1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The B*tch & Moan Thread (Part 3)

Shadowfennekin
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arrows to Athens

• EkaSwede

• WageWar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ Pfft amateur  

why you shouldn't jump everywhere   

The stages of gtao: 1. Man I kinda wanna play 2. I'm having a time 3. Man f*ck this f*cking game it's f*cking broken why do I keep f*cking playing this I got games that actually treat m

34 minutes ago, No Homing said:

We haven't had double vip work and client jobs in a really longtime :(

Yes, and I/E too.

ilovefreebird
2 hours ago, Nutduster said:

Partly it's because you have to grind through a lot of annoying sh*t with the bunker/research to get them, so a lot of people don't have them and hate (read as: are jealous) that you do.

And partly it's because the explosive sniper can be annoyingly overpowered in certain highly specific situations (though most of the time it's fine).

But MOSTLY it's because every single PvP tryhard warrior has their own personal code they are operating under. Sometimes it's not really a code at all, so much as them sticking to a thing they enjoy or are good at, and avoiding all the things they don't enjoy or are bad at. And as soon as someone else violates that bullsh*t code, they get mad. Same reason I get messages almost every day inviting me to a deathmatch or "1v1 at the beach"--they usually come hot on the heels of me owning their combat-rolling ass with free-aimed Buzzard missiles, and they're just mad that a part of the sandbox they don't like can be used against them effectively. That's all.

People also dislike explosive ammo because it makes obsolete their pretty little Lazers... 🤣

53 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

People also dislike explosive ammo because it makes obsolete their pretty little Lazers... 🤣

I'm sure that is true, though weirdly I've never gotten hate mail for that, even though I pick them off like crazy. I guess those guys mostly accept that they're being buttholes and all's fair in butthole wars.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

I tried a Fully Loaded for the first time tonight. It was in a nearly full lobby, and I was kinda hoping to get griefed but no one even came near me.

So I went ahead and just finished it for $25k. 

7 hours ago, Taterman said:

I tried a Fully Loaded for the first time tonight. It was in a nearly full lobby, and I was kinda hoping to get griefed but no one even came near me.

So I went ahead and just finished it for $25k. 

That will happen. Luckily it's kind of a fun job anyway. If you're looking for a fight, check your lobby for lots of Mk II activity before starting.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:31 AM, Dourvas said:

I am surprised the game sells well. With no new content how they heck so they break records every month? 

It's a very popular game that usually has a 30$ price tag which honestly is a catch, despite what we think now about the game or Rockstar. And it makes more sense that it still sells well given the fact that the last huge AAA blockbuster was in 2018 which made people to look once again at GTA V, Skyrim and so on.

VCPR Official

that the chinese hacker stole my organisation and permaf*cked my game

And of course they'll put the Menacer, Phantom Wedge and the AA Trailer on sale on the week I have to prepare for exams. OF F*CKING COURSE. What else would they put? Man f*ck y'all

dragosani00
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Nutduster said:

That will happen. Luckily it's kind of a fun job anyway. If you're looking for a fight, check your lobby for lots of Mk II activity before starting.

The Mk2 gimps are getting wise to Fully Loaded now. The last 2 times I landed in a lobby full of them flying about causing havoc they all either left the session or avoided me like the plague as soon as I got in the FL Ruiner, who'd have thought they had the capacity for learning stuff like that?

Edited by dragosani00
1 hour ago, dragosani00 said:

The Mk2 gimps are getting wise to Fully Loaded now. The last 2 times I landed in a lobby full of them flying about causing havoc they all either left the session or avoided me like the plague as soon as I got in the FL Ruiner, who'd have thought they had the capacity for learning stuff like that?

Come on, you can't deny it's fun to watch them scatter like tenpins. So precious about one meaningless stat that they'll bail the moment it's threatened by, oh I dunno, any kind of level playing field whatsoever.

Those K/D warriors are all the same: they act like sharks but turn into minnows as soon as the killer whale swims by. 

dragosani00
3 hours ago, God-eater said:

Come on, you can't deny it's fun to watch them scatter like tenpins. So precious about one meaningless stat that they'll bail the moment it's threatened by, oh I dunno, any kind of level playing field whatsoever.

