2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TheOriginalGunslinger

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 2)

RedDeadRenegade

Has anyone mentioned the possibility that this might be Landon Ricketts? This could actually give us a good idea of the time period... which is why they probably didn't show his face.

Please tell me you're kidding

Money Over Bullshit

Has anyone mentioned the possibility that this might be Landon Ricketts? This could actually give us a good idea of the time period... which is why they probably didn't show his face.

No.

Ray_Velcoro

Oh boy this is greenrock type of comment . Ricketts , really ? As far as we know, he wasn´t part of Dutch´s gang and that guy in middle looks good 30 years younger than Ricketts and we´ve been discussed this game take place around 10 years before RDR 1 which is probablly right according Dutch face...

RedDeadRenegade

No.

Why on Earth would it be Landon Ricketts? What would he have to do with the Van Der Linde gang? And why would he be so young?

Safari

No.

How would that be Landon lmao, first off Landon wasn't a bad guy in his younger days in-fact he helped stop the blackwater massacre. Its impossible for that to be Landon based on how he was recognized in America. Also I'm guessing that man in the middle is a part of dutch's gang or at least contributes in a way so he would have to know john... turns out Landon never knew john when john went to Mexico to meet him. Landon was practically a celebrity actually John mentioned to Landon that he remembered reading about him in the news paper when he was young, if Landon joined the gang being as popular as he was John would've had that conversation a long time ago. Just play the game it will all make sense once you play the story.

JC_HUMBLE

The only characters that could make a return...

- Dutch

- Bill

- John Marston

- Escuella (Maybe in the background I don't think he will be that relevant).

- Abigail

- Baby Jack (Depends in the timeline).

- Uncle ?

oh and CJ

Edited by Shinola Gamer

Money Over Bullshit

No.

How would that be Landon lmao, first off Landon wasn't a bad guy in his younger days in-fact he helped stop the blackwater massacre. Its impossible for that to be Landon based on how he was recognized in America. Also I'm guessing that man in the middle is a part of dutch's gang or at least contributes in a way so he would have to know john... turns out Landon never knew john when john went to Mexico to meet him. Landon was practically a celebrity actually John mentioned to Landon that he remembered reading about him in the news paper when he was young, if Landon joined the gang being as popular as he was John would've had that conversation a long time ago. Just play the game it will all make sense once you play the story.

You're right.. how silly of me. Maybe it's Phil Cassidy.. or one of his ancestors??

Dick Justice

I think the guy in the middle is Arthur.

Holland_Hicks

The trailer makes the guy in the middle out to be someone of great significance. However, Rockstar are known to change the camera angles from trailer to final version, so he could be absolutely no one.

NikosUncle

- Dutch

- Bill

- John Marston

- Abigail

- Uncle ?

oh and CJ

wasnt escuella one of the main gang members?

saintsrow

The trailer makes the guy in the middle out to be someone of great significance. However, Rockstar are known to change the camera angles from trailer to final version, so he could be absolutely no one.

I always thought he was the Fire marshal, and he's asking, "Alright, who did this? Somebody playing with matches again?"

Then the cutscene ends, and the mission starts, where you have to track down the serial pyro.

JC_HUMBLE

- Dutch

- Bill

- John Marston

- Abigail

- Uncle ?

oh and CJ

wasnt escuella one of the main gang members?

Yes he was, but he never felt that important to me...

Scruffyauto9

I don't think the mansion is Dutch's. Sure, we see Arthur roping a horse outside in the trailer, but my guess is that the mansion is a heist. For all of GTA V's supposed faults, the one thing I haven't seen someone criticize about the single player campaign are the heists. My guess is it will be a heist, and start with Arthur going in and doing some recon work, Like Michael, after borrowing Harvey Molina's uniform in the FIB heist- if you went that route. (There'll be some missions where you're getting to know the owners, doing some odd jobs as a ranch/farmhand, gaining their trust, and getting the location/combination of the rather large safe, or some such thing.), then you'll do some setups, then the actual heist, which will be a rather brutal, violent affair, and will culminate in the burning of the plantation house. (before which Dutch will hand the bag of money to Arthur, lean back in a chair with one of the now-dead plantation owner's cigars in-hand, and ask Arthur, "I'm trusting you with that. Do you have my back?") The plantation house burning would be used either as a way to hide the evidence, or as a warning to all the people Dutch feels are too well off, "we're coming for you, too.". Maybe both, though I'm not sure.

