3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Grotti Vigilante

What is your favourite season?

Grotti Vigilante

Something I've been thinking about recently that I thought I'd bring to the forums just to get to know a few of you users, me still being a newcomer and all. Now I've not been able to get a poll on here for some reason so I'll just have to get your answers below. What is your favourite season and why? Personally, I love the summer best. The warm and hot weather just makes everything come to life and seem more beautiful, and I really enjoy the clear skies especially. Wasps and flies are a bit of a pest, but I don't usually have issues with them. Humidity can be a bit uncomfortable of course, but I find it no worse than walking in the freezing cold winter weather. I know you can add more layers in winter, but that's not some kind of trick to become instantly comfortable. Eventually you can't fit any more layers and you get hot and sweaty then, so there's limits. Let me know down below what your favourite season in and why. Thanks in advance! 

Tacymist

I love the chilly weather and beautiful colors of autumn, I just got home from shopping and it felt great outside. Also my favorite holidays start this time of year and I have lots of good memories during these times. 

The Time Ranger

I also like Autumn, the leaves on the trees turning a rusty brown, the cool bright days with a refreshing chill in the air, the early darkness of Winter hasn't crept in yet.

FearThoseWhoFearHim

Mi city is bipolar with seasons, but I like Autumn.

Some clouds to cover the sun, weather around 20 degrees centigrade and a little fresh air, just in the middle point comfortable weather, not too cold or hot.

Edited by MyNameHere

Timcatgt5

Looks like I'm the only person who prefers winter over the other 3 seasons. 

I just like colder weather because its easier to breathe in colder air rather than hot air which has less oxygen in the atmosphere. The sun sets earlier so less people are likely to be in town and in other places that I visit, like the gym. 

I regularly go to town with a tight t shirt and leggings on which is more than enough. Even when the weather is cold I still do this, but I bring a jacket as backup. 

Why I don't like summer is because I have to bring more water bottles during hot weather, I sweat easier during hot weather and shorts and a comfortable t-shirt isn't enough if temperatures exceed 25°C.

Sanches

Winter.
It's the perfect time to see familiar streets in whole different colors. Especially i like the quiet nights with red-ish sky, just a whole different atmosphere.

And when it's cold outside, you value your house's cozyness much more.
Plus i can look extra thick cuz of winter clothes.

bOKUQDn.jpg

Mafia Assassin®

Winter. Here where I live doesn't snow but I really like the cold weather, specially when I dont have to leave my home. It's good to stay in the bed all day watching series, movies or even playing games, under the blanket. Even better if you have someone to make you company.

Rafae

Spring >>>>>>

The perfect mix of hot and cold.

Doctor Holliday

Anyone who doesn't answer "Summer" is a Communist.

AiraCobra

Spring.

That perfect time of year between Winter & Summer where the temperature is perfect between 65 and 75 degrees with a light breeze and you can be outside without 2 layers of clothes and a heavy jacket or without being drenched in sweat within 30 seconds of stepping outside.

Fall comes in second it's something about the smell in the air of on a crisp fall day and the leaves on the trees changing all different colors.

Winter makes my bones hurt even worse so I am inside most of the winter and not doing much phyical activity even inside because it just hurts too bad to move around, If I didn't have kids I'd spend all winter in my bed if I could and hibernate until Spring.

Summer is just too gosh darn hot here we rarely go below 90 degrees from July into October and sometimes like this year the heat follows you a few weeks into October such as this year where just back on Oct 12th we were still having 90 degree days but we're now back in the 40-50's and Trump says Global warming doesn't exist then explain why we went from low 70's one day to 90's for three days and then huge drop to 50's in just under 5 days.

At the rate we're going the Northern part of the country will soon start seeing 100+ days while southern states such as Texas where it tops 115-120 on a regular basis will go even higher even though the heat is good for my bones it's just sucks having to change shirts two or three times a day because you can't go outside without being drenched in sweat within 30 seconds and makes it impossible to do any real activities because of the heat so just like Winter we stay inside in the A/C.

There is one thing I do like about Winter is the dark early days, I'm a night owl as it is and I don't know why but I prefer nighttime over daylight so I like it when it start getting dark at 4:30 PM and stays dark until like 7:30am I think I would fit in perfectly in Norway or Alaska where they go months without the sun coming up but then the tradeoff is then there are months where the sun never sets.

I do feel bad for those people when that happens it must throw their whole body out of whack with always being tired because it's always "Night" or always awake or don't sleep much because it's always "Day"

Edited by AiraCobra

Jerking For Soup

Winter. No elaboration needed. 

SonOfLiberty

Spring and Autumn. They're always the best balance of cool and warm weather. Summers over here can be a nightmare (40+ degree days on average) and whilst Winter is more tolerable I get over the rain pretty quick.

Femme Fatale

Winter, I love the cold and rain.

Beato_dim
7 hours ago, Doctor Holliday said:

Anyone who doesn't answer "Summer" is a Communist.

