• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

SouthLand

Time to strip Spain of the 2010 WC title... Joking... ;) lol :pp

We won legally. Can't say the same thing about South Korea in the 2002 World Cup making it to the Semi Finals

Helguera would of have beaten up the ref if he could:

2010-07-08_IMG_2010-07-08_13:32:19_helgu

helguera_ghandour_365xXx80_938730319.jpg

Edited by SouthLand
  • Like 1
Tchuck

My bet is that if anyone else will be getting it, it'll probably be the US.

I'd love for Japan to host it, though. They promised some sweet new systems to transmit the matches to other stadiums around the world, something about holograms. Would be sweet!

Doc Rikowski

We won legally. Can't say the same thing about South Korea in the 2002 World Cup making it to the Semi Finals

I know, I was joking.

South Korea in 2002 robbed 3 games in a row. Portugal, Italy, Spain. Shameful WC that was.

• Like 1
cactus.

I know, I was joking.

South Korea in 2002 robbed 3 games in a row. Portugal, Italy, Spain. Shameful WC that was.

How did they rob Portugal, exactly? From what I remember their goals were perfectly legit and Portugal earned themselves 2 clear red cards. I'm sorry but you cannot put that loss down to some conspiracy.

Edited by TheCacti
Doc Rikowski

After all we know now about FIFA you insist in claiming that South Korea went through that WC legitimately? Ridiculous.

First red card was a yellow. Midfield foul, no big deal.

Second red card, a full dive by Korean player, was clearly given to benefit Korea which btw had spent the match doing fouls left and right.

I have no doubts that even if Portugal had equalized they would have found a way to cheat through that match like they did in the following two.

That WC will always be remembered like the WC in which South Korea cheated their 4th place.

Flesh-n-Bone

The Spain and Italy matches were ridiculous. Back then I was happy because I wanted the two giants knocked out to make it easier for Germany, which has always been my team and sure enough, they did football a favor and knocked Korea out regardless of any attempts of favorable refereeing.

The third goal, in particular, that Spain scored was disallowed for an absolutely ridiculous reason. The ball was clearly not past the line even from the regular camera. Poor Joaquin had to bear the responsibility of missing that last penalty.

cactus.

After all we know now about FIFA you insist in claiming that South Korea went through that WC legitimately?

From my post above, I am insisting that Korea won the match against Portugal legitimately.

ayyy lmao. There are cynical fouls, and then there's unnecessary, dangerous play. This falls into one of those categories.

Beto's 2nd yellow was iffy, I'll give you that. Korean player definitely embellished the contact, but you see that sh*t week in week out even in the Premier League when a player already on a yellow commits to a challenge that he has no business making, and pays the price for it. Surely the argument that Korea were aided in that match doesn't come down to a 2nd yellow for a team already playing with 10 men, right?

Besides, your argument falls flat on the basis of 2 key things 1) Korea themselves had a goal disallowed that match, and 2) Korea were already through to the group stages. Even if they had lost, Portugal would advance at the USA's expense.

The Italy and Spain matches are a different story when you have perfectly legitimate goals being ruled out. I think it's a shame, though, that that controversy had to surround Korea that year, because in spite of it, they were actually a very good team.

• Like 1
SouthLand

After all we know now about FIFA you insist in claiming that South Korea went through that WC legitimately? Ridiculous.

Second red card, a full dive by Korean player, was clearly given to benefit Korea which btw had spent the match doing fouls left and right.

I have no doubts that even if Portugal had equalized they would have found a way to cheat through that match like they did in the following two.

That WC will always be remembered like the WC in which South Korea cheated their 4th place.

Italians still remember. It was a great come back honestly, you mess around with me, We get your Superstar booed by thousands of Italians even though it's 11 years later.

Min 1:50

Poor Joaquin had to bear the responsibility of missing that last penalty.

Yeah but, nobody blame it on him. The press and his teammates where pissed at the Ref and not at Joaquin's miss.

