1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The B*tch & Moan Thread (Part 3)

Shadowfennekin

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arrows to Athens

• EkaSwede

• WageWar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ Pfft amateur  

why you shouldn't jump everywhere   

Now that's some straight f*cking bullsh*t right there. 100% scripted.       F*ck you, Sessanta. And f*ck you, game. 

Posted (edited)

I can't believe that Red Dead Online is still going. The thing with persistent open world games like these is that you ultimately have to feed and grow them with ever more new content to keep the game from becoming stale and players becoming disinterested. That can be done in an environment such as GTA where the (almost) contemporary setting means that there are endless vehicles, gadgets, weapons and clothing to draw from, but the old west theme of RDR doesn't really lend itself to years of updates based on what? New horses? Wagons? There isn't that much content from the era to draw from and put in the game.

Edited by Big Molio
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

I can't believe that Red Dead Online is still going. The thing with persistent open world games like these is that you ultimately have to feed and grow them with ever more new content to keep the game from becoming stale and players becoming disinterested. That can be done in an environment such as GTA where the (almost) contemporary setting means that there are endless vehicles, gadgets, weapons and clothing to draw from, but the old west theme of RDR doesn't really lend itself to years of updates based on what? New horses? Wagons? There isn't that much content from the era to draw from and put in the game.

In all honesty, they wouldn't have needed to do that for me - I could happily while away hours and hours just moseying around, taking in the view & playing cowboy. A ton of missions or random encounters would've kept me going for years. Instead, we got a bare bones PvP-fest with microtransactions just friggin' everywhere.

Oh, were you quietly fishing in a beautiful mountain stream? Explosive arrow! Say, that's a fine haul of pelts you've got there. Explosive arrow! Howdy, stranger, could you tell me th- Explosive arrow!

R* really misread the kind of people that love RDR on that one.

But this is not the RDO B&M, so I'll drop it.

Edited by God-eater

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Big Molio said:

I didn't actually play it, so my information is sketchy and secondhand. But it is my strong impression that they went into RDO with a very wrong-headed game plan of basically seeing if they could make it a half-assed GTA Online clone. A friendlier, more exploratory and cooperative experience might have worked better with the tone of the single player game; and the additional content, instead of leaning on weapons, horses, and clothes so much, should have been a constant influx of missions and activities, with a special eye towards fleshing out New Austin and maybe eventually adding Mexico as a full-fledged new playable area.

There is a cool (albeit niche) multiplayer hidden inside RDR2. But despite their success with the single player game, 2021 Rockstar is not the developer to bring it out.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 2

Midnight Ryder
2 hours ago, Big Molio said:

I want to rob stagecoaches, banks and trains and have to escape with my posse. 

I am stunned that hasn't been added yet 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Midnight Ryder said:

I want to rob stagecoaches, banks and trains and have to escape with my posse. 

I am stunned that hasn't been added yet 

It's exactly the kind of stuff they should be adding. Maybe make them like mini-heists that you never have to leave free roam to play. They could drop in new robbery scenarios as the core of new DLCs.

• Like 3

On the topic of being kicked when joining a lobby with only one org or mc. I used to message whoever was the leader to let them know that I was only there to grind like them. But after being ignored and kicked anyway too many times. I no longer try. It's a mild inconvenience going through another loading screen into a new session and hasn't happened for awhile now. I understand they're just trying to protect themselves but surely not kicking like minded players would mean a better chance filling the lobby with other people just wanting to grind money without interruption. Or maybe I'm just being naively optimistic.

7 hours ago, Yosterix said:

On the topic of being kicked when joining a lobby with only one org or mc. I used to message whoever was the leader to let them know that I was only there to grind like them. But after being ignored and kicked anyway too many times. I no longer try. It's a mild inconvenience going through another loading screen into a new session and hasn't happened for awhile now. I understand they're just trying to protect themselves but surely not kicking like minded players would mean a better chance filling the lobby with other people just wanting to grind money without interruption. Or maybe I'm just being naively optimistic.

Yep, you are indeed. As a longtime kicker, I can tell you it's not personal, and no offer of peace will prevent it. The thing is, you just don't want to take the chance that this random is the 1 in 1000 that won't come after you, who isn't making peaceful overtures just to get you to drop your guard - prevention is better than the cure, so to speak. 

