• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

So much for the European Super League. Literally failing at what it's named at.

The next step is going to be for teams from China, the USA, Qatar, Saudi-Arabia, etcetera, to join. That's what it will be like I think. It's horrific.

TheSantader25

Agnelli and Perez are pieces of trash. The English clubs are run by americans. The two Milan clubs are now owned by Asian companies if I'm not mistaken. It's not a surprise that they want to do this. They know nothing about football. 

But us? How are we going through with this? We're supposed to be more than a club. We're supposed to be run by the fans. How are we agreeing to join a competition which has the president of our biggest c*nt of a rival as Chairman of the competition? This is an insult. I personally think this is bluff to get more revenue and privelege from UEFA. But it could go all the way. If it does. That's me done with football and this team. 

I've always said even if Barca drop to the 2nd division I'll still support them. Because of what the club stands for. If that philosophy is gone, then I'm gone too. Who wants to see Bayern vs Madrid 4 times a season? (Bayern still might join btw). The pandemic could have potentially made this decision even easier for the money grabbing thieves seeing how they all are in big debts.

Next couple of months leading to WC 2022 will be chaotic. I think we've officially entered the "World War of Football".

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 3

I'm sure I've never seen as much of a backlash from the entire footballing world before. Surely, the clubs are looking at their fans revolting over this and giving it a second thought.

At this point, I'd give it a 50% chance for the clubs involved to reach some kind of agreement with UEFA and scrap this Super League bs. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Girish said:

At this point, I'd give it a 50% chance for the clubs involved to reach some kind of agreement with UEFA and scrap this Super League bs. Fingers crossed.

If only I'd feel it was 50% chance, but no, I feel a quite strong certainty that investment funds are going to run our precious sport to sh*t, and only fans might stop it, but probably not even them. Because if this set up causes tens of millions of fans more to watch games internationally, then ticket holders are not going to be able to compete. It's not a coincidence this move is being made during a time when the stadiums are empty, and revenue has to be found elsewhere.

About damn time!

I know this other story is dominant, but I'm chuffed the bozo has gone. Great news.

26 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

About damn time!

I know this other story is dominant, but I'm chuffed the bozo has gone. Great news.

Sucks for the rest of us... the only plus of the super league would have been watching Spurs getting whacked every week. 😛

• KEKW 2

I'm assuming Mourinho said f*ck off to the ESL, otherwise it's pretty odd timing with a cup final at the weekend.

If he did stand his ground fair play to him. I'll be glad when all this becomes clearer because my head is in a spin with all this garbage right now.

TheSantader25

It's only the fans, the managers and the players that now can save this sport. I doubt FIFA and UEFA can do anything.

RenegadeAngel

Out of all the players and managers of those 15 teams, someone's got to be stubborn, brave and noble enough to rebel against this. I find it hard to believe they're all okay with it. Will we see heroes willing to risk their careers and juicy contracts for the well-being of football? I hope so! 

Quick question, what managers are about right now that Spurs could try pulling in?

If we're looking at a temporary one til the end of the season, I'd not object to Harry Redknapp coming back, he's said a few times he would too. He could definitely lift the team spirits again.

Rafa Benitez has proven capable on both a budget (Newcastle) and Europe (Liverpool), could be interesting and one I'd give time to try if he'd be interested.

Beyond that, I think a couple of the German teams managers have been mentioned (though forget their names. (Could be wrong but Bayern's or Liepzig's managers IIRC?)

26 minutes ago, Girish said:

Sucks for the rest of us... the only plus of the super league would have been watching Spurs getting whacked every week. 😛

Lol, bless ya.

But all this bitching about there being no/less competition with this new proposal, surely it'd be a good thing to know teams are more competitive as that's one of the big worries.

Hopefully the mighty Spurs can start improving and make it more competitive, if indeed it does all happen.

18 minutes ago, Laker23 said:

I'm assuming Mourinho said f*ck off to the ESL, otherwise it's pretty odd timing with a cup final at the weekend.

If he did stand his ground fair play to him. I'll be glad when all this becomes clearer because my head is in a spin with all this garbage right now.

His sacking was on the cards since the Europa spanking. As Jason mentioned the other day, we were just waiting until it was cheaper. And now we look set for a windfall with this new thing, we can lose that payoff and be done with him.

Quite glad he's gone before the cup as A, it could have meant more payouts if he won it, or B, he'd be touting it as some sort of success if we won and his reign here can now only be seen as the failure it truly is.

RenegadeAngel
9 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Quick question, what managers are about right now that Spurs could try pulling in?

