3. Site Suggestions

Jimmy_Leppard

Sweep Squad [Mission series]

Jimmy_Leppard
2 minutes ago, Notna said:

Really need to grab myself by the neck because this seems amazing

Thanks, bro :colgate: No worries, you'll find time :colgate:

Jimmy_Leppard

Update: The final mission is uploaded. It's divided into 3 parts. Play the missions, have fun and leave a feedback, guys. :colgate: I'll upload a ZIP/RAR file of the complete mission pack in a few minutes. The link will be in the first post on top of the  ''Mission list'' section.

With this, Sweep Squad mission pack is finished. I want to thank everyone who was following this mission pack all this time and giving feedbacks, but I also want to thank everyone else who will leave a feedback in advance. I hope you will like the mission pack.

It's been a good journey with this. I don't know what comes next or if anything ever will after this… Every year I have less and less time for DYOM, I'm becoming too busy with my personal life and unfortunately, DYOM is an old mod for an even older game and time took its toll. There is only so much you can do with it. But if I do come back, it's not going to happen any time soon, that's for sure. We'll see.

Stay cool, guys. Jimmy out.

GKHEAT

I am back, Awesome missions, you made 18 missions MY GOD.

You are really fast.

Have you written the whole story on anything?

Jimmy_Leppard
19 minutes ago, GKHEAT said:

I am back, Awesome missions, you made 18 missions MY GOD.

You are really fast.

Have you written the whole story on anything?

Thanks man. It's actually 21 missions, not 18, you missed something :colgate:

Yes, I have written a script for this mission pack beforehand.

GKHEAT
14 minutes ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Thanks man. It's actually 21 missions, not 18, you missed something :colgate:

Yes, I have written a script for this mission pack beforehand.

ohh..it's 21 my mistake.

Goodjob

Golden Wolf

Hey Jimmy! I have a question for you. How can I disable the edit mode? I mean when I send a mission to a friend of mine, he won't be able to edit the mission. Can you tell me HOW? 

Jimmy_Leppard
1 hour ago, Golden Wolf said:

Hey Jimmy! I have a question for you. How can I disable the edit mode? I mean when I send a mission to a friend of mine, he won't be able to edit the mission. Can you tell me HOW? 

Hey man. :colgate:

Easy. When you finish designing your mission, you can simply ''lock'' it by going to the Mission menu and select ''Publish mission''. That will create a DYOM0.dat file in your GTA SA User Files and then you just rename it to DYOM1.dat and that's it.

GKHEAT

so what happen next?

Jimmy_Leppard
1 hour ago, GKHEAT said:

so what happen next?

Almost certainly nothing. As I've said, I've finished this and I'm not sure I'm coming back. If I am, it won't be any time soon.

GKHEAT
1 hour ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Almost certainly nothing. As I've said, I've finished this and I'm not sure I'm coming back. If I am, it won't be any time soon.

Good bye in real world, Jimmy.

Take care :)

Jimmy_Leppard
22 minutes ago, Mikolajek451 said:

I'm covering this as a premiere episodes on YouTube! Every episode will be set as premiere!

First episode [aired to be at 20:00 CEST] -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wCRYnVfaig

Wow. Thank you very much, Mikolajek. I'm honored that you decided to take my mission pack as a premiere episode on your channel. I hope it will be worth your while and that you and your audience will like it. I'll make sure to drop a like on those videos when they air. Cheers. :colgate:

Mikolajek451

Next premieres are ready for today!

First One - 13:00 CEST Here

Jimmy_Leppard

Thanks on the notice, will be sure to check it out :colgate:

Joey_

I saw Aznkei playing this on his channel a few days ago so I decided to binge play through this myself as soon as I grab time. I loved Edge of high life and I can say I loved this

mission pack too. Seeing everyone come back brought back a lot of memories.

I hope you make a sequel to this! :)

Jimmy_Leppard
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, Joey_ said:

I saw Aznkei playing this on his channel a few days ago so I decided to binge play through this myself as soon as I grab time. I loved Edge of high life and I can say I loved this

mission pack too. Seeing everyone come back brought back a lot of memories.

I hope you make a sequel to this! :)

Hey thanks a lot on the support, man. I'm very glad you liked it :) Unfortunately, there is little to no chance of me creating a sequel to this. But, we'll see. Cheers :)

AnDReJ98

I think I have missed few of your previous MPs. Well it's time to get back on the track just like in the old days when I used to play all your mps. Kinda miss to see the old style of yours. Expect a feedback.

Jimmy_Leppard
11 hours ago, AnDReJ98 said:

I think I have missed few of your previous MPs. Well it's time to get back on the track just like in the old days when I used to play all your mps. Kinda miss to see the old style of yours. Expect a feedback.

