• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

I doubt Matt Jarvis had little to do with him leaving.

Yeah it was a joke since 'arry likes a good deadline day signing.

• Like 2

I look at my team now, in last place and i just want to cry... Those players don't understand what it is to be on 2ºB league with 80 teams where only 4 get promoted...

Those memories...

L-aficio-va-explotar-de-joia-amb-el-xiul

Thrown away by a bunch of players that don't deserve the jersey they wear.

Edited by SouthLand

Fantastic goal by Saul to put Atleti 2-0 up vs Real.

Man Atelti have dominated this game so far. Bale, Benz, Ronaldo have been completely anonymous. Griezmann is looking world class.

Is Ronaldo still suspended or what? :lol:

Didn't watch the game, but Saul's goal was amazing. What a nice over-head kick by the 20 year old. Hopefully Atletico can manage a two goal lead and not lose any point. Would do us a major favor.

Primera Division aside, Aston Villa scores after 6 matches of no goalie exactly against Chelsea.

4-0 oh my God. That's a rape. First time they concede such an humiliation after that 5-0 with us. Hoped for a Manita, but 4 is still good. With a perfect run the rest of the season and a win in the Classico at home we should have no problems in winning La Liga.

And yeah, Torres yet another good match against Real Madrid.

Edited by Miro

Gawd City are the most frustrating bunch of f*ckers to watch, I hate that we're becoming a one man squad, since Toure's been out at the ACN we've been complete sh*t. Plus that ref is a dick for denying a stone wall penalty, Jovetic can can get tae, as he's just annoying me how sloppy he is... thank f*ck for James Milner.

PS Mourino... f*ck off you moaning fud.

4-0 oh my God. That's a rape. First time they concede such an humiliation after that 5-0 with us. Hoped for a Manita, but 4 is still good. With a perfect run the rest of the season and a win in the Classico at home we should have no problems in winning La Liga.

Honestly watching this 4-0 felt like watching that 5-0 Barca - Madrid. Atleti were flawless, clean, precise, ruthless and Madrid could only spectate. Annihilated.

Honestly watching this 4-0 felt like watching that 5-0 Barca - Madrid. Atleti were flawless, clean, precise, ruthless and Madrid could only spectate. Annihilated.

I was also pretty surprised with the clean way of play, considering all those comments about Atletico being a rough team, playing dangerous for the opponents and exposing them to injuries. Beside the few yellow cards here and there, it was a pretty nice match. And they are damn precise at everything. Every pass, every interception, every received pass. They worked hard on the basic aspects. Would love a leg between these two in the Champions League, for the sake of the revenge. I really believe it could be in Atletico's favor this time. Should Barcelona be unable to win this year's Champions League, Atletico are the next ones I'd like to see winning.

Also, the difference between this and that 5-0 is the tension and all those scenes by the Real Madrid players in the 2010 match...

I can only imagine Torres enjoying the high life at Atleti and literally pissing himself compared to the guy he was at Chelsea. He should have never went there. Atletico Madrid are monsters this season. I have no idea what the f*ck is up with Madrid. I'm pleased in a way because they think they can just constantly buy players at any cost to dominate La Liga but the money has spit right back at their face.

^ To be fair, Real has been excellent this season, with the exception of whenever they face Atletico. No idea what is it that makes them underperform so badly in the city derby and they've had, what, 10 matches this season already?

Although I'm sure Atletico would trade all of that if they could win the Champions League final considering that was the big one. I still have good faith we can win the league and go far in the CL. Even if Barcelona win tomorrow, we still have the lead by 1 point, which should be enough to help us bounce back in the long streak of matches against mid-table teams.

• Like 1

Simeone has Madrid completely worked out. Atletico have been destroying them for the last few years bar CL final in which Atleti were a minute away from winning regardless.

Now Simeone has to work out Barca with Neymar playing the Messi role and Messi dropping deeper.

Ever since that lucky equalizer of Ramos and all that what followed in the Champions League final last year, Atletico beat Real Madrid four times this season and made also two draws. It's pretty strange how you lose three matches with Barcelona in a month and win twice with Madrid home, scoring 6 goals and conceding none, and drawing away.

Real Madrid has been damn good this season with that 21 win streak. However, as good as they may perform under Ancelotti, I can't see them doing that good once again this spring. With James and Ramos out almost two months, with Modric still injured it's pretty tough. It's also the second part of the season when everyone is tired. Even more, the toughest matches in the Champions League start now as well. The only thing that Real Madrid have somehow got rid of is the Copa del Rey, which I still doubt they wouldn't have wished to win.

As for Barcelona, the Bilbao trips in the past season have been damn tough. Two draws and a defeat in the past 3 years. It's going to be damn hard this time. Yet again, last season when we lost, Bilbao has made a great season, with them getting this year in the Champions League, yet this season in the La Liga they're pretty low this season, on the 12th position. I don't underestimate them - as I said, they beat us last year and we merely drew the other two years before, but I still believe we can make it this time. Still, Sociedad is 14th and we lost once again. However, should Messi only keep this motivation going and should Suarez get some luck in front of the net, and we should be fine. That if the defense doesn't f*ck up again.

