzzles.

aliovalio

GTA san andreas. 

DangerZ0neX

GTA III.

After you defect to the Yakuza, the Leones equip shotguns that can one-shot your cars and make any visit to their turf a death sentence.

I also remember the construction site mission and the goons that had M16s. What a pain 

ProKiller93

Vice city and san andreas

Lock n' Stock

Excluding 2D games, GTA SA would be mine. GTA III suffered from dated and clunky mechanics, but SA had some absolute painful missions like Flight School and those for Toreno and that little prick Zero.

Bryce Montrose

Classic GTA like GTA 3, VC, and San Andreas, the handling was the problem, the handling was very stiff, but this changed during the GTA 4 era, the handling was realistic so it was easier to drive a car or motorcycle when there was a chase mission

lourent

for me gta5, another easy 

anonim0us

Vice City

Gettin up

GTA 2. Especially the industrial district.

American Venom
On 11/6/2018 at 12:41 AM, Lock n' Stock said:

Excluding 2D games, GTA SA would be mine. GTA III suffered from dated and clunky mechanics, but SA had some absolute painful missions like Flight School and those for Toreno and that little prick Zero.

To be honest I didn't really find the flight school that hard. It was just tedious and time consuming. Like I get CJ had to be trained somehow, but it would've been better if it was served as a "recommendation" like how GTA V did it. Most of Toreno's missions were ok, but I'm glad Zero's missions weren't apart of the main missions.

Someone had to be trolling programming those awful RC missions I swear.

✞✞✞

1 and 2 playing with ps1

wfank

Hardest i played GTA 2 on pc. Really hard to do things under top down view, driving was a mess. Also the only non weapon combat attack as far as i remember you could do was a single punch, which did knock out but wasnt enough to kill they would get up and start running away or attack, the latter always ended bad for me.  Also I had little idea what i was supposed to do, objectives werent clearly explained, the writings were confusing. Cops were so tough, I kept getting wasted and busted every time, lol still remember hearing the finky voice say busted and them throwing me out of the car instead of taking me to prison.... The 3D era brought relief with proper camera view and multiple combo attacks. Havent played it in over 15 years , still remember it being hard and never progressed much. on the other hands with 3, VC and SA i finished the whole games.... But easiest I played would be LCS on ps2.

Edited by wfank

Keano

GTA III gets it for me. I still find myself having to plan ahead with some missions. I enjoyed the difficulty of the game though and also the dark, gritty atmosphere. 

KingAJ032304
On 2/14/2019 at 1:47 PM, wfank said:

Hardest i played GTA 2 on pc. Really hard to do things under top down view, driving was a mess. Also the only non weapon combat attack as far as i remember you could do was a single punch, which did knock out but wasnt enough to kill they would get up and start running away or attack, the latter always ended bad for me.  Also I had little idea what i was supposed to do, objectives werent clearly explained, the writings were confusing. Cops were so tough, I kept getting wasted and busted every time, lol still remember hearing the finky voice say busted and them throwing me out of the car instead of taking me to prison.... The 3D era brought relief with proper camera view and multiple combo attacks. Havent played it in over 15 years , still remember it being hard and never progressed much. on the other hands with 3, VC and SA i finished the whole games.... But easiest I played would be LCS on ps2.

ok so TAKE ALL OF THIS then REMOVE over half the weapons in the game then REMOVE the HUD then make the player killable in one shot or one touch by the police then make the camera more zoomed in and sluggish then REMOVE over half the pickups then remove manual saving then make the map slightly bigger and more confusing then make the time constraints EVEN WORSE then make the police easier to get then make the movement more sluggish then make the missions more annoying then make the cars 2x as week then make it so you can't add anything to your car then REMOVE auto aim when shooting (yes gta 2 had auto aim VERY HELPFUL THANK YOU) then REMOVE the fix car direction that made the car face N.E.W.S. so driving is even harder than DRASTICALLY increase car acceleration with the camera NEVER following than make the ammo limit worse and REMOVE all armour/machine gun pickups near the mission telephones and make the game blindfully bright and ugly with ai who always ram into you and TADAH you got gta 1   

Edited by KingAJ032304

billiejoearmstrong8

GTA III for sure, total nightmare from no map to crazily easy to wreck cars to very difficult time limits in missions to stuff like instant death from shotgun blasts blowing up your car in two shots if you go into certain areas forever after certain missions. I could never hope to 100% it.