Those K/D warriors are all the same: they act like sharks but turn into minnows as soon as the killer whale swims by. 

Haha that's true.

Talking of KD warriors, I tend to collect griefers in my Xbox friends list. Anyone who (tries to) blow me up unprovoked with a MK2 or anyone I see farming low levels etc get "friended" for future retribution when I have nothing better to do. I have had one guy on there "Bradsidd" for a good 3 months, all he does *ever* is sit in his Kosaka blowing people up with guided missiles. Every single time I have been put in a lobby with him he's tucked his sub next to his yacht at Vespucci (I assume he thinks the yacht air protection will cover him**) and is just blowing randoms up, how little imagination do you have to have to resort to this with everything else that this game gives you to do? He doesn't even seem to have any friends he plays with who can be impressed with his 60something KD score from doing this.

** It doesn't and he always leaves the session immediately after I have blown his sub up, which I do every time I come across him. 😂

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, God-eater said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, sort of, but--what are you expecting them to do? The FL Ruiner would be favored against twenty guys on Mk IIs, let alone one. It's heavily armored (like Nightshark levels) and you can't lock onto it. Trying to "fight" that thing in any other mememobile is just volunteering to die. Its only true competitors are heavily armored vehicles like the aforementioned Nightshark, and maybe a jet in the hands of a really good pilot.

To me, GTA Online's PvP is not really about level playing fields. You'll rarely get that for more than one straight minute. It's about having an edge, and the whole point of using that Ruiner is to have an edge over all the guys who usually have an edge over everyone else. Level playing fields are for "1v1 at the beach" types. But really, that is not what this game is good at anyway because the on-foot shooting mechanics are poor and one-dimensional, players have different health and armor levels as well as various weapons depending on rank and how much grinding they've done, and no part of the map is designed with the careful balance you might see in an arena shooter. GTA combat is simply about finding and pressing advantages. Which is why I recommend Fully Loaded most heartily.  :)

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, dragosani00 said:

he's tucked his sub next to his yacht at Vespucci (I assume he thinks the yacht air protection will cover him**) and is just blowing randoms up, how little imagination do you have to have to resort to this with everything else that this game gives you to do? He doesn't even seem to have any friends he plays with who can be impressed with his 60something KD score from doing this.

** It doesn't and he always leaves the session immediately after I have blown his sub up, which I do every time I come across him. 😂

To be honest, I don't blame the guy. That's precisely what I do, but I specifically target high K/D warriors, not low levels or whatever.

With everything in this game now - orbital cannon, MK2s at every turn, godmode being almost a daily occurrence, multiple methods of going off radar - some being glitches, some legitimate - and with more than half the vehicles in this game having paper-thin armor.. I have no desire to be a sitting duck driving around in a sports car or running around on foot.

I used to love the latter - having AR fights with big groups of people, but that doesn't really exist anymore I'm afraid. 

Also, with a lot of players blowing themselves up without a moment's pause, the only way you're going to kill them is sheer luck or if you take them completely unawares - loading into a lobby in your Kosatka and bombing them. They're not expecting it.

A lot of people care about being killed. K/D is an afterthought - its just something that accumulates over time.

Mine is pretty high but not double digits. I couldn't care less if it was zero though.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, dragosani00 said:

...all he does *ever* is sit in his Kosaka blowing people up with guided missiles.

I do this, but only those on Oppressors and in Jets who are hassling the lobby. Hitting an Oppressor 2 rider as he hovers in the street lining up his shot at the next hapless victim is sweet. Especially if he rage quits immediately ha ha

Posted (edited)

All handguns besides the Heavy Revolver and maybe the Heavy Pistol and Ceramic have neither bark nor bite and feel like toys compared to most casual shooting game even back from V’s era of 2013. They should really add better SFX for all guns and most cars too. Most guns have lackluster sounds but the handguns and SMGs are particularly bad to the point where it’s something I haven’t gotten over in the 8 years I’ve been playing.

