1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

RougeBandit

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshua969

• damienrayemusic

2 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

I'm aware.

But Cochinay, Dutch's home, is in the game, and Beecher's Hope, Marston's home, is in the game.   

Please let me know why those places would be included if R* wasn't including them to tie up loose ends. 

For the same reason they don't reference gta San Andreas alot in gta v, just because they're set in the same place doesn't mean they're gonna be focused on the same things

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

What an idiot lol, I'm convinced these are kids who have no idea who R* are.

looked through his tweet, dude loves gta online, retweets those sh*te youtubers ( who i pray to f*cking god dont infest rdr2) and loves fortnite

all there is to say tbh!

atleast we know RDR2 won't get the attention of the gta online users because it won't have shiny flashy cars and death bikes for them lol

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

MtsU9iJ.png

just saw the worst take of all time on twitter

RDR is, by far, the best game from R*, and the only one that's not overrated, like most of the GTA series, L.A Noire, etc

6 minutes ago, JordanDFC17 said:

For the same reason they don't reference gta San Andreas alot in gta v, just because they're set in the same place doesn't mean they're gonna be focused on the same things

Exactly! He doesn't seem to get it though...

7 minutes ago, Emmi said:

They deliver in Belgium. Where did you order "the art of rdr2" though?

41 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

41 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

MtsU9iJ.png

He’s gonna be so disappointed lol....These GTA fanboys can’t stop this Hype Train...what’s wrong with them?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Wavybone216
  • Like 3

I was thinking of how they could implement some old characters from RDR into RDR2. What if we can interact and maybe even do missions for some old characters like Seth, Nigel West Dickens or smaller characters like Nastas but only in multiplayer? R* likes bringing characters back from previous games in GTA Online and I think many fans of RDR would love to play with these characters again. It could also help convince some players who prefer singleplayer to give multiplayer a chance and it would also help with the story of RDR2 not be too dependent on the characters from the previous game (with the exception of essential characters like Dutch of course). They could even do something similar to when you first die in GTA Online and the leader of the epsilon cult, Chris Formage, brings you back to life but instead of Chris, we get The Stranger. (That last part may be a stretch)

Edited by Reno_

26 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

I was thinking of how they could implement some old characters from RDR into RDR2. What if we can interact and maybe even do missions for some old characters like Seth, Nigel West Dickens or smaller characters like Nastas but only in multiplayer? R* likes bringing characters back from previous games in GTA Online and I think many fans of RDR would love to play with these characters again. It could also help convince some players who prefer singleplayer to give multiplayer a chance and it would also help with the story of RDR2 not be too dependent on the characters from the previous game (with the exception of essential characters like Dutch of course). They could even do something similar to when you first die in GTA Online and the leader of the epsilon cult, Chris Formage, brings you back to life but instead of Chris, we get The Stranger. (That last part may be a stretch)

Tbh I think R* made a mistake by implementing some kind of story in GTA O. SP suffered from it. I think the wiser thing is to basically have fun content in multiplayer without story. Multiplayer is meant to be enjoyed with friends. I don't think it requires a story or dialogues. The SP would suffer in that case. 

Edited by TheSantader25

TheOriginalGunslinger
1 hour ago, happygrowls said:

MtsU9iJ.png

This person must have got smacked all the time in Free Roam and other game modes and the depression sank in after all these years that he’s just (to put it simply) trash at Red Dead. Poor fella.

He prefers flying vehicles with rockets on them?

Sorry if I’m stealing this from some of you all but I think it’s fitting in this situation...

Lol, ok...

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Emmi said:

So the entire Red Dead Redemption II experience will cost me no less than EUR 165.00, which includes the following:

- Red Dead Redemption II Special Edition (physical edition)

- Red Dead Redemption II Complete Official Guide (premium hardcover collector's edition)

- The Art of Red Dead Redemption II (official artbook)

I think it's justified since it'll be likely the only game this 2nd half of 2018 I'll purchase and obviously it's Rockstar Games' first game in over five years, so let's appreciate it.

Most importantly I'm a sucker for Rockstar's artworks so I'll make sure to get everything there is for some artwork to be seen! Oh and did I say that I'm soooo looking forward to the official artbook coming November 6th yet? It'll be magnificent and I can't wait to read through it and soak it all in when not playing RDR2.

You forgot the Collector's Box so add 90-100 EUR more LOL.

Rockstar's pricing of their collectible content is overpriced, just goes to show

Edited by VolumeRX

Actually, I'm very encouraged by this tweet.  He's exactly the type I don't want playing this game.

On 10/26 I may send him a DM telling him how much it sucks.

Edited by 1898
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, JordanDFC17 said:

Apples, meet oranges.

GTA5 didn't show 5 or more returning characters from SA.  RDR2 DOES show Dutch, John, the rest of the gang back together.

It's not just about place, it's a continuation of the story.  Thought you knew that already. 

