2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TheOriginalGunslinger

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 2)

TheOriginalGunslinger

Continued from Part 1

On 2/14/2018 at 8:23 PM, Safari said:

On 2/14/2018 at 8:21 PM, Dexter_Morgan said:

I never said anything about sales, companies, blah, blah, blah... lol

I was only replying to the guy who mentioned he didn't want THE ENDING OF THE STORY (LAST MISSION) to be like how it was in GTA V. Where are you getting this sale talk from?

i don't know if your talking to me but I'm just replaying to saints row and explaining what he said what kind of idiotic (just my opinion)Nah, I wasn't talking to you just in general. And saintsrow is a cool dude.

I'm just gonna change the subject because my first original post was replying to that one guy about the ending of the story. I honestly don't know where this sales talk and money stuff came from.

DexMacLeod

I think Saintsrow is pointing out how the business side of making games can sometimes dictate the creative side. I.E. copying GTA V's story might be good for business. Also I think he was being a bit "tongue in cheek" about it.

Edited by DexMacLeod

Spitta_Vercetti

@dexter f*ck are u talking about??? All I said was I hope there is no multiple ending option...just speculation fool but let me chill...I dont want the forum police coming in here Im being too hostile hahaha

Zello

I want multiple endings

Wanted-Branching_1286401805.jpg

Only if they're all written well though

TheOriginalGunslinger

@dexter f*ck are u talking about??? All I said was I hope there is no multiple ending option...just speculation fool but let me chill...I dont want the forum police coming in here Im being too hostile hahaha

Be more specific about it next time then. You should have stated that in the first place. You are correct about being "hostile" though that's for sure. My post wasn't "coming at you" or anything. I just simply stated that I doubt Red Dead Redemption II will have the same or similar ending that was seen in GTA V. No need to get salty... You should learn how to quote too because this isn't Twitter. Just a bit of advice... :)

Edited by Dexter_Morgan

SuperKitsune

I want multiple endings

Wanted-Branching_1286401805.jpg

Only if they're all written well though

Well..given that it's a prequel, it's gonna be more difficult.

Zello

They can do a lot of things just as long as it doesn't screw up RDRs story.

Like Arthur is not going to Kill Dutch or John lol.

"Where dat John Marston fella his name is in my ledgah and he hasn't given meh mah moneh times up. Imma go pay him a visit"

Dick Justice

Fun stat: since the delay, we have already waited 5.5% of the remaining wait.

Spitta_Vercetti

@dexter how about we leave situation alone ok? With all respect.....

PinkertonSpy

So the character next to John marston in the poster shot "magnificent 7" is it Swift or Ross. For me Ross fits with how I see the plot going. Thoughts?

RedDeadRenegade

Looks nothing like Ross or Swift. Probably entirely new character. Ross being there makes no sense, all the other characters in the art have been seen in the trailers and screenshots as part of the gang.

SuperKitsune

Nineteen times more of this sh*t then...

Cozzi

only 21,883,575 more seconds to go!

I think i want to make a twitter bot that posts how many seconds are left until RDR releases every 100 thousand seconds. lol

Edited by Cozzi

Dick Justice

I think i want to make a twitter bot that posts how many seconds are left until RDR releases every 100 thousand seconds. lol

This is fun! That ticker goes down by one million seconds every 11 days.

Cozzi

This is fun! That ticker goes down by one million seconds every 11 days.

yeah i did the math on that the other day when we were about to pass 1,000,000 since the release date was announced. Iv said this before but watching the seconds makes me FEEL more patient. one day is nothing compared to A MILLION SECONDS lol

And for the record, 100,000 seconds is a little over a day. i bother the sh*t out of my friend and message him every day "ITS BEEN ANOTHER 100,000 SECONDS!!" lol

Edited by Cozzi

RedDeadRenegade

Also I very much disagree with the Dutch's mansion theory. It just doesn't jive with the information we already have about how the gang split up. I've been reviewing the info we have from RDR, and it seems like this is what happened:

Dutch brought together all these people to try and be 'social bandits' essentially revolutionaries against what he saw as a corrupt society. Dutch wanted to create a Savage Utopia that promoted individuality and freedom, similar to some of the Native American systems before the Europeans showed up. Some people like Javier and John desperately wanted to believe that they actually made a difference, but deep down they all knew that they were nothing more than thieves and killers. John talks about how Dutch slowly went insane when he realized that his 'revolution' was going nowhere, and that the government was gaining more power than ever. During a raid on a ferry, John says that Dutch 'shot a bunch of people unfair-like' (people like Heidi Mcourt) and that other members of the gang, like Javier, became more brutal just as Dutch did. The raid on the ferry seemed to be the final nail in the coffin, as shortly after Dutch went missing (presumed dead) and the rest of the gang split up.

The reason Dutch looks fancy in the trailers is because they are very obviously modeling him off Brad Pitts portrayal of Jesse James. A lot of the shots in the trailer and screenshots resemble scenes from the movie, and the clothes we see Dutch wearing look almost identical to the movie.