Im not expecting them to overhaul shooting mechanics, but adjust the balance of certain guns (buff most pistols, SMG Mk.2, buff certain shotguns like the Bullpup and Heavy). Also add some new stuff like holsters and animations for different holster types, holsters would display your active weapon from the handgun slot. Also just add more classic guns like an M16 with grenade launcher and the cut SP guns, a 40 cal Glock or Hawk and Little. Some new Mk.2 guns would be nice too.. (Deagle, Micro SMG, Combat Shotgun Mk.2 that makes it chrome with option to extend/fold stock.. They should give that to all guns with stocks actually). I’d rather EE bring loads of content over minor graphical improvements but hey, that’s just me.

Edited by AUScowboy
4 hours ago, AUScowboy said:

All handguns besides the Heavy Revolver and maybe the Heavy Pistol and Ceramic have neither bark nor bite and feel like toys compared to most casual shooting game even back from V’s era of 2013. They should really add better SFX for all guns and most cars too. Most guns have lackluster sounds but the handguns and SMGs are particularly bad to the point where it’s something I haven’t gotten over in the 8 years I’ve been playing.

Im not expecting them to overhaul shooting mechanics, but adjust the balance of certain guns (buff most pistols, SMG Mk.2, buff certain shotguns like the Bullpup and Heavy). Also add some new stuff like holsters and animations for different holster types, holsters would display your active weapon from the handgun slot. Also just add more classic guns like an M16 with grenade launcher and the cut SP guns, a 40 cal Glock or Hawk and Little. Some new Mk.2 guns would be nice too.. (Deagle, Micro SMG, Combat Shotgun Mk.2 that makes it chrome with stock folded out). I’d rather EE bring loads of content over minor graphical improvements but hey, that’s just me.

They should also allow you to:

• Change ammo types at will
  • Apply or remove your suppressor freely
  • Switch between scopes

There's no reason why I have to go to my weapon workshop to do these things, it makes no sense

16 hours ago, Nutduster said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, sort of, but--what are you expecting them to do? The FL Ruiner would be favored against twenty guys on Mk IIs, let alone one. It's heavily armored (like Nightshark levels) and you can't lock onto it. Trying to "fight" that thing in any other mememobile is just volunteering to die. Its only true competitors are heavily armored vehicles like the aforementioned Nightshark, and maybe a jet in the hands of a really good pilot.

To me, GTA Online's PvP is not really about level playing fields. You'll rarely get that for more than one straight minute. It's about having an edge, and the whole point of using that Ruiner is to have an edge over all the guys who usually have an edge over everyone else. Level playing fields are for "1v1 at the beach" types. But really, that is not what this game is good at anyway because the on-foot shooting mechanics are poor and one-dimensional, players have different health and armor levels as well as various weapons depending on rank and how much grinding they've done, and no part of the map is designed with the careful balance you might see in an arena shooter. GTA combat is simply about finding and pressing advantages. Which is why I recommend Fully Loaded most heartily.  :)

Oh, I'm totally on board with pressing an advantage - one of my favorite adages is "if you find yourself in a fair fight, you haven't planned your attack properly".

I'm really just highlighting how weird it is to be obsessed with a stat that ultimately has no meaning. With freeroam PvP being the imbalanced sh*tmountain that it is, and considering that there are many ways to register a kill, from Op Mk II to Orb Cannon to Prox Mines to just crashing a chopper you were carting two buddies in, you can't really put any stock in someone's K/D.

Can't tell you how confused and fascinated I am by these K/D Cultists. Bullies who un-bullify themselves the moment someone pulls a bigger gun. Who throw a sticky at their feet to be triggered the nanosecond they think that you might have the drop on them, solely for the purpose of preserving a stat that they know they've rigged. The Ragepocalypse that follows you killing them even once (especially if you did it with the bitchiest, cheapest move you could make. Especially especially if you did that then immediately buggered off to an apartment to giggle & read hate mail). And why the hell do they all dress the same? Like, black tac gear, rebreather, facepaint, red eyes ALWAYS. Is there like a regular meeting where they worked that out? Why is it only ever sniper-dancing or jets?  Like I said, confused and fascinated. 

