2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gemma_UK

I cannot believe how toxic Rockstar has allowed GTA Online to become!

Gemma_UK

I returned to GTA Online today after being away for a while. I felt a bit poorly so decided to snuggle up and play some GTA. I've been playing pretty much all day. Every single room i went in has lots of those MKII Oppressor's flying around and every single one of them is using the speed glitch. One room i went into had 8 of them in with all of them doing it. It isn't possible to kill them and they fly around terrorizing the rooms. A friend of mine who is a GTA veteran even struggled to kill them as they can outrun everything. Then there are players who abuse passive. I've seen passive abuse before but not on this scale. I sat and watched so many players in vehicles like Buzzard's, Oppressor's, Deluxo's, Tank's and so on, and they would all find the most vulnerable person they could, kill them, then instantly hide in passive before finding the next victim and repeating the whole passive abuse approach over and over. Unable to play the game because of all the toxic cheaters i spent a while following and absurving my GTA veteran friend around while he battled it out with other high rankers. I noticed that every single time he got the upper hand they would all use cheats and glitches against him to win. I lost count at the amount of times they managed to somehow shoot him through buildings and walls. They even manged to shoot us while we were inside my apartment. Then when spying on a bunch of high rankers going at it with the drone i spotted people who were able to fire RPG's without having to reload. They would somehow switch between standard RPG and homing RPG really quickly and this gave them the ability to fire constant barrages of rockets without ever having to reload. Then to top it all off i came across 2 paedophiles trying to hook up with underage girls. 🙄

I managed to capture some of these cheaters by recording the gameplay. I got conclusive video evidence against several players and decided to send it into Rockstar via a support ticket. However, Rockstar didn't seem to care one single bit. They just replied telling me to report them in game (Like i didn't try that and you can only report 1 player at a time) and they closed the case on me. Unhappy with Rockstars reply i opened a second case explaning how i had managed to report some of the people in game but the feature doesn't allow me to report multiple people. There are so many people cheating that i need the feature to allow me to report more than 1 person at a time. Rockstar gave the exact same reply telling me to report people in game and closed the case. Rockstars replies tell me that they don't care about us and they only care about our money and having a high player base. They want as many people playing the game no matter how toxic they may be, even paedophiles!!!

Because of all this i've decided to quit GTA and boycott future Rockstar titles. I got into gaming to have fun and relax. When the community is so toxic it is very frustrating, stressful and just not a fun place to be. I want to relax and enjoy my games, not get frustated and stressed out. That's not good for your health. 

Quinn_flower

I agree but ppl on here will say b and m 

elfoam

I haven't played in months because of the God mod glitch and wont play until it's sorted.

Karami

I definitely agree. This is why I stay in my own lobby or be in a lobby with a very few people. I can’t stand on what it has become, but I still find myself playing for recreational purposes mostly. The part on what you said about the pedos is very disturbing. But yea, most of the lobbies has become a hellhole, but there are a few lobbies that aren’t like that.

You’re probably gonna hate me for saying this, but stuff like this literally can be discussed. Elsewhere.

GoodTimesAhead

All R* sees these days are $$(dollasigns). They don't want to see or deal with the chaotic mess they created here today. This game has an unlimited unforeseeable future (even through RD2) & remains a pure masterpiece. Through thick & thin I have been here from 2013 & still enjoy, simply...D.R.I.V.I.N.G/fly'n & sh!t. Invite only sessions, or toggle your passive switch in public sessions. Game is still fun & very well made. These bad guys in the sky & such,  just spark a challenge that can make you run from the game or become a better creative player that can even one day surprise them.

Edited by GoodTimesAhead
**Who doesn't like car meets?

Gemma_UK
1 hour ago, elfoam said:

I haven't played in months because of the God mod glitch and wont play until it's sorted.

I forgot to mention that one. Met a couple of those.

Smooth Longsack

I put my controller down almost a month ago. My life is better for it. The game has devolved so far and so fast that i can't be asked to put up with it anymore. R* has made it so that even the scrubs can pester me. That oppressor mk2 is almost solely to blame. I shouldn't be forced to use it so i quit.

