2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Play Alone?

Malekoth

Reading through the announcements, I noticed them stating you can play alone. I do not recall that option in GTA Online and I am guessing it would have to be through private servers. I would not mind the option if I could play coop strictly with friends. I do not mind pvp, and I do prefer that at times. However, it does sound appealing to create your own character for more single player content.

ALifeOfMisery
3 hours ago, Malekoth said:

Reading through the announcements, I noticed them stating you can play alone. I do not recall that option in GTA Online and I am guessing it would have to be through private servers. I would not mind the option if I could play coop strictly with friends. I do not mind pvp, and I do prefer that at times. However, it does sound appealing to create your own character for more single player content.

The way I read it was more along the lines of that you will be able to attempt activities alone or as part of a group rather than confirming private lobbies.

Idk though.

Lonely-Martin

Lone wolf/story mode player mainly myself, but I do like co-op and competing too. I just don't want to have to be 'switched on' to compete all the time, you know? I enjoy plodding about, I enjoy finding more peaceful ways to steal or such too. (Each their own, but passive and aggressive just don't mix - Embrace more gamestyles).

I think this game might do more to encourage proper PvP and therefore, a better game for more passive players. They put a lot into this story mode I think to not include much online, I really do hope. Also, I feel this year's additions to GTA:O from DDH are far more flexible/solo friendly and less punishing when around others at random too. (No CMM resets).

For me, GTA:O was epic, then became a monster, but this year had become epic again. I hope they just skip that middle bit of experimenting. :)

• Like 3

Honestly i think it would be perfect if you could do the multiplayer experience and missions solo if you can. Or atleast make it so majority of content can be done with 2 people like the doomsday heist. 

Solo lobbies might be a thing i guess. 

ALifeOfMisery

After having played GTAO almost exclusively solo for a long time I'm actually looking forward to starting out in RDO playing with others.

That being said, with things like heists being an exception, I don't want to be forced to play with others. By that I mean that I would like everything in freeroam to be playable solo, with no restrictions based on playing with or against other players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

After having played GTAO almost exclusively solo for a long time I'm actually looking forward to starting out in RDO playing with others.

That being said, with things like heists being an exception, I don't want to be forced to play with others. By that I mean that I would like everything in freeroam to be playable solo, with no restrictions based on playing with or against other players.

being able to do heist solo would be amazing lol.

I don't want to tell anyone how he/she should play a game, but the point of a multyplayer game it's to play with another peoples. There's been 1 month since I last played GTA Online, but if wasn't for my friends, I would've stopped played 1 year ago, probably. It gets boring playing alone after a while.

Edited by Mafia Assassin®

Currently playing Polybius

5 minutes ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

I don't want to tell anyone how he/she should play a game, but the point of a multyplayer game it's to play with another peoples. There's been 1 month since I last played GTA Online, but if wasn't for my friends, I would've stopped played 1 year ago, probably. It gets boring playing alone after a while.

It depends on the game, I guess. I mostly played GTA Online in empty public sessions and worked my businesses. I pretty much just treated it like an extension of the post story free roam grind of single player.

• Like 4

ALifeOfMisery
23 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

It depends on the game, I guess. I mostly played GTA Online in empty public sessions and worked my businesses. I pretty much just treated it like an extension of the post story free roam grind of single player.

That's pretty much how I've played since the end of 2016.

It wasn't just the game, but real life as well. I got a big promotion at work in December of 2016, the kind of promotion you work put almost a decade into getting, which left me far less game time than I'd had previously.

To continue enjoying the game, my enjoyment had always come from collecting and modifying cars, I could no longer take the risk of multimillion dollar sales getting blown up. So I became very pragmatic and started to do all the freeroam business stuff in solo public.

I don't intend on starting RDO this way as I'm hoping it won't aimed towards acquisition and freeroam PvP in the way GTAO is now.

I just want to get into a lobby with some guys from here and have fun without having 20k hats and 50k boots to grind for.

• Like 2

Lonely-Martin
7 hours ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

For me, with GTA with how story mode dated compared with minimal content, kind of had to go online to play new GTA. Freemode became a lone thing simply because the game got out of control with grief. (And R* offered a legitimate option to go solo/invite).

More took it as an online game with multiplayer as optional extra myself, and that just added to my gaming too. Helping forum users here hit challenges is without doubt the best experience I had from GTA:O. If I can do that all the same but more, I know this game is for me 100%.

Look at GT Sport. Campaign mode has to be saved online through polyphony's servers, that's just the way it's going. Day one patches and internet are needed to just play out the box. So while I agree fully others make the game better. Many times it's the opposite and I don't want cheats or grief/bullsh*t messages etc. If R* pull a wonder stroke here and address so much, I'm more than ready to mingle though, certainly try.

Sometimes I just wanna chill out and enjoy a plod, griefers just won't allow for it. Too much for me, so I remove any chance if a sh*t session. Not been griefed since Gunrunning. And won't again. The sh*t that plagued me and my son once lives strong. Shocking stuff!

• Like 2

GoodTimesAhead
On 10/17/2018 at 2:24 PM, ALifeOfMisery said:

Yeah I guess we're not going to encounter a flying horse that shoots missiles  from it's ass, in RDR.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:24 AM, ALifeOfMisery said:

I want what RDR 1 had... co-op servers and adversarial servers.

Sometimes I might want to get online and just ride around in a posse shooting away AI banditos. Other times I may want to roam around and have an epic gunfight from horseback vs several other players. I'd like the option to decide myself.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

I want what RDR 1 had... co-op servers and adversarial servers.

Sometimes I might want to get online and just ride around in a posse shooting away AI banditos. Other times I may want to roam around and have an epic gunfight from horseback vs several other players. I'd like the option to decide myself.

Yup. After all, if they have PvP/PvE options, then it doesn't matter if other people are in the same session, since they won't be able to just f*** with whatever it is you're trying to do.

It's the difference between why ARK is largely 'Hell on Earth', while Conan Exiles is more accessible - ARK is (AFAIK) PvP servers only, and so you can easily wind up logging out, coming back a day later, and finding all your stuff set on fire and your character insta-ganked the moment you log in. Meanwhile, Conan has single-player (which can be offline, online, solo, or invite-only, depending on who's admin), full PvP against other players, or PvE, for folks who want to team up against all the various wild beasties in the game (which is challenge enough, without other players screwing you over!).

Either that, or learn from the mistakes of GTAO over the years, and remember the original philosophy behind the various session options (to borrow a quote from this 2013 preview):

"We've set up Grand Theft Auto Online to be as customizable as possible," Benzies says. "You can lock down your games to only let the players you want in there. There are options to let the game decide who to play with – tell it to auto-fill the game and it will search the world for friends, your crew, or suitably skilled players. Or you can hand pick every player in a game."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commander S said:

Yup. After all, if they have PvP/PvE options, then it doesn't matter if other people are in the same session, since they won't be able to just f*** with whatever it is you're trying to do.

In RDR, even if you were in a "friendly" session, another player could still repeatedly kill your horse every time you whistled for it.