Here's the thing with me about games: I see no value in killing my opponent - I want to defeat him. I want to beat him when he was at his best, when he knew he was in a fight and it was me who he was in it with. I want to outsmart him, outmanoeuvre him, outshoot him and I want him to be fully capable of doing the same to me. I want the victory to be earned, so that it means something. So that when I get the kill I get that sweet, sweet "f*ck YEAH!" moment that any true gamer is ultimately chasing.*

Rooftop sniping, Op Mk II/Jet griefing, Orbital/Cruise Missile strikes - a Jedi craves not these things. 

I don't think I'll ever understand the K/D Cultists and the griefers. All I can see are players who are denying themselves a true sense of victory. All I can do is pity them.

Incidentally, for those who do love baiting a K/D warrior, I've found the most effective way to shut them down is nothing more complicated than going Passive and just following them around. It drives them f*cking insane. 😂

* - except car bombs. Car bombs are hilarious, and I will never stop doing it.

• YEE 1
VictorVance1239

Been a while since I've been kicked from a session for no reason. Was just in there with like 3 or 4 others minding my business doing some VIP/Terobyte stuff. Ah well.

2 hours ago, VictorVance1239 said:

Been a while since I've been kicked from a session for no reason. Was just in there with like 3 or 4 others minding my business doing some VIP/Terobyte stuff. Ah well.

It's such a beta bitchmade move. If you're not being bothered then you are abusing the kick function and displaying the meager size of your genitals. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

It's such a beta bitchmade move. If you're not being bothered then you are abusing the kick function and displaying the meager size of your genitals. 

That's a naive position. Sure, that one random is just minding their own business... until they're not. Then it's you in a hypervulnerable sales vehicle with a time limit vs endless Op Mk II attacks, or jets, or cruise missiles, or OTR mememobiles, or...

Randoms get kicked out of solo public sessions because of course they do - it's the only way to be sure. It's not personal, it's just business.

What, you expect grinders to just present themselves for execution? To not take an action that totally eliminates the chance of coming under relentless, unstoppable attacks?

To play what I will generously call "fair"? Why should they? The griefers won't.

Edited by God-eater
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, God-eater said:

That's a naive position. Sure, that one random is just minding their own business... until they're not. Then it's you in a hypervulnerable sales vehicle with a time limit vs endless Op Mk II attacks, or jets, or cruise missiles, or OTR mememobiles, or...

Randoms get kicked out of solo public sessions because of course they do - it's the only way to be sure. It's not personal, it's just business.

What, you expect grinders to just present themselves for execution? To not take an action that totally eliminates the chance of coming under relentless, unstoppable attacks?

To play what I will generously call "fair"? Why should they? The griefers won't.

That's all true, but it's also a succinct illustration of how this game is toxicity all the way down. In order to protect themselves from being unfairly (but correctly, according to the game design) attacked, they will boot innocent randoms from lobbies they should have every right to be in. The irony of it is how these grinders, who probably berate others for griefing every time they get attacked, are turning around and essentially soft-griefing others--annoying them for their own pleasure, though it's not such a direct cause-and-effect as with a true griefer.

One good thing about Cayo Perico is that the most serious grinders are now doing it rather than free roam businesses, anyway. Leaving free roam to be, most of the time, just the unmanaged cesspool that Rockstar apparently intends. I definitely don't miss the days of having to lobby-hop three times in a row to find a session I wasn't going to get kicked out of.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

innocent randoms

No such animal.

"There are no innocent bystanders. What are they doing there in the first place?"

- William S. Burroughs

In the way they (stupidly) intend destroying product is thing, kicking is also a thing. As long as you support destroying cargo, you also have to be ok with being kicked. 

It's so easy to destroy product, you can do it accidentally, its not fun. Its like attacking a B-11, its so easy to destroy, and is no way a threat, I don't even bother shooting at them. 

