2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
GixxerDan88

99.3% complete!

GixxerDan88

Hey guys,

Decided a few weeks ago to go back to the offline game and try get 100%. I've got up to 99.3% complete and was tearing my hair out wondering what I had missed off. Redoing tasks I knew I'd done (such as hold up a store and complete a booty call) after some googling I've come to realise I'm not receiving texts off Hao. I've done the standard 2 races but getting nothing else. I've re-won both races again, tried replaying the s&f mission itself, saving to a different save slot, going online for a mission and back to Franklin and waiting all night (I know the races only appear 8pm-5am)

I'm now sure I've done all thw suggestions I've read online and stuck. It's very frustrating that I'm so close to 100% and a bug is stopping me unlocking the last mission and getting the achievement. If anyone can point me in the right direction of a solution it would be much appreciated (ps4 player)

GixxerDan88
30 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Do you have a R* Social Club account? The online checklist on there should tell you what you're missing.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

Sorry, I should of explained myself better. I know what I'm missing. I believe there are 5 street races to do. 2 are after you have done the mission for Hao and then he texts you one at a time for the other 3 bit I've never had a text and it only shows 2 races on the map. I believe the 3rd is an airport race so I went to the start location incase it was just not showing on the map but nothing shows

Lock n' Stock
2 minutes ago, GixxerDan88 said:

Sorry, I should of explained myself better. I know what I'm missing. I believe there are 5 street races to do. 2 are after you have done the mission for Hao and then he texts you one at a time for the other 3 bit I've never had a text and it only shows 2 races on the map. I believe the 3rd is an airport race so I went to the start location incase it was just not showing on the map but nothing shows

I probably didn't read as much as I should have, so my mistake. As for the street races not showing up, I'm honestly not sure. It may have been a bug that's been caused by a bad patch or something. Maybe contact Rockstar about the issue?

Edited by Lock n' Stock

TheSantader25

This is a common issue. Disgraceful that R* fixes online money glitches in two days but there are still things in SP that haven't been fixed since the beginning . Not to mention that newer updates have caused more instability to the game causing more probability for glitches like this to happen. I'm copy/pasting a response from someone else in another thread from 2014.this probably might not work but give it a try. 

Previous issues with missions not showing up were solved by a few people by quick-saving to a new slot, disabling auto-save and then switching to your Online character through the character wheel... doing a job or two Online and then switching back to Franklin (again through the character wheel) and most of the time it'll show up, sometimes right away or after sleeping for a few days.

Good luck!

GixxerDan88
23 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

This is a common issue. Disgraceful that R* fixes online money glitches in two days but there are still things in SP that haven't been fixed since the beginning . Not to mention that newer updates have caused more instability to the game causing more probability for glitches like this to happen. I'm copy/pasting a response from someone else in another thread from 2014.this probably might not work but give it a try. 

Previous issues with missions not showing up were solved by a few people by quick-saving to a new slot, disabling auto-save and then switching to your Online character through the character wheel... doing a job or two Online and then switching back to Franklin (again through the character wheel) and most of the time it'll show up, sometimes right away or after sleeping for a few days.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that, the only thing I havn't done is disable the autosave. I will give that a try and failing that, I'm stumped! I agree that it's poor, but unfortunately it's becoming the norm for big companies to focus on the areas that make them the money i.e online gaming. EA are exactly the same with FIFA.

GixxerDan88

Tried disabling autosave, saved manually then went online and did 2 missions. Then back to Franklin and slept 10 days. Still nothing. Argh!

DirtCheap

I had the same problem with not getting the taxi missions because for some reason, that asshole wouldn't ring me.

Apparently, all I had to do was buy another property.

Maybe you could do the same and check to see if you get them calls?

Don't get the expensive ones though, but if you have no choice but to get the expensive ones, save your game before you do.

(don't know if it will work for you so apologies in advance if it doesn't)

GixxerDan88
25 minutes ago, DirtCheap said:

I had the same problem with not getting the taxi missions because for some reason, that asshole wouldn't ring me.

Apparently, all I had to do was buy another property.

Maybe you could do the same and check to see if you get them calls?

Don't get the expensive ones though, but if you have no choice but to get the expensive ones, save your game before you do.

(don't know if it will work for you so apologies in advance if it doesn't)

Thanks for the tip, that's something else I've read on forums and I've tried that too to no avail! Might end up having to settle for 99.3%! So frustrating!

