1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

RougeBandit

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshua969

• damienrayemusic

I must say this feels like a truly magical time to be alive. i havent felt this way since right before RDR launched. that magical point in time where we're getting constant info but, at the same time the game is so close I no longer feel like I need it. my mind is abuzz with all of the info I have and I cant even imagine what else is there to surprise us.

I know Ive said it before but RDR at the time was like a childhood dream come true or as close as one could get to being a real cowboy, and my inner child cherished every moment. the only wish i had at the end was to be able to have a game just like it but instead play as an outlaw who is still an outlaw rather than a "redeemed" man. after many years i left that dream behind in the " never gonna happen" pile. but now it seems my prayers have been answered. I know we have yet to play it so ill reserve my full judgement until then but man i just cant believe how this game seems to be exactly what I wanted from a sequel right down to even the smallest of detail. its the only time where every time ive said " man i hope this is in the game but probably not" they release some new info showing exactly that. pardon me for tripping over my own shoes here but i still cant believe what this game is turning out to be. its really like my dream game come true.

GeorgeWashingtonxx77

16 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Have yall already started imagining certain areas like where youre gonna go first and what you imagine yourself doing and what not??

Yep! :) Kayaking in the swamp rivers in BAYO NWA, LE. Doing it at night with the alligators lurking under. Creepy but love it!

Edited by GeorgeWashingtonxx77

18 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Have yall already started imagining certain areas like where youre gonna go first and what you imagine yourself doing and what not?? 

I'll do everything. But first I need to go to St. Denis and play poker.

Edited by ejderemir
  • Like 1

Just now, ejderemir said:

I'll do everything. But first I need to go to St. Denis and play poker.

if armadillo is in the game first thing i'm going to see is my pal Herbert moon

• Like 3

I stumbled across and then joined a roleplay group in GTAO in 2014. An "MC" to be precise. Was essentially like 30 people on PS3 and thereabout on 360. Each console was a "charter" with a hierarchy copied from a real 1% MC, each rank/position had specific duties or privileges especially on our private forum. For a good year or two it was pretty good. People knew their roles, followed our self-imposed rules (AR's only, Freeaim only, dress code, code of conduct, etc), rarely put themselves above the group and even dressed like bikers for the most part.

Eventually the wrong people would get into power or be allowed to join or stay, egos began to clash, individuals began putting themselves above the group, etc. General boredom with the game and our agreed way to do things also started to cause fractures in the core. Fast forward a couple of years and I was eventually kicked in April of this year for refusing to play ball with and routinely calling out the goofs who had assumed control but I keep in touch with several current and ex-members (we're gonna have some good ol saloon fights) and look back fondly on the beginning times and the fun I had. The first guy I met while "prospecting" I'm still online BFF's with all these years later. Meanwhile my old "Club" has record low everything and is even less than a shell of its former self.

If done correctly this emphasis on roleplaying could be really good IMO. A lot of fun could be had depending on the depth of the RP and the maturity and commitment of the community.

• Like 7

I will shoot a hole into the canoe with my revolver before I start paddling whilst it slowly fills with water and starts sinking ... then I look back and thousands of red eyes look at me. Yeah, this game's gonna be gud!

Got something to show y'all later that I made on the spot. 🎶🎶?? Testing myself and my abilities while I'm really sick right now. I ain't done sh*t today but feel a lil inspired. I can't wait for OPM today!!

Edited by damienrayemusic
  • Like 3

Is it a confirmed info that buildings will be destructible. I know workers will be building some structures but are they going to rebuild the ones we destructed?

1 minute ago, damienrayemusic said:

Got something to show y'all later that I made on the spot. I can't wait for OPM today!!

It was great;)

1 minute ago, ejderemir said:

Is it a confirmed info that buildings will be destructible. I know workers will be building some structures but are they going to rebuild the ones we destructed?

