1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Shadowfennekin

The Official B*tch & Moan Thread (Part 3)

KSI_IS_STUPID_
22 minutes ago, Cameron Star said:

I give up on racing in this game. Everyone is constantly slamming into and spinning each other out and not using their freaking brakes. Nobody ever joins my non-contact races.

host it as contact then when people start to join, instantly change it to non contact.

Edited by KSI_IS_STUPID_

Cameron Star
33 minutes ago, KSI_IS_STUPID_ said:

host it as contact then when people start to join, instantly change it to non contact.

Delectably evil!

46 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

How could you stand to play as non-contact? It's unrealistic... 

I don't know how you can stand to play as yes-contact. No one has any concept of braking or clean racing. I don't want to be super paranoid about every car coming up behind me I just want a clean race. I'd keep it to yes-contact for more dynamic racing if everyone wasn't so hyper agressive.

Edited by Cameron Star

luvsthedough
13 hours ago, RyuNova said:

You know what does irritate me? 

How all vehicles are built like tanks, Supercars made of tissue paper and carbon fibre can shake off a crash at over a hundred miles an hour and keep going. What's the point of driving anything else but Supers or Armoured? Supers should be smoking after a single crash for balance. 

Also why do all cars do well off road? What's the point of off roaders when a Supercar can hill climb just as well?

That's why I drive supers and expensive sports cars 99% of the time. The physics and now handling flags makes driving an effing disaster. BTW, I think we will get the Deviant or Tulip, if we're lucky. They want to keep building anticipation for the Schlagen, but they're waiting too long. Morons.

RyuNova
1 hour ago, luvsthedough said:

That's why I drive supers and expensive sports cars 99% of the time. The physics and now handling flags makes driving an effing disaster.

Exactly, driving anything else is pointless.

UncleNiHao
6 hours ago, KSI_IS_STUPID_ said:

are you dying in contact missions?

there is a bug where if you die in a contact mission while in the possession of the widowmaker or the hellbringer you lose all your ammo.

now I don't know if you lose ammo for all your guns but after watching a video I seem to believe that it only occurs with the WM or HB.

Nope, I haven't died in any contact missions since the new weapons came out (don't think I've even done any since then), and even outside of missions I've been careful not to die while holding them after seeing about the ammo loss issues.

C-Money17
7 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

I give up on racing in this game. Everyone is constantly slamming into and spinning each other out and not using their freaking brakes. Nobody ever joins my non-contact races.

Unfortunately, hosting your own races and getting randoms to join can be pretty difficult. I remember even with the last 2x stunt racing event I could never get more than maybe three people to join. I've always found it funny that the game has such a hard time finding people to play with despite my always managing to find a decent-sized lobby via Quick Job. I start my own lobby then end up having to wait upwards of ten minutes to even get a few people to join, then almost immediately leave once they see that "Catchup" is turned off and that I'm a high-level player with "RACE" as his crew tag.

7 hours ago, KSI_IS_STUPID_ said:

That won't work. The instant you invite people the game locks the race type to whatever you had it set to. If you have it set to "Contact" then send out invites, you won't be able to change to "Non-Contact" at the last second.

UncleNiHao

Such a shame stunt races are so deserted now.  I switched to next gen shortly after the stunt race update dropped, back then it was so easy to get into a completely filled lobby during double RP and money weeks.  I went from level 150 to over 400 within a few months just from racing full, double RP lobbies so much.

luvsthedough

Really annoyed that I spent a ton of time playing across two days to make roughly $7.5m in profit and it's 90% that we won't get the Schlagen now. That was my Schlagen fund!

Hécate-II

I'm just discovering the new weekly event. 

XmlaXXY.png

Lonely-Martin
5 hours ago, C-Money17 said:

Unfortunately, hosting your own races and getting randoms to join can be pretty difficult. I remember even with the last 2x stunt racing event I could never get more than maybe three people to join. I've always found it funny that the game has such a hard time finding people to play with despite my always managing to find a decent-sized lobby via Quick Job. I start my own lobby then end up having to wait upwards of ten minutes to even get a few people to join, then almost immediately leave once they see that "Catchup" is turned off and that I'm a high-level player with "RACE" as his crew tag.

That matchmaking is crap.

The first race you host, just run a short 2 lap one with the few that join, then on the next, or third, you should start to see more join. Be quick to open mstchmaking/auto invite straight after selecting a race from the 6 random ones offered. (Don't go back to freemode between).

Been like that for a good year or more unfortunately. Basically, write the first few you host off as less competitive or 'noob pounders' lol.

C-Money17
45 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

That matchmaking is crap.