Also just from a logistical stand point the mansion thing makes no sense to me, we're on the run from the law and yet Dutch has a permanent and easily traceable residence? Not to mention credible leaks have said we will have a moving outlaw camp, which you can see in the trailer with Bill and other gang members in the background.

DexMacLeod

Also I very much disagree with the Dutch's mansion theory. It just doesn't jive with the information we already have about how the gang split up. I've been reviewing the info we have from RDR, and it seems like this is what happened:

Dutch brought together all these people to try and be 'social bandits' essentially revolutionaries against what he saw as a corrupt society. Dutch wanted to create a Savage Utopia that promoted individuality and freedom, similar to some of the Native American systems before the Europeans showed up. Some people like Javier and John desperately wanted to believe that they actually made a difference, but deep down they all knew that they were nothing more than thieves and killers. John talks about how Dutch slowly went insane when he realized that his 'revolution' was going nowhere, and that the government was gaining more power than ever. During a raid on a ferry, John says that Dutch 'shot a bunch of people unfair-like' (people like Heidi Mcourt) and that other members of the gang, like Javier, became more brutal just as Dutch did. The raid on the ferry seemed to be the final nail in the coffin, as shortly after Dutch went missing (presumed dead) and the rest of the gang split up.

The reason Dutch looks fancy in the trailers is because they are very obviously modeling him off Brad Pitts portrayal of Jesse James. A lot of the shots in the trailer and screenshots resemble scenes from the movie, and the clothes we see Dutch wearing look almost identical to the movie.

Also just from a logistical stand point the mansion thing makes no sense to me, we're on the run from the law and yet Dutch has a permanent and easily traceable residence? Not to mention credible leaks have said we will have a moving outlaw camp, which you can see in the trailer with Bill and other gang members in the background.

I think it could all fit perfectly with what we know from Redemption. I assume the Ferry Raid botch is either very, very early in the game or even before the game starts and since the mansion burning was in the trailer we can assume that happens pretty early in the game as well which would track with Dutch going missing "shortly after" the ferry. It was also reported that he was presumed dead after having perished in a fire.

Also in the trailer we see Arthur taming a horse at what looks to be the same Mansion which means it's likely where we go through some of the "ranch hand" style tutorial missions and at least some time is spent there. Just because Dutch has access to a mansion doesn't mean he's had it a long time. It could just be where they happen to be staying when the gang decides they've had enough.

As credible as that leak may be the person who wrote it also said that core gameplay ideas were constantly being rejected and they weren't even sure if the studio had gotten past that point when he made his leak.

There's no way that Dutch dressing fancy is nothing but a nod to a Brad Pitt movie. Rockstar wouldn't present him that way for a simple homage unless it fit the character, and dressed like that, Dutch looks like he's embraced materialism.

RedDeadRenegade

I think it could all fit perfectly with what we know from Redemption. I assume the Ferry Raid botch is either very, very early in the game or even before the game starts and since the mansion burning was in the trailer we can assume that happens pretty early in the game as well which would track with Dutch going missing "shortly after" the ferry. It was also reported that he was presumed dead after having perished in a fire.

Also in the trailer we see Arthur taming a horse at what looks to be the same Mansion which means it's likely where we go through some of the "ranch hand" style tutorial missions and at least some time is spent there. Just because Dutch has access to a mansion doesn't mean he's had it a long time. It could just be where they happen to be staying when the gang decides they've had enough.

As credible as that leak may be the person who wrote it also said that core gameplay ideas were constantly being rejected and they weren't even sure if the studio had gotten past that point when he made his leak.

There's no way that Dutch dressing fancy is nothing but a nod to a Brad Pitt movie. Rockstar wouldn't present him that way for a simple homage unless it fit the character, and dressed like that, Dutch looks like he's embraced materialism.

1. We were given the reason the gang split up in RDR. I see no reason to overcomplicate it and add new reasons. It is never, ever implied that the gang 'turned' on Dutch, just that the gang fell apart. If they try and retcon it so that the gang tried to kill him, that will feel really weird and janky. Bill even says that they all wanted John dead, they never mention anything about trying to turn on Dutch

2. The idea that Dutch is just a greedy fraud does a disservice to his character and the themes presented in the original game. It certainly downgrades the gravity of his death scene.

'All my life, all I ever did was fight (for that sweet money and mansions lulz)'

If Dutch is just a greedy Monolopy Man, why doesn't he just exclusively rob banks? He lives in the snowy mountains with an army of disenfranchised Native Americans and built up a fortress. He stockpiled weapons and ammunition. He was building an army, his version of a Savage Utopia. John even comments on this in-game. If all he cared about was money, why go to such lengths? If this is the direction they choose to take the story, I'll be massively disappointed with this game, cause that sounds like some GTA V 'Almighty Dollar' bullsh*t.

3. You're assuming everything we've seen in the trailer happens early in the game? Why? Plenty of Rockstar trailers feature parts from all over the story. It will feel rushed as sh*t if all this happens in the first part of the game, especially because the official synopsis of the game implies that the gang is a major part of the game.

