4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MadHammerThorsteen

Fast Amphibians

Stoakzee
10 hours ago, Ronzilla. said:

It'll be real interesting to see how it can be applied in RDRO. Imagine if we can use it as a belt buckle or a weapon ornament? 

or target practice 🤠

MadHammerThorsteen
6 hours ago, Stoakzee said:

or target practice 🤠

I heard you can brand your horses with it ;)

Ronzilla.

Stoakzee were you a driver in that video Matt posted?

Stoakzee

Of course not, I'm a professional driver 😁

I'd be interested to know why it's been hit so many times though.

Ronzilla.

RDR2 has been preinstalled for me. It's so close!

MadHammerThorsteen

Ultimate Edition paid in full at GS. Getting a frame for the collector's map and a stand for the steel case.

ciel
10 hours ago, MatthewIRL said:

Ultimate Edition paid in full at GS. Getting a frame for the collector's map and a stand for the steel case.

it's gonna look sweet. i'm trying to scrape together some extra cash for ult edition. i unwittingly pre- ordered special edition assuming the steelbook was included. 

it's not a big deal, i'll take what i can get. it's officially monday here so only 4 days left until release!

Edited by ciel

Ronzilla.

I see I have a digital Ultimate Edition map waiting to be installed when RDR2 can launch. Since I don't have a physical version, what is the digital map?

MadHammerThorsteen
7 hours ago, Ronzilla. said:

I see I have a digital Ultimate Edition map waiting to be installed when RDR2 can launch. Since I don't have a physical version, what is the digital map?

Nah, lol, that's the digital-only "treasure map" you got as a separate digital pre-order bonus for pre-ordering before Aug. 15. It's better. You get to use it to go on a treasure hunt that nobody who pre-ordered after Aug. 15 can play.

The UE map is just an irl map of the game world, no treasure marked on it. It's a GameStop exlusive, alongside the steel case. Nobody else (at least in the USA) offers those.

Edited by MatthewIRL

Nick1020

Y’all be careful. RDR2 leaks are up. 

Edited by Nick1020
Saw the map too.

MadHammerThorsteen
16 hours ago, Nick1020 said:

Y’all be careful. RDR2 leaks are up. 

I'm at the Armadillo Inn as we speak! jk jk

Ronzilla.

I'll be M I A soon. I saw the map. It's what has been leaked for months.

PretendWereDead

Almost there! See you guys (and girl?) in about a month, I guess?

Ronzilla.

You know it!

I'll be setting all my PSN settings to private tomorrow at midnight. I might upload some pics to twitter from PSN, but I will not be checking notifications. I might stop in here briefly, but for the most part I'll be M I A. Don't take it personal anyone who might hit me up on PSN, I'll be back in a few days.

8 long years since my all time favorite game. I might have trouble sleeping tonight lol. 

Also, the guy who did drums for RDR2 also did drums for possibly one of my favorite albums ever. Frances the Mute anyone?! Mars Volta?! www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnFKTNC77I  Cygnus Vismund Cygnus!

Edited by Ronzilla.
Tried fixing the link. Can't. Booty.

Nick1020

I’m gonna say. I’ve havent been this interested in a game since gta v. And that’s saying something. From what I’ve seen and from a certain someone it isn’t gta v. It’s its own thing and looks like it’s a current gen title. Not gonna go overboard like Ron but I think won’t be playing any online games for the moment. In fact I’ll be deleting some to make room. 

Edited by Nick1020

MadHammerThorsteen

Rafae

Went to the 9pm launch at my local EB Games and picked this baby up. Just installing the second disc now and I'll be ready to go.

Ronzilla.

This game though! I'm partly though chapter 3.

Cackling Jack

I know right^ Im still on 1sr chapter and Im still loving it.

MadHammerThorsteen
On 10/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, Cackling Jack said:

I know right^ Im still on 1sr chapter and Im still loving it.

Wait, you're still in the snow? Damn, dude, gotta make it to Spring!

I'm on Ch. 3, but I've been so busy these past two days with home invasions and fending off bounty hunters that all of my save slots are now under the same mission title and each one is within only a couple decimal points' percentage in completion from each other.

