• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

Eutyphro

If a player scores 101 goals in 100 matches and the other scores 100 in 50 matches, who you think is the best or more prolific scorer?

Simple math, logic, common sense

And clearly Ronaldo throughout his career has been a far more prolific goal scorer than Platini. Having scored 360 goals for madrid in 348 matches. Platini doesn't come anywhere near Ronaldo in such statistics. He isn't even in the top ten goalscorers of Juventus. But his stat for his national team is very good, because it was far more dominant than Ronaldo's Portugal. But clearly you are being rhetorical and change your idea of whatever record is important based on who you like. The Ronaldo/Klose example proves it. Records though, aren't based on value judgement. They are exactly what you say they are not, simple stats.

• Like 1

Being neutral (I, not Switzerland ffs), the Swiss should have won it before the pen kicks.

Condom Shakiri's goal is just awesome, he'll surely be remembered by the Swiss (and some Albanian too) on the years to come.

Crokey
That's twice in two days Northern Ireland have been taken out of Europe by Wales.
  • Like 8
Flesh-n-Bone

Too bad Swiss couldn't make it through after that awesome goal by Shaqiri (or Shakuri?).

As far as most goals scored go, nobody other than the most dedicated Ronaldo hater will go into some stupid detail about why it's invalid based on mathematical equation taken from overall seconds played in the tournament. When people look back, they will see that Ronaldo has the most goals scored in Euro history (if he breaks it). Nobody will bother looking past to see who scored "nearly as much in less games played". Statistics are meant to be kept simple and straightforward. You may manipulate everything to fit whatever agenda you have but the general fanbase couldn't care less. The World Cup example couldn't be a better one. R9 broke Müller's record with goals scored in 3 tournaments and Klose got one over him in 4 tournaments. Looking back, nobody points out the number of games played, the only thing that matters is goals scored.

• Like 1
Doc Rikowski

Platini wasn't even a striker and played in the midfield.

In just 3 years, from 1983 to 1986 he won absolutely everything a football player can win except the Uefa Cup (today's Europa League) and the WC. Plus 3 Ballon d'or and other major achievements. His legendary status is undoubtable.

Your fanboysm is quite funny though. Usually when someone criticize an idol of a fan boy, the most common word used is hater. But as I said I do not hate Ronaldo at all.

Anyway I guess simple things are hard to understand for some of you. Including math and stats which you twist as you please just as you twist my words. ;)

Sunrise Driver

F**k that piece of s**t.

F**k football.

F**k C. Ronaldo. F**king loser.

Croatia should've won.

Edited by Street Mix
Eutyphro

Nobody doubts Platini's status as a legend. It's you who twists simple words. Most goals scored in the Euros is extremely simple, but you chose to twist it.

Anyway, this Croatia Portugal match is very disappointing. But as I'm typing Portugal seems to have made the wining goal. I'm glad if I don't have to watch penalties.

• Like 1
Raavi

What a terrible, terrible game. Terrible luck for the Croats there at the end as well, potential finalist defeated. Completely undeserved.

• Like 1
Eutyphro

Croatia was playing a sh*t match though. They played too conservative. Then the first real counter they get beaten. That's sad, but that's football. Sad to see Croatia go, great team. But they didn't perform like they should today.

• Like 1
Flesh-n-Bone

The match was sh*t but that was a cool ending for someone like me who's neutral but roots for Portugal just to see the the salt from Ronaldo haters. Feel bad for Croatia since they were pretty enjoyable to watch in the group stages, but this is what happens in the knockout rounds and tbh, I expected to see much better from them. Portugal vs Poland will probably be another game with very few goals but I'm looking forward to see Portugal in the final should they manage to keep it steady until then. How Belgium does tomorrow will determine the strength of the teams on the upper bracket. Portugal aside, I want Germany in the finals from the other bracket.

Raavi

Croatia was playing a sh*t match though. They played too conservative. Then the first real counter they get beaten. That's sad, but that's football. Sad to see Croatia go, great team. But they didn't perform like they should today.

Oh yes, expected much better from the Croats, seems like they never really got into the game until right at the end, but the Portuguese have played almost exclusively dramatically sh*t all tournament and made offence after offence today, two of which were especially jarring and should've been yellow at the very very least.

Had high hopes for the Croats for this tournament but it is what it is.

Platypus Chairlines

F**k C. Ronaldo. F**king loser.

Your hate on Ronaldo outbursts so pathetically. I didn't watch the game but, why do you even need to curse him? Portugal national team isn't great at all. He carried his team to a point where they can be counted as succesful. Can't you see how CR changed their destiny in Euros by crucial goals and assists? Respect him at the very least for what he's done and been doing. Edited by pavulabreaker
  • Like 1
SouthLand

Well even if i dislike Ronaldo as much as i dislike Messi, I wanted our neighbors to continue on to next stage. Portugal didn't deserve though.

