1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Thread (Part 2)

Mattoropael

People keep talking about the garage limit like you know something. None of you know. Just stop. It's all bullsh*tting and shark card conspiracy theories.

By that logic, well - the only people who know something are Rockstar themselves. They are the only ones who know what they're capable of.

Unless Rockstar come out and say it's technically impossible, then I wouldn't believe it is. Even then, there's always room for doubt. Companies should be held to a high standard; not have excuses made for them every step of the way.

Unsure if you're saying hardware is the issue or just Rockstar's vision, but either way I'll go in-depth for anyone who needs an explanation.

Vehicles that are stored in a players garage are stored in a database within Rockstar's services. It's essentially a list of vehicles that are tied to your character currently.

So, let's say a call my mechanic and view my list of cars...

1. Car
  2. Car
  3. Car
  4. Car
  5. Bike
  6. Car
  7. Bike
  8. Bike
  9. Car
  10. Car

That list only shows the name of vehicles currently tied, and does not render the vehicle.

When you request the vehicle, it is spawned shortly after. The only vehicle that is rendered is the vehicle you requested, which is actually using up more memory than just displaying some text. You can could have as many garages as you want because you're not going to render all of the vehicles at once, the most you're going to render is the amount within your garage.

Garages and their vehicle limits have nothing to do with memory or engine limitations. It's just Rockstar deciding where to draw the line currently.

Edited by theNGclan

Garages and their vehicle limits have nothing to do with memory or engine limitations. It's just Rockstar deciding where to draw the line currently.

Well, I wasn't saying they did. I'm pro-extra storage. What I was saying is that some people are too quick to speak on Rockstar's behalf and tell people what they're are/aren't capable of.

You can could have as many garages as you want because you're not going to render all of the vehicles at once, the most you're going to render is the amount within your garage.

So theoretically, we're more likely to get several new garages; rather than one big garage/unlimited storage?

Edited by Icantthinkofonew

We're far more likely to get the property limit raised, but it is entirely possible we could get 20 car garages or higher.

Like, crazy example, but let's say a parking garage that can fit 200 cars. In order to keep the performance good, they'd have to design it to be in "hallways" so-to-speak, like various different sections of the garage. When you're in one section, it renders the required vehicles and doesn't render the others.

It's possible, but it's far more likely that we'll get the property limit raised.

It is for technical reasons, at least that it was I was told.

Sure, sure. I know someone who is friends with god. He told me Jesus would arrive this August. But yeah, god delayed it due to technical issues. That person then told me Jesus would arrive September 20th. God delayed it again. Prove me wrong. You can't.

Please, please, you guys from Twitter, stop bullsh*tting. You don't know anything and you never did. There was never an update scheduled for August, it's obvious, August was all about the new race creator, therefor there was never a delay. You pulled 09/20 out of your ass. Apparently 09/13 was too close to the creator contest deadline, so you simply went for the next tuesday.

Oh, yeah, you are all so legit. True. You legitimately never had any "inside information". But although your "sources" are always wrong and you make your assumptions right after something was found in the gamefiles you're still doing the same old silly dance as if you were holding a marksman rifle. "It's not our fault, R* delayed it". Blah blah.

By calling your wrong assumptions "leaks" you do exactly nothing for the community. All you do is helping clickbait youtubers to make a sh*tton of new videos. GG.

• Like 3

If garage space limit is a performance issue, why didnt we get 5 since the beggining of the game?

Why rockstar give us more garage one by one and not 5 since the beggining?

If garage space limit is a performance issue, why didnt we get 5 since the beggining of the game?

Well there is the sharkcard theory: New cars come out and you sell your old cars at a low price. Then some time later a new garage slot comes out and you rebuy your old cars. It basicly a bussines move to drain the players money to sell more cash cards.

We're far more likely to get the property limit raised, but it is entirely possible we could get 20 car garages or higher.

Like, crazy example, but let's say a parking garage that can fit 200 cars. In order to keep the performance good, they'd have to design it to be in "hallways" so-to-speak, like various different sections of the garage. When you're in one section, it renders the required vehicles and doesn't render the others.

It's possible, but it's far more likely that we'll get the property limit raised.

Honestly, i do not think that we will ever get garages with more space then 10. They would have to modell a whole new interior. Also how would it work? If you go one floor up it unloads the cars on the groundfloor and if you go back downstairs it loads them back in. That would cause problems on older and slower PCs. Edited by Black-Dragon96

So today we are waiting for next 2x$'n'RP week or hopefully a promo pic of the next dlc? Do chance for surprise dlc drop today right?

Well I still have hope for 20th...

Edited by Piro

So today we are waiting for next 2x$'n'RP week or hopefully a promo pic of the next dlc? Do chance for surprise dlc drop today right?

Well I still have hope for 20th...

probally just another eventweek Edited by Q45

Probably because you see more than 5 cars on the street on average? Your argument doesn't make any sense, and cars rendered on screen are currently more of an engine issue because the game can only have a specific amount of vehicles loaded at once, and a specific amount of active AIs at once, etc etc.

