• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

Good to see the FA Cup getting the attention it deserves again. I watched a documentary on the Crazy Gang the other day. Was a really good watch and it just showed how special the FA cup was/is. It hasn't really had that feeling in recent years but like Purple9 said, the match between Everton and West Ham tonight felt like a proper FA Cup tie.

SouthLand

Espanyol knocked out Valencia in the King's Cup. With a bit of luck, Atletico destroys Real Madrid and FC Barcelona and Espanyol detroys (Sevilla or Granada still to be determined) and (Celta or Athletic Bilbao still to be determined)

Would love to see a Atletico vs Espanyol final giving the win to the team of Barcelona.

Crokey

'ckin 'ell Purp, where've you been hiding?

Apparently it was good game tonight as well, a proper FA Cup tie.

Apparently it was good game tonight as well, a proper FA Cup tie.

It was a great game, it had absolutely everything. I'd recommend you all watch the highlights if you can, even just for the absolute scenes before, during and after the winning penalty.

I was there and I got home a little while ago, just too excited to f*cking sleep haha. West Ham do this to me.

• Like 1

missed that FA Cup tie, highlights look awesome though. Love how the West Ham supporters were applauding Everton's effort at the end there. That's everything right about football.

At first I thought Bony to City would be just another waste of a great striker, but I reckon he'll get used quite often in fact. Wonder if he'll see time against Arsenal, I heard Aguero was looking pretty rusty in his short appearance at Everton. Unsurprising, but I wonder if they'll rush him back into the first team. Lots of fantasy managers on the edge of their seats over this one.

Bony gone to City

R.I.P Bony's career

He's a good striker but with City in trouble with the FFP I think it's quite strange they've bought him for such money. £30M on a striker when they already have Aguero (the best striker in the league imo) Jovetic and Dzeko. City won't be able to spend much now in the summer...

Edited by Wrong Kind
Crokey

Jovetic has been blowing hot and cold since he arrived... mostly cold, Dzeko can be on fire after about a 3 game run and then he goes on a good scoring streak, Aguero is Aguero. So Bony in my opinion would be more likely to vie with Jovetic for his position.

Mr Rabbit

Jovetic has been blowing hot and cold since he arrived... mostly cold, Dzeko can be on fire after about a 3 game run and then he goes on a good scoring streak, Aguero is Aguero. So Bony in my opinion would be more likely to vie with Jovetic for his position.

The bench. Go figure.

He is a good 3rd choice though, provides a plan B or even C (as dzeko is the plan B)

flitcroft101

anddddd TORRRRRRRES scores against Real Madrid in the first minute of the game

edit: and he scores again 30 seconds into the second half LOL

TORRES!!!!!! he's back baby

Edited by flitcroft101
  • Like 2
Hodgey.

anddddd TORRRRRRRES scores against Real Madrid in the first minute of the game

edit: and he scores again 30 seconds into the second half LOL

TORRES!!!!!! he's back baby

Does he still play football?

Who knew... :monocle:

Doc Rikowski

Sometimes going back to your old club gives you that extra thing you needed to shine again on the field.

I'm glad.

RM ain't gonna win sh*t this year. You read it here first. ;)

Mr Rabbit

Sometimes going back to your old club gives you that extra thing you needed to shine again on the field.

I'm glad.

No I really didn't, not even close.

But yeah Torres might have extra motivation now he is home so might get some goals, or it might just be one of several false dawns

flitcroft101

I'm glad.

No I really didn't, not even close.

But yeah Torres might have extra motivation now he is home so might get some goals, or it might just be one of several false dawns

Torres will shine with Griezmann, Torres isn't a lone striker. Simeone will get the best out of him, i'm sure.

SouthLand

Torres is back hell yes.

Now, for the Spanish King's Cup final,

Group A

Malaga - Athletic

Sevilla - Espanyol

Group B

FC Barcelona - Atletico

Getafe - Villareal

Finals i would love to have:

-"Espanyol 3-1 FC Barcelona" Goals= Sergio Garcia (2), Stuani (1), Messi (1)

- "Espanyol 3-2 Atletico" goals = Sergio Garcia (2), Stuani (1), Mandzukic (1) Griezman (1)

Final that i think will really happen:

Sevilla - Atletico

Flesh-n-Bone

Horrible defending on both goals, specially that second one. Don't know what was up with Ramos and the rest of the defense because they kept giving the ball away around the penalty area and were lucky Atletico didn't score more.

Oh well, with the cup being a non factor now, the team can focus on the CL and Liga instead, already having a good lead in the latter and an easy draw on the former.

flitcroft101

Horrible defending on both goals, specially that second one. Don't know what was up with Ramos and the rest of the defense because they kept giving the ball away around the penalty area and were lucky Atletico didn't score more.

Oh well, with the cup being a non factor now, the team can focus on the CL and Liga instead, already having a good lead in the latter and an easy draw on the former.

being one point ahead isn't much of a lead tbh

Would be hilarious if Real ended this season without a major trophy after boasting about their team at the start of the season. :lol:

Doc Rikowski

Would be hilarious if Real ended this season without a major trophy after boasting about their team at the start of the season. :lol:

That is what is going to happen. They were lucky in the CL final, that's all they did last year with their way too much overrated Cronaldo. ;)

Loved this one: "The Ghost Threat" :D

1421365000_extras_mosaico_noticia_4_g_0.

Edited by Doc Rikowski
  • Like 1
SouthLand

That is what is going to happen. They were lucky in the CL final, that's all they did last year with their way too much overrated Cronaldo. ;)

Loved this one: "The Ghost Threat" :D

1421365000_extras_mosaico_noticia_4_g_0.

I didn't know you spoke Catalan.

That's the only Catalan sport newspaper that I buy since they talk quite a lot about my team. Marca also but online.

Good times when we had a TV Channel as a sponsor and they talked about us for one whole hour everyday... f*ck the Catalan media f*ck TV3! Long Live Canal Catala TV!!!

camiseta+canal+cat.jpg

Doc Rikowski

I didn't know you spoke Catalan.

I don't but I got there using Italian ("La Minaccia Fantasma") and Portuguese ("A Ameaça Fantasma"). ;)

So with the 3 Stooges inspired defensive formation remaining, hoofing long balls up to Falcao and Di Maria and big f*cking Phil Jones on corner duty in a team of skilled hobbits I think I know what LVG's philosophy is. Win, but win by playing with quality banter.

Worked against Arsenal. :ph34r:

Southampton might have gotten lucky there but they're giving Man Utd and LvG a run for their money. I honestly didn't expect them to stay up there for so long. Now, I'd be surprised if they miss out on a top 4 finish.

Happy with the dominating away win at Swansea. Just need Arsenal to do us a favour now and take some points off City. Wenger will probably botch it up though.

• Like 1

Why would anybody want to see harsh and unfair tackles in football? I would much rather see more tough but fair tackles.

Arsenal 1-0 up at HT. They are playing good so far which is surprising, when was the last time Arsenal put in a decent performance away from home against a top four side?

• Like 1