• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eutyphro

• Jason

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GG England. I'm incredibly happy for Italy's win. Being an Italy supporter for 40 years now (started when I was 9y old in the 1982 WC) and finally I could celebrate a EURO win.   W

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

RenegadeAngel

Football's coming home! It's coooming home! It's cooom... ho... ZZZ

FortifiedGooner86

That performance last night is why I don't think we'll win the Euros.

Don't get me wrong, we've got a brilliant young squad with massive amounts of potential but unfortunately, we've got a very mediocre manager in charge of them. I mean, that conservative/defensive side to side football is just diabolical. It's ugly to watch.

If we play like that against a France, Italy or Portugal then we'll get absolutely spanked. There's no doubt about it. 

• Like 1

TheSantader25

Semedo in right back equals conceding left and right in big games. Trust me we've experienced it first hand. Also Gosens is quality. Any team who gets him is gonna score big. Interesting group as expected.

Edited by TheSantader25

I think Germany was underrated before the tournament. I expected them to be good. They were actually quite good against France, but not lucky. And with Gosens and Kimmich, they have great wingbacks.

Well Spain has certainly fallen from grace... good lord.

that Germany - Portugal game tho 

RenegadeAngel

Mankind's greatest mysteries:

1) Who killed JFK?

2) How's Morata still playing for top clubs as well as Spain's national?

Lonely-Martin

Had a feeling we'd have covid issues once Billy Gilmore of Scotland came back positive. Mount and Chillwell out, could get worse.

And seems City have started the bidding for Kane. Think we're set to reject their initial 100m, but we'll soon see...

TheSantader25

Love the way Italy and Netherlands play so far. Hope at least one of them can reach the final against all odds. Frenkie has been amazing.

Edited by TheSantader25

Lonely-Martin

Can't see France/Germany/Portugal too worried about us, but here's hoping we did just do all that was needed in the group and saved our best to come. 

Whoever we get next week should be a pretty tasty game with some 45k fans in the stadium apparently too, I'm really looking forward to it. 

I might look like a numpty next week, but I reckon they'd be pretty cautious of us to be honest.

We've not conceded all tournament and our best CB is back fit and capable of a full 90. France/Germany/Portugal may have to open them selves up to get past us, which no team has done yet, and that will make life much easier for our forwards and our counter attacking ability.

Interntional football tournaments, typically, are won by pragmatic teams and performances. There's no time to really coach a team to play open attractive football that's solid defensively, the only time it really happens is when the players practically coach it them selves, like the great Spain team that whose spine were the central pillars for Barca's tiki-taka. So people might be pointing to England's scoring record so far and being unimpressed and not thinking we're good enough, but clean sheets are the key to winning.

As Fergie once said, strikers will win you games but defenders will win you trophies.

But yeah, Portugal were awful in the group fase in 2016, then had a bunch of narrow wins in the knockouts, and then won. So to say England has no chance, because they have not yet been convincing, is premature. England has the individual quality in the squad to beat anyone.

TheSantader25

Lahoz is the representative of all Spanish refs. They think they are celebrities instead of referees. They want all the attention to themselves. 3 sh*tty penalties. I can't wait for Lahoz to retire. At least it seems like they finally have fixed the crappy offsides.

Fun two games to watch though. Absolute madness.

Edited by TheSantader25

England - Germany.. Nice! lol Couldn't be happier with Netherlands fixture and potential future fixtures. If we don't make the semi final from this position it would be failure.

Lonely-Martin

Oooh, Germany it is. Now we'll see what we're made of. Bring it on!

Death, taxes and England vs Germany I tell ya.

On paper we can beat anyone, on the pitch it really depends what mentality the team turns up with, our shape and formation is fine really.

What a last Group Stage day that was.

Hungary was suprisingly good. Although finishing last as it was expected before the tournament kicked off, they really did well against Portugal, France and Germany - and nearly could've qualified for the round of 16 if it weren't for the Germans equalizer at the very end of the game. Hungarian supporters can be proud of their national team.

