• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

Girish

Ahh, a much needed win against a defensive Palace team. I'm actually more happy about the clean sheet than the 4 goals.

Jason

P A N I C  B U Y  S E A S O N  B O Y S

Cavani's a huge step up from Ighalo, but at the end of the day he's a strong on the wrong side of 30, will be on high wages, high signing bonus and a rumoured €10m agent fee. Can't pony up a few extra million for a left back we sorely need though, can we?

Who's next on the panic buy list I wonder? Can't wait to find out!

:sui:

Laker23

Absolute classic Woodward buy, f*ck sake.

On another note that Leeds/City game was highly entertaining. Fair play to Leeds for weathering the early storm and then taking it to them for large parts of the game.

TheSantader25
53 minutes ago, Jason said:

P A N I C  B U Y  S E A S O N  B O Y S

Cavani's a huge step up from Ighalo, but at the end of the day he's a strong on the wrong side of 30, will be on high wages, high signing bonus and a rumoured €10m agent fee. Can't pony up a few extra million for a left back we sorely need though, can we?

Who's next on the panic buy list I wonder? Can't wait to find out!

:sui:

Alberto Moreno incoming. 

Jason
1 hour ago, Laker23 said:

Absolute classic Woodward buy, f*ck sake.

If we buy Telles and Sancho this weekend it's a fantastic signing, if we don't it's a terrifying signing.

We aren't buying Telles or Sancho.

44 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Alberto Moreno incoming. 

Nah, no chance, Woodward and Judge won't have a clue who he is, aint got enough followers on Instagram innit.

Eutyphro

Definitely most of the time I see United play Shaw is their worst player. I rate that Williams kid higher. I think he's decent but needs time.

As for the City game, though City came 1-0 up early and dominated early on, I felt early on in the match that it was a match that might start going the other way, as City without a striker just doesn't work. City actually played quite well at times, though I think Mendy sucks, and I also didn't like the performance of Mahrez. The new centerback looks good.

Edited by Eutyphro
Jason

Shaw's actually been very solid for us for a while now but he has two glaring issues, 1) injuries and 2) attacking quality. Williams is raw but well liked, however he has no left foot and most fans including my self want to see him in rightback as AWB's backup - he's also a walking yellow card, which he needs to cut out.

TheSantader25

Ruben Dias is a player that I've had my eye on for two years. I first saw him in a Portugal national game and kinda realized he plays a big part in their strong defense. I was wondering why no one went for him sooner. City have got a good CB. But they are still crippled from RB/LB positions(which are essential for Pep's system) and "defending" is more than individual work. City don't have a good defensive structure as a team. I mean no guardiola team has had a good defense since Barca(and Barca was highly dependent on possession to reduce threat at that time as well). That's the reason he can't win CLs anymore. 

Edited by TheSantader25
Jason

The club is one big pit of negativity right now it's no surprise this is happening, not surprising one bit.

Talk of Ole not being good enough doing the rounds again, once again a manager will be sacked by the board when the manager never even got a chance once again because of the complete lack of support from the board.

Len Lfc
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Talk of Ole not being good enough doing the rounds again, once again a manager will be sacked by the board when the manager never even got a chance once again because of the complete lack of support from the board.

While partly true, it's blatantly obvious Ole isn't good enough, and never will be. Everyone can see it but united fans. It's baffling.

Eutyphro

Can't they let Bruno Fernandes play in a free role from the left wing, in the case they are getting an offensively capable left back, which would give him freedom to roam? That way you can also let Donny play, and you could play Rashford on the right wing. It might not work, but I think it could. I expect everyone to disagree with this idea though.

Edited by Eutyphro
Jason
38 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Everyone can see it but united fans. It's baffling.

Everyone keeps bringing it up like all United fans are like "OH MY GOD OLE'S THE MAN FOR THE JOB, BEST MANAGER IN THE LEAGUE" or something, it's baffling to us.

It's not the case at all. It's the fact that the situation WON'T change without major changes above the manager - firing Ole and getting someone like Poch, Klopp or Pep won't fix the core problems the club has that is stopping it from building teams capable of winning trophies.

