3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

livejoker

The Van Society (Part 2)

PatG

Saints Row 2 is really fun. If you've not tried it yet, I'd suggest looking up a few videos on it before buying it.

Also, if you're still wanting to repaint your Kuruma or whatever with the mods, but don't want to do it yourself, just send a PM my way. Gonna do a bit of rearranging on the account so I'll be able to do yours up when I'm done.

PoisonedGas

This question is mainly directed at LJ (since he was mentioning the game short ago) but anyone else can answer.

Is Midnight Club LA Complete Edition worth it for 25 euros? I'm not planning on buying any game right now, but after I complete IV EFLC I'll probably be bored to death when no one is online/they're minding their own business and I was considering buying that game for when that happens.

Or maybe someone else has a better suggestion?

I had Midnight Club LA on the 360 and it's a great game. Good customization, good cars. It's probably one of rockstars best game (at least IMO)

Creme_Brulee

Saints Row 2 is really fun. If you've not tried it yet, I'd suggest looking up a few videos on it before buying it.

Also, if you're still wanting to repaint your Kuruma or whatever with the mods, but don't want to do it yourself, just send a PM my way. Gonna do a bit of rearranging on the account so I'll be able to do yours up when I'm done.

I've watched some Saints Row gameplay, it seems too crazy for me but I wouldn't know until I tried it. There are games I didn't like until I tried them, but I'd rather hold myself back here with Saints Row as I don't want to waste my money.

Still haven't made my mind up on my Kuruma, thanks for the offer though.

Vysixo

Ingame name: Vysixo_

Console: PC

Social Club name: Vysixo_

Time Zone: GMT+1

Something about yourself as a person: I enjoy playing GTA 5 and would like to meet new people ingame :)

what are your ingame interests: Crusing, Hiests, Customizing vehicles.

Johnaton

Something about yourself as a person: I enjoy playing GTA 5 and would like to meet new people ingame :)

Hey! A seniorpartner will look at your form soon :)

livejoker

@Brau: Depends how much you like deep car customization. There's no engine tuning like Forza (Xbox series which has amazing tuning) but you can make a garage full of the same car and have them look mostly different from one another. Doubt it still works but the game has/had servers where you can download pre-made cars. A lot of Fast & Furious cars and a LOT of modded vehicles. The game is modded to hell (simple USB stick to grab a save file is all you need). You'd enter a multiplayer lobby (a freeroam cruise) and there would be these Audi R8's with like massive neon wheels and Land Rovers that went 300-400 MPH in the span of 4 seconds. I got a special rare one which is a Lambo Miercielaogoegoeokegoo (that one) and the lights are a bright white/purple and wherever they're pointing makes the game map in the pause menu a big cone of purple. Only shows up for me but cool nonetheless. Doubt many still play it, I played it about a year ago and I kept getting put in the same lobby which had only 5-6 people that knew each other. They started calling me "Moan-A Lays" (Mona Lisa) when I made this joke about moaning in the mic while eating chips despite the fact I wasn't the f*cking one eating chips, another guy was but he ate them while I was moaning just because I was bored. That's when I stopped joining online cruises...

You can buy cop cars which lets you, if I recall correctly, avoid getting cops after you in SP. Also makes it real fun to roleplay in MP by sitting on a highway exit and waiting for other players to speed by, chasing after them on the highway is tons of fun. The game is a serious good time waster and well worth the money, although I'm sure you can find it much cheaper (15$ here, dunno how much that is in eurovision dollars). There's also a paint decal system but I never bothered with it, felt clunky compared to Forza.

If you want a game less centered around cars and more on story/gameplay, Saints Row 2 as Pat suggested is a great one. It should probably be a lot cheaper than Midnight Club, too. Don't bother with Saints Row 1 (I didn't). Saints Row 3 is too different and not a true sequel to the masterpiece that is SR2. That game had amazing tunes that I still listen to daily, funny and memorable story moments, I remember the map by heart and I spent well over 100 hours playing it. It's such an underrated game. DO NOT play MP in that game, though. You can play the story in co-op with someone - go for that. People in MP (deathmatch/etc.) jump around with shotguns and are way too good. Like that's all they play. Stick to co-op story missions with a buddy.

If I honestly had to pick? I'd go with SR2 but that's because it's based on pure nostalgia. I'm sure you'd prefer Midnight Club better, though. The customizing, the cop chases...if you love the first F&F over the others ones because of the whole tuner atmosphere, Midnight Club is perfect for you. You can even get/make the green Eclipse which is my favorite F&F car.

Hey Vysixo! Welcome to the Van Society thread! A senior member will shortly look at your application. Right now they're attending the world's first Beer Pong Championship, more specifically in the category "no limbs" meaning they can't throw the ping pong ball with their hands or feet. I wonder which orifice they'll use the most! :D

Retired Mafia

Hey there! Welcome to the van society. An invite has been send to you on social club :)

Good to hear that you wabt to meet new players, best way is to stay active on this topic, you will get to know a lot of other VS members by chatting here. To find members on PC you can check the memberslist in the 5th and 6th post of this topic :)

We also host the time trial series if you like racing, you can find info on it in the third post of this topic

Enjoy the crew!

Hey Vysixo! Welcome to the Van Society thread! A senior member will shortly look at your application. Right now they're attending the world's first Beer Pong Championship, more specifically in the category "no limbs" meaning they can't throw the ping pong ball with their hands or feet. I wonder which orifice they'll use the most! :D

That's right! It's a very competive championship between the senior partners, reporting live from the championship. I'm having a hard time competing, all other senior partners are brits and it appears that they have a lot of experience with this!