Edited by Miro

the last time Barcelona did well against Bilbao was when they had David Villa up front. The new front line might make beating Bilbao a lot easier compared to the last few years where they've only really had Messi.

130419.jpg

Most overrated player in football history imho.

And Ancelotti showed once again he's a mediocre coach. A lucky one but unable to realise they do not have a strong midfield.

the last time Barcelona did well against Bilbao was when they had David Villa up front. The new front line might make beating Bilbao a lot easier compared to the last few years where they've only really had Messi.

While it's true that last season, when we lost, we didn't have Messi, but still had Sanchez, Fabregas and Neymar. In the 2011 - 2012 season we still had David Villa. Looked on Soccerway to see information about that match. David Villa only entered the pitch in the 72nd minute, and we were lucky to snatch a point in a 2-2 draw with Messi's equalizer in the last minute.

Although, you do have a point, with Suarez and Rakitic it should be something else. Yet, the same could have been thought before the Real Sociedad game, but there nothing changed unfortunately. But there was a dumb move by Enrique to keep both Neymar and Messi on the bench the whole first half. I mean, why the heck you'd do that when you know you weren't able to win there for the past 4 years?!

130419.jpg

And Ancelotti showed once again he's a mediocre coach. A lucky one but unable to realise they do not have a strong midfield.

Yeah well, the funny thing is you wouldn't have said this about Messi when Barca lost 4-0 to Bayern in the Champions League semi finals in 2013. So clearly, it is possible for massive teams like this to get humiliated from time to time.

130419.jpg

Yeah well, the funny thing is you wouldn't have said this about Messi when Barca lost 4-0 to Bayern in the Champions League semi finals in 2013. So clearly, it is possible for massive teams like this to get humiliated from time to time.

Actually, the 7-0 jokes where incredibly intense. Massive fun made of players, coach, and what not. Funny thing is, we had beaten Bayern just about 3 years before with 4-0 also, though it was in the Group Stages. While it's true that this sometimes happens to big teams, like Manchester City beating Manchester United 6-1 3 seasons ago, or Bayern getting trashed last season, to Real Madrid it happened quite a few times... 2009: 2-6 defeat to Barcelona, 2010: 0-5 defeat to Barcelona; 2013: 1-4 defeat to Dortmund and 2015: 0-4 defeat to Atletico.

Truth be told, the better a team plays overall, the bigger the ironies. Can't be helped.

• Like 1

While it's true that last season, when we lost, we didn't have Messi, but still had Sanchez, Fabregas and Neymar. In the 2011 - 2012 season we still had David Villa. Looked on Soccerway to see information about that match. David Villa only entered the pitch in the 72nd minute, and we were lucky to snatch a point in a 2-2 draw with Messi's equalizer in the last minute.

Although, you do have a point, with Suarez and Rakitic it should be something else. Yet, the same could have been thought before the Real Sociedad game, but there nothing changed unfortunately. But there was a dumb move by Enrique to keep both Neymar and Messi on the bench the whole first half. I mean, why the heck you'd do that when you know you weren't able to win there for the past 4 years?!

mostly referring to 2011 season, they dominated Bilbao then if I recall correctly.

My opinion on CR hasn't change because of this match. I think he's highly overrated and part of this is due to his highly valuable image in terms of marketing. He's certainly an above average player but nowhere near the great names of football from the past. And also miles behind Messi and other current players. He played 3 CL finals and didn't shine in any, quite the opposite. He has always failed with his national team. He has a tendency to do good against weak opponents and become invisible against strong ones. He has the arrogance of saying he's going to be the best of all times when in reality he's not even close to be the best in his own time. He played in two great clubs which certainly helped him in scoring so much but as far as being a player that can change the game in a second with a genius play, he has nothing of that. Today RM really missed James and Marcelo who are far more talented and important for the team than CR will ever be. Don't get me wrong, I love Portuguese players but CR is not on the same level of Figo, Rui Costa, Eusebio and Coluna.

Ancelotti has more luck than skill. He's not new to this kind of mess.

mostly referring to 2011 season, they dominated Bilbao then if I recall correctly.

Back then we had Guardiola, we had the best form ever. Don't get me wrong, Suarez is an awesome player, can do a lot for the team, but at that point David Villa was way more dangerous for the opponents than today's Suarez. At the same time, Messi isn't as dangerous now as he was back then.

It's not really the match itself that scares me, but the mere fact that, just like Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao is a team which whom we've always struggled, and in the past years, we couldn't really win. We did win indeed away there in 2011 with 3-1 or something, but the three past seasons when we couldn't hold much more importance because they're closer.

For me, something like the "Enrique Era" ; "Tito Vilanova Era" or "Gerardo Martino Era" don't exist. All there exists is one single era called "Post-Guardiola Era" - the current era that sets up tougher opponents because we're weaker than when we were under Guardiola, when like we could never take a past match because we could always win in a newer season where we couldn't the previous one, a fact that doesn't seem to apply anymore now.

Edited by Miro

Ok chaps, how is this topic loading for you guys?

