• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

Ole once again pulls out a result when on the verge of, seemingly, getting sacked. The circle begins anew.

Also, the Patrick Bamford offside call today is quite possibly the worst offside call I have ever seen in my entire life of watching football.

TheSantader25

Griezmann couldn't finish if his life depended on it. 4th straight penalty missed by him + so many sitters. How's that related to his position? We're actually a good side but we miss so many chances this season. Dembele is stepping up though. Once Coutinho is back we have to play with Ansu, Coutinho, Dembele and Messi and start thinking of selling Griezmann I guess. But who would be dumb enough with these wages? 

Edited by TheSantader25
TheSantader25

So many injuries across all Europe. Serious ones. The schedule is f*cked and all they care about is their pockets. No concerns for the players. This season is ridiculous. They should cancel unnecessary cups and unnecessary international games. Then we have PL who don't even allow 5 subs. Disgusting. 

3 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Then we have PL who don't even allow 5 subs. Disgusting. 

If you didn't know, all PL clubs have an equal vote and for something like 5 subs to pass they need (I believe) 14 of the 20 votes. It didn't pass, because the bottom half teams were all concerned of the "advantage" it would give to the top teams.

It's a big reason why Jamie Carragher quite rightly called out the hypocrisy when the Premier League Big Picture proposals went up, which while not perfect by any means, accused Liverpool and United of only looking after them selves and not the betterment of the league - even though the same clubs voted against stuff like 5 subs because they didn't think it suited them.

I hope sense prevails and the 5 subs are brought back. I also really would like to see a rule implemented that worked something like a 9 man bench where the 8th and 9th slot were occupied by u21 players, and the 2 extra subs could only be used for u21 players. Players in that age bracket getting gametime in the PL has been an issue for a long time, so it could be a good compromise IMO.

• Like 1

Chilwell injured. ffs, just when Chelsea's defense had started to look like it was coming together. International breaks really suck.

Eutyphro

This is only the start. The lack of summerbreak due to corona is going to wreak havoc, and obviously impacted most will be Premier League because they already have insane schedules. I expect more big names to start getting some serious injuries soon. The upside is that it will make the Prem more open, because most heavily hit will be the rich teams that have the toughest schedules.

• Like 1

Genuinely do not know why we're pursuing with a pointless "tournament" such as the Nations League. I know the Euro's are next year but the risk it adds is immense, everyone is either losing players to injury (likely due to fatigue) or contacting covid. It's daft.

• Like 3
RenegadeAngel

Yeah, with everything that's going on right now I expect some surprising outcomes at the end of the season. I want to believe that at least one league out of the top-5 will end up with a very unexpected champion.

TheSantader25

Amazing to see what can be achieved without Busquets. Spain displayed that. I really don't think Busquets can work in a double pivot. 4-3-3 is the only system that he can thrive in but I believe his time is coming to an end. Such an elegant DM in his prime though. He was one of a kind. I had never seen any DM play the game like that before Busquets. So I prefer a De Jong-Pjanic double pivot now.  Also did you guys notice how Germany went downhill since Hansi Flick left? Goes to show who the mastermind really was. 

Edited by TheSantader25

The sh*tty international break is over. yay!

Absolute must-win match against Newcastle today if we are to keep pace with the top of the table and our confidence up. Not gonna rule out a few surprise losses for the top half of the table given how this season has turned out so far.

TheSantader25

With the amount of injuries in City and Liverpool, I think Spurs and Chelsea can now actually challenge for the title. 

RenegadeAngel

Chelsea have been an absolute delight to watch this November. The results speak for themselves. All the best to Lampard's gang; Frank's building a beautiful team you can't help but admire!

• Like 1
TheSantader25

How much have City spent on defense again? Defense is one thing that actually can't be bought. Ederson is overrated as well. 

Eutyphro

I don't know man. They should've made 1-1 first half. They played alright for a while first half. The match could've gone different. KDB was let down by some other teammates. KDB was very good.

Second half they had to keep taking risks, and Tottenham is a dangerous team on the counter. The player that's overrated is Gabriel Jesus. Like I said, they should get Lautaro or something.

TheSantader25

The first rule of games like these is keeping it tight so you wouldn't concede the first goal. Cause if you do against teams like these you're pretty much done. Guardiola never seems to comprehend this. City's defense are reckless in their positioning when they are switching from attack to defense and get caught so easily. That's exactly what happens in their CL meltdowns as well.

They're lacking a killer goal scorer though and Jesus isn't that player. Ederson is way too reckless with his exits. In 3-4 occasions he came out for no reason and got what he deserved. 

Edit: yep. This season is f*cked. Injuries left and right. Such a sh*te season. I want it to end already tbh and it's just November. First 2 games were promising under Koeman but now, not so much. 

Edited by TheSantader25
Lonely-Martin

A good win tonight, wasn't expecting a clean sheet though, but happy days. Tough game against Chelsea next, our next few games will be quite telling but a good start today. 