B0Yr1xp.png

To be fair, I like summer most, but I also like winter. I mean, this year the summer was really good, of the hot, 'walking-in-a-sleevless-t-shirt' type, so I'm quite ready for autumn and the first snow. Don't really like the spring, especially its first half (the latter half is basically summer-lite).

Mr. Scratch
51 minutes ago, Beato_dim said:

B0Yr1xp.png

focPkNa.png

Summer, because the city is practically deserted.

E•MO•TION

Late Spring, Early Summer for no reason other than the 16+ hours of sunlight we get in my part of the world. It just puts me in a good mood.

Menstrual Deranged

I like all the seasons for different reasons but fall is my favorite now. By the end of summer, I'm done with the muggy heat. I just want to wear my "cozy" clothes again and sit under my heated blanket.

No Use For A Name

College football season 

Arrows to Athens

Spring.

Pete4000uk

Autumn. The colour of the trees, the frosty mornings.

thehambone

Used to be a big summer guy, but I'm beginning to like fall more and more as I get older.

Shaytan

Seemingly everyone here in Portugal loves the Summer, so that people tend to react like I'm a weirdo (maybe that's because they're right) when I say my favourite season is the Autumn.

The whole territory of Portugal gets what you'd consider the ideal weather to go to the beach during Summer (which, being the country half surrounded by the sea...), which really appeals to most people. Well, the heat is really uncomfortable IMO and for some reason the hot air seems uncomfortable for me to breathe (idk why but hot enclosed places make my breathing "heavier", same goes for AC or poorly ventilated rooms). Perhaps being a personal thing that I don't particularly feel the most comfortable with my body, I'd rather dress longer coats and such. In general, Summer was always quite boring besides the memories of having the most spare time (but now I'm in college, meaning I do nothing all year equally); maybe this year's was the most entertaining in a long time given my great idea to get into road cycling.

Autumn is awesome. It never gets too cold, the rain has a calming feeling on me, I still don't get sick as often as during Winter and it simply puts me in a calming, thoughtful mood, I think. Interestingly it's likely the least nostalgic season for me, yet it still feels so welcoming. Oh, and Halloween (yeah, it's awesome to get into the mood to listen to my personal niche playlist from the Internet, because there's really no tradition of that here, or at least similar to the US, so things are just bland and cliché-ish turned into marketing).

Nico

All I know is that every year I hate summer even more. Heat followed by heavy rain, power cuts, insects, all windows open, people partying and making noise. Overall lack of harmony.

And the mandatory yearly visit to the beach with the family only makes things worse. People playing beach football within a few meters from you -and the constant fear of being hit by their ball-, the youth at their absolute worst with their garbage music, quad bikes, beer, ten people in the back of a truck, etc. All that sh*t dissapears when it's cold. As long as there's no snow, winter is cool, more sensible and refined. Great for reading, drawing and doing other things inside. I hate how the media tries to control you in every single possible way, even in the weather preferences. Here they literally make you love summer and hate winter. Every time the weather cools down with rain, the woman who leads the news moans about "muh summeh". Bullsh*t.

Rebel

Autumn. Get to watch the leaves change colour, then fall. All the good things associated with it. Halloween, the fact I get to stuff my face with toffee apples, watch some kick ass films and snuggle up with my blanket drinking hot chocolate. Oh and the best thing about autumn? It gets cold and I can start wearing my flannel shirts my ass waits all year for that. Oh and I get to wear my many different boots along with the flannels. 

JON22

None really. Early spring it's still cold which feels worse when it's raining. When it finally warms up you get tiny flies in your eyes. Summer too hot, sweaty, wasps and flies in your eyes. Early Autumn feels nice but you get flies in your eyes and tiny spiders on your face, plus the annoying rain and stray spider web strands on low hanging trees. I like the fresh crispness of winter but I use so much gas trying to keep warm. Only good thing is you don't sweat much and no flies in your eyes.

Evil empire

Summer

GTA-Biker

Summer is my favorite (I like hot and sunny weather,the college classes are over,I have a lot of free time and can ride my motorcycle whenever I want,and there's daylight until around 9 pm,I just don't like all the flies, mosquitos, moths and some other bugs),after it the spring (it starts getting warm and sunny then,so I can start riding my bike),then the winter (I don't like cold weather,but I like the holidays),and fall is my least favorite (the weather gets cold and rainy,and the college classes start again so I have less free time,and there's still some flies, mosquitos and moths flying around as late as October).

Edited by GTA-Biker

✞✞✞

between autumn and winter

I have an allergy to the summer sun and spring don't like it too much

YanUK

Spring - can get good weather and you know it's going to get better (well in theory).

Plants coming to life, people looking forward to BBQ's, longer days.

12oClockWheelieCrew

Spring and Autumn/Fall, when it's most comfortable to go outside, also spend less on heat and air conditioning during these 2 seasons.