Rockstar could make a 20 car garage and it'd load everything just fine, but the whole "unlimited garage" concept would require some funny workarounds.

Edited by theNGclan

Probably because you see more than 5 cars on the street on average? Your argument doesn't make any sense, and cars rendered on screen are currently more of an engine issue because the game can only have a specific amount of vehicles loaded at once, and a specific amount of active AIs at once, etc etc.

Rockstar could make a 20 car garage and it'd load everything just fine, but the whole "unlimited garage" concept would require some funny workarounds.

I was taliking about 5 garages , not 5 cars , i dont know what u trying to explain ..

garage space limit seems more a strategy that really a preformance problem.

Edited by Wscratch

I was taliking about 5 garages , not 5 cars , i dont know what u trying to explain ..

garage space limit seems more a strategy that really a preformance problem.

It is more a strategy then a performance problem. There are at max 10 cars per player loaded in at the same time (if you are in your garage), no matter how many garages you own.

Sure, sure. I know someone who is friends with god. He told me Jesus would arrive this August. But yeah, god delayed it due to technical issues. That person then told me Jesus would arrive September 20th. God delayed it again. Prove me wrong. You can't.

Please, please, you guys from Twitter, stop bullsh*tting. You don't know anything and you never did. There was never an update scheduled for August, it's obvious, August was all about the new race creator, therefor there was never a delay. You pulled 09/20 out of your ass. Apparently 09/13 was too close to the creator contest deadline, so you simply went for the next tuesday.

Oh, yeah, you are all so legit. True. You legitimately never had any "inside information". But although your "sources" are always wrong and you make your assumptions right after something was found in the gamefiles you're still doing the same old silly dance as if you were holding a marksman rifle. "It's not our fault, R* delayed it". Blah blah.

By calling your wrong assumptions "leaks" you do exactly nothing for the community. All you do is helping clickbait youtubers to make a sh*tton of new videos. GG.

Don't know what to tell you brother. I got told some info from someone I trust, which ended up being the same info Yan eventually announced. I'm not assuming anything, just relaying information. I never claimed to be a leaker (not seriously anyways) nor do I claim to know anyone on the inside. I am just a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. Oh and btw, I knew all this before any code was found, not that it really matters.

Sorry if I seem to have upset you, I won't post anything about it anymore.

Edited by Mach1bud

Don't know what to tell you brother. I got told some info from someone I trust, which ended up being the same info Yan eventually announced. I'm not assuming anything, just relaying information. I never claimed to be a leaker (not seriously anyways) nor do I claim to know anyone on the inside. I am just a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. Oh and btw, I knew all this before any code was found, not that it really matters.

Don't mind those idiots Mach(and Yan) alot of us appreciate what you're doing, and believe what you're saying

• Like 3

Well here its my first post... I apreciate all the cool guys do. Now i dont reply because i dont want to full the post full of crap as many do here ( retards and trollers).

no one else notice the new camera angles when racing?!.......just me?.

What is new?

Camera angle changing on its own to better suit your position. Pretty sure its not just me being mental!..I mean it could be in my head, but a couple crew noticed same thing. then again, with our crew, could all be cracked .... :)

Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R

What is new?

Camera angle changing on its own to better suit your position. Pretty sure its not just me being mental!..I mean it could be in my head, but a couple crew noticed same thing. then again, with our crew, could all be cracked .... :)

Okay. haven't noticed this, but will check later today

What is new?

Okay. haven't noticed this, but will check later today

pls do, otherwise Ill need to arrange group therapy of some kind...

So anyone saw any discounts or doble rp and money today on gta?

2x$nRP event from last week disappeared but we still have discounts on cargobob/valkyrie. So it looks like tunables have not yet been updated

Edited by Piro

Although last weeks discounts were nice and all, something useful like 2x money and RP contact missions, CEO work, Heists, or anything like that would be really, really nice. What else would be useful in terms of discounts anyway?

• Like 2

It´s just an opinion. Keep on posting what you know. You, Yan, Fun and who ever share with us here in this Thread. A lot of people appreciate it. After everybody can choose if he wants to believe or not. And regarding the Youtubers, where is the problem? If you don´t like them don´t watch them. It is what I do. I don´t spend time on things that I don´t like or spent time hating it, just let it go. My kindly recommendation.

Edited by el carlitos

Anyone notice how in the vehicles section of social club, there's a new option called "Super-Moddable" right under moddable whenever you click on a vehicle? Is this new?

qc1GGUf.png

EDIT: Added a photo of what I'm referring to. I checked all the low riders, Sultan RS, and Banshee. None of them had this option checked off. Checked most of the super cars to and none of them had it checked either.

EDIT2: Mach1bud explains what this is on the next page. It's only checked off on the normal Sultan and Banshee, as they can be modded into Super classed vehicles. Still interesting how they made this option just for 2 vehicles.

Edited by Viper-Venom
  • Like 3

So anyone saw any discounts or doble rp and money today on gta?

2x$nRP event from last week disappeared but we still have discounts on cargobob/valkyrie. So it looks like tunables have not yet been updated

I heard we hace discounts in all cars in legendary sports.