• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

Lonely-Martin
Just now, Jason said:

This is why he doubles down even more. It's the exact reason we become known for basically playing six at the back, the clips of players like Rashford and Martial pretty much playing wing back because they we defended so deep. 

He is an incredibly frustrating manager these days due to his methods, and it's why once the meltdown comes it inevitably ends in his sacking because he loses the dressing room and can't recover it.

Tis why I hope Levy hasn't gone in blind on this, lol. Really hoping our chairman has it in him to pull any triggers early enough that it doesn't hurt the team too much unlike with Poch at the end and let it all go so sour that good players can't wait to get out of Spurs. Only time will tell on that though.

But we'll see where it all goes. It's such an exciting league this season and a couple of strong wins with others dropping a couple points can change things so much. I'd sooner be in form later in a season like this, just need to make sure we are still in with a shout come then. 

TheSantader25

Griezmann has to be the first player ever that has a higher chance of missing a penalty than scoring it. I think he has missed like 5 out of the past 6 penalties he has taken for Barca AND France. Ter Stegen saved our ass against the ref. Yeah f*ck the ref. f*ck the whole lot of them. Game should have been done before the 90th minute. 

Edited by TheSantader25
Girish

Wow, what a scrappy 1-0 win against a 10-man Fulham. This win was more important for Lampard than Chelsea because there's no way we're getting top 4 with these kind of dire performances. Gotta aim for that Europa League now.

Also, wtf Werner? His whole career at Leipzig is starting to look like a fluke. But I gotta place some blame on Lampard for playing him out of position long enough to have his confidence shot. It's all about his mentality now and if he can get out of the rut.

Jason

If your game is movement and pace then you need to have exceptional movement and/or exceptional work rate to be a success in the Premier League. Vardy's probably the best example and he easily could've played for a top side in recent years if he really wanted.

Werner from what I've seen has exceptional pace but... not much more. Chelsea look a lot better than Tammy or Giroud are starting for me, and you also have better wingers as well so I wouldn't put him out wide either. We've seen a lot of players struggle in their first season and this has been a difficult season cause of the pandemic but so far not so good for Werner - and Havertz.

Thiago Silva has been your best signing by a mile IMO.

Girish

We are not moving the ball quick enough though even after having a long spell of possession and sometimes, the players just look devoid of any ideas. Most of the times, it's just cross the ball and hope someone gets on to the end of it. What's worrying is I'm yet to see any change in tactics by Lampard when we're struggling to get through tighter defenses; it's just more of the same always even after the substitutions. Lamps will probably learn over time but I don't think we are a club that can afford to be a mid-table side for 2-3 years before everything starts coming together. Not sure how much patience Roman's gonna show but there were talks of bringing in Avram Grant to the backroom staff to help out FL, so at least they are trying?

Werner's strength is his pace and finishing and he's completely lost the latter. Now he just looks like a headless chicken running around in the final third. But again, I think it's a matter of mentality and only he can get himself out of it. As for Havertz, I can't recall one match-winning performance from him... he just looks... pedestrian at the moment. There's no way he starts ahead of Ziyech, Pulisic or CHO and for the money we spent on him, that's concerning. And that's the second problem - it's almost as if Lamps is forced to put these players on the field just because we have spent so much on them but it's players like Mount and CHO who are outperforming them right now.

I'm actually dreading facing Leicester in mid-week and this win has given me no hope either.

TheSantader25

Very important game tonight. Probably the most anticipated Liverpool - United game in a long time. 

Yeah so it's probably gonna end up being a 0-0 draw. 

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Eutyphro
7 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Very important game tonight. Probably the most anticipated Liverpool - United game in a long time. 

Quoted for accuracy.

• Like 1
RenegadeAngel
7 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Dude, nice.

Great result for everyone, except for Liverpool and United. 6 teams clash for the title with half the season already behind! A breath of fresh air after a bunch of City/Liverpool heavy domination seasons.

• Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1
TheSantader25
10 minutes ago, Eutyphro said:

Quoted for accuracy.

If only I had used the same prediction in the other thread...

I usually have a hard time predicting draws because it's so f*cking boring so I always end up predicting something else against my better judgement. United could have won though. they had a couple of good chances.

Laker23

Fantastic defensive display, Shaw was immense and Lindelof looked great coming back into the side. Cavani's introduction really helped us in the final third. All in all a fair result and one I would have taken before the game.

City will win the league comfortably.

Jason

Good defensive performance, question marks over Martial again, don't think we should be starting him in the big games with Cavani back now.

I said to a friend I'd take a point a week before the match and I'm happy with it now. It's opened up a route for City to go top but there's a long way to go yet and us staying in contention is the most important thing for our continued progress.

Lonely-Martin

Cute goal from Ndombele today indeed.

