1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Thread (Part 2)

Mattoropael

Today was a good day to check in by the looks of it first The Benz now the Hunter what will the mods change next

Any time someone types in Soft Secrets it should change to Wishlist Wanker.
Mainthreadrule.gif

Ladies And Gentlemen, Our Lord and savior! (next dlc, no fake, leak, Q&A subscribe en all this kind of stuff obviously.)

THE ALMIGHTY THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE !

-snip-

Jet version pls?

5a4e24ebc98192a135707349d274baf8.jpg

What do you guys think of the character transfer being disabled? Is it purely because of R* stopping the selling of modded accounts or can it maybe also because of the content future dlc's?

I leave for one day and I come back to see a Thomas the Tank Engine Fan Club. Is this the forum crew equivalent of sh*t posting?

• Like 3

What do you guys think of the character transfer being disabled? Is it purely because of R* stopping the selling of modded accounts or can it maybe also because of the content future dlc's?

probably a combination of both + the fact that I believe the servers for Xbox 360/PS3 will be shut down within the next year. It's been more than 4 years (already?! O.o) then. I do think it is the right move though. It has been so long that most people would have the chance to buy a new console or pc.

​Rockstar is going to focus on the future, perhaps with new dlc, add ons or a brand new game (which I believe is the case), in which you can transfer your characters from the current generation consoles/pc to use in GTA Online 2.0

​*This is my opinion and I have no proof to back any of this up, it just seems really likely to be honest.

Edited by ivarblaauw

The Rockstar Sticklord said that management changes mean that they prefer Order now and with Rdr2 coming out they want to look like they care about the modders, so it probably has to do with starting to give a f*ck now after nearly 4 years...

If you want to get a nastygram from T2i then simply make money from their IP or open them up to 'hot coffee' accusations. Ask chromexmodz, was it?

Transfer closing is all about shutting down account sales and hardly at all about the integrity of the game.

Edited by Gridl0k

probably a combination of both + the fact that I believe the servers for Xbox 360/PS3 will be shut down within the next year. It's been more than 4 years (already?! O.o) then. I do think it is the right move though. It has been so long that most people would have the chance to buy a new console or pc.

​Rockstar is going to focus on the future, perhaps with new dlc, add ons or a brand new game (which I believe is the case), in which you can transfer your characters from the current generation consoles/pc to use in GTA Online 2.0

​*This is my opinion and I have no proof to back any of this up, it just seems really likely to be honest.

its a bit late but i think they closing the transfer door is just another attemp at cleaning the house in preparation for the future, they have been dealing with modded accounts for quite some time now and thats not a good thing when you are in the business of microtransactions.

im sure the end of the transfer would be followed by a very long banhammer sweep.

btw, IV/MP3/RDR are older games and they all still have their online portion, so i dont think it has nothing to do with the closing the ps3/360 servers.

• Like 4

its a bit late but i think they closing the transfer door is just another attemp at cleaning the house in preparation for the future, they have been dealing with modded accounts for quite some time now and thats not a good thing when you are in the business of microtransactions.

im sure the end of the transfer would be followed by a very long banhammer sweep.

btw, IV/MP3/RDR are older games and they all still have their online portion, so i dont think it has nothing to do with the closing the ps3/360 servers.

I'd go full bananas and say we will be able to transfer our accounts from GTA5:Online to the GTA6:Online. And for that purprose they need to remove ability to transfer from Consoles to nextGen/PC.

This won't happen, but I pray that it does.

I'm hoping since they cut LG off, that we can finally start transferring our characters between NG sometime soon. I have a Xbox that I don't want anymore, but I'm stuck with it because of GTA. I'd literally pay R* for the option to swap over to PS4.

That's something I really really wish they would do. But I'm just dreaming.

I'm guessing the next update will be on the 9th of March, or the 14th of March.

I'm guessing the next update will be on the 9th of March, or the 14th of March.

It's generally very rare that Rockstar releases something on a thursday.

But the 14th of March though, that could be a possible date.

Edited by Classique

E1XWfbb.png

I'd go full bananas and say we will be able to transfer our accounts from GTA5:Online to the GTA6:Online. And for that purprose they need to remove ability to transfer from Consoles to nextGen/PC.

im sure thats what they have in mind, i mean we got a 8000 level cap, the only way of reaching such level legit is by allowing us to move from the current version of gtao to gtaVI/gtao 2.0 and beyond.

in that case levels should be more of a badge to show your dedication to the game and for balance reasons, should serve no purpose when it comes to unlocking new content, while giving the OG players some type of perks.

it would be interesting seen how they would handle this game in the future.

They may need to patch the game to end character transfers after the 6th of March. Could use that opportunity to release a content update.

• 1 year later...