• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Eutyphro

• TheSantader25

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8986821/Diego-Maradona-died-suffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html   Holy sh*t, quite unexpected. RIP, you crazy legend.

The Champions League final in pictures   First Half     First Half interruption and half time entertainment     Second Half    

Nah, Jesus is staying at City.

What exactly happened? I did see that second goal being amazing, but how the hell they conceded as many goals in a match as in the whole season!?

What exactly happened? I did see that second goal being amazing, but how the hell they conceded as many goals in a match as in the whole season!?

they finally met a team that plays good

they finally met a team that plays good

Or they finally found a team that has balls and are not scared by a team with a big paycheck

I usually go play on Saturday mornings, but seeing how it's well below freezing temperatures here, I think watching the premier league in my jam-jams is a better plan

I usually go play on Saturday mornings, but seeing how it's well below freezing temperatures here, I think watching the premier league in my jam-jams is a better plan

Jam jams? Dont you mean 'jim jams'?

1-1 I'll take it, and without being too bias, I think that City had more of the possession and the best chances throughout as well, if only Sergio can get back to full fitness again.

1-1 I'll take it, and without being too bias, I think that City had more of the possession and the best chances throughout as well, if only Sergio can get back to full fitness again.

I wouldn't say that's being bias, that's just being correct. Chelsea played better in the first half but second half they didn't really create anything of note and City took over the game in the second half.

I also would say jim-jams.

You sir are correct.

Edited by Hodgey.

i like jamjams and I'm sticking with it

it really was a game of two halves. Hazard was all over the place in the first half but barely present in the second. Aguero looked markedly better than he did against Arsenal and I reckon will be back to full form to destroy Hull next week.

in the Hull/Newcastle game it was kinda interesting to see the rugby lines still visible on the field. I was wondering if that irks some Britons like it does when Americans watch a game with the yard markers still visible from a previous football game.

Seeing the marks left from Rugby matches has never really bothered me, it's only when the pitched is chewed up because of the Rugby, that's what's annoying.

It was quite clear in the second half that Mourinho was going for a draw and he's quite good at it; especially against the top teams. He knew even a draw would hurt you more than us. There was no point in trying to attack and possibly lose the match. I'll happily take the 1 point.

in the Hull/Newcastle game it was kinda interesting to see the rugby lines still visible on the field. I was wondering if that irks some Britons like it does when Americans watch a game with the yard markers still visible from a previous football game.

No it doesn't bother me as they do try to remove them, so the rugby lines aren't as visible as the football lines. However I've watched football matches from America and they dont even try to remove the american football, lacrosse etc markings from the field so they are just as visible as the football markings and it just looks sh*t and confusing when you first start to watch the game.

Hah, nice job Southampton! Thanks for helping us stay in 3rd position. Anywaym, after watching the Utd and Leicester game yesterday, you can clearly see with the 442 formation we are much better as expected and the possession stat was insane. Heck, I was even surprised at the solidity of the defence even if it was Leicester, though they beat us 5-3 last time we met. As soon as Nugent, Albrighton and Cambiasso came on, they did have an immediate impact for Leicester though.

Also, Arsenal killed it today, but you can see Aston Villa were just suspect at the back. They've been exposed heavily and they're in trouble.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

Just over 2 hours to go and we've not signed Messi yet... worst.. transfer day... ever.

Very happy with the Cuadrado signing, good player that will strengthen us and give us some more oomph, but it's also a good bit of smart business and we haven't overpaid. I've been really pleased with the last few windows in that regard. I was watching the deadline day Football Focus special at about midnight, and they brought up an interesting stat. It was something like "the players in Europe with the most successful dribbles since 2012", and the list went (I think):

1. Messi

2. Ronaldo

3. Hazard

4. Neymar

5. Cuadrado

6. Ribery

I might have got the exact order slightly mixed up there, but that's about right. Anyways it caught my attention because I didn't realise he was actually that good. As for other teams, West Brom had a good window, and I reckon Bony will tear it up at City alongside Aguero and with the other players they've got. Pretty quiet window all round though compared to previous seasons.

Edited by stu

That's an excellent signing and nothing short of that. However, it is sad to see Schurrle's career get ruined at Chelsea though. Good on him for leaving.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

Any chance Redknapp can f*ck off into a void now he's quit QPR? That blustering, wobbly-chinned, cockney bell-end drives me mad.

But no. He'll probably end up with a cushty job on Sky. Or at Newcastle.

Bleurgh.

Edited by SIKKS66

That's an excellent signing and nothing short of that. However, it is sad to see Schurrle's career get ruined at Chelsea though. Good on him for leaving.

How has his career been ruined lol? He had plenty of opportunities and he did ok, and he worked his way into the German WC squad under us. He's made a smart move to a team where he'll get regular football, and the deal works well for all involved. Just because he didn't cement a place and become a constant starter in one of the world's best teams, doesn't mean he's ruined, or even regressed.

I could totally see 'arry at Newcastle. I think Sherwood deserves more of a chance though. Either way I'm sure the toon army will love another chance to bemoan the "Cockney Mafia".

I could totally see 'arry at Newcastle. I think Sherwood deserves more of a chance though. Either way I'm sure the toon army will love another chance to bemoan the "Cockney Mafia".

Oh God, good point. Let's try and avoid that.

I hear Shteve McClaren is the long-term target. I hope he resists them. He's worked damn hard to rebuild his reputation after the whole 'Wally with the Brolly' incident and has carved out a good little niche for himself at Derby. I hope he stays there and brings them up to the Prem.

I doubt Matt Jarvis had little to do with him leaving. If anything, he didn't get the best out of the QPR players and you could see that throughout the whole season. His knee operation also has to do with it apparently, just read it on BBC sports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31117098

@Stu: I shouldn't have used the word ruined, my bad. But I think he hasn't developed as much as he could have at Chelsea. I've watched him play since he came from Leverkusen and yes, he has improved, but clearly it hasn't pushed him up much further. I'm hoping Wolfsburg can do that since he's only 24. Since coming to Chelsea, he's only scored 14 goals in 65 appearances.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

Sanctions for my team because the corwd sang "f*ck Barça... f*ck Barça" After the players of Barça B showed off and provoked the crowd. The referee was a complete moron.

Here is the article which i will translate below:

10632042_703007413153952_1371165144_n.jp

The LFP (Spanish League Association) announced that unapropiate chants where made
in the game CE Sabadell - FC Barcelona B of the Second Division A, by about 40 spectators

(False it was all the stadium) that supported the local team in which they shouted

"f*ck Barça f*ck Barça", in which they weren't followed by the rest of the stadium

(false) and where only sang by the group mentioned above.
The CE Sabadell announced on the speakers that no insults where allowed and

asked the Sabadell fans to just cheer for the team and respected the rival team.

The Security manager went to the group of 40 who sang that chant (false) to stop singing

that and to please cheer for the game.

The chant was only sang for one minute in the whole game.

Since the Ultras from Atletico killed a Depor Ultra a few monts ago, the LFP are a bunch of pussies...