1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The B*tch & Moan Thread (Part 3)

Shadowfennekin
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arrows to Athens

• EkaSwede

• WageWar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ Pfft amateur  

why you shouldn't jump everywhere   

The stages of gtao: 1. Man I kinda wanna play 2. I'm having a time 3. Man f*ck this f*cking game it's f*cking broken why do I keep f*cking playing this I got games that actually treat m

I don't care what the tunabowls say, the Primary Loot RNG for CPH is broken as f*ck, I ALWAYS get strings of the same loot except for the pink diamond of course. Currently stealing my 4th or 5th tequila in a row post-panther. 

The odds of the strings that I see are infinitesimal. 4 tequilas at ~28% iirc = 0.28 ^ 4 = 0.006 or 0.6%, so I should see it happen roughly once every 160 heists. Like f*ck is that true, it happens almost without fail.

I suspect a sh*tty seed but I am an idiot. Fix this sh*t rockstar.

FrugalDangerMan
On 5/21/2021 at 5:08 AM, God-eater said:

So many issues with GTA could be so easily fixed with a simple IQ test before login.

And people who score 100% 100 times unlock the "Login Nogin" T-shirt. 

ilovefreebird

Interesting, didn't know mods would manually edit your posts on this forum. Seems pretty shady... 

I literally said, "Alright guys, get over it" to two users arguing over nothing, then proceeded with my B&M. 

I can understand if their posts got deleted, but kind of a sketchy practice for a mod to edit my post.

20 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

Interesting, didn't know mods would manually edit your posts on this forum. Seems pretty shady... 

I literally said, "Alright guys, get over it" to two users arguing over nothing, then proceeded with my B&M. 

I can understand if their posts got deleted, but kind of a sketchy practice for a mod to edit my post.

Checked this for you (wasn't me, don't worry), a moderator deleted the part that said "Alright guys, get over it" because the discussion that was referring to was hidden by the same mod because it was just nonsensical arguing (and thus that line would no longer make sense). Nothing else was changed and your actual B&M part was kept.

On 5/23/2021 at 6:43 AM, DuhBritishTea said:

R* matchmaking is dedicated at giving me the worst players humanity has ever seen. You sure these aren't monkeys that escaped a lab somehow?

My personal theory is that they're bots programmed in order to make us think GTAO is still popular and attracting new players who play heists, contact missions...etc

Can't prove it but it would explain a lot of things, like how 90% of randos are unable to complete the PostVan PacStand setup without failing 20 times. 

X-Files Newbie Recap: The End & The X-Files Movie | The Mary Sue

Posted (edited)

@Talisman__83 Fair enough. So let the EWO/detonating the sticky at their feet count against the score. Let them earn that score legit rather than killing themselves to fake it. It's a cartoonishly childish tactic, and anyone with a shred of decency couldn’t possibly take any pride in using it. 

Imagine a heavyweight boxing match. Guy 1 starts getting the upper hand. Guy 2 punches himself in the face hard enough to knock himself out. Who would get credited with the win? 

Here's another one. It's 1684. Two guys are duelling. First guy puts his flintlock against his own head and blows his brains out. Will the history books record that he won the duel simply because he didn't die from the second guy's bullet?

There is no sport or competition on earth where one side can just bow out and still claim victory. Tryhards are just gaming the system - essentially using an exploit. I completely understand the ire and frustration that is levelled against them.

Tryhards are called tryhards for a reason. They sure as hell didn't give themselves the name. 

Edit: Did... did you just EWO your own post?!? Jesus f*cking Christ I rest my case. 

Edited by God-eater
AcidRain7744

When your MC has been fighting a group of tryhards for hours... You and the only douche left are still fighting. Then the message pops up, 18 vs 0. Wtf? I didn't kill this guy once? He was definitely better than me, but still...

"Other guy died."

2 hours ago, God-eater said:

Edit: Did... did you just EWO your own post?!? Jesus f*cking Christ I rest my case. 

I deleted it because I didn't think it was worth discussing, that's all.

I wrote it, looked back on it and realised it was folly to even bring it up.

Why does it take an eternity to do anything in this game?

The act of sitting down at a computer, for instance.

Slowly sitting down, then rocking back and forth before deciding to login to the PC.

f*cking hell, take your sweet ass time.

Gunbladelad

The best way Rockstar can cancel out the EWO and killing themselves tactic try-hards love is by setting up every single suicide death as a double-penalty on your K/D rate - in other words, it counts as being killed TWICE by another player - and Rockstar should backdate it to when the game came out.

THAT would sort out the whole EWO / suicide thing in a day.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Gunbladelad said:

The best way Rockstar can cancel out the EWO and killing themselves tactic try-hards love is by setting up every single suicide death as a double-penalty on your K/D rate - in other words, it counts as being killed TWICE by another player - and Rockstar should backdate it to when the game came out.

The point Talisman was making in their now-deleted post was that the tryhards don't care about k/d, only the score (you know, 1-0 lzzzz), so making suicides count against k/d wouldn't stop them EWOing. Hence my reply, which of course now makes little sense. So I was saying make suicides count against their score, which would definitely end the EWO practice. Just register the kill to the last player that damaged them.

Of course, if they didn't care about k/d we wouldn't get these xIlIlIlIlllx rerolls who skip the tutorial, head for Zancudo at rank 1 and start jet griefing until they have a k/d in the hundreds. Then, when you kill them and cut their k/d in half, they delete the account and start over.

Cracks me up every time I see it. Such sad little children, putting stock in an easily-rigged, meaningless stat. At least, I hope it's kids; if it's an adult, that is just so much more pathetic.

Edited by God-eater
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Can't believe I'm about to wade into this, but...