I can give you the perfect example. Me and a buddy are in a solo public, doing his sales. A rando drops in, we think, "it's just one guy, we're at the bunker waiting for the product to tick over anyway, let's see what he does". Rando immediately registers as CEO and starts a CEO job (which prevents him from being kicked for the duration of the job). Immediately goes Ghost. When he reappears he's camped on top of a hill outside my friend's bunker, sitting on an Oppressor. Messages us both "hey come on out, I won't shoot". I go Passive (because I'm not a moron) and step out, explosive sniper round goes right thru my intangible body the second I spawn outside. The ground is littered with Prox Mines. We sigh, mutter something about "f*cking randoms", quit out and start a new solo public. The griefer has forced his playstyle on us and forced us to take action.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to play in the environment you describe. I've dropped into low-pop sessions before, where 6 or 7 players are indeed going about their business peacefully, and it's pretty goddamn sweet; but, sooner or later, a few more drop in, then a few more, then inevitably someone kills someone else and that's it - now it's a free-for-all killfest with Opressors and jets dominating the session. I've found the magic number is 12.

To echo @Nutduster above, I'd love friendly lobbies to be a thing. I'd love to see another player and think "ah, a potential ally!" Instead of "ah, sh*t, there's several hours of work down the toilet, better drop whatever I was doing and prepare for the attack".

We won't get that, tho. Not ever. The current model sells Shark Cards like crazy, R* and T2 are rolling in cash because of it, so they will never, ever change it. In fact, it'll only get worse*. RDO is evidence of this, where invite-only or friendly lobbies don't even exist (although both did in the previous RDR), so it's all PvP, all the time. I have no hopes whatsover that the now-mythical GTA VI will be any different, especially now that the people most responsible for the GTA series as we know it are gone (Hauser, Benzies, and - believe it or not - Lazlow).

Anyway, kicking from solo publics will continue to be a thing. You can't really blame them, considering the structure of the game and the sheer toxicity of the playerbase.

* - I remain astounded that Cayo Perico exists in its current form. I can only assume that COVID left T2 undermanned enough that R* was able to sneak it in, because CP has separated the grinders from the griefers forever. I imagine someone got fired over that one. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, God-eater said:

Yep, you are indeed. As a longtime kicker, I can tell you it's not personal, and no offer of peace will prevent it. The thing is, you just don't want to take the chance that this random is the 1 in 1000 that won't come after you, who isn't making peaceful overtures just to get you to drop your guard - prevention is better than the cure, so to speak. 

I can give you the perfect example. Me and a buddy are in a solo public, doing his sales. A rando drops in, we think, "it's just one guy, we're at the bunker waiting for the product to tick over anyway, let's see what he does". Rando immediately registers as CEO and starts a CEO job (which prevents him from being kicked for the duration of the job). Immediately goes Ghost. When he reappears he's camped on top of a hill outside my friend's bunker, sitting on an Oppressor. Messages us both "hey come on out, I won't shoot". I go Passive (because I'm not a moron) and step out, explosive sniper round goes right thru my intangible body the second I spawn outside. The ground is littered with Prox Mines. We sigh, mutter something about "f*cking randoms", quit out and start a new solo public. The griefer has forced his playstyle on us and forced us to take action.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to play in the environment you describe. I've dropped into low-pop sessions before, where 6 or 7 players are indeed going about their business peacefully, and it's pretty goddamn sweet; but, sooner or later, a few more drop in, then a few more, then inevitably someone kills someone else and that's it - now it's a free-for-all killfest with Opressors and jets dominating the session. I've found the magic number is 12.

To echo @Nutduster above, I'd love friendly lobbies to be a thing. I'd love to see another player and think "ah, a potential ally!" Instead of "ah, sh*t, there's several hours of work down the toilet, better drop whatever I was doing and prepare for the attack".

We won't get that, tho. Not ever. The current model sells Shark Cards like crazy, R* and T2 are rolling in cash because of it, so they will never, ever change it. In fact, it'll only get worse*. RDO is evidence of this, where invite-only or friendly lobbies don't even exist (although both did in the previous RDR), so it's all PvP, all the time. I have no hopes whatsover that the now-mythical GTA VI will be any different, especially now that the people most responsible for the GTA series as we know it are gone (Hauser, Benzies, and - believe it or not - Lazlow).

Anyway, kicking from solo publics will continue to be a thing. You can't really blame them, considering the structure of the game and the sheer toxicity of the playerbase.

* - I remain astounded that Cayo Perico exists in its current form. I can only assume that COVID left T2 undermanned enough that R* was able to sneak it in, because CP has separated the grinders from the griefers forever. I imagine someone got fired over that one. 