4. You've misunderstood what I'm saying about Dutch's appearance. This game is obviously taking major cues the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, just like GTA V took major cues from Heat, such as Michael resembling Robert De Niro's character. Considering that Dutch was already based partly off Jesse James, it makes sense that they would take inspiration from one of the best movies about him.

TheOriginalGunslinger

@dexter how about we leave situation alone ok? With all respect.....

For sure!

dognuts

Anyone see this? Can you say if it's legit?

Begoo

Anyone see this? Can you say if it's legit?

Its just animation

RedDeadRenegade

We can only hope that RDR 2 will be that good

dognuts

Its just animation

well no sh*t its animated, none of the scenes in the trailers are live action

Safari

Also just from a logistical stand point the mansion thing makes no sense to me, we're on the run from the law and yet Dutch has a permanent and easily traceable residence? Not to mention credible leaks have said were will have a moving outlaw camp, which you can see in the trailer with Bill and other gang members in the background.

it was in a news paper in RDR1 and thats the only mansion we see on fire, also dutch owned a mansion so it seems, Mansion doesn't have to be a camp, that could be a camp that we go to in a particular part of the story but 9/10 times a bigass mansion will never be an outlaw camp something like tents or something else. Yes thats something i thought too Dutch sounds like brad pitt from the movie the assassination of jesse james, I loved that movie and hope im correct about the inspiration of characters.

DexMacLeod

1. We were given the reason the gang split up in RDR. I see no reason to overcomplicate it and add new reasons. It is never, ever implied that the gang 'turned' on Dutch, just that the gang fell apart. If they try and retcon it so that the gang tried to kill him, that will feel really weird and janky. Bill even says that they all wanted John dead, they never mention anything about trying to turn on Dutch

2. The idea that Dutch is just a greedy fraud does a disservice to his character and the themes presented in the original game. It certainly downgrades the gravity of his death scene.

'All my life, all I ever did was fight (for that sweet money and mansions lulz)'

If Dutch is just a greedy Monolopy Man, why doesn't he just exclusively rob banks? He lives in the snowy mountains with an army of disenfranchised Native Americans and built up a fortress. He stockpiled weapons and ammunition. He was building an army, his version of a Savage Utopia. John even comments on this in-game. If all he cared about was money, why go to such lengths? If this is the direction they choose to take the story, I'll be massively disappointed with this game, cause that sounds like some GTA V 'Almighty Dollar' bullsh*t.

3. You're assuming everything we've seen in the trailer happens early in the game? Why? Plenty of Rockstar trailers feature parts from all over the story. It will feel rushed as sh*t if all this happens in the first part of the game, especially because the official synopsis of the game implies that the gang is a major part of the game.

4. You've misunderstood what I'm saying about Dutch's appearance. This game is obviously taking major cues the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, just like GTA V took major cues from Heat, such as Michael resembling Robert De Niro's character. Considering that Dutch was already based partly off Jesse James, it makes sense that they would take inspiration from one of the best movies about him.

1. What would be the point of retelling a story we already know if you're not gonna complicate it? What's the alternative? We just play as a new character who happens to be around as the gang slowly and amicably parts ways?

2. I'm not saying he's JUST a greedy fraud and always has been. I'm saying he had a code, he strayed from it and he paid the price. All that living with Natives stuff came way after the gang breakup, it has nothing to do with why the gang broke up.

Maybe instead of owning up to his mistakes he blamed the system and in his insanity thought it was a good idea to create an army of Natives to destroy it.

3. Because it would be awful, anti-climactic storytelling if the entire game is just a long drawn out retelling of conversations from the first game. I think the gang breaks up early and the bulk of the game is an original story of Arthur starting a new gang while dealing with the fallout of the old one.

4. Yeah, I get what you're saying but the game's story still has to explain why he looks that way. Why the the idealistic, not greedy or materialistic, outlaw leader dresses so much fancier than anyone else in his crew.

JC_HUMBLE

red-dead-redemption-2.jpg?fit=920%2C478

I think the man in the middle is the main antagonist...

Safari

what makes you say this?

Safari

c2t4jwZ.jpg

1oU4EkK.png

Do you guys think they are the same character or just some random, idk personally they both have mustaches but the guy in the teaser image has long strays of hair in the back so idk just want some opinions.

Edited by Safari

Rockstar Vienna

Do you guys think they are the same character or just some random, idk personally they both have mustaches but the guy in the teaser image has long strays of hair in the back so idk just want some opinions.

Nah, I think that's just a random dude who got into trouble with Arthur and Dutch's Gang. Someone pointed out that he might be the guy in the "where's our money" scene too. So maybe not completely random or unimportant but definitely not the bowler hat guy from the artwork imo.

Edited by Rockstar Vienna

JC_HUMBLE

what makes you say this?

I don't know, just seeing him in the middle looks important in the story, it's not a character that we know and is definitely not a protagonist and seeing that is not in the Artwork with the other characters makes me think that. Well is only my opinion...

Edited by Shinola Gamer