• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

Anyways, United and Burnley, this should be an easy game for us. We can bounce back to 3rd and try to put pressure on city as th is is should be a good opportunity to do so. I also feel we will win the FA Cup this year.

Arrrr...Everton.. spoilsports, you had one job.

Still least City are f*cking scoring again.

Didn't expect City to bounce back to 4 goals. f*cking stoke :D

United 3-1. Wasn't attractive football at all but at least we got the job done. Evans is absolutely shocking. Doesn't deserve to be in a championship league let alone here. Rooney is being wasted in midfield. Van Gaal needs to be put him back to striker ASAP.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

Lambert's gone, thought this would happen at some point this month if Villa didn't start getting points or even scoring. 12 goals in 25 games is it? Nowhere near enough to deserve a place outside the relegation zone, mini miracle they are doing as well as they are, deserves credit for efficiency if nothing else. And I thought our attacking forces were underachieving.

Fewest a team has scored and survived is 29, Sunderland 2001-02 season. I was curious so I looked it up.

Lambert's gone, thought this would happen at some point this month if Villa didn't start getting points or even scoring. 12 goals in 25 games is it? Nowhere near enough to deserve a place outside the relegation zone, mini miracle they are doing as well as they are, deserves credit for efficiency if nothing else. And I thought our attacking forces were underachieving.

Fewest a team has scored and survived is 29, Sunderland 2001-02 season. I was curious so I looked it up.

Looks like Vila are doomed, unless than pull off a miracle and score more goals, concede less, or make the goals they score count.

"It was brilliant to play at Chelsea and I had a good reception. They know I'm a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea. I don't have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again." - Romelu Lukaku

This guy just can't keep his mouth shut. Now I kinda feel sorry for Everton. As if missing 2 great chances against us wasn't enough...

Reus is absolute class. Best left winger on Earth at the moment after Ronaldo IMO. Dortmund were genius themselves for extending his contract right away. Now, if he was to leave, they'd be cashing on him big time or he will stay. Of course though, I see him staying and they need him to help them go back on track. But yeah, this guy is astronomically special. However, the defence needs to improve more although they're on track right now.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

Looks like Vila are doomed, unless than pull off a miracle and score more goals, concede less, or make the goals they score count.

They have been doing the 3rd one so far.

Saw the last match of Dortmund, Reus played damn good. Awesome assist and a goal. Certainly the most valuable player of Dortmund, good thing he stayed. Had he not, the morale of the team might have dropped even more, and avoiding relegation would have been way tougher. The morale but also the team's playing.

Anyway, I heard some bullsh*t news this week on some site, that Ronaldo could be sold by Perez if there will be a good offer coming up from anyone, in the summer. Somewhere around 200m? Can anyone confirm this thing or is it actually stupid news?

Sorry but I have no respect for players like Maradona who cheated in the 86' world cup to get his team to win. Hand of God they said. A legend or class player would never do that but only use his legs to score. I rate him as one of the best definitely, especially coz there was barely any world class players at that time bar a few, which was very limited, but I have no respect for him after watching that incident.

He did what it took to win, I respect that more than someone trying to be a moral footballer.

Tell me if one of your teams players (no idea who you support) scored with a handball in the last minute of a final or the last league game of the year to win the league would you be bothered? Would you class it as a tainted trophy? Or would it not bother you because it went in your favor?

• Like 2

Of course I'd be bothered. I'm pretty sure people like you support this type of douchebagery because you know you're players just aren't good enough or don't use effort to score. It's supporters like you that is ruining the name of football, helping increasing the chances of cheating, especially diving which is extremely out of hand nowadays. When I see absolutely any team going against the rules, even the team I support, I accept the wrongdoing unlike plastic fans. I'd rather lose a game whether it's to win the premier league or world cup with dignity than cheat and look like a scum in front of the public. It's exactly why Maradona has had both a respectable and classless figure ever since.

@Miro: That's equal to the biggest bullsh*t transfer news when a similar one was aroused about Messi being sold for 200 mill to Chelsea. These articles are written by retarded people sitting on their desk all day.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

Saw the last match of Dortmund, Reus played damn good. Awesome assist and a goal. Certainly the most valuable player of Dortmund, good thing he stayed. Had he not, the morale of the team might have dropped even more, and avoiding relegation would have been way tougher. The morale but also the team's playing.