As far as I know, no. I also don't forsee there even being a chance that any or all would be except maybe an outhouse type structure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ejderemir said:

It was great;)

Hahahaha oh man you saw it before I wiped it?? Hahahaaa thank you tho. I didn't want it to get lost on the end of this page or when less members are on so I'll post it again later... Changed my mind lol I saved it though so no worries. I out a lot into it especially for being as sick as I am right now lol . Just was a two minute quick write, nothing huge but still. Trying to hype y'all up 

1 minute ago, ejderemir said:

Nah, I think - if I remember correctly from the previews in May - there'll be certain 'destructable' areas in the games' vast world ... but once destroyed they won't be rebuild. But there'll be buildings build over the course of the game ... like at first it's an incomplete house and if you visit it later it will be a finished house!

1 minute ago, Emmi said:

Nah, I think - if I remember correctly from the previews in May - there'll be certain 'destructable' areas in the games' vast world ... but once destroyed they won't be rebuild. But there'll be buildings build over the course of the game ... like at first it's an incomplete house and if you visit it later it will be a finished house!

oh, got it bro thanks

I remember it was a year ago when R* said look out for more RDR2 news this Summer and they literally waited for the last second to post a tease (date) for the 2nd official trailer. lol

At that point we still thought the game was coming Spring 2018! Oh dear, thank god these times are over, I'm getting nightmares just thinking of it ...

1 minute ago, Emmi said:

I remember it was a year ago when R* said look out for more RDR2 news this Summer and they literally waited for the last second to post a tease (date) for the 2nd official trailer. lol

At that point we still thought the game was coming Spring 2018! Oh dear, thank god these times are over, I'm getting nightmares just thinking of it ...

I can't believe how did we wait for MONTHS WITHOUT ANY SINGLE INFO?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emmi said:

oh dear god my RDPTSD is blowing up 

Edited by Relax.
f*ckin Typo

Just now, ejderemir said:

I can't believe how did we wait for MONTHS WITHOUT ANY SINGLE INFO?!

Yeah, not sure exactly but we made it through eventually.

It'll be the same with Rockstar's next game ... initial reveal + teaser trailer followed by 8-12 months of NOTHING, trailer 2 followed by delay, 4-8 months of nothing, ...

You get the idea!

• Like 3

I just need the individual to be vastly vast, as well as having 6 open missions, and only with that can I wind up a long hour, something like fallout, which sometimes is overwhelming.

is what I need, if I do not have to create 6 different campaigns at once to do absolutely everything I want to do

Now really, I hope the first game lasts a long time, I need it

Luckily RDRO is in a fifth plane for me, you just have to see in what chronology they place it, and see what characters will give you things to do, I'm not sure what I want with this ..

How cool will it be if we can build/purchase a Fort just like Mercer? And as our monetary portfolio grows, arm it with mounted weaponry such as Maxims and canons.

3 minutes ago, MC_HaMMaSTiX said:

Refreshing this thread, hoping for TGS RDR2 Trailer news, like:

200.gif

Don't expect a new RDR2 trailer coming ... the only new trailer that's coming is the official launch trailer in October and then we have got the 2nd part of the gameplay video coming as well.

But we won't see a traditional 4th trailer.

2 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

How cool will it be if we can build/purchase a Fort just like Mercer? And as our monetary portfolio grows, arm it with mounted weaponry such as Maxims and canons.

Fort Mercer? ...you o... ONE A THEM WILLIAMSON BOAHS!!! 

12 minutes ago, MC_HaMMaSTiX said:

Refreshing this thread, hoping for TGS RDR2 Trailer news, like:

200.gif

There is no any RDRII mentions in the schedule for next few days. You guys hyped again from random tweets by random people. 

Edited by ThereIsNoBathroom

Just now, MC_HaMMaSTiX said:

The Golem in me needs part 2.

It's either next week or first week of October ... since it doesn't look like we'll get a online gameplay video at all.

September 27 - 2nd gameplay video

October 11 - launch trailer

October 4 - 2nd gameplay video

October 18 - launch trailer

2 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Fort Mercer? ...you o... ONE A THEM WILLIAMSON BOAHS!!! 

Calm down...

At the back ground: "Shoot him mister, shoot im."

• Like 1