If we're looking at a temporary one til the end of the season, I'd not object to Harry Redknapp coming back, he's said a few times he would too. He could definitely lift the team spirits again.

Rafa Benitez has proven capable on both a budget (Newcastle) and Europe (Liverpool), could be interesting and one I'd give time to try if he'd be interested.

Beyond that, I think a couple of the German teams managers have been mentioned (though forget their names. (Could be wrong but Bayern's or Liepzig's managers IIRC?)

Allegri has been sitting without work for quite some time. He's always on the shortlist of top-tier clubs when their manager needs to be sacked:kekw:

2 minutes ago, RenegadeAngel said:

Allegri has been sitting without work for quite some time. He's always on the shortlist of top-tier clubs when their manager needs to be sacked:kekw:

Not thought of him TBH. But I'll take that 'top tier' comment. 🤣🍻

Hope I find out soon whether I can just bin off football. Either that or pick a new team.

Was kinda hoping Leeds and Liverpool would take a stand and just refuse to play tonight, especially with Klopp's past comments, but I guess that's highly unlikely.

Laker and Santander, you guys are free to drop your teams and come and support Ajax.;) I mean, now that the big teams are leaving CL, we might win it hahah

Edited by Eutyphro
  • Like 2

I’m utterly shocked that my team 🦅 are not invited to join this!

25 minutes ago, Eutyphro said:

Laker and Santander, you guys are free to drop your teams and come and support Ajax.;) I mean, now that the big teams are leaving CL, we might win it hahah

Bayern are better than all of those teams...I’m English too 😂 

Edited by Halal Cyborg

I really never thought I would live to witness the biggest event in football history.

4 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

Out of all the players and managers of those 15 teams, someone's got to be stubborn, brave and noble enough to rebel against this. I find it hard to believe they're all okay with it. Will we see heroes willing to risk their careers and juicy contracts for the well-being of football? I hope so! 

That's it. This situation will be a great filter for me to identify which player and which manager that genuinely have football passion.

• Like 1
TheSantader25
1 hour ago, Eutyphro said:

Well I've always loved Ajax. They have always been my second favorite after Barca.

30 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

Yeah. Odd timing so close to the cup final, but I've no complaints overall as I'd lost patience.

But alas, as to the rumours this was regarding the new league thing, I don't tend to buy into the internet's hoopla on much, lol. Maybe it was, maybe not. Either way he's gone and the internet is gonna internet. :)

I think it is bullsh*t, but I think people have sympathy for Mou cause he's an entertaining pundit, so they make sh*t up. Mou was fired because he has a negative approach to football which doesn't work anymore, except maybe if you tried at Atleti, Inter, or some other Italian team. Jose can't lose a game with class, so whenever his team hits a rough patch he parks a gigantic buss. In modern football this often causes more losses and draws. It's a shame because he had them playing decent football at the start of the season.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

I thought any unemployed managers always be rumored to replace any underperformed managers.

19 hours ago, Girish said:

Surely, the clubs are looking at their fans revolting over this and giving it a second thought.

They don't give a sh*t. It's all about the money. And their investment money, sponsorship, broadcasting rights brings more than the fans. These f*cks have done the math, or so they thought.

This is a travesty. An absolute travesty. I do hope UEFA and the FAs follow through on their words, and summarily exclude these teams from the leagues. This powergrab is a blatant attack on the merits of the sport. f*ck these clubs, every single one of them. Greedy pig owners.

• Like 1
TheSantader25

The pig has spoken.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/super-league-president-perez-interview-23944156.amp

You know what? Maybe I wouldn't have problems with this if the 12 teams could get relegated. It's clear something needed to change and teams are in a bad way. But the fact that they cannot get relegated and consider themselves "elite" is so insulting to the rest of the football. It's disgusting.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

The pig has spoken.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/super-league-president-perez-interview-23944156.amp

You know what? Maybe I wouldn't have problems with this if the 12 teams could get relegated. It's clear something needed to change and teams are in a bad way. But the fact that they cannot get relegated and consider themselves "elite" is so insulting to the rest of the football. It's disgusting.

But can’t teams win promotion to it? I guess it depends how this would occur if so...if its based on financial reports and merchandise sales then its even more of a joke...If its based on those factors alone then barring PSG, Bayern and dortmund I guess the right clubs are in there.

As Neville said the biggest clubs change with time but Milan have less money than my team Palace and barring this season have been a Europa league team...

I don’t get how 3 countries can make up the Super League either.

• Like 1
TheSantader25
4 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

But can’t teams win promotion to it? I guess it depends how this would occur if so...if its based on financial reports and merchandise sales then its even more of a joke...If its based on those factors alone then barring PSG, Bayern and dortmund I guess the right clubs are in there.