There is no one-size-fits-all fix for the EWO problem. Which for the record I agree is a massive problem. It's plagued the game and made PvP annoying as hell from the start. I think they should do something, but all the simple fixes I've seen proposed have significant problems that need addressing prior to implementation. For instance, if you're going to just reward the kill to the last player to damage them, do you ALWAYS do that? Or how long is the timer? I'd say up to maybe five seconds seems appropriate; beyond that, they very well might be unconnected events. Killing yourself to shake annoying cops or to respawn in a less-terrible map location or just because you're stuck on some bad geometry, or even a pure accident--none of that is the same as killing yourself to avoid dying, even if it happens in the ebb and flow of combat.

Additionally, it doesn't fix the problem that a lot of times players EWO BEFORE you hurt them. In fact that is done probably more often than not, and this fix doesn't address it at all.

Extensive EWO use should be penalized, but I'm not sure that this (or only this) is the way.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

Ok, that cracked me up. 

But you're right, there's no simple solution. R* has made some paltry efforts over the years, like the Passive cooldown & the escalating cost of EWO, but that did little to address it. 

Like every other f*cked up behaviour in this game, all we can do is avoid it. 

1 hour ago, God-eater said:

Ok, that cracked me up. 

But you're right, there's no simple solution. R* has made some paltry efforts over the years, like the Passive cooldown & the escalating cost of EWO, but that did little to address it. 

Like every other f*cked up behaviour in this game, all we can do is avoid it. 

Pretty much! For years now, when I see someone start EWOing nonstop, I just avoid them like crazy. Or I'll dip in off radar, kill them once just because I know it will annoy them, and then avoid them thereafter.  It is really not worth fighting that particular strain of tryhard. I like PvP to some extent and under some circumstances, but they make it seriously unfun.

2021 and players still don't know about weapon swapping to get around reloading.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Now that all Nightclub renovations are on discount, I buy-swapped my nightclub's name 6 times to 'unlock' the t-shirts with the names' logos, just like I did weeks ago with the arcade t-shirts.

Ehhh... it doesn't work that way.

Spoiler

Best Sucker Looney Toons GIFs | Gfycat

Edited by El Cavilldo

When for 15 minutes the entire lobby tries to explain to a kid what he has to do to buy a car... :sui:

• Bruh 3
Notodaysatan
On 1/26/2021 at 6:52 PM, Up2NoGood45 said:

This game is so f*cking bugged.  I try the bunker out of boredom and the first goddamn delivery is bugged.  f*cking stupid bullsh*t and they ignore the problem but they do sh*t like patching the CEO helicopter so you can’t use it to scope the heist.  What a bunch of clowns they have left in charge

Clowns would be an improvement 

Notodaysatan
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Nutduster said:

There is no one-size-fits-all fix for the EWO problem. Which for the record I agree is a massive problem. It's plagued the game and made PvP annoying as hell from the start. I think they should do something, but all the simple fixes I've seen proposed have significant problems that need addressing prior to implementation. For instance, if you're going to just reward the kill to the last player to damage them, do you ALWAYS do that? Or how long is the timer? I'd say up to maybe five seconds seems appropriate; beyond that, they very well might be unconnected events. Killing yourself to shake annoying cops or to respawn in a less-terrible map location or just because you're stuck on some bad geometry, or even a pure accident--none of that is the same as killing yourself to avoid dying, even if it happens in the ebb and flow of combat.

Additionally, it doesn't fix the problem that a lot of times players EWO BEFORE you hurt them. In fact that is done probably more often than not, and this fix doesn't address it at all.

Extensive EWO use should be penalized, but I'm not sure that this (or only this) is the way.

These players are just sad toxic little spoiled brats, they're so pathetic its laughable, nobody cares about K/D anymore, high K/D = low lQ

12 hours ago, Gunbladelad said:

That, or even get rid of the K/D altogether, it doesn't even mean anything these days, anyone can travel through the lobbies on a noob bike and target low level players to raise the K/D it's pointless.

Edited by Notodaysatan
Mistake
TheFroggmann
10 hours ago, SlammerRPM said:

Post Op vans...

Need I say more?

We need the option to buy our delivery vehicles and upgrade them.

This or have the PostOps as they were originally intended, off the radar. 

• Like 3
Unknown Insider

The Worst Anti-Cheat system I have ever seen , if you report a modded account on PS4 as exploit , the anticheat computer wont let you meet that reported account again in any session but they will not ban him even if the account with modded KD , money and rank 

Posted (edited)

Fly high and you're generally OK, in fact you're basically griefing OPMKII kiddies because climbing is not its strong point. Fly invite only and you're definitely ok, but I go with where I am. A jet pilot with actual skill would have annihilated me though. The velum's toughened but still mortal.

Edited by Gridl0k
  • Like 2
MechanicMammal
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AirWolf359 said:

I definitely won't be playing Humane Labs EMP with that Lazer pilot

Oh you reminded me of my EMP heist fail which in turn reminded me of a bitch and moan I have.

I really hate that they nerfed the Hydra's fast dive landing ability. After they made the change I did not realise untill after trying to show off on that setup, I spot my landing point dive straight at it activate VTOL at a very safe height (because it was a heist and I did not want to take unessasary risk) and pull up.

Expecting to come to a fast but gracefull landing like I have a million times before, I was gobsmacked when the plane buried itself into the ground.

Back before the nerf I would use the Hydra like someone would use a Buzzard in freemode but because I can not land like this anymore it is not as convieniant.

And it used to be fun landing like this pushing yourself to hit the VTOL later and later or scaring your friends by diving straight at them and landing in front of them at the last moment in a controlled way.

And in the day it was a good counter for a pursuing dogfighter.

Edited by MechanicMammal