So... UEFA have officially killed the away goals rule.

My prediction is the numpties that have convinced UEFA this is somehow a better solution are about to look like idiots. Home advantage is absolutely massive again, second legs will likely be way more defensive from away teams as well.

TheSantader25

Yeah football is getting worse every year the way we're heading. I hope at some point the downhill stops. I think now games are way more tactical and closed in comparison to the past and sometimes it really gets boring. This rule is only gonna contribute more to that. Also no more drama like the City-Spurs game or the Spurs-Ajax game in 2019. 

This also means countless numbers of extra time and f*cking up the players even more. As if they aren't already f*cked enough by the schedule.

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 1

I've seen people celebrating the rule is gone, but I don't think people realise that the rule wasn't added willy nilly, it was to solve a problem.

Next season if the away leg is 1st there is absolutely no reason to go for it as you have nothing to gain. This will likely lead to defensive performances (and thus less entertaining games) in the 1st leg, with the roles flipped in the second leg.

On another note, I love Grealish. There's not many attackers I like to watch more. Had to have said it. Mount is great, but Grealish is better to watch. Grealish is great and could fit at any team, even Barca or Madrid.

TheSantader25

De ligt has proved time and time again that he's not reliable on big occasions. He's still young though. It was pretty obvious that it was gonna be tough for them without Van Dijk and De Boer as coach. England and Germany have such a good path to the final now. Everyone is on the other side lol.

Yeah we f*cked it up big time there, with the red. Kind of unlucky I guess. But also de Roon and Depay were horrific, and Wijnaldum also had a bad game. We had a perfect path to the semis, and screwed it up big time.

Edited by Eutyphro

Welp, RIP us. 

TheSantader25

Lol Lenglet in defense means instant goal for the opposition. Deschamps hasn't watched enough Barca games.

Mirror Park Resident
On 6/24/2021 at 3:32 PM, Jason said:

So... UEFA have officially killed the away goals rule.

My prediction is the numpties that have convinced UEFA this is somehow a better solution are about to look like idiots. Home advantage is absolutely massive again, second legs will likely be way more defensive from away teams as well.

They should've killed it ONLY in extra time. That was a cheap advantage for away teams in the 2nd leg, IMHO.

Lonely-Martin

Great day of footie today, and along with the surprise of Holland going out yesterday, now France too. 14 goals from today's 2 games too. Nice!

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Autospell fail.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:20 PM, Mirror Park Resident said:

They should've killed it ONLY in extra time. That was a cheap advantage for away teams in the 2nd leg, IMHO.

Yep, that's exactly what I thought too.

Anywho.... mad pressure on England now really. Our route to the final, after Germany, is relatively straight forward on paper. Won't get a better chance to win it in a long time I feel.

Only gotta beat the German's first. God help me tomorrow....

RenegadeAngel

How symbolic of Mbappe being the one to mess it up in the end. Too much empty talking from this guy lately.

It's time for Italy to reclaim the football glory. Now or never.

Edited by RenegadeAngel

Lonely-Martin
On 6/28/2021 at 10:57 PM, Jason said:

Yep, that's exactly what I thought too.

Anywho.... mad pressure on England now really. Our route to the final, after Germany, is relatively straight forward on paper. Won't get a better chance to win it in a long time I feel.

Only gotta beat the German's first. God help me tomorrow....

Lol, we said similar things at the last world cup and then came up against Croatia. Hopefully that was a lesson well learned. 

But yeah, good ol' Germany first. Always fun! 🤣

On 6/28/2021 at 9:17 PM, TheSantader25 said:

Lol Lenglet in defense means instant goal for the opposition. Deschamps hasn't watched enough Barca games.

Imagine playing with Lenglet, when you could've played with Laporte, but you never gave Laporte chances, so he went for Spain..

• Like 2