Anyway, I heard some bullsh*t news this week on some site, that Ronaldo could be sold by Perez if there will be a good offer coming up from anyone, in the summer. Somewhere around 200m? Can anyone confirm this thing or is it actually stupid news?

Since when can Ronaldo's manager sell him?

Since when can Ronaldo's manager sell him?

The idea was that, unlike before, Ronaldo is no more un-sellable. Should a good offer come up, Perez might accept the transfer. But that obviously happens if everyone else, including Ronaldo himself, accepts that too.

Of course I'd be bothered. I'm pretty sure people like you support this type of douchebagery because you know you're players just aren't good enough or don't use effort to score. It's supporters like you that is ruining the name of football, helping increasing the chances of cheating, especially diving which is extremely out of hand nowadays. When I see absolutely any team going against the rules, even the team I support, I accept the wrongdoing unlike plastic fans. I'd rather lose a game whether it's to win the premier league or world cup with dignity than cheat and look like a scum in front of the public. It's exactly why Maradona has had both a respectable and classless figure ever since.

I dont believe a single word of what you just said. So basically every trophy that anyone has ever won since (lets say) 1996 is tainted because at some point along the way someone would of dived or got away with a handball etc.

Plus I dont think you understand the meaning of being a plastic fan, by the way.

• Like 1

No. I don't think you understand what I said. Maradona made a handball in the final. And that is a type of cheating that just can't be accepted in football. So that shows you how desperate he really was especially when it was intentional. I haven't seen anyone do that in the premier league in the past 10-15 years in the final game which decides the winner of the premier league. When handballs happen in the premier league, which does happen from time to time, they are all accidents, or ball to hand as they speak. As for diving, I didn't say it taints winning a trophy, but just merely a fact that it's still a type of cheating and it needs to be cut down all the way.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

It wasn't in the final... quarter finals. And 4 minutes after the "hand of God" goal he scored what is known as the "goal of the century". He wasn't desperate. He probably thought he wasn't going to get away with it while he was doing it. After the "goal of the century" the score was 2-0 for Argentina. England eventually scored one goal but truth is Argentina would have won with or without the handball one way or another. That was Maradona's WC, for good and for bad. Pretty much everyone back then kinda forgave him for the "hand of god" cause right after that he scored the most beautiful goal in football history. I think the english expression is "genius and insanity" even though in Italian we have one that suits better the character of Maradona: it's "genio e sregolatezza" which basically means "genius and lack of discipline" or lack of will to obey rules... ;)

No. I don't think you understand what I said. Maradona made a handball in the final. And that is a type of cheating that just can't be accepted in football. So that shows you how desperate he really was especially when it was intentional. I haven't seen anyone do that in the premier league in the past 10-15 years in the final game which decides the winner of the premier league. When handballs happen in the premier league, which does happen from time to time, they are all accidents, or ball to hand as they speak. As for diving, I didn't say it taints winning a trophy, but just merely a fact that it's still a type of cheating and it needs to be cut down all the way.

If cheating was to be removed from the game in all forms then great. But this is sport, that is never going to happen, either in football, rugby, cricket or any sport for that matter someone is always trying to get a advantage somewhere. You say that all handballs in the Prem are accidents? Did you not see Aguero the other day, if the ref hadn't of seen it then that wouldn't of been a accident at all so to say you haven't seen it in 10-15 yers....well it happened the other day.

Maybe Maradonna was desperate with the 'hand of god', but that's how much winning meant to him. Give me players with that winning mentality any day over players who dont. Maybe if England had players as desperate as Maradonna to win we might actually get past the World Cup quarter finals one time in this century.

• Like 2

I didn't say there wouldn't be players doing it on purpose, there probably is and no, I missed the part where Aguero handballed it. But the point is, you very rarely hear about players handballing on purpose, 99% of the time is pure accidental. Let's drop this subject anyway, because as you said, cheating is probably never going to be sorted out in a sport like this so what the hell.