One day someone will fix the heating at United so we don't blow freezing cold one game and then boiling hot the next.

WBA were very unlucky with some decisions, albeit I didn't think their pen was as clear cut as others do but the handball was ridiculously harsh. No Pogba in the squad at all, get the impression we'll be looking for a way out for him in Janurary, we should be absolutely working Donny into the team by now as his replacement but Ole's taking his sweet time with him for now. Also I have to say that Cavani might be past his best but he still looks sharp and full of quality, I reckon he'll work his way into the team for us sooner rather than later.

8 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Tough game against Chelsea next

Oh, very much looking forward to playing against Spurs now that our defense seems to have settled in. Feels like it's going to be a very evenly contested match although I'm gonna hope for a Chelsea win because seeing Spurs at the top of the table is not a pretty sight. 😛

Lonely-Martin
6 hours ago, Girish said:

Oh, very much looking forward to playing against Spurs now that our defense seems to have settled in. Feels like it's going to be a very evenly contested match although I'm gonna hope for a Chelsea win because seeing Spurs at the top of the table is not a pretty sight. 😛

Lol. It's certainly one of those games where having no fans present will be noticeable more. The rivalry of the clubs, Frank vs Jose too, plus both clubs on form in general and at the business end of the table, has the recipe for a great atmosphere. Such a shame, but I'm looking forward to it still.

#COYS. :)

Eutyphro

Barca has got to bench Griezmann. Man was he generally useless apart from one good header. Messi just doesn't play well with other left footed forwards/playmakers. Hence why Dyabala is always on the bench at Argentina. Barca transfer policy is so idiotic. Honestly Barca's best midfield and attack set up is this:

------Pjanic---De Jong----
---------Coutinho-----------
Dembele---Messi--Fati(Pedri when Fati is injured)

Also, keep Dembele away from playing on the left. He's just a runner to widen the play, that occasionaly scores as well. But yeah, benching a guy who makes over half a million per week is probably a difficult decision.

On another note, I just saw Man U highlights and that chance Martial missed wow.

Edited by Eutyphro
ArmenianAssasin77
30 minutes ago, Eutyphro said:

Barca has got to bench Griezmann. Man was he generally useless apart from one good header. Messi just doesn't play well with other left footed forwards/playmakers. Hence why Dyabala is always on the bench at Argentina. Barca transfer policy is so idiotic. Honestly Barca's best midfield and attack set up is this:

------Pjanic---De Jong----
---------Coutinho-----------
Dembele---Messi--Fati(Pedri when Fati is injured)

Also, keep Dembele away from playing on the left. He's just a runner to widen the play, that occasionaly scores as well. But yeah, benching a guy who makes over half a million per week is probably a difficult decision.

On another note, I just saw Man U highlights and that chance Martial missed wow.

Griezmann needs to leave, he needs more confidence i would recommend him to go to Inter.

TheSantader25

Players like Griezmann and Thomas Muller are system players. They are practically useless outside the right system. They cannot dribble. They cannot pass. They cannot do anything. They're smart though and the right system can take advantage of that. That system cannot be executed in Barca at the moment. But see how Muller is once again performing in Bayern after 2-3 horrible seasons. Not to say Griezmann missing penalties and clear cut chances has anything to do with his position because that's entirely related to his confidence. But we have to look back at what caused this lack of confidence which is the system. 

Griezmann has to be the most idiotic signing Bartomeu and Valverde made before leaving the club for good. A team that was in serious need of a left winger and defenders at the time. All of which could be solved with 120 million. But they go sign this guy which practically can't be a single piece of the big puzzle in this team. And now it's impossible to get rid of him. 

How is this team supposed to rebuild and focus when we hear about idiotic shenanigans everyday in the club. It's drama after drama. It's like I'm watching the Kardashians. And nobody is man enough to have a real talk at the club so people finally get their sh*t together. Not the captain. Not the manager. Not the board. They are all drowning in their own misery. This club needs a complete overhaul and it's gonna take half a decade. The 2015 Treble that guaranteed Bartomeu a place was actually a curse. It shouldn't have ever happened. 

Edited by TheSantader25
Eutyphro

I think Griezmann is an all round amazing player that is good at everything an attacker should do, plus does great defensive work, but at Barca he just walks in Messi's way or is irrelevant.

RenegadeAngel

Ibra is f*cking crazy! Some players he's playing with and against are young enough to be his sons, but he couldn't be bothered.😂

• Like 1

We were defensively woeful today but I really like the look of Donny, Bruno, Martial, Rashford and Cavani altogether. Cavani's got plenty in the tank still aswell going by the performances he's showing, I think he's gonna be a great little player for us for a year or two. But yea, Donny's gotta be starting now, he's so tidy on the ball and very positive with his passing, he simply has to be starting in the league for us going forward.