Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Blasterm

Which console are you gonna play this on.

Which console are you gonna play this on  

191 members have voted

  1. 1. On which console are you gonna play this on

    • Playstation 4
      59
    • Playstation 4 Slim
      10
    • Playstation 4 Pro
      62
    • Xbox One
      20
    • Xbox One S
      6
    • Xbox One X
      34


Recommended Posts

Official General

I was actually gonna get a PS4 Pro for this game only if it was able to do 60fps. But now I know it will not, I am not sure. I really want to play this game at 60ps, I can't deal with 30fps these days. I think I will see if it comes on PC. 

Edited by Official General

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst

PS4, digital.  I literally have 2 physical copies for the system out of 128 games.  To be fair, half of them are digital only.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audiophile

So...I just refunded my XBO pre-order and pre-ordered for PS4. I've been told by those who've seen gameplay that base XBO runs the worst. Base PS4 is slightly better. 

 

I hope so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael99420
1 minute ago, Audiophile said:

So...I just refunded my XBO pre-order and pre-ordered for PS4. I've been told by those who've seen gameplay that base XBO runs the worst. Base PS4 is slightly better. 

 

I hope so. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doodling Hitman

I am getting myself the Xbox One X this December, hopefully during a neat sale. Besides that I am hoping to score a good 4K monitor to play it on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael99420
14 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

I am getting myself the Xbox One X this December, hopefully during a neat sale. Besides that I am hoping to score a good 4K monitor to play it on.

They are offering $100 off with purchase of Red dead on the microsoft store...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doodling Hitman
1 minute ago, michael99420 said:

They are offering $100 off with purchase of Red dead on the microsoft store...

I would get that, but I live in the Netherlands. Even though I currently am in Texas, I can't buy something here and take it with me. Sadly still have to pay taxes or whatever at the airport I think.

Although I saw the same offer at one of my dutch stores I usually buy from. I was about to purchase it, but didn't have enough cash on my bank yet. I'll just wait it out and see. Hopefully I am still able to score a good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael99420
2 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

I would get that, but I live in the Netherlands. Even though I currently am in Texas, I can't buy something here and take it with me. Sadly still have to pay taxes or whatever at the airport I think.

Although I saw the same offer at one of my dutch stores I usually buy from. I was about to purchase it, but didn't have enough cash on my bank yet. I'll just wait it out and see. Hopefully I am still able to score a good deal.

I think you dont if it isnt in its original box... could be wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doodling Hitman
1 minute ago, michael99420 said:

I think you dont if it isnt in its original box... could be wrong though.

I'd rather not take the risk. At the airport they need to check any type of electronics and whatnot. Soo... I'll just look around for deals in my country. Thanks nonetheless though! I appreciate the advice.  :]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael99420
31 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

So...I just refunded my XBO pre-order and pre-ordered for PS4. I've been told by those who've seen gameplay that base XBO runs the worst. Base PS4 is slightly better. 

 

I hope so. 

"Meanwhile, the base consoles both perform well in the wilderness, but performance is more variable in urban areas with the densest areas hitting the low 20s on both base consoles. In these areas, the standard Xbox One seems to have a small advantage over the PlayStation 4, suggesting that we may be hitting CPU limits (where the Microsoft machine has a frequency advantage). This may also explain why Pro is smoother, and how X offers up the most consistent experience of the bunch."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audiophile
4 minutes ago, michael99420 said:

"Meanwhile, the base consoles both perform well in the wilderness, but performance is more variable in urban areas with the densest areas hitting the low 20s on both base consoles. In these areas, the standard Xbox One seems to have a small advantage over the PlayStation 4, suggesting that we may be hitting CPU limits (where the Microsoft machine has a frequency advantage). This may also explain why Pro is smoother, and how X offers up the most consistent experience of the bunch."

 

Lmao. I was told the opposite by someone who has seen gameplay on both....that XBO original performs worse than the PS4 original in urban areas. 

 

I don't know what to believe, but too late. Already refunded XBO version and am pre-loading on PS4. 

 

I'm trying to avoid seeing any gameplay myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Argahawk

Same here. I talked with someone who tested the game on both base consoles and hear performance on ps4 is better than on xbo

Edited by Argahawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
michael99420
10 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

 

Lmao. I was told the opposite by someone who has seen gameplay on both....that XBO original performs worse than the PS4 original in urban areas. 

 

I don't know what to believe, but too late. Already refunded XBO version and am pre-loading on PS4. 

 

I'm trying to avoid seeing any gameplay myself. 

They do say either way it looks great so I wouldn't sweat it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audiophile
2 hours ago, michael99420 said:

They do say either way it looks great so I wouldn't sweat it.

 

I guess we'll see. I just want to have a good experience; I do regret that it won't be on XBO as it's my preferred console but it is what it is. 

 

I'm just not about to go buy a One X when I game primarily on PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flannelmagic1

I have pre installed the game (digitally) already, 88.5 GB or something, so when the game launches at midnight lokal time is it just a small patch to install and then you are good to go? I have the One X, are the 4K assets already installed or do I have to install that as well when the game launches? I really hope it won't take too long as I obviously want to play it tonight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lock n' Stock

The Ouya.

 

In seriousness, PS4. Standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaGicBush
On 10/18/2018 at 3:12 PM, Audiophile said:

Xbox One. 

 

I primarily game on PC, so I don't see myself upgrading to a One X anytime soon. Though, I would love to have one, especially for RDR2. 

I'm in the same boat. I got I on my Xbox s, and don't plan to upgrade to an x since I mostly use my pc for gaming and Xbox for movies/shows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.