The reason England can't get past the quarter finals is because the squad is simply not good enough. 2014 world cup squad was absolute rubbish. 2010 was horrendous and 2006 was decent. The only guys who work extremely hard for the team are Rooney and Sterling in terms of attacking and the defence is dog sh*te apart from Cahill, Baines and Shaw. Even Gerrard doesn't play great anymore when it comes to international games, and moments when he gives the ball away like an amateur against Uruguay doesn't help him either. Basically the defence and midfield consist of sh*t players.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

Cheating exists and it's that simple. Of course I would like if it was toned down but it's competition at the end of the day and you gotta do what you gotta do. Not everyone is gonna be like Klose and admit they scored a handball that should be disallowed. It's the referee's job to keep up so if someone gets away with a dive or handball, then tough luck. But at the same time, this is why I think there should be an instant replay rule. That way, they can cut down on it.

Now to more recent events. I'm glad Real won today, it wasn't the passionate thrashing that fans had hoped for but the 3 points is what matters and they secured that just fine. Isco is absolutely awesome. He took a perfect chance that was missed by Ronaldo and turned it into a goal when it looked like it was gonna be a missed opportunity. As much as I like Ronaldo, sometimes he needs to think about the team rather than his ego because his clear frustration with failing to goal was visible right after.

Wish I had caught the Wolfsburg vs Leverkusen game. My two favorite teams in Germany and they had an awesome goalfest that was exciting until the final minutes just looking at the score sheet.

Cheating exists and it's that simple. Of course I would like if it was toned down but it's competition at the end of the day and you gotta do what you gotta do. Not everyone is gonna be like Klose and admit they scored a handball that should be disallowed. It's the referee's job to keep up so if someone gets away with a dive or handball, then tough luck. But at the same time, this is why I think there should be an instant replay rule. That way, they can cut down on it.

Now to more recent events. I'm glad Real won today, it wasn't the passionate thrashing that fans had hoped for but the 3 points is what matters and they secured that just fine. Isco is absolutely awesome. He took a perfect chance that was missed by Ronaldo and turned it into a goal when it looked like it was gonna be a missed opportunity. As much as I like Ronaldo, sometimes he needs to think about the team rather than his ego because his clear frustration with failing to goal was visible right after.

Wish I had caught the Wolfsburg vs Leverkusen game. My two favorite teams in Germany and they had an awesome goalfest that was exciting until the final minutes just looking at the score sheet.

The reason cheating exists and will continue to exist is because referees stop paying attention to the game from time to time, they get paid to do their job yet throughout the game, they either don't pay attention to what's happening or the mofo's get bored just standing there and miss vital things, especially fouls. So yes, I agree the instant replay rule needs to be in place, but why hasn't it taken place anyway?

As for Ronaldo, yep, his ego is as big as Messi himself. It's one of the reasons what I think holds him back from being an even better player. He should understand that he isn't a complete machine, he's obviously going to miss chances and he really needs to f*cking give chances to teammates. Isco is truly a class player.

Bradford are 2-0 up against Sunderland. This run is amazing, one of my local teams although not my nearest.

And 2-0 it stays, well this is getting even more interesting.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

Talking about Messi, the guy's just got another hattrick today! :D Thanks makes it 5 in this season in all competitions. Thought for a second that he warmed up for Manchester City just perfectly but then checked and we only play them the other week. Goal difference decreased to two only between him and Ronaldo. As for Cups, I imagine that we have to fight for a win in the second leg in Villarreal and then face Espanyol in the final, which should be not a big deal to win anyway...

Messi has been weird this season. He goes through a few matches where he underperforms and recently he's been 100% on form every time. Annoying and here's hoping he goes back to the phase of being completely ghost again, but that usually happens in big matches.

Atletico lost so now they are 9 points behind. Now we just need Barcelona to drop points so the comfort in the leading position returns. :D

Truth be told, Messi had quite the hopes for this Balloon D'or. I know that Ronaldo scored about 5 goals more in 2014, but Messi had still scored a few in the World Cup, took the team in the final, and lost it unfortunately. Not only that, but also the fact that Ronaldo in the last couple years pulled back two Balloon D'ors kinda made Messi motivated. Since that point Messi scored 14 goals and made 4 assists in 2015. My opinion is that it's more of a mental motivation, than a physical change. I don't think he'll drop off this form too soon, not before he completely assures that he scores more than Ronaldo, this season.

If we had in Spain a league where all teams have an equal share of TV rights contracts, like in England, Levante would have a better team squad and Messi wouldn't be able to score every Match.