Would say it's nice to still be in the mix, well it is, but with Liverpool up next after the cup for us, oof. They'll surely start scoring soon, lol. Though if we can dent their chances further, I'll be delighted. Doubt it though. 🤣

Jason

I am honestly a massive fan of Brendan Rodgers, the job he's done at Leicester since joining has been seriously under appreciated. If Roman's looking for a new manager after tonight, the one across from Frank pitchside today is by far away the best option around right now for me.

• Like 1
Eutyphro

I've missed the match up until now, but no wonder they're 2-0 behind, when they play with a midfield of Kova, Havertz and Mount. Way too attacking. It's pretty much suicide. Lampard has lost the plot. I think Tuchel is a good choice tbh.

TheSantader25

Brendan Rodgers is absolutely amazing. If Leicester's form doesn't fluctuate like last season by the end of the season they'll get top 4. 

Tuchel is another fraud. I honestly think Allegri is the better choice. 

Girish
21 minutes ago, Eutyphro said:

I've missed the match up until now, but no wonder they're 2-0 behind, when they play with a midfield of Kova, Havertz and Mount. Way too attacking. It's pretty much suicide. Lampard has lost the plot. I think Tuchel is a good choice tbh.

As much as I'm pissed off at this performance and the lack of improvement whatsoever since the Sevilla game, I'd still give Lamps till the end of the season to see if we can finish in the top half of the table with at least some degree of improvement. I don't think switching managers mid-season will help much unless we get into relegation territory.

Eutyphro

I say Tuchel, because he seems an attacking minded coach, and they have a squad full of attacking talent, plus they have two great German players. I think with that squad getting a coach that plays a defensive tactical approach doesn't make the most sense.

TheSantader25

True. But it still doesn't matter when that attacking coach has no idea what he's doing. I think Allegri has some serious flaws as well but Tuchel is just way too overrated in my honest opinion. Havertz in particular needs a tactician. He's one of those players that will flop massively if the coach doesn't know how to use him. Very similar to Muller. 

Edited by TheSantader25
Jason

Might be a hot take for some, but Luke Shaw is very quietly the best left back in the league at the moment for me. He isn't flashy and his quality in the final third is behind someone like Robertson but everywhere else he's quality.

Eutyphro

He really stepped up his game since Telles joined. I always thought he sucked, and found him one of United's weakest players, but I have to agree he's been very solid recently.

Jason

He's been dependable for us for a few years, when he's not injured that is, but he's definitely upped his level this season. Like I said, his final third quality isn't great but everywhere else he's been quality this season, he's become very good at keeping the ball, showing composure when under pressure, a great first touch, and very dependable and physically capable defensively. On one hand I don't want him to get an England call up cause of the injury risk, but there's no better English LB right now than him so he deserves it.

Eutyphro

I used to see him make bad decisions and lose possession constantly, but recently after Telles joined he has been very good. It makes sense to use him for England with Trent on the other side who is much more offensive minded, could be a good balance.

Jason

He's had an up and down career with us, he started really well way back under LVG, he was building an interesting partnership with Depay (remember he once played for United? lmao) but then the leg break happened and his career fell apart for basically 2-3 years. Mourinho never trusted him and publicly slated him in the press multiple times, which did wonders for his confidence. He's been getting better and better under Ole though.

Laker23

Cavani needs to be starting most games in the league, apart from the odd rest. Movement and workrate is unreal. I feel so confident when I see the team sheet with his name up top.

Feels nice to have genuine selection headaches, tbh.

Lonely-Martin

Mixed feelings on that Burnley win, lol. Partly chuffed Liverpool are tossing away points. But their next league game is against my Spurs, oof! 🤣

But seriously though, anyone but Liverpool please. Nice one Burnley!

TheSantader25

Liverpool this season are very similar to the 2017-18 era. They play good in top games but drop dumb points against low-table teams. Goes to show Van Dijk and Fabinho's role in that team and how important it is. 

Edited by TheSantader25
TheSantader25

De bruyne out. Aguero positive. Liverpool in the gutter. United have a chance in February to gain away. They have to take advantage. 

Girish

Poor Werner... has zero confidence right now. He needs to go back to the basics. Worst case scenario, if this rut continues till the end of the season, it might be more in his interest than Chelsea's to just go back to Germany to save his career. But this was really poor, no way he starts.

I really don't know how established strikers come to Chelsea and turn into absolute duds (barring Drogba, Costa and maybe Anelka).

Lonely-Martin

Can't lie, I did rather enjoy that Southampton win. :D

2 hours ago, Girish said:

Poor Werner... has zero confidence right now. He needs to go back to the basics.

All due respect, but a penalty against a pretty poor team from a league lower is pretty basic. There was no pressure there at all, weird.