• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

Why would anybody want to see harsh and unfair tackles in football? I would much rather see more tough but fair tackles.

Nothing wrong with a harsh one every now and again to send a message.

I wouldn't say Arsenal showed up, City were just unbelievably sh*t today. Sloppy passing, no urge to get forward and no creativity what-so-ever, hurry the f*ck up Toure and just come back from the African Cup of Nations.

In my opinion Arsenal just wanted it more. Good win for them. Tonight makes me think we'll not be lifting the title at the end of the season.

In my opinion Arsenal just wanted it more. Good win for them. Tonight makes me think we'll not be lifting the title at the end of the season.

I don't think you will.

I wouldn't say Arsenal showed up, City were just unbelievably sh*t today. Sloppy passing, no urge to get forward and no creativity what-so-ever, hurry the f*ck up Toure and just come back from the African Cup of Nations.

How can you say that? Arsenal clearly shut City out of the game completely.

Because having watching City all this season and knowing exactly how they can play and adapt to games, in this game we were just simply sh*t. Arsenal didn't shut City out of the game, Chelsea did that against us, Stoke did that against us... Arsenal didn't, and they had holes in the back which City didn't exploit.

Because having watching City all this season and knowing exactly how they can play and adapt to games, in this game we were just simply sh*t. Arsenal didn't shut City out of the game, Chelsea did that against us, Stoke did that against us... Arsenal didn't, and they had holes in the back which City didn't exploit.

Lol, you sound like a bitter City fan.

Arsenal played one of their best games against City and we deservedly won without a threat of a come back from City.

You're wrong on this one Crokey. Arsenal shut you out for the most part. Obviously you had a few chances but that's always going to happen as a team cant shut a team down completley for 90 mins. Silva really didn't have any influence on this game at all and most of City's attack goes through him so if you do like Arsenal did and closed him down and didn't let him have anytime on the ball then the chances are City aren't going to do much attacking wise. It may of been different if Yaya was there as it is virtually impossible to play Yaya and Silva out of a game but with only one of them there it was much easier for Arsenal yesterday.

I think Neville, Souness and Henry went a bit overboard though with their praise after the game yesterday saying how they (Arsenal) could go on and win the Champions League etc.....no they cant.

• Like 2

The title is going to Chelsea, I see them beating City next week too.

Highly doubt that seeing as they dont play each other next week. ;)

Looks like I've not been watching City at all then this season, since this topic is now full of those who have, and have seen how they play. :turn:

PS Butthurt would be saying that we were excellent and robbed, I pointed out that we played sh*t, that's called pointing out facts. :dozing:

Edited by Crokey

Looks like I've not been watching City at all then this season, since this topic is now full of those who have, and have seen how they play. :turn:

You dont have to have watched all season to have a opinion on one game, which is what the majority of people are talking about. I agree that Man City didn't play great like I said earlier but while that may be in part self inflicted alot of it was down to how Arsenal played.

Plus if what you have said is the case then nobody would be able to talk about teams other than there own and studio analysitis are useless then as it's impossible for anyone to watch every single game from every team here and abroad.

Totally agree with Crokey, the City midfield didn't show up, Arsenal played well, but it wasn't a case of them outclassing City, but more so a situation in which City did f*ck all to shake the game up, showing how much they to an extent depend on the magic of Yaya. Cazorla and Coquelin played well, but on a different day, City would have given them a different game.

Totally agree with Crokey, the City midfield didn't show up, Arsenal played well, but it wasn't a case of them outclassing City, but more so a situation in which City did f*ck all to shake the game up, showing how much they to an extent depend on the magic of Yaya. Cazorla and Coquelin played well, but on a different day, City would have given them a different game.

I cant speak for everyone else but to say the only reason why Arsenal won is becuase City didn't show up is nonsense. I'm not sayng any particular Arsenal player was on a world of his own but as a team the tactics they employed where pretty close to perfect as you can expect when playing away from home at somewhere like City. The reason why Silva and Aguero etc didn't have a good day isnt solely there fault it's in part to do with how Arsenal played.

Arsenal did play really well, and I think it's fair to say they shut CIty down. They had a defensive game plan and in particular they closed down City's danger men like Aguero and Silva, but especially Silva. They only had 35% of the ball, which is incredibly rare for Arsenal. They finally realised you can't play naive open football away against the big teams.

The game against City will be a massive one, we could all but seal the league if we beat them. Psychologically it would be massive. Not looking forward to Frank's return. Tbh I think he could get a few boos, I'm not sure. I hope there isn't, but I can understand if there is a bit of that. But he will always be a club legend, even to Chelsea fans that are the most critical of his City move who might boo him.

Tbh I think he could get a few boos, I'm not sure. I hope there isn't, but I can understand if there is a bit of that. But he will always be a club legend, even to Chelsea fans that are the most critical of his City move who might boo him.

A lot of classless chavs support Chelsea, wouldn't be surprised if there were boo's.

Sorry Doc, but that list is a load of bull. Serie A 2nd? Argentinian league 4th above the Bundesliga? That's crazy.

Sorry Doc, but that list is a load of bull. Serie A 2nd? Argentinian league 4th above the Bundesliga? That's crazy.

It's according their criteria which is based on factual statistics so it's not completely bs.

In 2013 there were quite different results.

We could use a thousand other criteria that would give different results but it doesn't mean that their one is not valid.

Anyway you can check their criteria here and it seems fair to me: http://www.iffhs.de/explanations-cwr/

The title is going to Chelsea, I see them beating City next week too.

Highly doubt that seeing as they dont play each other next week. ;)

Yeah this weekend is FA Cup and next is back to league fixtures.

Would Chelsea fans really boo Lampard? A player who played for them for 13 years and was one of their most influential players for over a decade. Surely not.

It's according their criteria which is based on factual statistics so it's not completely bs.

In 2013 there were quite different results.

We could use a thousand other criteria that would give different results but it doesn't mean that their one is not valid.

Anyway you can check their criteria here and it seems fair to me: http://www.iffhs.de/explanations-cwr/

I know it's not made up or anything, but it's criteria is clearly limited and ignores common sense. Because Serie A is not the 2nd strongest league, and the Argentinian league probably isn't even a top 10 league.

Some fans might boo Lamps. Just in a "You broke our hearts by going to City and we're showing our disappointment and temporary anger towards you, but deep down we still love you" kind of way. I dunno. I know a lot of Chelsea fans do feel a bit annoyed towards Frank for going to City, but I don't know of any who feel genuine anger or will let it affect their feelings towards him long term or anything like that, which is what you sometimes get when players switch to rivals. If he does get boos, the same fans that boo him would probably clap him and sing his name in the same game as well. It's a weird situation.

Edited by stu

The criteria for that list is a little ropey, Serie A is bobbins and has been for years, and although La Liga is a good league for it to be so far ahead in the list is not that realistic. Stats aren't everything, the game has to have passion and and intensity... and you can't teach that.

1. FC Barcelona VS Atletico MADRID

I hope Torres and Mandzukic do the right thing tonight destroying FCB. I am going to wear my Atleti jersey with the David Villa 9 print on it today around Barcelona and probably tomorrow again if FCB loose.

2. Looking forward to watch tomorrow Espanyol - Sevilla. It's going to be a tough match but I hope Espanyol makes it to the final. If they beat Valencia the can destroy Sevilla