1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• damienrayemusic

• joshua969

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so how much horse bonding unlocks this skill ?

2 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

IGN guy said he shot someone in the gut, then carried them off into the forest and ended up covered in their blood

This is correct, the NPCs will even react in disgust because of all the blood on Arthur. Wether it be human or animal blood..

but when I sold the meat at the butcher and strolled through the streets in the jacket still a lot of blood-stained animal, I aroused genuine terror and disgust.

https://www.gry-online.pl/S022.asp?ID=12956

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Getzmunney said:

Yes its confirmed, Arthur even followed with a witty remark saying something like..."now dont be going telling people bout' this ya hear?"

Also @Reno_ Arthur saw the guy later on in town and the guy said "hey, thats the guy who saved me".. Then sent Arthur into the gun shop for a free pistol on his charge.

1 minute ago, vKing said:

This is correct, the NPCs will even react in disgust because of all the blood on Arthur. Wether it be human or animal blood..

but when I sold the meat at the butcher and strolled through the streets in the jacket still a lot of blood-stained animal, I aroused genuine terror and disgust.

https://www.gry-online.pl/S022.asp?ID=12956

I hope mothers will cover the eyes of their children if they see Arthur and other things like that. Nothing will surprise me from this game anymore.

• Like 3

So I'm playing red dead today and I came opon something that was really interesting to me..I could be going completely bonkers,lol...but,is it just me,or does the Indian on the  Serendipity sound just like Dutch on Red Dead 2?Like I said,I could be going  complety nuts,but tell me what you guys think.To me the original dutch doesn't sound like the one we've seen from the Rdr 2 trailers

Edited by Locked and loaded
Mis spelling
  • Like 1

I'm definitely going to end up playing good or bad depending on the situation and my mood I'm sure. Originally I had planned, like most, to just play all good or all bad and then a new playthrough the other way. Now I feel that won't be the case. I forsee a lot of:

Woman: You killed my brother you sick sonofa-

¤ punched in the neck ¤

Man (presumably her husband): Hey! You can't do th-

¤ shot in the stomach ¤

Me: ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM?

¤ continues walking shirtless and dirty as hell through town ¤

Edited by MC_HaMMaSTiX
1 minute ago, jdv95 said:

i wonder how in depth the newspapers will be.

1 of the things i liked the most in the first game was reading the  newspaper and discover these little articles that helped build the world.

About the same according to previews. They make mention of major story beats as well as stranger missions too like the woman paleontologist. You can flip the paper over for more stories and ads.

• Like 2
Just now, Locked and loaded said:

So I'm playing red dead today and I came opon something that was really interesting to me..I could be going completely bonkers,lol...but,is it just me,or does the Indian on serendipity sound just like Dutch on Red Dead 2?Like I said,I could be going g nuts,but tell me what you guys think.

If you mean Nastas, then yes, they are in fact the same actor. I found that out on this forum back in Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation or there-abouts

9 minutes ago, DGSimo said:

The fact Wanted Posters and Bounties aren't all bandits and the same old thing is exciting. They can play out as your own little side stories and the interaction system really does change things.

The snake oil salesman bounty was wonderful and hilarious to hear about. lol

Source? That sounds awesome.

My encounter with the snake oil man will probably go differently as I'm more of a "shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more, and then when everyone's dead try to ask a question or two" kinda guy

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

If you mean Nastas, then yes, they are in fact the same actor. I found that out on this forum back in Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation or there-abouts

Yes..that's him..OK thanks,lol,I figured I was just going nuts,lol

3 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I believe that was Red Dead 2'O'Clock

2 minutes ago, MC_HaMMaSTiX said:

Gracias! I haven't listened to them yet, omw to now.

It was. This is how it went...

The Bounty described by the RD O'Clock guys is a Wanted poster for a man who's literally a snake oil salesman. They go to where he was last spotted and searched around to finally find him. They used the interaction system to greet the salesman and tried to get info from him confirming who he was but he kept deflecting. They then had Arthur talk about his ailing "grandmother" and if only there was an elixir to save her...the man relents and offers one of his "tonics" to which Arthur confronts him that the jig is up and he's off to face the law. The salesman refuses and jumps in the ravine. Arthur fishes him out but the salesman dives back in and the rapids carry him down river.

You're then running alongside the river trying to capture him and using the lasso to catch and pull him out. Arthur hogties him and you can either throw him on the horse or loot him, to which he aptly responds to the like of...