I knew about the griefers that destroy cargo when the see it, but i fortunately never had one that was waiting just to grief Cargo. And then with all These tactics, like tf is this your Job or what. Those kinde of griefers put way too much time into it. 

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

1 hour ago, Moewe755 said:

... Those kinde of griefers put way too much time into it.

You don't even know the half of it...

I think the biggest threat, even more than one random maybe being a griefer, is the way Rockstar designed matchmaking to work. You've probably noticed that the more people are in your session, the more the game seems to fill it up. I don't think that's coincidence; they have some kind of logic in their matchmaking servers that prioritizes putting players into fuller sessions. So if you're grinding peacefully with 1 to 3 buddies, a random dropping in is not only a potential threat--it could be the guy that tips the lobby over from empty to full, sooner or later. And if that starts to happen, you cede control, because vote-kicking only works when you have the majority of the votes in the session.

Here again, even though I don't like vote-kicking and used to get really grumpy every time it was done to me, I totally understand the thinking behind it. Best to control the environment now than suffer later.

Posted (edited)

Sigh. Special Vehicle Mission - Breakdown Recovery.

Assistant: "They've blocked the roads, you'll have to go off-road to avoid the sh*tstorm of bad guys who will spawn in front of you endlessly and kill you"

Rando Dickhead with Hearing Problem: "I will stay on the road come hell or high water, and will have the sheer cheek to act surprised when I get killed, then I will hit restart and do the exact same thing 7 times until everyone quits".

The one saving grace on these missions is that since they're on double pay, there's almost no wait to get into a new one, so you don't have to tolerate the usual randtard behaviours.

In other words, you can bail the second the mission starts going south, or someone starts screwing around, or crashes the chopper, or leans on the horn for the entire drive, or starts ramming you, or tries to land right in the middle of a swarm of red dots, or runs over teammates, or can't control whatever vehicle they have to drive, or starts being bitchy about who sits where, or doesn't know what to do, or dies repeatedly because they think bullets won't hurt them, or starts hurling explosives around the target, or idles, or drives the wrong way, or holds the target vehicle hostage, or...

F*cking randoms, man. 

Edited by God-eater

@Nutduster yup, that's one of the major things that made me stop playing at the end. Could not even have fun with my friends. And don't tell me "private" or "whatever" session - it's not the same.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nutduster said:

I think the biggest threat, even more than one random maybe being a griefer, is the way Rockstar designed matchmaking to work. You've probably noticed that the more people are in your session, the more the game seems to fill it up. I don't think that's coincidence; they have some kind of logic in their matchmaking servers that prioritizes putting players into fuller sessions. So if you're grinding peacefully with 1 to 3 buddies, a random dropping in is not only a potential threat--it could be the guy that tips the lobby over from empty to full, sooner or later. And if that starts to happen, you cede control, because vote-kicking only works when you have the majority of the votes in the session.

Here again, even though I don't like vote-kicking and used to get really grumpy every time it was done to me, I totally understand the thinking behind it. Best to control the environment now than suffer later.

Also, people often join off their friends list when looking for a lobby.

Midnight Ryder

Has anyone went to the PS store but not received the million? Visited it multiple times and nothing yet.

6 hours ago, Nutduster said:

You've probably noticed that the more people are in your session, the more the game seems to fill it up. I don't think that's coincidence; they have some kind of logic in their matchmaking servers that prioritizes putting players into fuller sessions.

Yep absolutely. 

Watch how quickly a 16 player event fills up once you have 12 people in there. 

Maybe things will improve with E&E, but I won't hold my breath. 

Shadowfennekin

Ass

Aside from the Guido stuff in RDO it sounds like NO new gameplay at f*cking all. Release Cops and Crooks for GTA and Outlaw content for RDO, C*!

• KEKW 1

Smokehush13

Is anyone else on Xbox less enthused to play since they pitched the Nat type glitch? I’m looking forward to the new updates but I feel like I can’t enjoy the game as much without solo public sessions.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Smokehush13 said:

Is anyone else on Xbox less enthused to play since they pitched the Nat type glitch? I’m looking forward to the new updates but I feel like I can’t enjoy the game as much without solo public sessions.

Shut down your businesses & milk the sh*t out of Cayo Perico. Never touch a public session again.

Smokehush13
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, God-eater said:

Shut down your businesses & milk the sh*t out of Cayo Perico. Never touch a public session again.

Oh I’ve already done that for the most part, but it sucks that what it’s come to. But it also seems like a decent amount of the new updates will be free mode based and that just makes it that much worse.