At over 1000 pages it a bit of a whooper so it might be worth closing this and starting a new one to avoid any performance issues.

Let me know your thoughts.

My opinion on CR hasn't change because of this match. I think he's highly overrated and part of this is due to his highly valuable image in terms of marketing. He's certainly an above average player but nowhere near the great names of football from the past. And also miles behind Messi and other current players. He played 3 CL finals and didn't shine in any, quite the opposite. He has always failed with his national team. He has a tendency to do good against weak opponents and become invisible against strong ones. He has the arrogance of saying he's going to be the best of all times when in reality he's not even close to be the best in his own time. He played in two great clubs which certainly helped him in scoring so much but as far as being a player that can change the game in a second with a genius play, he has nothing of that. Today RM really missed James and Marcelo who are far more talented and important for the team than CR will ever be. Don't get me wrong, I love Portuguese players but CR is not on the same level of Figo, Rui Costa, Eusebio and Coluna.

Ancelotti has more luck than skill. He's not new to this kind of mess.

But the thing is he isn't miles behind Messi nor anyone else as they don't exist. I think Ibrahimovic said it right though it was a bit harsh, Messi is naturally gifted while Ronaldo is a trained product which means he worked harder than absolutely anyone in history to get to where he is now and physically he is literally unparalleled. He's got the pace, skills (Lio is naturally better at this anyway), strength and agility which is needed in someone like him. When you say he does good against weak teams but not big teams is absolute bullsh*t, every time he plays against Barcelona, Atletico or other big teams from the CL too, he does excellent but you can't expect him to carry the whole team and do good every single time, this applies to Messi as well. Now I can agree with you that he is arrogant, because he obviously wants to score goals non stop which is the right attitude to have. There's nothing wrong with being arrogant as long as you can prove your worth, and Ronaldo has done so. As for the national team, Portugal is absolute dog sh*te, so why do you expect one man Ronaldo to make them exceptional and carry their team a good distance? That's pure ignorance. Compare that to Argentina and you'll see Messi is already in a world class team that could make it to the quarter finals or semi's without Messi if they work hard enough.

And you think Marcelo and James are more talented than him? You've lost all credibility right there. I can say that James has a lot of potential since he is still young, but we will never know how good he can be until he is in his prime and above. Was James and Toni Kroos even in RM when they won the champions league last year?

Edited by MyName'sJeff
  • Like 2

Bale scored the winning goal, but other than that you are right. I usually think Doc Rikowski is a good poster but that post is so biased and over the top that I wouldn't even wanna bother debating it. Sounds more like blind hate.

• Like 2

Ok chaps, how is this topic loading for you guys?

At over 1000 pages it a bit of a whooper so it might be worth closing this and starting a new one to avoid any performance issues.

Let me know your thoughts.

Topic is loading fine for me on my desktop, tablet and phone, it's not like it's loading all 1000+ pages at once.

Bale scored the winning goal, but other than that you are right. I usually think Doc Rikowski is a good poster but that post is so biased and over the top that I wouldn't even wanna bother debating it. Sounds more like blind hate.

Holy sh*t, I forgot Bale scored the extra time 2nd half winner and was even in RM -_- . Thanks for correcting me.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

I'm not the biased one, sorry. You guys are blinded by fanboysm. I said he's an above average player. A very good and effective striker but he's not the kind of player that can carry a team nor be a game changer unless is well supported by the midfield. As soon as the midfield fails, like yesterday, or as soon as he faces a strong defence, he just becomes invisible. I've seen him doing this countless of times. For me that's not enough for someone that claims to be the best of all times, which is a bit of a ridiculous claim coming from someone that has never won anything with the national team. And no, Portugal hasn't always sucked. He played with some top class Portugal teams but he was never decisive like others were. And yes, if someone claims to be the best of all times I expect him to carry a whole team when needed. Exactly like I've seen many top stars of the past doing it.

Marcelo and James are more skilled and definitely more useful for the team (Isco too). That's what I meant. Without them RM just collapse and CR becomes useless. That's Ancelotti's fault of course.

I never mentioned Kroos, but since we are talking about RM midfield I guess it lost all the quality when they sold Di Maria and Alonso.

Resuming: top class player but far from being a football legend or a football genius.

• Like 2

Ronaldo is not a game changer and is above average, Jesus Christ. Portugal have been sh*t for the last seven years, the last good Portugal team Ronaldo played in was in 2006 and Ronaldo was still only young then. Ronaldo played bad three CL finals? Pretty sure Ronaldo was injured for two of them finals and was excellent in 2008. He's practically carried Madrid for the last six years and carried us on a lot of occasions.

Ronaldo vs Messi debate has been done to death but they are both legends to the game and will both go down with the greats. I admire both players but I admire Ronaldo more since he played for United and I saw him grow into the beast he is now. No player scores and get's that many assists in two top leagues for two historical clubs and be just above average. He's a legend, like it or not. Not sure why you hate him so much but w/e.

For a start Doc, he's not even a f*cking striker.

Edited by Wrong Kind
  • Like 4