5 minutes ago, 1898 said:

On 10/26 I may send him a DM telling him how much it sucks.

Haha that actually made me chuckle 😂

Just now, DirtCheap said:

Does anyone think we will get a bombardment of info in the coming weeks?

I think we'll get something in the first two weeks of August. If we get the previews AND the gameplay Trailer, it will be a dream come true.

13 minutes ago, VolumeRX said:

You forgot the Collector's Box so add 90-100 EUR more LOL.

Rockstar's pricing of their collectible content is overpriced, just goes to show

Man I want everything so i will buy : Rdr2 ultiamte edition - physical version , collector box, both guides and more

1 hour ago, SuperKitsune said:

Exactly! He doesn't seem to get it though...

They deliver in Belgium. Where did you order "the art of rdr2" though?

Here https://www.amazon.de/Random-House/dp/0847862984/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=sec2002-20&linkId=75dfa9ac38e9a2add219a0ce8d3b1c9f

@Spider-Vice Thanks for updating the RDR2 news timeline in #1 post here. :^:

Edited by Emmi
  • Like 1

I don't care about no goddamn t shirts, artbooks or guides. When I have the game I will be avoiding spoilers like the plague, break up with my girl and not see daylight for 3 days straight.

• Like 3

TheOriginalGunslinger

Since prostitutes can be brought back to the “camp” are we going to see the tent moving a little bit like how a car does when you pick them up in a GTA game.

:sarcasm::D

This could be like how GTA IV played out. They’d ask to come in for some “coffee” followed by a cutscene showing the outside of the house. I’m guessing we’ll see the outside of the tent with funny dialogue and then it stops?

My man Dutch is gonna be flocked by women.

rbazxzd7jloh2iahkvri.jpg

Also, what’s that person doing in the background there (far left)? Is he putting a teapot over fire? (Far right) looks like he’s taking a quick snooze. lol

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ray_Velcoro said:

Man I want everything so i will buy : Rdr2 ultiamte edition - physical version , collector box, both guides and more

Why both guides?

29 minutes ago, Ray_Velcoro said:

I do not envy you lol. but unless you got plenty of money then It's alright.

Actually if you got plenty of money then I will envy you haha

2 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

I'm aware.

But Cochinay, Dutch's home, is in the game, and Beecher's Hope, Marston's home, is in the game.   

Please let me know why those places would be included if R* wasn't including them to tie up loose ends. 

@BretMaverick777

@SuperKitsune

Guys, guys...I think you both have fair points. Here's my take:

1. I think the og Reddit leak was most likely legit, but then again it was from a while ago, so things  may have changed. Based on this, I think it's quite likely that we'll see more than one time period throughout the game. That being said, it could just be like the last game, where after the last mission, it skips forward about 5 years and we switch characters.

2. I don't think having Cochinay/Beecher's Hope on the map necessarily means that a time jump is required. The way I see it, Cochinay was an old mine, that was probably abandoned long before Dutch's gang used it as a hideout in 1911. There also may have been another gang that took up residence there before Dutch(hence the gang hideout icon). Same goes for Beecher's Hope. It could've been an existing ranch that John purchased sometime after he left the gang(something akin to Ridgewood Farm, hence why it's listed as a town/settlement).

Edited by zachsterosu
  • Like 4

I'm sincerely hoping there won't be actual prostitution in the game, for multiple reasons. Mostly because such a mechanic would be completely unnecessary and cringy as hell in a video game in this day and age, muh realism be damned.

EDIT: Oh, I should probably clarify that with "actual prostitution" I mean that I don't want Arthur to interact with prostitutes or for there to be.. prostitution mini-games, not that prostitution shouldn't be a thing in the game all together. My bad.

Edited by Mr. Morgan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, zachsterosu said:

Guys, guys...I think you both have fair points. Here's my take:

1. I think the og Reddit leak was most likely legit, but then again it was from a while ago, so things  may have changed. Based on this, I think it's quite likely that we'll see more than one time period throughout the game. That being said, it could just be like the last game, where after the last mission, it skips forward about 5 years and we switch characters.

2. I don't think having Cochinay/Beecher's Hope on the map necessarily means that a time jump is required. The way I see it, Cochinay was an old mine, that was probably abandoned long before Dutch's gang used it as a hideout in 1911. Same goes for Beecher's Hope. It could've been an existing ranch that John purchased sometime after he left the gang.

Thanks for your common sense! :)

• Like 1

J.Dillinger Blackheart
14 minutes ago, Mr. Morgan said:

I'm sincerely hoping there won't be actual prostitution in the game, for multiple reasons. Mostly because such a mechanic would be completely unnecessary and cringy as hell in a video game in this day and age, muh realism be damned.

Wait... What!? LOL, yea ok guy.

Just now, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

Wait... What!? LOL, yea ok guy.

ARE YOU IN NEED OF HEARING AIDS? 

Just kidding, but yeah. What was so wrong with my comment?