Ronzilla.

I just started chapter 4. Things are starting to get intense.

PretendWereDead
5 minutes ago, Ronzilla. said:

I just started chapter 4. Things are starting to get intense.

Me too!

AB937338-B2-E3-43-F5-A791-FA6-F83-D11531

MadHammerThorsteen

I have been enjoying the heck out of RDR2, but as far as money goes,  I bought the UE and I definitely feel cheated. I'd feel it even moreso if I had bought the digital edition, but luckily, I nabbed the hard copy with the "steel" case. It's all kind of a ripoff, though, for several reasons:

-The extra map is basically the same quality as the game case map of the first RDR, and the game case map for RDR2 is deliberately pared down and useless. The SE map is what you'd expect from any Rockstar game case map, but instead they cut that out to make the SE and UE bundles more appealing.

-The steel case is okay, but it's not phenomenal.

-The boosts and discounts are pointless because they're such a small difference, and by Chapter 3, if you're keeping up with home invasions and other money maker activities, you'll be able to afford it all any way.

-I haven't used ANY of the free weapons because I was able to just buy better weapons before Chapter 2 was even over.

-I gave the Nuevo Paraiso outfit--which was deliberately thumbnailed online so you couldn't get a good look before buying--one look and passed on it.

-Is the talisman really worth part of that $20? I don't really think so. It's nice to look at for the two seconds you actually notice it in the outfit menu, but it's not really all that special.

-Turns out the dapple black thoroughbred is just a unique skin on a horse breed you could easily have afforded by the end of Chapter 2. No special stats, and the skin isn't even that great to look at. Honestly, any ol' pinto would look better.

-I haven't done the bank robbery yet, but it better be f*cking fun because as you might be able to tell by now, I don't need the damn money.

It's incredibly frustrating to know that that was $40 that would've been muuuch better spent toward a Fallout 76 pre-order.

So many times, I thought about just getting the standard copy to save the money, but my little Rockstar-addicted pea-brain convinced me I needed to be one of the elite who got the extra content... except in hindsight,.it's not so damned extra after all. I'm tempted to economocally demonstrate why the Editions are a rip off and try to cause another internet uprising against greedy monetization practices, but there's not a damned chance Rockstar will ever let go of that extra money. f*ckin sons of Dutch is what they is.

Edited by MatthewIRL

Cackling Jack

Thats a bummer^ I just brought the standard copy and traded two games i finished a year ago. Thibk overrall it was $20. Got a surivial bonus content with it. Oh and Happy Halloween Fast Ampibitions! 

Ronzilla.

It's the way it goes everytime. I always get the standard edition, but I got the ultimate edition for RDR2. I was pretty jealous when GTAV launched and I only got the standard edition. The desert eagle players got online in the special edition of GTAV seemed worth it to me then. I didn't want to make that mistake for RDR2. It's the UE online content I was most interested in, and that's not out yet. This isn't some annual title where you need the season pass and 6 DLCs, it can get worse, much worse. If you're tight on cash don't take the special edition gamble. Very rarely do you get anything decent, and even then everyone else ends up getting the content anyway.  

With that said, I got the UE digital version, and I'm happy. I was mostly interested in the online content. Hopefully it's not mostly just free sh*t we could earn by playing and is exclusive to UE folks for a bit.

Happy Halloween!

Edited by Ronzilla.
Folks not foks

*Qi*

Fallout 76 has a problem and its that how basic it has been for so long, it has bugs which is major no no for an Online only game. Moreover engine hasnt been updated in ages, looks the same, no dialogue options. 

Right now any RPG that comes in way of  RDR2 is doomed, also any shooter and battle royale genre is over saturated. 

I honestly wish we just see a proper Fallout, with something really worth calling new in future. Assassins creed was doomed just like God of War, but they were like nah we wont let the series die. Taking time and doing whats the right thing matters a lot. 

Ronzilla.

I'll be trying the FO 76 beta tomorrow.

Ronzilla.

Chapter 5! 51% story completion! I know I'm a RDR fan boy, but this might seriously be the greatest game I ever played. All other modern games would be over by now. I hope GTA 6 is taking notes.