I don't know how anyone can say Vice City, it's extremely easy in comparison. A couple of the later missions where enemies have a lot of fire power can be challenging I guess and the firetruck and ambulance missions and PCJ playground are tricky but I can play through it no problem, most missions aren't a problem and "dangerous" areas aren't really dangerous. I don't find the RC stuff hard on there either, the Auntie Poulet one is bit difficult but the side ones aren't and I never understood what people found so hard about Demolition Man, that chopper is the easiest of the RC vehicles to control and you can just avoid the guards flying above them or kill them with the chopper blades. It's the quickest one to 100%, I must've done it 10 times over the years.

San Andreas is the second hardest of the 3D era, most missions are easy but there's just a few VERY difficult things - the stadium races, some of the road races, the bmx and motorbike stunt challenge things (the motorbike one is the WORST), vehicle schools, a couple of the missions like the one where you have to shoot down helicopters or Vertical Bird and of course that Zero plane mission, and the firefighter one again. Playing through the story isn't bad but the side missions get you.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Lioshenka

I'd say VC, it had a high percentage of difficult missions.

III and SA had some very difficult missions, but overall there wasn't many of them, whereas VC's missions were generally harder, but maybe not as hard as those few from III and SA.

IV and V were a boring piece of cake.

Fidzy

The hardest games for me story wise would definitely be GTA 3 and VCS. The shotgun on GTA3 would rip you to shreds and the M4s from the Colombian Cartel would take you to the same destination. VCS had a lot of overpowered weapons and while you could purchase armour for your cars it usually wasn't enough.

Some people say London but I've never played that one. I know the original 2 were crap for saving your game but I never bothered with the story when I was that young.

VC, SA and LCS were annoying at times but nowhere near hard in the slightest. Then IV and V were the easiest of the bunch.

Edited by Fidzy

wfank
On 2/21/2019 at 9:09 AM, KingAJ032304 said:

ok so TAKE ALL OF THIS then REMOVE over half the weapons in the game then REMOVE the HUD then make the player killable in one shot or one touch by the police then make the camera more zoomed in and sluggish then REMOVE over half the pickups then remove manual saving then make the map slightly bigger and more confusing then make the time constraints EVEN WORSE then make the police easier to get then make the movement more sluggish then make the missions more annoying then make the cars 2x as week then make it so you can't add anything to your car then REMOVE auto aim when shooting (yes gta 2 had auto aim VERY HELPFUL THANK YOU) then REMOVE the fix car direction that made the car face N.E.W.S. so driving is even harder than DRASTICALLY increase car acceleration with the camera NEVER following than make the ammo limit worse and REMOVE all armour/machine gun pickups near the mission telephones and make the game blindfully bright and ugly with ai who always ram into you and TADAH you got gta 1   

GTA 2 was my first GTA, played it first around 2000/2001 but but the sound of it GTA 1 does sound ultra tough in comparison. Guess the top down view makes things a mess, but yeah for me the hardest was GTA 2 (playing 2, 3, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, 4, EFLC, 5), but you just made GTA 1 sound like the toughest game ever, especially the killable in one shot or one touch by the police part........

Edited by wfank

Yetinator

Of the games I've played through completely (III, VC, SA, IV, V) I'd say III was the most difficult.

Have tried 1, 2, and London though and they were all considerably more difficult than the 3D onwards era of games.

(In my opinion)

Wolff

I didn't play the 2D GTAs. So it's also III for me. VCS also had quite some tricky missions. I don't mind it though, I always kinda found the missions over the series are too easy. I think the GTA games could've used an optional difficulty spike after completing the story once, as you see in some other games.

Most missions people find hard in VC or SA seems to be solely because they can't get used to the flying controls, if you can fly fine these missions really aren't hard either in my opinion.

Edited by Wolff

ThatKyloRenGuy

GTA III. VC and SA are pretty hard too. Mostly because of the whole “aiming” thing. Must be because I’m pretty much used to IV, EFLC, and V’s aiming controls.

FadeAway
Posted (edited)

I posted on the thread already, but I just have to also second with those mentioning GTA lll. Playing it again as when I first played it, is just as hard and tricky as I remember it. Have to be more strategic with the older games. Basically, aside from the obvious (vehicles blowing up easily, no manual flipping, etc.) but no map in lll. Vice City and SA were easier at least in terms of having a map, but some missions were also hard too. Of course I prefer VC and SA to lll, though most can agree lll was a game of its time too. IMO, HD games were just much, much easier, especially V, which was just a piece of cake!

Edited by FadeAway

LorshZontek

honestly gta 3 and SA, i hate some of the poor mission design in these games