PatG

In a nutshell, Saints Row is basically a more comical version of GTA: San Andreas. I think the campaign's relatively long and there's a ton of side missions to do here and there ranging from fight club, to helicopter assault, to even streaking. It does get a little bit crazy, but that's really the beauty and appeal of Saints Row. It's not meant to be the most serious sandbox that has to have the greatest story line, but it offers a really fun experience.

If I still had my old SR2 save file, I'd still play it today.

Edited by PatG

catmandoza

I'm having a hard time competing, all other senior partners are brits and it appears that they have a lot of experience with this!

I do think know what you mean, I have absolutely no experience of firing ping pong balls out my ass at all!!!!!!!! honest......

Creme_Brulee

3rYwu7o.png

Here are 3 informational posts that will explain you how to join, what the event plans of this weekend are and what the current time trial track is.
Would you like to join this crew? Check out this post how to join:
The "how to join" post

Need to see the VS event plans of this weekend? Check out this thread to read them:
The "event plans" thread

Want to know what race track was selected for the current time trial? Check out this topic to find out:

The "time trial" topic

Well, Saints Row 2 is only 10 euros in fact. Ultimate Edition is 12,49. Idk, I'll consider both when the time comes.

Edit:

How's Burnout Paradise btw? I've heard good things about it. Also, Far Cry 3 would also be a great option, been wanting to try that game since I've heard about it.

Edited by Braulioaej

PoisonedGas

So if anyway has ever wanted to watch Mario and Sonic fight each other, I've found the video for you!

doubleg213

stunts.jpg

Couple of points ready for tonight.

I have everybody as friends on PSN other than Mr_Grandis. You'll need to send me a request when you get on.

The event will be set in two parts.

I've a playlist of normal races which will be the GTA races for everyone to test the cars out. Each race is intended to be a single make race, so the Tyrus race everyone uses a Tyrus and so on.

The only vehicles skipped are the two bikes and the Redwood Gauntlet. Mainly as the Gauntlet is crap so only something worth buying if you like the way it looks and I have no bike races suitable.

GTA race is for spawning only. Not to allow killing. Although the playlist will end with a proper GTA race with rockets and all of that stuff.

In some races I won't be racing as I'll be trying to do some recording so just ignore any cars parked in weird places for no apparent reason.

The races are all PS3 races as until we get the new props there is little sense in spending time making stuff in Creator, so some of it is a bit ghetto. Most of these vehicles will feature in events on more developed tracks later though/

After we've run that playlist I've added all of the stunt races into a single playlist so we can have a run through on those assuming people are still around and want to do so.

PatG

Have fun at the Stunning C*nts Cunning Stunts event guys! Looking forward to any pictures/videos that come from it!

Edited by PatG

catmandoza

looking forward to it G. even had an old man mid afternoon nap to freshen up

Kid-A

Can't wait to take pictures. I'll clear space in Editor.

livejoker

Burnout Paradise has amazing cars and great graphics but it's mostly for people who love the Burnout series or those who like to see the environment in a blur. I'd still go for Midnight Club L.A over Burnout.

Ultimate Edition Saints Row 2?! Get it. Cheap as it is, it's one of the best games for that price.

Retired Mafia

After brauli's pic i realised that i look great as a tulip expert

Creme_Brulee

Maf may be a serial-killer-store-robbing-van-driving maniac, but at the end of a hard day of work, he likes to tend to his tulip gardens.

mZw018O.jpg

OQYGtH9.jpg

Original:

XOQf6CC.jpg

Also, you gonna online today mawf?

Edited by Braulioaej

The Bman 2

Ingame name:Batman008Bill

Console:Ps4

Social Club name: Batman008Bill (Deja Vu)

Time Zone:EST

Something about yourself as a person: I'm awesome (nuff said)

what are your ingame interests: (just to have a good time and have fun!

Edited by The Bman 2

O RLY U MAD HUH

I swear I'm not a hipster...

mADlt3L.jpg

MDOPsR2.jpg

6MxIQI1.jpg

HHPlAIS.jpg

Bonus pic

M0mGSfF.jpg

Edited by O RLY U MAD HUH

Creme_Brulee

Ingame name:Batman008Bill

Console: Batman008Bill

Social Club name: Batman008Bill (Deja Vu)

Time Zone:EST

Something about yourself as a person: I'm awesome (nuff said)

what are your ingame interests: (just to have a good time and have fun!

Hello! Thanks for filling in the form but there's a little problem...where it says console you need to say on which console you play, not your name! So, do you play on PS4? PS3? XB1? PC?

Once that's done, one of the senior partners will look at your form and invite you. :)

Edited by Braulioaej

Fozzie

Maaaannnn... I gotta get one of those Batman consoles..

They are probably limited edition though only for people without parents

Kid-A

When I died in the Tyrus race, I wanted to hang myself lol.

I was 8 seconds ahead of all of you.

Johnaton

Where can i get me some of thoae batman consoles???

Fozzie

Where can i get me some of thoae batman consoles???

Gotham City only

Johnaton

Any adress? I assume he lives by himself?

Don't think he lives with his parents eh...

Edited by Johnaton

Hdxt_Hardluck

Any adress? I assume he lives by himself?

Don't think he lives with his parents eh...

Caves!

catmandoza

confused the sh*t out of me. "8seconds behind" "catmandoza entered first place"

Felon Forever

When I messed up the 2nd time in the Tyrus race at that mean chicane near the yacht club, I wanted to dope slap myself. But that would have cost me even more time ... so I'm doing it now.

Edited by Felon Forever