2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TheOriginalGunslinger

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 2)

mombo2811

I never buy digital. Physical all the way. Especially a Rockstar game!

I'm excited for a special edition, hopefully a steelbook or collectors edition.

I still have my Max Payne 3 and GTA IV box :)

SuperKitsune

Still don't know what happened to Rufus though..

If you go back to Beecher's Hoppe as Jack, Rufus can still be heard barking in the distance... But he is not there. It's pretty creepy

The whole ranch feels creepy after John, Abigail, Uncle and their dog passed away. It also kinda makes you feel sad by reminding you of being alone after parents pass away. It was a unique event and feeling in a video game.

Also that creepy message in the attic of the ranch didn't help either.

happygrowls

If you go back to Beecher's Hoppe as Jack, Rufus can still be heard barking in the distance... But he is not there. It's pretty creepy

The whole ranch feels creepy after John, Abigail, Uncle and their dog passed away. It also kinda makes you feel sad by reminding you of being alone after parents pass away. It was a unique event and feeling in a video game.

The dog is still alive, he's there right after the ending, but disappears for some reason, he can still be heard barking on the ranch.

arno_cat

The dog is still alive, he's there right after the ending, but disappears for some reason, he can still be heard barking on the ranch.

When Jack kills a dog he sometimes says "I miss Rufus", so it's pretty weird that they added him again

UAL

The guy on the right is Arthur, the guy in the middle is another new character.

Edited by UAL

damienrayemusic

Sorry i havent been on, dealing with some crazy sh*t personally right now:/ anyway, RDR2 midnight release, anyone?? Thats what i am most hyped for. My dad and I last midnight release we did was for GTA V. I miss those and the hype is like no other for a rockstar game eapecially red dead. Im gonna get a cowboy hat and everything, suit up and stream the event live on facebook. I so look forward to it. Btw how was yalls week? On valentines day i aint have no one so i just wished someone make a time machine so i can have RDR2 already for this very event at midnight release. Love at first sight that will be true. Lol

Edited by damienrayemusic

YouAreWrong

You kno what's worst?

RDR2 final delay is like finally getting diagnosed with a disease that was slowly making your life miserable,but the treatment of that disease will be 9 slow months.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Speaking of buying games in the case still... Is it weird to open up the case and smell the freshness for that first opening? Don't judge me. lol

Edited by Dexter_Morgan

YouAreWrong

I get a boner from doing that.

I still remember opening BloodBorne and Witcher 3..

happygrowls

Speaking of buying games in the case still... Is it weird to open up the case and smell the freshness for that first opening? Don't judge me. lol

Part of the reason I want to re-buy a console for this game. Opening the new, freshly sealed case, that smell.. The game you've waited 8 years for right there. Reading through the instruction manual and the back while it installs.

Nothing beats that.

Cozzi

Sorry i havent been on, dealing with some crazy sh*t personally right now:/ anyway, RDR2 midnight release, anyone?? Thats what i am most hyped for. My dad and I last midnight release we did was for GTA V. I miss those and the hype is like no other for a rockstar game eapecially red dead. Im gonna get a cowboy hat and everything, suit up and stream the event live on facebook. I so look forward to it. Btw how was yalls week? On valentines day i aint have no one so i just wished someone make a time machine so i can have RDR2 already for this very event at midnight release. Love at first sight that will be true. Lol

Holy f*ck dude. I didn't think there was anyone more hype than me for this game. lol I might put on overalls and jeans at the most but if any of yall ever catch me in a cowboy hat, get me to a hospital fast. lol. and im from Bama. lol

Part of the reason I want to re-buy a console for this game. Opening the new, freshly sealed case, that smell.. The game you've waited 8 years for right there. Reading through the instruction manual and the back while it installs.

Nothing beats that.

Aw man I used to love that. Did anyone here play Heavy Rain on PS3? it came with a little origami bird (idt it was a swan) and gave you instructions on folding it so you have something to do while the game installs.

damienrayemusic

Holy f*ck dude. I didn't think there was anyone more hype than me for this game. lol I might put on overalls and jeans at the most but if any of yall ever catch me in a cowboy hat, get me to a hospital fast. lol. and im from Bama. lol

Nothing beats that.

Aw man I used to love that. Did anyone here play Heavy Rain on PS3? it came with a little origami bird (idt it was a swan) and gave you instructions on folding it so you have something to do while the game installs. aha thats why i belong in this forum. My love for Red dead and rockstar is crazy. Even playing through revolver right now again. And yea i legit want a cowboy hat anyways like just to wear it. I love the west and the culture

SuperKitsune

What's up, partner? Long time no read :D I never did a midnight release thing. But if it's one game that deserves it, it's gotta be rdr2. I might do it when de game hits shelves october 25/26th.

damienrayemusic

What's up, partner? Long time no read :D I never did a midnight release thing. But if it's one game that deserves it, it's gotta be rdr2. I might do it when de game hits shelves october 25/26th. ayyeee man!! Im ok. Could be better. Still super hyped for this game though. Ironically havent been thinkin bout it as much or expecting news (time goes faster when i havent been guessing) but yea always good talkin to ya, wanted to check in with everyone and say hi

Hugoat

It's interesting to see how Beyond Good and Evil 2 is being built, fans are helping to develop the game through a program called "Space Monkey". I'm quite curious to see how this will get.