Don't get me wrong. I still massacre the scrubs on their oppressors but I have to focus solely on these kids on the broom sticks and I'm unable to enjoy most other aspects of the game. I detest oppressor mk2 combat. My kill to death ratio is forever rising but I just don't feel like f*cking around with the stupid oppressor.

/shrugs and turns away

Happy Hunter
1 hour ago, Quinn_flower said:

I agree but ppl on here will say b and m 

It really kind of is though. I know it's annoying, but - I mean, it really is b and m. It's too random. Is it about pedos, griefers, MKII broomsticks, boycotts, quitting the game? Something like the heroic clothing thread - that has a clear direction and purpose.

As for the broomstick, it is awkward, though I have killed off quite a few of them. They take up more of your time than they deserve though, and generally add nothing to the game.

HamwithCheese

Hi, welcome to GTA. Would that be 1 shark card or 5? We have a special on megaladon cards so you can jump start your GTA career only for only $89.99.

TCA
2 hours ago, elfoam said:

Been patched earlier this month.

Mafia Assassin®

I would say you are overreacting when you say you'll not buy any R* game ever, but I understand your frustration.

Do yourself a favor and put this game on the shelf, no need to be stressed by a videogame.

Smooth Longsack
3 minutes ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

I would say you are overreacting when you say you'll not buy any R* game ever,

I can't wait for rdr2!

KingpinRCR

I must be lucky than, I find peacefull lobbies all the time...

elfoam
2 hours ago, TCA said:

Been patched earlier this month.

God mode isn't patched

Black-Dragon96

All I can say is: "Find yourself a nice chilled out crew, that knows how to get a solo public (or in that case crew public) session and is able to keep that session under their controll.".

Its one of the few reason why I did not drop this game after gunrunning.

Big Molio
1 hour ago, KingpinRCR said:

I must be lucky than, I find peacefull lobbies all the time...

I don't think it is as bad as described either.

nido997

I agree that the MKII is a bit OP, even way more OP with the speed glitch...with that beeing said it´s actually easy to take them out with the right strategy (they don´t lock on players on foot so just go out of the car you´re driving or fly in circle in your jet till the MKII noobs finish shooting all the 20 missiles) ,as well as the right tool ( MKII explosive Sniper , Stromberg) ... no Oppressor managed to kill me in my stromberg yet , despite its terrible lock-on range ....

with that beeing said , I still find peaceful lobbies ....

but you have a point , they are many toxic lobbies , if i land in one and have something to sell , i always switch session...

Edited by nido997

Lonely-Martin
6 hours ago, Gemma_UK said:

Then to top it all off i came across 2 paedophiles trying to hook up with underage girls. 🙄

A growing problem across s all of online gaming.

I know this game is an 18, but that means f*ck all. Children should be safe playing a videogame. People should be safe. It's too open and easy to hide.

Other than that, have you not read of all these complaints just growing and growing, especially since 'public only' was introduced?

Game's proper messed up. R* have really allowed so much to thrive by enabling much of what other developers are actually fighting to reduce.

So, which were you? Undermonitised, or a freeloader?

Either way, pay more or piss off, lol. That's the direction now. ;)

Edited by KWF1981
Spelling.

Jimbatron
6 hours ago, Gemma_UK said:

Because of all this i've decided to quit GTA and boycott future Rockstar titles. I got into gaming to have fun and relax. When the community is so toxic it is very frustrating, stressful and just not a fun place to be. I want to relax and enjoy my games, not get frustated and stressed out. That's not good for your health. 

I think the game itself is fundamentally good - as has been discussed elsewhere some mechanics do bring out the worst in the player base. I enjoy it by having friends you can do stuff with and get away from the masses. It's easier if you're into stuff like heist of course and co-op play. I like a bit of freemode, but if it gets annoying I just move on to something else.

