4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Penguin Bob

The Adventures Of Claude Speed

Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)

STORYLINE

After three long years in the war, Claude Speed has to come back to Los Santos to meet his mob boss, Mr.Cabone. But once he comes back, everything in the city has gone bad. The city is filled with gang wars, drug dealers, and Mr.Cabone has lost his territory. Now, it's Claude's job to survive the raging streets and bring the mafia back to normal. 

DOWNLOAD

Chapter 1 is now available. Download it here: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/56805 

Edited by Penguin Bob

GKHEAT

Seems good

Penguin Bob
1 hour ago, GKHEAT said:

Seems good

Thank you!

Penguin Bob

Hello everyone. I am currently working on Chapter 2 of this. But I am trying to make some cutscenes, and my game crashes at a certain cutscene!  I've tried limiting the cutscenes but that didn't work. Should I try limiting the cutscene even more? (if i do that, it will probably make the mission look rushed and unrealistic)

omigawail
42 minutes ago, Penguin Bob said:

Hello everyone. I am currently working on Chapter 2 of this. But I am trying to make some cutscenes, and my game crashes at a certain cutscene!  I've tried limiting the cutscenes but that didn't work. Should I try limiting the cutscene even more? (if i do that, it will probably make the mission look rushed and unrealistic)

If you spawn too many actors/cars at the same objective it crashes. Spread them out. Like 15 actors in one cutscene and 15 in the second one, instead of just 30 at once.

Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, omigawail said:

If you spawn too many actors/cars at the same objective it crashes. Spread them out. Like 15 actors in one cutscene and 15 in the second one, instead of just 30 at once.

I've only added 2 actors and 6 cutscenes at once. That's it. And it's still crashing. I guess I will try to limit the cutscenes even more.

Edited by Penguin Bob

omigawail

Are you using a "follow actor" or "actor 1st/3rd" person cutscene? If you hide an actor after the cutscene is crashes.

Penguin Bob
22 minutes ago, omigawail said:

Are you using a "follow actor" or "actor 1st/3rd" person cutscene? If you hide an actor after the cutscene is crashes.

No, I am using Static.

omigawail

Weird. Explain in detail how you made the cutscenes. There must be something you did different that causes it to crash at that moment and not before it.

Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, omigawail said:

Weird. Explain in detail how you made the cutscenes. There must be something you did different that causes it to crash at that moment and not before it.

Okay well, it was in an interior. A strip club. Before, I've added too many cutscenes together so I thought that's what caused it to crash. Then I added only 6 cutscenes for that particular scene and it is still crashing. I only aim the camera to the person who's speaking. I made one of the actors have an animation to sit on a chair. The dialogue also had a name with it for the person who is actually speaking. I don't know what's the issue here, but I will try to dimmer down some cutscenes for the strip club scene.

EDIT: I've tried to dimmer the cutscenes down, and the cutscenes took place outside of the interior. And it crashed on the first cutscene of that. At this point, I'm getting frustrated. So instead of a cutscene, I will make it a phone call.

Edited by Penguin Bob

omigawail
8 hours ago, Penguin Bob said:

Okay well, it was in an interior. A strip club. Before, I've added too many cutscenes together so I thought that's what caused it to crash. Then I added only 6 cutscenes for that particular scene and it is still crashing. I only aim the camera to the person who's speaking. I made one of the actors have an animation to sit on a chair. The dialogue also had a name with it for the person who is actually speaking. I don't know what's the issue here, but I will try to dimmer down some cutscenes for the strip club scene.

EDIT: I've tried to dimmer the cutscenes down, and the cutscenes took place outside of the interior. And it crashed on the first cutscene of that. At this point, I'm getting frustrated. So instead of a cutscene, I will make it a phone call.

How many objectives do you have before that? And most importantly: Is the player inside the internior where the cutscenes take place?

When you make a cutscene in a "universe" the player isn't in, it becomes unstable and actors are glitched.

Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, omigawail said:

How many objectives do you have before that? And most importantly: Is the player inside the internior where the cutscenes take place?

When you make a cutscene in a "universe" the player isn't in, it becomes unstable and actors are glitched.

I made an actor of the same model as the player in the cutscenes. I think that was the problem... Oh well, I am almost done with the mission. Too late to go back and change the sequence back to the cutscenes. *oh and, I've only had at least 16 objectives before that.*

Edited by Penguin Bob

omigawail

Select the objective before the cutscene, then go to the interior where the cutscene happens, then create a "teleport player" objective.

Note: The player must be in the interior where cutscenes happen or the interior won't load and it crashes. Use smoke and mirrors to hide the player, give it a different skin and make it a background character, or even hide it in a different room. All that matters is that the playable character is in the interior.

Penguin Bob
11 hours ago, omigawail said:

Select the objective before the cutscene, then go to the interior where the cutscene happens, then create a "teleport player" objective.

Note: The player must be in the interior where cutscenes happen or the interior won't load and it crashes. Use smoke and mirrors to hide the player, give it a different skin and make it a background character, or even hide it in a different room. All that matters is that the playable character is in the interior.

Thanks for letting me know. I will do that in the third chapter because Chapter 2 is now finished.

Chapter 2 has finally been released! Download it here: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/56846

NOTE

Honestly, in my opinion, I could have done a whole lot better on this mission. But for some reason, DYOM wanted to crash all the time, leading me to add various limitations to the mission. If you think the mission was trash, I honestly don't blame you. 

MISSION INFO

Claude gets off the plane to meet his mob boss, Mr.Cabone. Mr.Cabone shows Claude his new apartment, and then Mr.Cabone tells Claude that Johnny Foreill, the rival mob boss, has been sending dope dealers to Mr.Cabone's territory. It's up to Claude to stop them.