Crokey

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/england-ready-to-host-2022-world-cup/ar-BBkFWXO?ocid=mailsignoutmd

England ready to host 2022 world cup if its stripped off from Qatar. f*ck yes, I still don't understand why we haven't hosted it for the past 40 years now.

My bet is that if anyone else will be getting it, it'll probably be the US.

This would be my guess, I'd love England to host it, as we are probably one of the very few countries that could host a World Cup with very little prep time, as the only issue would be security.

But since Russia bought* the 2022 World Cup, then Europe can't host it twice in a row, although we could swing it and say since most of Russia is in Asia...

So that would leave the US as a very good potential candidate.

*not proven, but I'd love that to be true.

Edited by Crokey
Eram

^^^ Russia is Europe or Asia?

I guess it depends, kinda like Turkey or even Israel ;)

China will surely host one soon, whatever the outcome of Jan 2016's "elections"...

cactus.

I think Australia would be a good shout as well to host the tournament on relatively short notice, wouldn't they? I've never been there, but I imagine they have good enough stadia and infrastructure in place to host a huge event like that, plus a big sporting culture would be mean there's no shortage of attendance or atmosphere.

• Like 1
SouthLand

What about;

- North Korea

- Iran

- Iraq

- Somalia

- Afghanistan

- Syria

Doc Rikowski

I guess Iran could organize a WC and North Korea too, why not.

The others are currently at war, so not.

@ TheCacti: we had this same "Korea" conversation about a year ago during the 2014 WC. I guess we both already know we disagree on this so let's move on. ;):pp

MyName'sJeff

What about;

- North Korea

- Iran

- Iraq

- Somalia

- Afghanistan

- Syria

Hope you're not serious. If it was hosted in Afghanistan, chances are the taliban would come in and bomb the pitch and put a small grenade inside the football or something. But my other guess is that they've got absolutely no infrastructure or proper stadium to host it so that's out of the question. I don't even know why Syria is on the list, jeez. Definitely not Somalia either since they have their issues as well. Don't know about NK or Iran though.

Edited by MyName'sJeff
Flesh-n-Bone

Clearly it's a joke.

It's funny to imagine Afghanistan hosting a WC, though. Or a televised big match, period.

Doc Rikowski

Today it's the day. Good luck Miro, I hope it doesn't end at penalties. May the best win clearly and cleanly. ;)

Today it's the day. Good luck Miro, I hope it doesn't end at penalties. May the best win clearly and cleanly. ;)

Good luck too, mate. Shall the best one win! Too bad there's only one trophy, both would deserve one. ;)

Flesh-n-Bone

Good luck to Juventus.

The pessimist in me pretty much guarantees a Barcelona win, but Juve will be forever heroes if they pull this one out.

• Like 1
Doc Rikowski

Well, I doubt we'll make it. The goal was too early. Congrats Barça. I'll be off watching a movie lol

Vidal f*cked up big time on that goal. We made it so easy for Rakitic to score...

Oh well. It was a good season. We'll be back. Forza Juve!

Edited by Doc Rikowski
Zapp

Well, I doubt we'll make it. The goal was too early. Congrats Barça. I'll be off watching a movie lol

Hope you're kidding because what you said doesn't make any sense.

The first half was pretty lame, aside from the goal. Not many chances, a lot of childish mistakes and so on. Would have loved though to see those dribbles of Messi at the last chance to go in, but I guess he tried too much. We better score a second to secure the lead, preferably a third too to secure the win.

Doc Rikowski

Hope you're kidding because what you said doesn't make any sense.

I know my team, I know football.

I've lost too many finals to not know already how this one is going to end.

Such an early goal in a final is a death sentence.

Especially if it's against Barça and especially if Juve suffered it.

So yes, I'm having dinner and watching a movie with my wife and daughter atm. :D

Congrats Miro for your 5th Cup.

Edited by Doc Rikowski