Len Lfc
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Everyone keeps bringing it up like all United fans are like "OH MY GOD OLE'S THE MAN FOR THE JOB, BEST MANAGER IN THE LEAGUE" or something, it's baffling to us.

It's not the case at all. It's the fact that the situation WON'T change without major changes above the manager - firing Ole and getting someone like Poch, Klopp or Pep won't fix the core problems the club has that is stopping it from building teams capable of winning trophies.

I have to disagree. Having an actual coach who knows what he's doing would make a clear difference. Ole hasn't improved many players, if any? An actual coach would improve the team, and their performances. Yes he'd still need backing, and the board is absolutely awful. But it's not the boards fault Ole can't coach the players he has. It's not the boards fault United still don't have a clear philosophy and style of play. Not one that isn't just give it to Fernandes, and brute force results with quality.

In the short time Arteta has been at Arsenal, he's transformed them, and he hasn't been fully backed yet either. United let Carlo Ancelotti go to Everton and stuck with Ole. That's embarrassing. The idea that United can't do better because of the other problems is insane. Arsenal have a shocking board, also. But they're actually improving!

Poch would absolutely improve United. Yes he'd need backing, and he might not get it, and be gone in 2 or 3 years, but it'd be better than this!

Lonely-Martin

'You gotta play like cunts!'

Woke up today and just had that feeling we'd do well today. That first 90 seconds had the alarm bells sounding, but aside that daft moment, completely bossed it. 

The Llamela moment was rather petulant but that said, even before that United were in serious trouble. The Brighton win papered over the issues and we really exploited that crap defence. 

6-1 though. 7 the other night too, and Bale to add to the mix, and Alli if he can find form. Blimey!

Imma enjoy my beer even more now! Ahhhhhh. 🍻

TheSantader25

Mourinho + 2nd Season = possibly a good season for Tottenham. They are starting to look good from the last couple of games. Though there is more to do if they want top 4. Especially defensively. 

Edited by TheSantader25
Len Lfc
Just now, TheSantader25 said:

Mourinho + 2nd Season = possibly a good season for Tottenham. 

3rd season syndrome might not happen at Spurs because (no disrespect) they aren't as big of a club as the previous clubs he's been at, where winning is expected. Maybe I'm wrong, but this one might work out for him. But if they don't win anything... then maybe it might go wrong, again.

Eutyphro

I gotta say, Tottenham showed some good football today. After the red card obviously it wasn't a match anymore, but I saw some real quality from Spurs. They've got good squad depth and all round quality, and that Reguilon they acquired is really good.

As for United, Matic + Pogba is a snail midfield. Pogba doesn't look very fit or something.

Edited by Eutyphro
  • Like 1
Jason
36 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

I have to disagree. Having an actual coach who knows what he's doing would make a clear difference. Ole hasn't improved many players, if any?

Martial, Greenwood, Rashford, Fred, Pogba, Lindelof, Shaw, McTominay and more have all enjoyed their best perform at the club under Ole. The narrative that Ole hasn't improved any players or anything of the sort is daft. Against the top 4 Ole's record has been as good as any manager in the league, the form table for the second half of last season had us at the top (potentially 2nd, one or the two).

We've had a terrible start to the season during a transfer window that has been shambolic and created a huge wave of negativity around the club and it was inevitable that this impacted the on the pitch performances, it happens every time to every club.

RenegadeAngel

Man, PL is off to a crazy f*cking start. The amount of goals teams score on average and all those ridiculous outcomes... I mean, look at what Villa is doing to Liverpool right now, jeez. All I can say is COME ON YOU BLUES!

• Like 1
Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Mourinho + 2nd Season = possibly a good season for Tottenham. They are starting to look good from the last couple of games. Though there is more to do if they want top 4. Especially defensively. 

I do agree our defence isn't solid and I'd love nothing more than 'that' signing that'll help inspire us there. But looking at even Liverpool at the moment conceeding chances/goals, if it comes down to attacks winning things, we're looking well stacked there, lol. 

Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and City all give plenty of opportunities to score against them teams at the moment too.

The art of defending is amiss in our league atm. 

