...::[The Footy Desk]::... (Part 2)

Banks.

Halal Cyborg
On 7/12/2021 at 11:57 PM, Eutyphro said:

Point proven.

Thanks I do try…

Kamus89
On 7/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, TheSantader25 said:

Leo finally wins an international trophy. I actually didn't expect them to beat Brazil. It's Italy's turn now. Come on!

Era lo que le faltaba, que ganara una copa con la selección Argentina. Todavia me dura el festejo del Sabado jajaja.

• Like 1

Doc Rikowski

GG England.

I'm incredibly happy for Italy's win.

Being an Italy supporter for 40 years now (started when I was 9y old in the 1982 WC) and finally I could celebrate a EURO win.

What I can say about England is that football takes football gives.

You lost many times at penalties, just lost a final but your time to celebrate will come, for sure.

I watched Italy lose at penalties the 1990 WC semifinal vs Argentina at home (heartbreaking), the 1994 WC final against Brazil (national tragedy), the 1998 WC quarter finals vs France (we don't like France much).

Then the Euro final vs France in 2000 with a golden goal (devastating).

The 2002 scandal elimination vs South Korea and the 2004 one in group stage.

Then penalties gave us back the WC in 2006 and now the EURO.

In the meantime we were smashed 4-0 by Spain in EURO 2012 final.

This recap just to say cheer up England, football will come home sooner or later.

You have such a talented team.

About the sportmanship thing. Players do that with silver medals very often. Not just English ones.

Stupid football fans are a common plague in all countries.

I know the majority of England accepted the defeat gracefully and some I personally know congratulated me.

Forza Azzurri! 

PS

U did finally beat Germany so something is already goin' in the right direction. ;)

Edited by Doc Rikowski

barcelona1968

Football is never coming home to England.

Those days are long gone. Only one World Cup win, which was suspect.

they just can’t perform internationally.

Eutyphro

I would not be surprised if they won next wc actually. The fact that a player like Sancho is benched in that squad says much about how good it is. Against Italy they were outclassed in possession though, so hopefully Hendo gets fit, and they can improve that aspect a bit. There should be a way to play with both Hendo, and Mount, where you don't get completely dominated in possession. Or play Foden in midfield. There is plenty of available solutions for England to try to tackle this problem. Also why is Oxlade-Chamberlain never called up? I genuinely don't understand.

Edited by Eutyphro

TheSantader25

They definitely have a chance. But either Southgate has to change his tactics or they need a new coach. You need some balls for winning big trophies like CL or WC. Southgate is too conservative.

I know he may have calmed down the rivalry and made a more peaceful squad. But you need more than that. Spain won 3 major trophies in some of the most heated period of El Clasicos. It was literally like a fight club in those years in El Clasicos and Jose made it even worse. But when the players got to the national team they were all focused on winning another trophy. As if club rivalries were non existent.

That's winning mentality. Something England desperately need. When you have that + actual proper tactics, rivalries don't matter no more. Everyone wants that trophy and will give everything for it 

Edited by TheSantader25

England definitely has the players to get a WC trophy. I agree that the mental aspect can make it or break it. 

Halal Cyborg

Gylfi Sigurdsson has apparently been arrested over “child sex offences”

not been officially named by Everton but social media has named him.

Halal Cyborg
On 7/16/2021 at 12:31 PM, Eutyphro said:

I would not be surprised if they won next wc actually. The fact that a player like Sancho is benched in that squad says much about how good it is. Against Italy they were outclassed in possession though, so hopefully Hendo gets fit, and they can improve that aspect a bit. There should be a way to play with both Hendo, and Mount, where you don't get completely dominated in possession. Or play Foden in midfield. There is plenty of available solutions for England to try to tackle this problem. Also why is Oxlade-Chamberlain never called up? I genuinely don't understand.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:22 AM, Halal Cyborg said:

Gylfi Sigurdsson has apparently been arrested over “child sex offences”

not been officially named by Everton but social media has named him.