• Like 1
Eutyphro

Srna is an amazing back though. At 34 years old: "Darijo Srna was outstanding for Croatia despite being on the losing side. He made 14 crosses as well as creating an impressive six chances for his team-mates. Defensively he won five tackles, five aerial duals and made two clearances." He actually gave the cross that ended up hitting the post, then was back in time to defend against Nani, but failed.

• Like 1
Tchuck

@Doc: My point still stands. Someone pointed out that Ronaldo was one goal off Platini's record, which he is, and you had to go out of the topic saying that he wasn't because of some other record, therefore Ronaldo could never beat Platini. Which means that you can't leave Ronaldo alone, and have to find some way to ding his status as a legend whenever you can. Your refusal to admit so while trying to find different ways to justify your opinion just makes it more obvious. :facedesk:

Anyway, back to the Euros, sh*t match between Portugal and Croatia. Glad to see Wales through, hoping they can get pretty far this time around. Bale is a beast!

Hoping for a Chilean victory at the Copa America as well. At least that game I'll be able to watch from the other side of the world.

• Like 5

I'm happy that Portugal won it, but hell what a sh*tty game!

Pepe, I really dislike this dude (though he even played for my team), was the best overall imho.

Both sides played it like it was some other group stage, shame on both!

How come France, Italy, Germany, Spain and England are on one side and Portugal, Belgium and whatever are on the other?

There's something wrong with this, I'd say.

On a different note, Blatter will also be remembered for a long, long time, unlike Cantona, Boniek and so on...

Edited by Eram

Hmmm. Uh. Sorry guys. Err, I want to ask. Is it true that there is a news recently about a football player. That just because he farted near the referee, he's given a red card?

Eutyphro

@A8ul99: Yeah, I read that. Funny story.

Belgium is playing well, but can't finish Hungary off. Now Hungary is still in the match, because Dzsudzsak is excellent.

Crokey

Hmmm. Uh. Sorry guys. Err, I want to ask. Is it true that there is a news recently about a football player. That just because he farted near the referee, he's given a red card?

Tis true

Also gutted for Ireland today, was hoping for a last minute hand goal from Ireland as a bit a of sweet revenge.

bodyparts

WITSEL GOT FUKING STERILIZED YO!

Anyway, what's other countries commentators like? Glenn Strömberg and that other generic Swedish asshole can suck my tits, they didn't even mention that jewelry theft.

MyName'sJeff

Belgium battered Hungary. Unfortunately, they were naive and thought they could outplay a strong team like Belgium but all they done was left some unbelievable space for Hazard, Batshuyai and Carrasco to thrash them 4-0. They might have had 2-3 chances, but they didn't take them anyhow.

Tchuck

Felt bad for Ireland. They were looking pretty solid defensively in the first half, but couldn't put away the headers they had upfront. If they had managed to score a second one before half time, I'd wager they could have beaten France.

Eutyphro

Ireland and Hungary put up good fights, but were both chanceless for the win really. Ireland got tired of running after the ball in the second half and started letting gaps fall which got punished. Hungary was lucky to stay in the match for so long and made some good efforts on goal, but they could barely complete a decent pass and they were playing rather sh*te. Two low quality teams the tournament should be glad to be rid of. What I'm looking forward to is Spain Italy. I have sympathy for the Italian team, but Spain would be better for the quality of football in the tournament.

• Like 1
Flesh-n-Bone

Congrats to Chile for doing it again. Two in a row over Argentina in penalty shoot-outs. The sweeter part was seeing Messi miss another penalty!

Tchuck

Well won't you look at that. Messi choked on the final of the Copa America. Again. Missing a penalty even. So much for being a legendary player. :sigh:

Good final, though the 0-0 remained. As time went on, Argentina was getting more and more desperate to score and shoo away their 23 years without a senior title. Messi had a couple of good chances to put his team ahead, but failed to be decisive when it mattered, specially missing Argentina's first penalty. Even legends can have a bad day at the office.

• Like 3
Sunrise Driver

What the f**k, Messi?

Well, congrats to Chile for winning Centenario edicion de Copa America!

xxxtentacion

Congrats Chile on winning this sh*t again, it was extremely well deserved to you guys.

Also a big shout out to Missi for allowing this beautiful avatar.

• Like 5
Banks.

So Messi says he's retiring from international football. What a sore loser, guess it's hit him he'll never win a thing with Argentina :lol:

• Like 4
Tchuck

And that's because the Argentinian squad is talented in nearly all positions. A team with the likes of Di Maria, Aguero, Higuain, Lamela, Pastore, Lavezzi, Mascherano, Dybala, Messi, and still weren't able to win anything. Legendary.

• Like 2