1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Mostly_Red

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 4)

~INDIO~
Just now, MrElastico said:

whats the difference between a single action and a double action revolver?

With a single action you cock it every time before each shot.. and the double you just keep firing.. so the double will be great for 12 year olds

TheExclusiveMan
3 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

With a single action you cock it every time before each shot.. and the double you just keep firing.. so the double will be great for 12 year olds

Until they get the mauser

MrElastico
2 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

alright, in that case i agree with you regarding only having single action revolvers in game. The mauser pistol and the high power pistol kind of killed my vibe towards the end of the original rdr.

Morgan
10 minutes ago, Onholidayinmyhead said:

That’s is amazing. Which magazine says this? I’ll definitly be playing without minimap if true! 

"GAMEPLAY". Magazine from Belgium

Hugoat

Have you stopped to tell how many Assassin's Creed were released while Rockstar was developing RDR2?

DEADWOODZ
27 minutes ago, CMcC said:

That grizzlies outfit is rad. First thing I’m doing with Arthur once I ride into a town is getting him out of the blue collard shirt. Haven’t even played the game yet and I’m sick of seeing him in that outfit! 

I still like the blue collard shirt for some reason, i feel this could be the best protagonist I've played...his whole attitude down to his looks, i just wanna be a bad mf outlaw & terrorise the town of Valentine! 

Distrom
3 minutes ago, Hugoat said:

Have you stopped to tell how many Assassin's Creed were released while Rockstar was developing RDR2?

Hess1922

Guys... is it October 26th yet?

Nutduster
3 hours ago, nubcaker said:

I can confirm this. The magazine does indeed say that the dialogue changes when you turn off the visual guides. People then describe to you where the location is. That would be absolutely fantastic if it's true.

Holy sh*t. That would be enough for me to play with the HUD, I think.  I usually don't even in games that give you the option, because the game isn't sufficiently changed to actually support it, and you end up lost with no real guidance.

nubcaker
31 minutes ago, Onholidayinmyhead said:

That’s is amazing. Which magazine says this? I’ll definitly be playing without minimap if true! 

A Dutch Belgian magazine, but so far  they are the only ones to have said this. So I dunno. Odd that it hasn't been mentioned before.

Edited by nubcaker

Locked and loaded

Anyone know if you preorder the guide book from amazon when it will be shipped?I know its the cheapest place to get it,but I would like to know the date they are sending it out.Anyone have an answer I'd appreciate a response back..Thanks

TheOriginalGunslinger
33 minutes ago, MrElastico said:

alright, in that case i agree with you regarding only having single action revolvers in game. The mauser pistol and the high power pistol kind of killed my vibe towards the end of the original rdr.

I loved when trigger happy kids used the Mauser and High Powered Pistol. You could easily drop them with one headshot from a Bolt Action Rifle. I never saw a problem with it. Looking forward to the challenge in Red Dead Redemption II with the shooting scheme. Can’t wait to pop heads yet again which I’m hoping there is a “Headshot counter” again in some of the competitive game modes to see who got the most headshots in matches. That was a fun little thing to compare stats too.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

michael99420
4 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Just seen the new exclusive content...

-snip-

So did I, but I saw the One X exclusive content: True 4K and I said to myself thats the one I want 😉

Edited by Spider-Vice
fixed quote

~INDIO~

Hoping for the Colt Navy and maybe some Remingtons..

Need more variety with the revolvers.. it is a western after all 

Haggis Basher
5 minutes ago, Punkd said:

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/red-dead-redemption-2-features-1202963032/

"Can’t get enough? Be sure to check back with Variety on Friday for details on the entire first chapter of the game, and our interview with developers at Rockstar Games. "

its getting a late friday..

Damn was hoping they wouldn't walk through and explain the entire first chapter. Wish they would approached it like the Red Bull did.

SAS_Intruder
37 minutes ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

I loved when trigger happy kids used the Mauser and High Powered Pistol. You could easily drop them with one headshot from a Bolt Action Rifle. I never saw a problem with it. Looking forward to the challenge in Red Dead Redemption II with the shooting scheme. Can’t wait to pop heads yet again which I’m hoping there is a “Headshot counter” again in some of the competitive game modes to see who got the most headshots in matches. That was a fun little thing to compare stats too.