Edited by Smokehush13
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Smokehush13 said:

Oh I’ve already done that for the most part, but it sucks that what it’s come to. But it also seems like a decent amount of the new updates will be free mode based and that just makes it that much worse.

Yeah, I feel ya. I have no intention of rebuying the game come November, so this will very likely be the last update I ever see. On the bright side, I've learned to expect disappoinment from R*, so perhaps this will be my key to escaping Los Santos.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, God-eater said:

And in the end, that is the problem of the environment that R* have encouraged. Overall, I respect your choice to do what you can to protect yourself from the trouble makers.
Unfortunately, the kick function very rarely seems to get used in full lobbies to deal with griefers. Which is a shame, as that's what it's there for.
Personally, I would have preferred if T2 & R* had implemented a subscription service with dedicated servers, rather than this microtransaction filled mess that we have. Maybe that would have been better controlled, or maybe not. AAA Publishers and Developers are not exactly known for caring about the end user experience these days.

• Like 2

We have a release date for E&E but no info about what improvements and enhancements E&E is getting. Do they expect us to pre order something we know nothing about?

Their marketing strategy is weird.

• Like 2

TheFroggmann
5 hours ago, Smokehush13 said:

Solo public lobbies still exist, you just have to have the ability to block clients on your network. Load into a public lobby, block your xbox for 7-10 seconds, unblock and play in peace. 

This is what I do when I get tired of doing CP over and over and do a bunker, night club or the occasional MC sale. 

I used the wireless/wired connection glitch and it works fine. Then I invite my friends in to do work. It does seem that a random will drop in sooner than using the NAT Type glitch.

If I leave the session and come back, randoms will quickly follow. The host changes when I leave and come back.

7 minutes ago, SlammerRPM said:

I used the wireless/wired connection glitch and it works fine. Then I invite my friends in to do work. It does seem that a random will drop in sooner than using the NAT Type glitch.

If I leave the session and come back, randoms will quickly follow. The host changes when I leave and come back.

I use that too for solo publics on Xbox. It usually takes a few tries before it works for me. Loading back into single player and going back online takes a lot of time when it's 3-4 times in a row. I miss the NAT method.

7 hours ago, Smokehush13 said:

Xbox here, playing GTAO since 15 months ago.
As fellow forumers told you, Cayo Perico will make the money flow like crazy. I roll on free-aim lobbies with no problems, even selling my Bunker/Nightclub with other players around.

The thing is, I do this sales for fun, without worrying about the timer or the money. I can choose to change sessions at the moment I get on an unfair fight with a jet griefer or stay to defend my sale if I want to test my PvP skills. If all goes wrong and everything burst in flames, no big deal: a bottle of Sinsimito on my bag worths more than a full Bunker trailer. It's liberating being not afraid to 'lose'.

I used to rage about being steamrolled on freeroam by the usual Nightshark/Lazer/Oppressor/EWO f*ckspawn, but now I just scroll the menu to find which toy to use to (hopefuly) make a decent retaliation. I'm gradually enjoying to engage on fights against WAY more skilled or cheat-diotic griefers just to see how far I can last.

So yeah, once in a while you could try to get your feet dirty on a free-aim lobby doing a business battle or a resupply mission of your favorite business, and be ready to fight with all your El Rubio-sponsored armament as a bonus. 

• Like 2

A couple of very petty Creator B & Ms

Since the release of the Open Wheel race creator, something has happened which has screwed up the Creator prop placement. The X and Y co-ordinates in advanced mode are arse-about-face. So if you want to move a prop left or right along the X axis for example as the yellow arrows show, it will move backwards and forwards instead along the Y axis, and vice-versa. It's really annoying.

Also, I can't believe that they created a "snap" feature which snap-joins track pieces together, but which doesn't actually fit them exactly and leaves a visible seam. This means that you have to manually adjust every single joined piece up or down slightly to get rid of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, No Homing said:

We have a release date for E&E but no info about what improvements and enhancements E&E is getting. Do they expect us to pre order something we know nothing about?

Not weird at all. R* & Take 2 know that we'll gobble up whatever plate of horsesh*t is put in front of us. We're just cattle to them.

• Like 3

dragosani00
On 5/18/2021 at 10:32 AM, God-eater said:

Wonder if his mum knows just how he's wasting her unemlpoyment benefit she used to buy him a shark card with. 😆

Lonely-Martin
13 hours ago, No Homing said:

RDR thought me my lesson. Wait and see, It's not worth the odd perk to pre-order. 🤣

• Like 2