Most things are unfun about the game because of in game currency being involved. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xiled said:

In the way they (stupidly) intend destroying product is thing, kicking is also a thing. As long as you support destroying cargo, you also have to be ok with being kicked. 

That wasn't the intention of the kick mechanism, as evidenced by the "behave yourself" warning you get when someone votes to kick you. It's meant as punishment meted out by your fellow players, not an aggressive, proactive act of self-protection. But this is pointless to quibble over anyway; it is what it is, and as with many other things Rockstar shows no interest in addressing the ways it has been abused. And honestly I wouldn't want them to, since free roam is such a giant mess. At this point we are finding our own ways to live with it, because they can't be bothered to provide better ones.

Edited by Nutduster

@Nutduster - sorry to keep rebutting you. Try to take it as me thinking what you have to say is worth considering and engaging over.

Anyway, there are a lot of things in GTA that aren't used "as intended". The OP Mk II was "intended" as a Sale killer, but we use it for endless griefing. Passive mode wasn't "intended" as a combat tactic, but (back before the changes) we used it for endless griefing. The Creator wasn't "intended" to build 765,835 variations "$$$1000000 + 1000000RP subscribe to my YT" sh*tfests that we use for endless griefing, but we did. Public Freeroam wasn't "intended" to devolve into an unlimited-class, neverending deathmatch cesspit that we use only for endless griefing, but we did that too. 

Kick voting out of solo publics is just a drop in the ocean, and considering the very real and valid reasons it happens, it's hardly the most heinous act. I did it without hesitation or so much as a flicker of remorse back in the grinding days, and wouldn't do more than sigh and reload if it happened to me today.

R* didn't f*ck this game up half as much as the playerbase did. They just gave us the tools; we're the ones who decided to behave like cunts.

Kick away, I say.

Posted (edited)

You're not really rebutting me; I basically said the same thing at the end of my previous post. I could quibble over some of what you said (e.g. I don't think the Mk II was intended for any one specific purpose; they knew exactly how we would use it and were more than happy to add it anyway in order to drive shark card sales). I agree with most of it (e.g. passive mode, which was basically intolerable in its first and second incarnations, thanks to griefers and trolls using it more than actually passive players). But in the end, we have to take the tools they give us and make the game as playable as possible, in our own ways.

I still think kicking is a pointlessly hostile move on the part of supposedly peaceful players. If one random drops into your "private public" session, you could always message them and ask them to keep the peace, or invite them to your org, even. But that's what I PERSONALLY think; I'm not proposing that it's some kind of game etiquette. The tool is there and people are gonna use it how they're gonna use it, and I fully understand why they do. One time I was in a lobby with only a friend of mine and we decided to go sell two high-end cars from my warehouse. By the time we modded the cars and got outside, a random had spawned in, ghost org'ed, and flown a jet from god knows where to blow us both up. If I'd realized he was even in our session, would I have kicked him? Probably not. I like to take my chances and ride the chaos. But you only need that to happen a time or two to understand why players are so defensive.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 3

@Nutduster yeah, I think you & I are fairly sympatico in our views. I just don't see kicking as "pointlessly hostile" - it's a defensive tactic.  I like to play the way I like, and I don't like other players being able to force their playstyle on me without any agreement on my part. This is the entire reason that RDRO drove me away after a week - no invite or friendly lobbies, thus I could never, ever just do my thing; some asshole could just wander along at any time and disrupt what I'm doing.

Same for all the crap locked to public in GTA. I didn't even get into the businesses at first, as I saw them for what they were: rigged time & money sinks designed to drive shark card sales. Once I learned about NAT-test solo publics, I was all in and the money flowed like wine. Which is how I wanted to play - quietly grinding away in a PvE environment with trusted friends. You know, instead of being driven to tooth-gnashing frustration because a Post-Op van is no match for a Lazer.

Anyway, I maintain that kicking is a tactic to be utilised like any other. It's just a really f*cking good one, to the point where you don't even need the others. 