Plus this time around, weapons have to be cleaned in order to work and my guess is that semi automatics are going to be more sensitive and 12 year olds are going to cry every time they get killed because they faild to properly maintain their weapons.

TheTruth22333
50 minutes ago, Locked and loaded said:

Anyone know if you preorder the guide book from amazon when it will be shipped?I know its the cheapest place to get it,but I would like to know the date they are sending it out.Anyone have an answer I'd appreciate a response back..Thanks

it says on the 26th i believe since it didnt offer release date shipping or whatever 

Jabalous
50 minutes ago, Punkd said:

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/red-dead-redemption-2-features-1202963032/

"Can’t get enough? Be sure to check back with Variety on Friday for details on the entire first chapter of the game, and our interview with developers at Rockstar Games. "

its getting a late friday..

Yeah, where they at? Nothing so far. 

DEADWOODZ

Update on Variety, still nothing?

joshua969

Oh no...it's Edge all over again.

Mostly_Red
Just now, joshua969 said:

Oh no...it's Edge all over again.

Or Power Unlimited, lol

Ol' Stinky Pete
4 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Update on Variety, still nothing?

Can't be any worse than the Daily Star shenanigans lol. 

DEADWOODZ
3 minutes ago, Ol' Stinky Pete said:

Can't be any worse than the Daily Star shenanigans lol. 

Ughh, don't even mention them...

Edited by DEADWOODZ

FlatFX

Whats your estimation on sales for RDR2? 

more than 10 Mio. units first week? 

Will RDR2 outperform CoD ?

Cutter De Blanc

While interaction with non-playable characters (NPCs) was a big part of the fun in “Red Dead Redemption,” it has more consequences in the prequel. Just as in the first game, the player can choose to act honorably or less so, but now players can engage with NPCs by greeting them through holding L2, which pulls up “a menu of interactions,” according to the PlayStation Blog. This could in turn create a decent exchanging of pleasantries or an awkward bout of small talk or even a brawl — just like in real life!

This paragraph... I'm not sure what it is about how it's written exactly but it kills the hype for me when these game journalists reduce the functions of the game down to pushing buttons and menus coming up and referring to them as NPCs, and referencing the last game... I don't know but I just really don't like this paragraph. It cheapens one of the things I'm most excited about, and I'm not sure why. Reading on it's like the article is trying to convince me Red Dead is just a game, and I mean it is, but... I dunno sh*t like this :

If you need to make money to fund all of this in-game realism, there’s plenty of opportunities,

Like the previewer needs to prove to the reader they're clever and weren't taken in by the game

Maybe I'm just getting bitter from all this waiting.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

TheExclusiveMan
9 minutes ago, FlatFX said:

Whats your estimation on sales for RDR2? 

more than 10 Mio. units first week? 

Will RDR2 outperform CoD ?

I remember hearing that rdr2 is the only game out of cod and bfv that is doing well in pre orders. But I think cod does have a chance as people aimlessly buy it every year regardsless of quality.

MC_HaMMaSTiX
4 hours ago, Jason said:

Pretty sure it's a RDO character lol

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh what, it actually is. Thought the timed exclusive content was online only but apparently not. 

tumblr_mhnyr45pK51r4zr2vo2_r1_500.gif

Tasty_Pasta
5 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

is it just me, or is this the exact same gun that got added to GTA this december? :D 

RDR2:

Reveal hidden contents

Dov-8N-WwAEejYp?format=jpg

GTA V:

Reveal hidden contents

oLCRrXO.png

They are both variants of the "Double Action Revolver" which was a gun model in RDR, so yes, they are intended to be the same gun. 

Morgan
7 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

This paragraph... I'm not sure what it is about how it's written exactly but it kills the hype for me when these game journalists reduce the functions of the game down to pushing buttons and menus coming up and referring to them as NPCs, and referencing the last game... I don't know but I just really don't like this paragraph. It cheapens one of the things I'm most excited about, and I'm not sure why. Reading on it's like the article is trying to convince me Red Dead is just a game, and I mean it is, but... I dunno sh*t like this 

I understand but see it like this; it is written to convince people who might want to buy the game..not the fans like us.