The first race you host, just run a short 2 lap one with the few that join, then on the next, or third, you should start to see more join. Be quick to open matchmaking/auto invite straight after selecting a race from the 6 random ones offered. (Don't go back to freemode between).

Yeah, this is pretty much what I figured out how to do with a bit of trial and error. I seem to get the best results by doing as follows:

- Always load up a race from a public session (I can never seem to get anyone to join from Invite Only).

- Make sure to have my options for Matchmaking set to "Closed" (having it set to "Open" will most likely just load me into another player's lobby) and to always be the host between matches.

- Once I'm on the lobby screen, immediately set the matchmaking to "Open", choose the race type, hit "Auto-Invite" and then hope for the best.

I'd like to say that this method is a guaranteed way to get people to join, but it's not. Like you said, the matchmaking is trash. However, the game seems to prioritize lobbies with more players, so once you get a few players that stay for the first couple of races or so, more and more people will get funneled in from other races and "On Call". Then, it's smooth sailing from there unless of course you run into the dreaded "Player Perpetually Joining" problem, then it's back to square one.

Edited by C-Money17

Lonely-Martin

@C-Money17. Yeah, that one player stuck on 'joining' is really tedious. Can be frequent on the new arena modes too.

Really do wish R* would clean up a few bits and help players with these little inconsistencies. Nothing like a false start to start our sessions, grrr.

Commander S

Less of a B&M, more just snark, but still:

While the Tulip is on the nicer end of the spectrum when it comes to GTAO DLC cars, I'm still so very tired of R* botching/ignoring the kinds of sports cars I like.

Meanwhile, Playground Games/Turn 10 clearly got the Mitsubishi license renewed/back, because Forza Horizon 4 just added seven great Mitsubishis to the game, including the best (IMO) incarnations of the GTO and Eclipse:

800px-Mitsubishi_Eclipse_front_20080124.jpg

800px-3000gtlev.jpg

And, as always, I can't decide what's worse: R* continuing to ignore certain automotive niches, or the odds that if they did add GTAO versions of the above, they'd wind up badly-designed and with awful-looking sculpts*... :barf:

*I'd love it if, just once, whoever called the shots on the GTAO team got the person(s) who did things like the Fagaloa and Stafford to do a '90s car to the same standard - or get whoever did either the GP1 or the Elegy Retro to do more cars (assuming, of course, I'm not just talking about one person who did all the good cars!).

EkaSwede

So I was about to sell from my Document Forgery during the 2x event since it's a good dollar relatively quick and I headed inside to see there was just one crate not ready yet. Cool, I'll stick around inside until it's ready. Documents are quick to create product, after all. Always nice to check out those NPC animations as they work for a change.

Nice, the last box just materialized and-

BRRRRRIIIIIING! "IT'S LJT YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE FULL REEEEEEEEEE SELL NOW WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR REEEEEEEE!"

It JUST appeared and I was standing in front of the computer! Patience you goddamn dickbag! Could you POSSIBLY get any dumber?

*some time later when selling coke with 4 coke-unique baggers*

EE71207AF9E09B06F5D01258DA3344BD3D5777DB

APPARENTLY HE CAN!

Edited by EkaSwede

Tomtomsengermany

overtime rumble. 3 vs 3.

We are losing the first round. 2 players spectating and what happens? BOTH joining the other Team....f*ck that sh*t. Will never touch it again

Cameron Star
7 hours ago, Commander S said:

And, as always, I can't decide what's worse: R* continuing to ignore certain automotive niches, or the odds that if they did add GTAO versions of the above, they'd wind up badly-designed and with awful-looking sculpts*... :barf:

I'm not into cars really, but I'm sick of soo many cars having nice look fronts but then ugly rears, or the other war around.

I got the Pariah the other day, I like how it looks on the front, but having to look at the back when I'm driving just doesn't satisfy me.

kcole4001
2 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

I'm not into cars really, but I'm sick of soo many cars having nice look fronts but then ugly rears, or the other war around.

I got the Pariah the other day, I like how it looks on the front, but having to look at the back when I'm driving just doesn't satisfy me.

They don't show enough different views on the 2 car sites to judge the cars properly.

I learned that from doing I/E work, some of the cars look good from the front, but are fugly from the rear.

KSI_IS_STUPID_

every other day I boot up GTAO, it always f*cking raining in the game

its really getting on my nerves.

DAMN YOU COCKSTAR I WANT MORE SUN!

irish.chr

HamwithCheese

I just noticed my characters left hand clips through the Holy hellbringer.

Quality.

gtafan26

Some bitching and moaning I need to catch up on

AMHXwd6.gif

I think the NPC driver did that on purpose because Shark Cards

ubTwRK6.gif

Edited by gtafan26