I wonder if some ideas we put here will be seen by Rockstar.

Safari

It's interesting to see how Beyond Good and Evil 2 is being built, fans are helping to develop the game through a program called "Space Monkey". I'm quite curious to see how this will get.

I wonder if some ideas we put here will be seen by Rockstar.

I really hope Ubi doesn't mess this one up it looks like a very creative and potentially good game... as of now.

Zello

I do that all the time

SuperKitsune

What's up, partner? Long time no read :D I never did a midnight release thing. But if it's one game that deserves it, it's gotta be rdr2. I might do it when de game hits shelves october 25/26th.
ayyeee man!! Im ok. Could be better. Still super hyped for this game though. Ironically havent been thinkin bout it as much or expecting news (time goes faster when i havent been guessing) but yea always good talkin to ya, wanted to check in with everyone and say hi

Me neither man, when it's destined to be, we'll get our rdr2 news. And hang in there, three years ago, when I was your age things were also kinda bad for me. You'll get through it.

I do that all the time

As a matter of fact, I'm gonna do that right now. Kingdom Come Deliverance for xbox one came by mail this afternoon.

Yelda

When I was a teenager, everything was on disk. I can hold most of my games in my hands with a little booklet and a map.

Unfortunately, this is hardly the case nowaday.

I will definitely buy RDRII on disk ... i have to hold this game in my hand :D

SuperKitsune

I wish games still had the booklets. When I was a kid, I always had to take a look in the booklet before playing it. Most of them had official concept art too.

VigMarston

Aww right.. I know that feeling all too well. Pre-ordered physical copy of GTA V and got it on release date. As it was installing, I was in awe of those awesome loading artworks and that soft BGM.

Was also checking out that big ass map that came with my copy.. Good times!

Edit: I wish midnight releases were here in my place though..I would be first in line :(

Edited by VigMarston91

TheDon1223

When I was a teenager, everything was on disk. I can hold most of my games in my hands with a little booklet and a map.

Unfortunately, this is hardly the case nowaday.

I will definitely buy RDRII on disk ... i have to hold this game in my hand :D

You used to get "welcome to liberty city" booklets in the box with gta games with parody adverts and introductions to characters.

They did have a booklet for red dead but it was just explaining aspects of gameplay. Not really sure it could have translated to read dead.

But yeah I have bought a few games recently on download, and it's not the same. It's like a book: you need in in your bookcase as a trophy.

Ray_Velcoro

Why are we even play games ? Why are we waiting on RDR 2 so bad ? Soon we all will be old and then dead,,,

Edited by Ray_Velcoro

Jabalous

Why are we even play games ? Why are we waiting on RDR 2 so bad ? Soon we all be old and then dead,,,

Stay clear of nihilism.

Scruffyauto9

Why are we even play games ? Why are we waiting on RDR 2 so bad ? Soon we all will be old and then dead,,,

Life is short, AND it's uncertain. It's not one or the other, it's both. SO... Do what makes you happy, whatever that may be. Don't wait. Go after that job, try out that new hobby, go out with that girl/guy, go climb that mountain, raft that river, take that skydiving lesson. Learn a new language, try a new food, go somewhere you've never been.. for me, that "Somewhere I've never been." will be the world of RDR2. Sure, it may not seem as awesome as a cross-the-world trip to some people, but I don't care, because it makes ME happy, and that's what matters.

Edited by Scruffyauto9

~INDIO~

Jesus Christ this place is depressing these days.

Zello

The only characters that could make a return...

- Dutch

- Bill

- John Marston

- Escuella (Maybe in the background I don't think he will be that relevant).

- Abigail

- Baby Jack (Depends in the timeline).

- Uncle ?

oh and CJ

CJ's great great grandfather

tSTSlIQ.png

He was known as the famous train robber Charles Johnson

Edited by Zello

saintsrow

:^::^: Absolutely perfect timing, after that string of Carpe Diem posts :p

rollschuh2282

:^::^: Absolutely perfect timing, after that string of Carpe Diem posts :p

carpe diem.

the word i learned bc of a great cartoon :lol:

please tell me i´m not the only one who still likes this cartoon :)

Edited by rollschuh2282

saintsrow

Nothing beats that.

"I love the smell of a fresh download..."

OK, you guys, I'm gonna start an Etsy business, making shrink-wrapped empty DVD cases with an extra double dose of long chain polyethylene plastic molecules, so you can download your games and still experience that euphoric "new game smell."

While you're downloading the game, break open the case, and huff a few lungfuls of that sweet, sweet new game aroma.

I'll include links on where to scrape some suitable game artwork from the Internet, and instructions, so you can send it to your local Dollar Pills pharmacy and get a 5x7 inch print, to slide into the clear front pocket, and pretend you have the actual physical game. :p