R* do need to fix their anti-cheat though, it's really poor. They don't catch a lot of the real culprits, and also sweep up innocents in their faulty ban waves. That's the worst thing about GTAO for me, albeit more of a PC problem.

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

All I can say is: "Find yourself a nice chilled out crew, that knows how to get a solo public (or in that case crew public) session and is able to keep that session under their controll.".

Its one of the few reason why I did not drop this game after gunrunning.

Luckily, old heists did me well and DDH literally saved the game for me. Invite only or bounce for solo public's now.

fatdog
53 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

You probably playing on PC, I find it players base less cancerous, even mixed up with some modders.

Edited by fatdog
grammar

kenmy13999
54 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

Not saying it didn't happen but my first thought was that it is a little exaggerated.. But then again, I've said before that my experience is that people and the game isn't half as bad as some describe it to be 

Edit: ps4 btw 

Edited by kenmy13999

Pocket Fox

If it wasn't for port blocking, solo sessions - I'd have stopped playing GTA:O in 2016.

Halal Cyborg

To avoid making a new thread about this I would like to add that I defended myself using my speedo customs minigun whilst making a delivery from a sticky bomb throwing gimp in a hypercar of some sort and was charged 20k insurance...excuse me rockstar??

you add weapons to defend your delivery missions and then charge you for it??

you shouldn’t pay anything if you’re forced to defend yourself in a sale mission and it’s just a way to stop people making as much money...what if you had multiple attackers???

irish.chr

The only reason I haven't uninstalled this game is because of solo public lobbies.

Big Molio
59 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Not saying it didn't happen but my first thought was that it is a little exaggerated.. But then again, I've said before that my experience is that people and the game isn't half as bad as some describe it to be 

Edit: ps4 btw 

I think the main issue is that most people here are computer savvy so play the game on PC. From the screenshots I have seen here, no doubt the visuals are far superior to consoles, but the trade-off in my experience is that I don't encounter the level of trouble that is reported to exist on the PC version. I'm not saying that there are no trolls, there are, but it isn't half as bad as what some people describe, especially with the level of modding and glitching.

Edited by Big Molio

BlanketGrinder

I have admit I've turned to the dark side and have become a toxic player. After the Opressor, Deluxo and Opressor MK II everything is ruined. Clowns.

Kill or be killed. No more nice guy. Sorry.

MeisterJazz

I can't stomach this game right now tbh. I mean I literally cannot stand this game no more to the point where I almost throw up sometimes from the f*ckery that's occurring in this sh*t. At this point im so over R's lazy asses not dealing with crap that needs to be fixed. I'm over abused glitches, im done with these bugs that they refuse to fix, tired of these lackluster ass dlc's with horrendously long and unnecessarily drawn out drip-feed and lastly im beyond sick of gtao's toxic ass community base. I dont even know what to say anymore because I feel like im being repetitive and negative as f*ck. God bless the people who can still play this hot mess of a game, ya'll are the real mvp's. In my personal opinion, I refuse to even deal with this game until or better yet "IF" they decide to fix all the f*cked up sh*t. 

Lonely-Martin
29 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

I think the main issue is that most people here are computer savvy so play the game on PC. From the screenshots I have seen here, no doubt the visuals are far superior to consoles, but the trade-off in my experience is that I don't encounter the level of trouble that is reported to exist on the PC version. I'm not saying that there are no trolls, there are, but it isn't half as bad as what some people describe, especially with the level of modding and glitching.

We on consoles have our complaints for sure, some of us, lol.

But most any is trumped by the issues on PC. It's unreal how players are at risk there. Public only isn't my thing, but at least I'm not being encouraged to risk my entire account doing so. (And the automated banning part has shown big, quite worrying flaws too, IMO).

But naturally, if they were to allow PC players more lobby choice to reduce that problem, you can be sure I'll make some noise, lol. But yeah, I may lose a few days of crates, those guys caught up in that lose so much without even a chance to ask for help it seems.

Aside the epic graphics there, no BS/insurance are the only things good about PC version of this game, maybe the chat freedom with lobbies too, but that's not for all.