It has been confirmed today by an Icelandic paper, which does not follow UK reporting laws for obvious reasons, that it's Sigurdsson.

Eutyphro
On 7/20/2021 at 12:33 PM, Halal Cyborg said:

Which is a video from an Arsenal channel after Ox made the transfer it seems, a 4 year old video. We've all seen him do great things at Pool since then, so there's no point to that vid really.

Halal Cyborg
On 7/20/2021 at 4:49 PM, Eutyphro said:

Which is a video from an Arsenal channel after Ox made the transfer it seems, a 4 year old video. We've all seen him do great things at Pool since then, so there's no point to that vid really.

I thought he was at his best at Arsenal personally way before that transfer

On 7/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, Jason said:

It has been confirmed today by an Icelandic paper, which does not follow UK reporting laws for obvious reasons, that it's Sigurdsson.

Feel sorry for his wife & kids

DustyDude
On 7/20/2021 at 11:49 AM, Eutyphro said:

This looks so boring and I know it is the highlights. I don't have a clue what I watched,who the athletes are or what they are doing - but I know exactly what I watched! The same diverse emotions can be heard from football fans (y'all call it American Football).

I'm not going to get excited until it's signed, sealed and delivered but if United get Varane and Sancho in the same window then it's by far away the best business we've done in one window since Fergie retired, and it trumps most of his windows too.

If we can get a good CDM in as well it'll be a perfect window, especially if we can move on some dead wood.

Pressure's on Ole now to turn that final loss and 2nd place in the league into trophies, he's building a great squad.

Eutyphro

If Inter goes to sh*t you might as well get Brozovic so you have an actual quality CDM.

Edited by Eutyphro

TheSantader25

We have players of all kinds if anyone's interested. Pjanic, two sh*tty french CBs and Coutinho. Should have gotten rid of Dembele as well but he got injured and we can't do it now. We need to get these out of the club but it's almost impossible. After doing so we need a CM and a decent CB. Which is again, almost impossible. Absolute mess. But I want Griezmann to stay. He contributed a lot in the second half of last season and definitely found himself.

Edited by TheSantader25

Eutyphro

Griezmann is amazing, but him and Messi doesn't really work and imo never will. Barca would literally be better off with someone like Martial, who I do not consider nearly as good as Griezmann, but would complement Messi a lot more. 

I also don't think Depay is good enough for Barca. I wish I'd have better hopes for Barca, but I don't.

They indeed should get rid of Dembele who sucks and has a sh*t attitude. But other teams also don't want him due to this. I think Dembele needs a coach like Mou or Conte who can put him in his place.

Edited by Eutyphro

On 7/26/2021 at 4:22 PM, Eutyphro said:

If Inter goes to sh*t you might as well get Brozovic so you have an actual quality CDM.

Wouldn't be against it my self, but I feel like Inter would try and fleece us.

I think our top target is Rice but he seems unobtainable for anything less than crazy money, but there's some rumours saying we're looking at Nevez who is supposedly available for around £35m.

TheSantader25
On 7/26/2021 at 9:44 PM, Eutyphro said:

Griezmann is amazing, but him and Messi doesn't really work and imo never will. Barca would literally be better off with someone like Martial, who I do not consider nearly as good as Griezmann, but would complement Messi a lot more. 

I also don't think Depay is good enough for Barca. I wish I'd have better hopes for Barca, but I don't.

They indeed should get rid of Dembele who sucks and has a sh*t attitude. But other teams also don't want him due to this. I think Dembele needs a coach like Mou or Conte who can put him in his place.

Martial is absolute dogsh*t. I've never seen anything from him no matter how many times I've watched United. I'm sure Griezmann will never unleash his full potential at Barca. But even half his potential like he showed last season is better than all the other forwards we have. So we have to keep him. Plus his defensive work rate is amazing.

Yes I also don't think Depay is Barca level. But we had to pick up someone for that left wing after Fati's injury and we had no choice but free agent Depay. At least I have hope for our midfield with Pedri and De Jong. Both young and amazing. But we really need an experienced solid CB and I'm afraid there's no one for us at the market at the moment.