4 minutes ago, RenegadeAngel said:

Man, PL is off to a crazy f*cking start. The amount of goals teams score on average and all those ridiculous outcomes... I mean, look at what Villa is doing to Liverpool right now, jeez. All I can say is COME ON YOU BLUES!

4-1 to Villa! Blimey.

And West Ham beating Leicester 3-0 was a surprise too. Crazy amounts of goals in most all games at the moment.

RenegadeAngel
4 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I do agree our defence isn't solid and I'd love nothing more than 'that' signing that'll help inspire us there. But looking at even Liverpool at the moment conceeding chances/goals, if it comes down to attacks winning things, we're looking well stacked there, lol. 

Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and City all give plenty of opportunities to score against them teams at the moment too.

Do you still plan on getting rid of Aurier? 

Lonely-Martin
31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Martial, Greenwood, Rashford, Fred, Pogba, Lindelof, Shaw, McTominay and more have all enjoyed their best perform at the club under Ole.

I agree with all but Pogba. Since that world cup win he's just not progressed on the pitch. Maybe mentality-wise as he doesn't seem such a diva of late. Unless that's what you meant by his improving. 

RenegadeAngel
6 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

4-1 to Villa! Blimey.

And West Ham beating Leicester 3-0 was a surprise too. Crazy amounts of goals in most all games at the moment.

It was 2-0 when I was writing that LMAO

• Like 1
Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, RenegadeAngel said:

Do you still plan on getting rid of Aurier? 

Mixed feelings as always with him. Going forward, can be awesome, but a liability in defence, lol. 

If a good offer comes, I'd take it I think. I do want us to be more solid/consistent at the back and not have players so easily caught out. Smart forwards will always target a player like that.

1 minute ago, RenegadeAngel said:

It was 2-0 when I was writing that LMAO

Mad game!

Jason
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I agree with all but Pogba. Since that world cup win he's just not progressed on the pitch. Maybe mentality-wise as he doesn't seem such a diva of late. Unless that's what you meant by his improving. 

Yea Pogba hasn't hit the heights we've hoped but Bruno-Pogba-Matic for us last season were all brilliant until fatigue kicked in.

But anyway, the easiest way to sum up Ole is that we don't know how good he can actually be because he hasn't been allowed to build a squad. Mourinho, LVG, Moyes, all of them suffered the same fate. If Ole gets sacked this season no doubt a new manager will come in and get some results but it'll be the same circus again unless something at the top changes. Short term fixes won't get the club to where fans want it to be.

Eutyphro

I agreed with you when you said Brendan Rodgers should be Man U coach. I thought the exact same thing like a week before you posted that. I don't think Ole is a bad coach, but he is not a great one either, and Man U need a great coach.

Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yea Pogba hasn't hit the heights we've hoped but Bruno-Pogba-Matic for us last season were all brilliant until fatigue kicked in.

But anyway, the easiest way to sum up Ole is that we don't know how good he can actually be because he hasn't been allowed to build a squad. Mourinho, LVG, Moyes, all of them suffered the same fate. If Ole gets sacked this season no doubt a new manager will come in and get some results but it'll be the same circus again unless something at the top changes. Short term fixes won't get the club to where fans want it to be.

Yeah, I do agree, that fatigued phase is where we've done well during that extended spell with how we could rotate. Our bench today was loaded to the point we could take Llamela off in case and not be hurt, a luxury Spurs rarely had in the past.

And though I'm obviously delighted with my Spurs today, my inner United fan does feel for the manager/club too. Jose has been backed quite well this window with us so hopefully he can do for us what it's looking more and more he couldn't at United and really grow his team out if it. 

Anything can happen of course in this long season and I'll always be pessimistic, but we look like we're growing into things well. Would have been easy for Dele or Ndombele to really kick off with how Jose managed those too, but both look like they've got the fight in them a bit at the mo.

• Like 1
RenegadeAngel
4 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Mixed feelings as always with him. Going forward, can be awesome, but a liability in defence, lol. 

A Russian team that I support was unexpectedly interested and were even close to reach an agreement with Levy if the rumors are true. The player, however, understandably turned a very lucrative, yet not so interesting offer football-wise down and now I'm interested what's gonna happen with him. I think he only got a year of contract left.