Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Penguin Bob

The Adventures Of Claude Speed

Recommended Posts

Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)

 

STORYLINE

After three long years in the war, Claude Speed has to come back to Los Santos to meet his mob boss, Mr.Cabone. But once he comes back, everything in the city has gone bad. The city is filled with gang wars, drug dealers, and Mr.Cabone has lost his territory. Now, it's Claude's job to survive the raging streets and bring the mafia back to normal. 

 

DOWNLOAD

Chapter 1 is now available. Download it here: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/56805 

Edited by Penguin Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GKHEAT

Seems good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
1 hour ago, GKHEAT said:

Seems good

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob

Hello everyone. I am currently working on Chapter 2 of this. But I am trying to make some cutscenes, and my game crashes at a certain cutscene!  I've tried limiting the cutscenes but that didn't work. Should I try limiting the cutscene even more? (if i do that, it will probably make the mission look rushed and unrealistic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omigawail
42 minutes ago, Penguin Bob said:

Hello everyone. I am currently working on Chapter 2 of this. But I am trying to make some cutscenes, and my game crashes at a certain cutscene!  I've tried limiting the cutscenes but that didn't work. Should I try limiting the cutscene even more? (if i do that, it will probably make the mission look rushed and unrealistic)

If you spawn too many actors/cars at the same objective it crashes. Spread them out. Like 15 actors in one cutscene and 15 in the second one, instead of just 30 at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, omigawail said:

If you spawn too many actors/cars at the same objective it crashes. Spread them out. Like 15 actors in one cutscene and 15 in the second one, instead of just 30 at once.

I've only added 2 actors and 6 cutscenes at once. That's it. And it's still crashing. I guess I will try to limit the cutscenes even more.

Edited by Penguin Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omigawail

Are you using a "follow actor" or "actor 1st/3rd" person cutscene? If you hide an actor after the cutscene is crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
22 minutes ago, omigawail said:

Are you using a "follow actor" or "actor 1st/3rd" person cutscene? If you hide an actor after the cutscene is crashes.

No, I am using Static.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omigawail

Weird. Explain in detail how you made the cutscenes. There must be something you did different that causes it to crash at that moment and not before it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, omigawail said:

Weird. Explain in detail how you made the cutscenes. There must be something you did different that causes it to crash at that moment and not before it.

Okay well, it was in an interior. A strip club. Before, I've added too many cutscenes together so I thought that's what caused it to crash. Then I added only 6 cutscenes for that particular scene and it is still crashing. I only aim the camera to the person who's speaking. I made one of the actors have an animation to sit on a chair. The dialogue also had a name with it for the person who is actually speaking. I don't know what's the issue here, but I will try to dimmer down some cutscenes for the strip club scene.

 

EDIT: I've tried to dimmer the cutscenes down, and the cutscenes took place outside of the interior. And it crashed on the first cutscene of that. At this point, I'm getting frustrated. So instead of a cutscene, I will make it a phone call.

Edited by Penguin Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omigawail
8 hours ago, Penguin Bob said:

Okay well, it was in an interior. A strip club. Before, I've added too many cutscenes together so I thought that's what caused it to crash. Then I added only 6 cutscenes for that particular scene and it is still crashing. I only aim the camera to the person who's speaking. I made one of the actors have an animation to sit on a chair. The dialogue also had a name with it for the person who is actually speaking. I don't know what's the issue here, but I will try to dimmer down some cutscenes for the strip club scene.

 

EDIT: I've tried to dimmer the cutscenes down, and the cutscenes took place outside of the interior. And it crashed on the first cutscene of that. At this point, I'm getting frustrated. So instead of a cutscene, I will make it a phone call.

How many objectives do you have before that? And most importantly: Is the player inside the internior where the cutscenes take place?

 

When you make a cutscene in a "universe" the player isn't in, it becomes unstable and actors are glitched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, omigawail said:

How many objectives do you have before that? And most importantly: Is the player inside the internior where the cutscenes take place?

 

When you make a cutscene in a "universe" the player isn't in, it becomes unstable and actors are glitched.

I made an actor of the same model as the player in the cutscenes. I think that was the problem... Oh well, I am almost done with the mission. Too late to go back and change the sequence back to the cutscenes. *oh and, I've only had at least 16 objectives before that.*

Edited by Penguin Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omigawail

Select the objective before the cutscene, then go to the interior where the cutscene happens, then create a "teleport player" objective.

Note: The player must be in the interior where cutscenes happen or the interior won't load and it crashes. Use smoke and mirrors to hide the player, give it a different skin and make it a background character, or even hide it in a different room. All that matters is that the playable character is in the interior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
11 hours ago, omigawail said:

Select the objective before the cutscene, then go to the interior where the cutscene happens, then create a "teleport player" objective.

Note: The player must be in the interior where cutscenes happen or the interior won't load and it crashes. Use smoke and mirrors to hide the player, give it a different skin and make it a background character, or even hide it in a different room. All that matters is that the playable character is in the interior.

Thanks for letting me know. I will do that in the third chapter because Chapter 2 is now finished.

 

Chapter 2 has finally been released! Download it here: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/56846

 

NOTE

Honestly, in my opinion, I could have done a whole lot better on this mission. But for some reason, DYOM wanted to crash all the time, leading me to add various limitations to the mission. If you think the mission was trash, I honestly don't blame you. 


MISSION INFO

Claude gets off the plane to meet his mob boss, Mr.Cabone. Mr.Cabone shows Claude his new apartment, and then Mr.Cabone tells Claude that Johnny Foreill, the rival mob boss, has been sending dope dealers to Mr.Cabone's territory. It's up to Claude to stop them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob

Chapter 3 has finally been released! Download it here: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/58154.

 

                                                                                                                                                   NOTE

I'm back! Sorry if it took me so long to make a chapter 3, busy. Anyways, here you go! 

 

                                                                                                                                MISSION INFO

Claude has a dream of a recent war he was in. This is only part 1 of this dream. Part 2 coming soon. (if i don't go missing again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

Nice mission pack for a newbie, The dialogue is very nice but need more quality, continue like that!

 

Wanna join my mission pack "DYOM Chronicles?" If you want, tell me your name in the MP and your Skin ID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
2 minutes ago, Seth said:

 

Wanna join my mission pack "DYOM Chronicles?" If you want, tell me your name in the MP and your Skin ID.

 

Hmmm, elaborate please. I'm kinda new to this. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

DYOM Chronicles is a mission pack of some DYOM Designers start a Journey for adventures and fun, now you wanna join the MP?

Spoiler

Are you Cptmyname? You sound familiar to him...

 

Edited by Seth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
1 minute ago, Seth said:

DYOM Chronicles is a mission pack of some DYOM Designers start a Journey for adventures and fun, now you wanna join the MP?

  Hide contents

Are you Cptmyname? You sound familiar to him...

 

No, I am not him. And sure, I would love to join!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

Your name will be "P Bob" in the MP, okay?

 

And give me your skin ID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
2 minutes ago, Seth said:

Your name will be "P Bob" in the MP, okay?

 

And give me your skin ID.

Skin ID: 32.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

Do you have discord account so we can talk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penguin Bob
1 minute ago, Seth said:

Do you have discord account so we can talk?

Yes I do. Discord: Penguin Bob #1786.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.