Eutyphro
On 7/26/2021 at 8:14 PM, TheSantader25 said:

Martial is absolute dogsh*t. I've never seen anything from him no matter how many times I've watched United.

I actually completele agree lol. But eventhough he's dogsh*t, he has loads of potential. To me it really seems like a mentality issue with him. The point is, a right footed pacey striker is going to pair better with Messi than another left footed second striker who ideally runs in the same lines as Messi does. Griezmann on the left wing is a shocking waste of such a talent.

But we really need an experienced solid CB

Araujo and Eric Garcia are not that terrible I think, but young and inexperienced I guess.

I'm actually really curious what Koeman will play like this season. What I think Barca would really need is a target man who is also good on the ball like Lautaro. If they could get such a type it would do them way more favours than having Griezmann.

Edited by Eutyphro
  • Like 1

TheSantader25
On 7/26/2021 at 11:05 PM, Eutyphro said:

I'm actually really curious what Koeman will play like this season. What I think Barca would really need is a target man who is also good on the ball like Lautaro. If they could get such a type it would do them way more favours than having Griezmann.

Aguerooooo😂

Eutyphro

I hope it works out, but my common sense tells me Messi + Aguero + Depay is a lack of physicality and pace, but we'll see! I also think Aguero is more of a poacher than a target man, and I don't think Aguero and Messi have been very successful as a combination at Argentina.

• Like 1

Martial is the French Balotelli, without being a nutcase that is of course.

All the talent in the world, he's rapid, one of the best dribblers around, great finisher... but a god awful mentality which poisons many areas of his game including (and in particular) his movement, which is absolutely sh*te when he's not in great form. And when I say sh*te I mean it doesn't exist, he does not make runs, he doesn't gamble, he doesn't do anything at all.

I'd be all for cashing in on him if possible if someone came in with a decent offer and I doubt most United fans would be against it either.

Eutyphro

Barca and United can trade Dembele for Martial. You get an underperforming talented right winger for an underperforming talented striker. Both clubs would benefit, and get a player on the position they were lacking lol. Though I think Dembele has a worse mentality and is a bigger sh*t than Martial, so I think United would be worse off from this deal.

Would take it tbh. Martial is useless up front and is much better on the wing, but is miles away from Rashford, and he can't play on the right, so I'd take a straight swap for a winger who can play on either wing lol.

I'd genuinely rather see Dan James start over him every day of the week, cus while James doesn't offer a lot of quality he at least works hard on and off the ball.

Jezus Holy Christ
On 7/27/2021 at 12:41 AM, Eutyphro said:

Barca and United can trade Dembele for Martial. You get an underperforming talented right winger for an underperforming talented striker. Both clubs would benefit, and get a player on the position they were lacking lol. Though I think Dembele has a worse mentality and is a bigger sh*t than Martial, so I think United would be worse off from this deal.

Dembele is such a 2013-2019 United signing and Martial fits right in with the other unbelievably random transfers Barca have pulled lately. I can already imagine Dembele undoing some of the progress in Manchester and Martial helping further drive Barca into sh*t (and Messi to insanity).

Edited by Jezus Holy Christ
  • KEKW 1

And we just need to get Haaland to Chelsea so that this transfer window can end because honestly, the rumors are getting stale now.

cactus.
On 7/27/2021 at 2:21 PM, Jason said:

That backline is looking amazing  Shaw - Maguire - Varane - AWB. Wan-Bissaka plays right back, right? Just guessing that how they could line up. United look the part for a real title challenge this season. 

bananaking13
On 4/3/2017 at 6:40 PM, bananaking13 said:

Dortmund keep stealing our targets, also should I pretend there's a chance we sign Lacazette or no?

Also I found this on twitter

C8GvPnNXwAMOcAu.jpg

I'm just glad we didn't get Lacazette

I've got to say I love going through the 2010 age posts on this thread and now going through my old posts here is funny.

Edited by bananaking13