Each to their own, of course (which is kind of my entire point); if you want the chaos, I wouldn't dream of stopping you or trying to convince you you're not within your rights. Personally, when I'm grinding, I'm grinding, and I want that to be as efficient and lucrative as possible. If I want PvP, let that be a conscious choice I make.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, God-eater said:

@Nutduster yeah, I think you & I are fairly sympatico in our views. I just don't see kicking as "pointlessly hostile" - it's a defensive tactic.  I like to play the way I like, and I don't like other players being able to force their playstyle on me without any agreement on my part. This is the entire reason that RDRO drove me away after a week - no invite or friendly lobbies, thus I could never, ever just do my thing; some asshole could just wander along at any time and disrupt what I'm doing.

We are definitely not miles apart on everything. In fact the reason I didn't even start playing RDRO was the fear that it was going to be just like GTA Online, and that is not what I want from Red Dead--the single player experience is so quiet and contemplative, and my limited experiences with the original Red Dead multiplayer as well as with GTA Online told me to expect a forced-PvP clusterf*ck.

Also should be said that I have advocated from day 1 through the present for Rockstar to add friendly lobbies to GTA. I don't understand why it wasn't a thing. I don't understand why they insist on funneling players into this chaotic experience where you can be attacked at any time by anyone. I sometimes LIKE that experience--but other times I just want to goof off, without limiting my lobby to just my friends or precluding us from a lot of the content that you can't do in invite-only. So fundamentally we agree--you SHOULD be allowed to avoid the madness and enjoy a more peaceful version of the game.

Where we part ways, I think, is in deciding what that means for our gameplay and choices. I basically feel like the game is what it is, by design and on purpose; and my $65 purchase gives me a substantially smaller say in that than Rockstar's multi-million dollar investment. To some extent then, I feel like if I can't make the game meet my expectations halfway, I should probably not play it. (In fact I did just that for almost two years, taking a long break when I got sick of the anarchy, glitches, and toxicity.) Imposing my own expectations on other players when they are really playing the game pretty much as intended is a bridge too far for me. I think that they're a bunch of assholes, but the game was designed as a kingdom for assholes explicitly. So who am I to chew them out for it?

And I don't vote kick other players either, but even if I was going to (there are certainly other exploits I use at times, like teleporting to my facility to escape particularly aggro idiots), what I wouldn't feel comfortable doing is claiming some kind of moral high ground. In the end, I feel like: if you're going to do things against the intended gameplay, knowingly, EVEN IF you're doing it to avoid toxicity and enjoy the game more, you are still doing something wrong (in a gaming sense). You're using exploits or cheats to craft a more enjoyable experience for yourself, contra the intention and design of the game. And by all means do so if you feel you need to, but then you are forfeiting the right to get on a soapbox and lecture others about the ways they are also abusing the game. In short: either GTA is a chaos-sphere where you can do whatever you want to have the experience you want, rules and etiquette be damned, or it's something more civilized than that. I just don't see the civility in tossing people out of public lobbies blindly. But I do see the necessity of it, sometimes.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

I only report and kick anybody who is exploiting a god-mode cheat, and I have seen a few even on XBOX. 

f*ck those guys. I can take having my arse handed to me by griefers using the in-game weapons, tools and tactics available to all, but when they rock up with invincibility, then that makes me mad.

PS - talking of XBOX, GTAO is down for us at the minute.

Edited by Big Molio
  • Like 1

@Nutduster agreed; although I hope I didn't give the impression of any moral high ground or telling others how to play. I might think they're dicks, but unfortunately they have the right (speaking strictly legally there) and the means to be dicks if they want. Of course, I have the means to avoid them completely, so I do. I also know solo public is an exploit - probably the only one that I heartily promote - but if R* was going to bust me for it, they'd have done it by now. 

Agree 100% on RDRO. Such a pity. Such a f*cking waste. It could've been an awesome & potentially GTA-rivalling experience, but all Take 2 cares about is funnelling us towards MTX; gameplay, engagement & entertainment be damned. I've said it before - we're just cattle to them.

I do enjoy a robust debate, tho, so looking forward to our next one 😎

• Like 2