As Neville said the biggest clubs change with time but Milan have less money than my team Palace and barring this season have been a Europa league team...

I don’t get how 3 countries can make up the Super League either.

Yes they can. But their promotion wouldn't be permanent like the founding clubs. If Arsenal play like sh*t and end up last in the super league they'll still be in there the next year. But if a promoted team like Napoli let's say performs poorly they won't be in it next year. This is unfair advantage to the founding clubs and will enlarge the financial gap in football.

• Like 2
Just now, TheSantader25 said:

Yes they can. But their promotion wouldn't be permanent like the founding clubs. If Arsenal play like sh*t and end up last in the super league they'll still be in there the next year. But if a promoted team like Napoli let's say performs poorly they won't be in it next year. This is unfair advantage to the founding clubs and will enlarge the financial gap in football.

Truly bizarre...And Arsenal would get twonked by Napoli too!

• Like 1

Wrong, there's no promotion to it. This thing wasn't meant to replace the national leagues; it was meant to replace the Champions League with something that guaranteed European football and money to these clubs.

Hence why the founding members would never be out of it; they would have an evergreen revenue source. Other teams would be able to qualify for the remaining 6 spots or so. No-one knows how. Maybe winning the Champions League or having some obscure coeficients.

Bottomline; this is an elitist league by teams that have been getting f*cked in the Champions League and do not appreciate having to split the money with the rabble. They wanted UEFA to change the Champions League format to allow them near certain qualification every year with more revenue. UEFA made a proposal for the changes. These teams didn't like it, so they're making their own Champions League. 

And these scummy, spineless f*cks didn't even talk to their team, manager etc about this change. Literally just dumped it on them. Disgusting behavior. I hope some of the top managers resign from these clubs, because this is just pathetic.

• Like 2
FortifiedGooner86

I'm still fuming about this.

Firstly, what the f*ck are UEFA doing? Apparently, they've known about this little scheme for months and decided not to take any real action against it until, well, obviously now. I mean, the evidence is clearly there. Florentino Perez has been planning this mess for months on end and Josep Bartomeu, the ex Barcelona president, literally dropped a bomb about it last winter. P*ss poor management/preparation by UEFA. 

Secondly, it's not fair to the other clubs. I mean, no disrespect to anybody who supports any of these teams but why are Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Juventus and Tottenham going? Alright, they have status, merit and a few good players but so what? All four clubs have been massively underperforming this season and they "realistically" shouldn't be going into this tournament. Heck, what about the other big British/European heavyweights like Ajax, Celtic, Napoli, Rangers and Roma? All these top traditional clubs are getting neglected and left out due to favouritism and greed. It's not right.

Lastly, the format of this competition is sh*t. No relegation zone and repetitive fixtures between Man City vs Real Madrid every month is just the final nail in the coffin for me. What a joke!

/rant

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, FortifiedGooner86 said:

Firstly, what the f*ck are UEFA doing? Apparently, they've known about this little scheme for months and decided not to take any real action against it until, well, obviously now. I mean, the evidence is clearly there.

AFAIK UEFA have been negotiating with these clubs for a long time, trying to iron out details of changes for the Champions League.

In fact, last week Manchester United's Ed Woodward had told UEFA's president that he was happy with the suggested changes and was looking forward to sitting down with the president to talk about the financial fair play side of things.

“If I start with Ed Woodward, he called me last Thursday evening saying he’s very satisfied with and fully supports the reforms and the only thing he want to talk about was FFP [Financial Fair Play], when obviously he had already signed something else.

“Andrea Agnelli [Juventus chairman] is the biggest disappointment of all, I’ve never seen a person that would lie so many times, so persistently as he did. It’s unbelievable. We didn’t know we had snakes so close to us. Now we know.”

So this was even worse than at first glance; these treacherous snakes were negotiating with UEFA and giving them all the signs they were happy, while scheming amongst themselves to attempt this coup. Snakes of the highest caliber.

• Like 2

Reports breaking now that Chelsea and City, who were supposedly not overly keen but joined out of fear of missing out are now pulling out. Barca's board are also saying they won't enter the ESL without what I believe (not sure on Barca's structure) a fan vote, being a fan owned club - a vote which will obviously not go in favour of the ESL.

And that's that. All that's been accomplished is owners have shown their true colours and alienated them selves from fans more than they ever have. United fans have even more reason to hate the Glazer's and the Liverpool owners have turned their entire fanbase on them for how they've handled it.

Edit: A. Madrid now reportedly pulling out too. It's deado.

• Like 1