Edited by Scruffyauto9

luke73tnt

Im tired of f*cking waiting just give us some f*cking details Rockstar why are you such a bitch. Employees at Rockstar why cant you f*cking leak some more sh*t goddamn I want to die I want information f*ck

Safari

I don't think the mansion is Dutch's. Sure, we see Arthur roping a horse outside in the trailer, but my guess is that the mansion is a heist. For all of GTA V's supposed faults, the one thing I haven't seen someone criticize about the single player campaign are the heists. My guess is it will be a heist, and start with Arthur going in and doing some recon work, Like Michael, after borrowing Harvey Molina's uniform in the FIB heist- if you went that route. (There'll be some missions where you're getting to know the owners, doing some odd jobs as a ranch/farmhand, gaining their trust, and getting the location/combination of the rather large safe, or some such thing.), then you'll do some setups, then the actual heist, which will be a rather brutal, violent affair, and will culminate in the burning of the plantation house. (before which Dutch will hand the bag of money to Arthur, lean back in a chair with one of the now-dead plantation owner's cigars in-hand, and ask Arthur, "I'm trusting you with that. Do you have my back?") The plantation house burning would be used either as a way to hide the evidence, or as a warning to all the people Dutch feels are too well off, "we're coming for you, too.". Maybe both, though I'm not sure.

why would they burn down a mansion for a heist its not like lawmen could track DNA, it seems like they are burning it down for there own specific reasons all a fire would do is draw attention thats the last thing a robbery needs. Why I think the mansion is Dutch's is because well number one it said in the local newspaper in armadillo don't quote me be it was something along the lines of them stating dutch's mansion got burned to the grown and dutch was killed inside of it obviously Dutch somehow escaped making the last claim incorrect, also Dutch was known as a wealthy man so a mansion would make sense for dutch to store all his fancy clothing in.

Edited by Safari

Scruffyauto9

why would they burn down a mansion for a heist its not like lawmen could track DNA, it seems like they are burning it down for there own specific reasons all a fire would do is draw attention thats the last thing a robbery needs. Why I think the mansion is Dutch's is because well number one it said in the local newspaper in armadillo don't quote me be it was something along the lines of them stating dutch's mansion got burned to the grown and dutch was killed inside of it obviously Dutch somehow escaped making the last claim incorrect, also Dutch was known as a wealthy man so a mansion would make sense for dutch to store all his fancy clothing in.I respectfully disagree.. It just feels too easy. I cant explain why it does, but it feels too easy, to me.

mombo2811

How??! the guy in the blue shirt is clearly Arthur he is wearing the exact same outfit in the entire trailer

Safari

why would they burn down a mansion for a heist its not like lawmen could track DNA, it seems like they are burning it down for there own specific reasons all a fire would do is draw attention thats the last thing a robbery needs. Why I think the mansion is Dutch's is because well number one it said in the local newspaper in armadillo don't quote me be it was something along the lines of them stating dutch's mansion got burned to the grown and dutch was killed inside of it obviously Dutch somehow escaped making the last claim incorrect, also Dutch was known as a wealthy man so a mansion would make sense for dutch to store all his fancy clothing in.
I respectfully disagree.. It just feels too easy. I cant explain why it does, but it feels too easy, to me.

I mean its not really that easy, yes i believe the reasoning behind the fire will be more complex but its confirmed that mansion is dutch's also everyone expects Arthur to be Dutch's righthand man seeing Arthur retaliate against the gang leader in the end and seeing the insanity take over Dutch would be different and in my opinion would be very awesome. We all have ideas it doesn't hurt to express them :)

Jabalous

Nah, it's Uncle in his prime days.

SuperKitsune

Still don't know what happened to Rufus though..

arno_cat

If you go back to Beecher's Hoppe as Jack, Rufus can still be heard barking in the distance... But he is not there. It's pretty creepy

BUT THE BENZ

the guy in the middle is SETH

SuperKitsune

If you go back to Beecher's Hoppe as Jack, Rufus can still be heard barking in the distance... But he is not there. It's pretty creepy

Really? I never knew that..that's f'ed up, dude.

Jabalous

The whole ranch feels creepy after John, Abigail, Uncle and their dog passed away. It also kinda makes you feel sad by reminding you of being alone after parents pass away. It was a unique event and feeling in a video game.

Edited by Efreet

MostWantedMVP

This is the first game I'm actually excited for this decade. (As well as TLOU 2)

Theres no other title I'm honestly that fussed about compared to Red Dead. I just can't wait to get back into that world on a much bigger scale, I played RDR countless times from 2010 - 2013 whether it was just walking around that map and roleplaying, killing civilians and getting chased by the law.

I think this game will be game of the decade, it's not that far until release if you think about it.

Jabalous

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. V was the last game I was excited about, but I was busy with life during that time and I didn't play it until 2015 on PS4. Now, Redemption II is gonna be a day 1 purchase! Probably even pre-loaded on the system before launch, but you know, a disc with a map is a good thing. Print the map then? Will see...

Edited by Efreet

MostWantedMVP

I never buy digital. Physical all the way. Especially a Rockstar game!

I'm excited for a special edition, hopefully a steelbook or collectors edition.

joshua969

I never buy digital. Physical all the way. Especially a Rockstar game!

I'm excited for a special edition, hopefully a steelbook or collectors edition.

I'm anticipating the special edition so I can switch my pre-order over to that if it has some goodies.

I can't think of any other game I'm more excited for. I was late to the party with RDR, so I missed out on that pre-release hype. I didn't realize it existed until that fall...lol.

arno_cat

Unfortunately I preordered GTA V way before the special editions were announced, and I won't make this mistake again. Also, GTA V is the only game I've ever pre-ordered, and I'll preorder RDR2 too, because Rockstar always delivers on singleplayer

Edited by arno_cat

MostWantedMVP

I'm hoping RDR2's cover art has the embossed/shiny cover Red Dead Redemption GOTY had.

Edited by MostWantedMVP