Hey man, good to hear from you. :colgate: You sure did promise a feedback on The Invisible System: Past does not forget also, but I figured you're too busy. I'm glad you have finally found time to play them and I'm very much looking forward to your feedbacks, man. Hope you like the missions packs :colgate:

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard

Notna

HA! I'm caught up on Jimmy's missions!

So, you know how highly I appreciate your mission packs - before I start, let me just say, Sweep Squad is no exception, no, in fact, this is a brilliant masterpiece. Definitely in or at least very close to my top 5 from you. As per usual, the story clicked from the start, consistently made perfect sense, you had a great cast and almost everything was tiptop. That being said and you already knowing how amazing your stories are, in addition to all the excellent sh*t, my feedback will include the few points I wasn't so fond of because a few things stuck with me.

Spoiler

First of all, the connection to the Edge of High Life; YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I can't tell you how excited I was once Scott Blake showed up. He's definitely my favorite protagonist out of your characters, and TEOHL is anyway in the top 2 mission packs from you. Scott's awesome. Playing as him, even for a short drive, was sick. Love the controls of his car by the way.

That sort of takes me to one of the downsides I encountered; we always talk about your cutscenes, but in this MP, from time to time, I thought the dialogue was REALLY repetitive. I emphasize that only because it really bothered me at times; you know, I'm a grown and big dude but I felt I was being mansplained, bad time. And what I mean by repetitive, I don't mean that it was the same kind of vocabulary, but I felt like I had read the same thing three times during the same cutscene. I understand your plots are superdetailed as was the crew's plans etc. but I still thought it could have been made easier to follow and understand just by simplifying some of the dialogues. Especially Nate explaining the plans and Scott talking to Brian at the cemetery; I thought I had replayed the mission at times because it kept going back the same route.

Your characters are awesome, Hendrix being not your usual goody two shoes was really effective, their first job getting f*cked because of the protagonist's recklessness really made for a fresh twist. Ross was my favorite character of the mission pack, though! "Yo, motherf*cker!" Gallacher was a neat, menacing villain but out of the baddies, Lance Jones was my number one - good character. And for a mixed martial artist like myself, the gym scenes really appealed :D

But about that, I've noticed this in your MPs and I know everybody does this, I do as well, but you tend to reuse your skins a lot - it wouldn't hurt otherwise, but you also happen to make all your characters very memorable so they tend to get mixed up. Especially since you have two mission packs with a protagonist named Brian who's got the same skin :colgate:

In this, your cutscene placement was back on point after what I said about the previous MP. Some angles could always be better but I thought it was very cinematic and you used some very effective visual presentation.

But boy... the ending. THE ENDING. MORE. I WANT MORE!!! :sly:

Closure, superior good work. The negative points are there just because when there's a mishap or something bothersome, it sticks out from among your nearly perfect work.

Still the top dog on this board. Better get to work on a new one soon though, Jimbo ;)

Jimmy_Leppard
Posted (edited)

Hey, you blazed through this, I love it :colgate: Thanks on your kind words, it really makes me happy to hear you liked it. To be honest, I didn't think you were gonna like it that much.

I gotta admit, I don't think I've ever been lazier when making a mission pack than I was when making this one. I actually came up with the whole story from start to finish, dialogues, in-game location choices for sequences, everything, in 13 days. I didn't think it was bad, but I was aware it's not anywhere near my top works. That's why I completely agreed with SatournFan on his feedback. So, hearing you say it's high up in your favorites among my work really makes me happy.

Could I have done better with the dialogues? Absolutely. I understand your frustration. I was aware of that when I was testing the missions too, but it was the same thing as with The Invisible System sequel. It was already under wraps and it would've been too much of a hassle to go re-work everything. Not to mention I don't even have time to tinker with missions that long. I wrote the cemetery scene to honor Thomas. I did overdo it slightly :colgate:  I left the ending open ended as usual because I want to have my options if I return. Now I'm sitting at 5 different options for mission packs if I ever return, so I think I did a good job with that.

I decided to retire indefinitely because, like I said, I've never been lazier when making a mission pack and I don't like it. In the back of my mind, it feels insulting to me and especially people that play my stuff. I've said it in the past, I don't want people to think they've wasted their time when playing my mission packs. So, since I wasn't as fired up as before for this one, I decided it's time for a big break. At least a big break to see if this fire will come back. If not, then so be it.

But anyway, thank you for playing this and finally catching up with everything. Good luck to you with your projects in the future, bro :colgate:

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard

moudahaddad148

Every one jimmy is the lord of missions like others good luck and Well done 

Jimmy_Leppard
2 hours ago, moudahaddad148 said:

Every one jimmy is the lord of missions like others good luck and Well done 

:colgate: Thank you very much on your kind words.