"Oh great, not only have you hog tied me  and taking me against my will but now you're adding insult to injury and robbing me too?!"

They then ride back to town to turn the salesman in and along the way he kept jabbering on about his innocence to which the player promptly used L2 and Circle to knock the salesman out. They then used the same combo to wake him up when they got to town and the salesman responded "that ride seemed swift but for some reason I kept blacking out..."

LOL

It begs the question to me, "what if I had just shot the man in the leg"

Oh man, wouldn't it be something if he bled out before I could get him back to town

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, DGSimo said:

It was. This is how it went...

The Bounty described by the RD O'Clock guys is a Wanted poster for a man who's literally a snake oil salesman. They go to where he was last spotted and searched around to finally find him. They used the interaction system to greet the salesman and tried to get info from him confirming who he was but he kept deflecting. They then had Arthur talk about his ailing "grandmother" and if only there was an elixir to save her...the man relents and offers one of his "tonics" to which Arthur confronts him that the jig is up and he's off to face the law. The salesman refuses and jumps in the ravine. Arthur fishes him out but the salesman dives back in and the rapids carry him down river.

You're then running alongside the river trying to capture him and using the lasso to catch and pull him out. Arthur hogties him and you can either throw him on the horse or loot him, to which he aptly responds to the like of...

"Oh great, not only have you hog tied me  and taking me against my will but now you're adding insult to injury and robbing me too?!"

They then ride back to town to turn the salesman in and along the way he kept jabbering on about his innocence to which the player promptly used L2 and Circle to knock the salesman out. They then used the same combo to wake him up when they got to town and the salesman responded "that ride seemed swift but for some reason I kept blacking out..."

LOL

is that salesman west dickens by any chance? 

seems like the exact kind of trouble he would find himself in,not to mention that the salesman is wanted and sells dubious tonics.

It seems that the consensus amongst previewers is that the game mechanics are so organic that the world continues to live around you no matter what.

-Side-Missions blur into everyday activities and don't feel like a mission/quest, they just feel natural.

-AI is very intelligent to the point that individual NPC's remember you and your gang for the right and the wrong reasons.

-Making conversation with NPC's isn't just a general string of phrases, you interact with them based on what you or they are doing at that time.

-Horse AI, just Horse AI!

Just these things alone blows my mind. I don't know if i can trust this information or if it's just pre-release hype from the press, coz they're excited to get their hands on the game before everyone else.

Ok, so you guys know about the catalogues that will be present in the different stores right? According to IGN this is how it kind of looked like when Arthur was thumbing trough the gun catalogue to browse the different weapons. He was pointing at each gun very reminiscent of how Cole in LA Noire points at different things when investigating notes and what-not. There were no menus.

Spoiler

0iklW85.png

553816-l-a-noire-the-complete-edition-wi

In a different preview there was also mention of a diary where Arthur can read about the people and animals he has come across. (Probably more stuff too) It reminded me of La Noire right away.

The key R1 is, it devolves to the use of different objects, fortifying our bandana through our diary in which we will find various information on animals and characters who have crossed our path.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/preview/925552/red-dead-redemption-2-et-pour-quelques-pixels-de-plus.htm

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by vKing
gotta go fast
23 minutes ago, Locked and loaded said:

So I'm playing red dead today and I came opon something that was really interesting to me..I could be going completely bonkers,lol...but,is it just me,or does the Indian on the  Serendipity sound just like Dutch on Red Dead 2?Like I said,I could be going  complety nuts,but tell me what you guys think.To me the original dutch doesn't sound like the one we've seen from the Rdr 2 trailers

It’s the same actor for Dutch in RDR 2 and 1, he also voiced Nastas

• Like 2

To touch back on the horse killing thing, I imagine you simply won't be able to aim and shoot at your horse, if you aim at it then Arthur won't shoot. If you throw a stick of dynamite at your horse's feet, that will probably still kill it, because "of course, why wouldn't it?"

6 minutes ago, Riverstone said:

I heard mention that Arthur can strike a match on his cheek. I wonder if you can strike a match on other things like posts or even other people's cheeks ?

I read that he can strike a match with the underside of his boot. He did this on the dynamite mission where Bill gets blamed for it not exploding. Apparently Arthur did that motion super fast and smooth and the guy playing said that if he had blinked in that second he would've missed seeing it.

But on the cheek? Well, that would be impressive indeed.

Edited by vKing
  • Like 6