2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TheOriginalGunslinger

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 2)

SneakyDeaky
Just now, SuperKitsune said:

Why was liberty city in gta sa? It was also still cj's story right?! Not Claude's. Same thing here..

Why do alot of people think West Elizabeth is exclusive to John? For all we know John could have never visited West Elizabeth yet in 1899.

Maybe Arthur knows West Elizabeth much better than John. Nobody knows!

It's not exactly the same thing. You couldn't explore LC in GTA San Andreas, it was very restricted. It was a tribute, a homage.

YoungMarston
4 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

This is my favorite so far. Can't wait to see the snowy mountains. Horses adapt to the environnement so we will have to look after them properly. Also, if Arthur was just to wear a shirt he'd probably complain because of the cold. We need the proper gear! This is truly Rockstars next gen game!

912-4.jpg

That one is probably my favorite too. The snowy area un RDR is still beloved by me.

SneakyDeaky
9 minutes ago, SuperKitsune said:

And are you really going to believe a random leak has rdr2's ending right?

You edited your post while I replied so I didn't see your question so sorry for the double post:

Am I going to believe the "random" leak that revealed the whole premise of the game and its protagonist 2 years before it was officially revealed? Yeah. Makes sense to me.

Mostly_Red
6 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

What's this nonsense of Black Ops 4 destroying RDR 2! I can't stand Call of Duty and this is a disgrace and very insulting to us! Call of Duty sucks and they pump out the same crap every year! Rockstar Games revolutionize and innovate their games! What is going on here!

CoD outselling outstanding games like Red Dead Redemption 2 or God of War is mind boggling. What's going on with these people...

Edited by Mostly_Red

Zello
18 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

This is my favorite so far. Can't wait to see the snowy mountains. Horses adapt to the environnement so we will have to look after them properly. Also, if Arthur was just to wear a shirt he'd probably complain because of the cold. We need the proper gear! This is truly Rockstars next gen game!

912-4.jpg

My shirtless bearded Arthur goes into snowy mountains with no jacket because his beard keeps him warm and he washes his balls with ice water.

Edited by Zello

NightWalker14

I am completely ticked off! How can average games like COD and Fortnite be more popular than RDR 2 and outsell it? This is completely absurd.

Mostly_Red
1 minute ago, NightWalker14 said:

I am completely ticked off! How can average games like COD and Fortnite be more popular than RDR 2 and outsell it? This is completely absurd.

Fortnite i can understand, since it's free. 

Haggis Basher
6 minutes ago, Zello said:

Reveal hidden contents

youtu.be/g6VnAdxMaeU?t=1m54s

My shirtless bearded Arthur goes to snowy mountains with no jacket because his beard keeps him warm and he washes his balls with ice water.

A couple of things stuck out at me while really looking at this photo.

1. Snow accumulates on the clothing of Arthur and gang

2. Snow accumulates on the trees and bushes, very realistic looking 

3. Breath from horse

4. tracks being left in snow.

joshua969
6 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain

SuperKitsune
33 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

It's not exactly the same thing. You couldn't explore LC in GTA San Andreas, it was very restricted. It was a tribute, a homage.

True, but West Elizabeth could also just be a tribute to rdr1. Just in a more fleshed out form.

29 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

You edited your post while I replied so I didn't see your question so sorry for the double post:

Am I going to believe the "random" leak that revealed the whole premise of the game and its protagonist 2 years before it was officially revealed? Yeah. Makes sense to me.

Alot can change in four years you know. But I agree that the leak you mentioned is more important than just "random".

Edited by SuperKitsune

MostWantedMVP

Can't wait to see these shootouts. Its gonna be BRUTAL. Loved the duels in RDR always aimed for the head. 😀

donttakemybaitman62
23 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

Well, Fortnite is a pretty fun game and their marketing campaign has been pretty good. Epic Games really know how to implement microtransactions to the game, not like Rockstar. 

Emmi

I hope they have got a similar feature in RDR2 as Breath of the Wild has it ... if you are in cold areas you will freeze and slowly lose health if you don't wear appropriate clothes for the specific area. That'd be great and add just a bit more to the immersiveness of the game.

pjw

SuperKitsune
25 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

Because those games are more mainstream.

Emmi

There's absolutely no scenario where I'd see CoD or BF outselling RDR2 ... it's quite impossible. RDR2 will be the biggest release of the year, hands down. And that's not just fanboy-talk!

JordanDFC17

We can now technically say that rdr2 is 2 months (and 30 days) away

Jason

BF/CoD are 10-15million unit selling games in the first few weeks and months and then slow down quite significantly. RDR2's lifetime sales will sale past those numbers quite comfortably. Even then, it has every chance to end the year as the best selling game of the year. Retailers and even rival publishers have acknowledged that it's gonna be a juggernaut, if by some chance it doesn't end up as the best selling game of the year it is gonna be by a hairs breadth at best I'd expect.

I can see Twitch streamers and YouTubers having a big hand in the game getting a lot attention from people who'd normally turn their nose up at a western, particularly when RDRO launches. Promoting the game within GTAO will do the same as well.

Not Kmart
38 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Can't wait to see these shootouts. Its gonna be BRUTAL. Loved the duels in RDR always aimed for the head. 😀

The game has to be brutal/Violent.

It's a western lol

R* says its "unforgiving" 

Thats why it needs good physics and gore.. 

In shoot outside depending on where I shoot the npc i want paint the wall behind them RED lol

When someone at the top of the stairs draws their pistol I want to shoot the in the shoulder from below and blood splatters up in the air on the wall/ceiling or both. Lol and then the tumble down the stairs in western type fashion. Lol

Mostly_Red

Well, these are the predictions of the NPD group for US this year

1-miUusY6

VigMarston
1 hour ago, NightWalker14 said:

They (who ever drew up that data) are grossly underestimating Red Dead & Its gonna bite them back in the ass.

They may win in the "short term sales" category.. Long term sales however will always go to a once in a lifetime title like Red Dead. Watch people buy it even 6 or 7 years from now(Like GTA V) Whilst all other games like COD & BFV are forgotten. The power of R* games ;)

Btw... God bless ya @Spider-Vice.. Thanks for locking the delay thread :^:

Edited by VigMarston91

JustAMetalHead

This thread literally has 15 million views now. I think the view counter might be glitched.

Zello

How much money you think they make day one? 1 billion?

Spider-Vice
5 minutes ago, JustAMetalHead said:

This thread literally has 15 million views now. I think the view counter might be glitched.

It is, we're looking into it.