Cutter De Blanc
On 10/9/2018 at 11:53 AM, GixxerDan88 said:

Thanks for the tip, that's something else I've read on forums and I've tried that too to no avail! Might end up having to settle for 99.3%! So frustrating!

This problem happened to me before. I was never able to fix it. I had to go back to a previous save file before doing the street races and complete them again

Helegad

I've hit this glitch too, but for me it stops those five lazily-designed desert timetrials in the livery-slathered muscle cars from being available. No huge loss really, but the completionist demon in me is totally RIP.

GixxerDan88

I'm currently messaging R* back and forth with this issue. They have give a couple of suggestions. 1 was to sleep 2 days then drive round as Franklin and the 2nd was to turn console off and wait 30s then hold L1 and R1 (PS4) as soon as the screen goes black straight after the initial picture comes up of the lass taking a selfie. Keep it held until it comes up asking to recalibrate screen. This deletes game cache (doesn't affect your game or save files) 

Neither of these worked for me so I'm waiting on another response but it may for you.

Ondr4H

I played story about time of august, I had same problem it helps me to make save game and load it.Messages came in minute.

Edited by Ondr4H

HelloMyNameIsHuman

I may be mixing something up, as it's been a while, however, I seem to remember that if these are not completed earlier on, it will not happen. You can miss these, like the Simeon final encounter where he runs away.

Slow and steady, GixxerDan88, slow and steady.

GixxerDan88
On 10/12/2018 at 9:40 PM, JuliusCaesar said:

I may be mixing something up, as it's been a while, however, I seem to remember that if these are not completed earlier on, it will not happen. You can miss these, like the Simeon final encounter where he runs away.

Slow and steady, GixxerDan88, slow and steady.

Oh well. That boat may have long sailed then! Seems a bit bizarre why that would be the case though. It's totally seperate to the main story so not sure why it would no longer appear?

R* were awful. Didn't help. After the 2 suggestions above all they said was 'drive around as Franklin until it shows' as if I hadn't done that already! 

So they got a nice message back about how they don't care about single player issues if they have a 4yr old bug that they still don't know how to solve (looking at forums, it's a common bug) and how they only care about online mode that makes them the money! Poor.

HelloMyNameIsHuman

Fret not, however, because I think you can still get 100% by completing some of the ones not required for 100% Someone needs to confirm that, though.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Lock n' Stock
On 10/17/2018 at 7:49 AM, GixxerDan88 said:

Oh well. That boat may have long sailed then! Seems a bit bizarre why that would be the case though. It's totally seperate to the main story so not sure why it would no longer appear?

R* were awful. Didn't help. After the 2 suggestions above all they said was 'drive around as Franklin until it shows' as if I hadn't done that already! 

So they got a nice message back about how they don't care about single player issues if they have a 4yr old bug that they still don't know how to solve (looking at forums, it's a common bug) and how they only care about online mode that makes them the money! Poor.

Rockstar really are sh*tty.

The only advice I can think of if it's possible is this. Assuming this is a bug caused by a recent patch, why not downgrade your game file and try those races again?

Rafae

The races only trigger at night time.

Vanzant
6 hours ago, Rafae said:

The races only trigger at night time.

There you go. ^

There's no glitch, there's no issue with Online updates. You have to play as Franklin and wait till night when the race is available.

HelloMyNameIsHuman

Certain nights of the week too, or no?

Deadman2112

@ JuliusCaesar

No.

The day of the week should not matter.

@ GixxerDan88

It's been a while but, If memory serves me; they triggered after 18:00 or maybe 19:00 and go away at 5:00 or 6:00.

When you first talk to him in the alleyway he says it's illegal street racing, hence the reason it takes place at night.

The icons are only visible between that time and while playing as Franklin. 

Tip: check your game map after 18:00 or 19:00 to see if the icon isn't there. I say this because they only show up at night, and you may have one available but are simply overlooking it.

You will only get one at a time. So, once one pops up and you have finished it, you will have to advance the clock 24 (in game) hours before he sends the next one.

I'm pretty sure they all have to be done to get the 100%. They are part of the "Hobbies and Pastimes" percentage of the game.

To get the 100% this will also include the off road and the sea sharks also, but unlike the street racing are available at any time of day and can be accessed by all 3 characters.

Edited by Deadman2112
Clarity of post...

anonim0us

See youtube