1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

RougeBandit

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshua969

• damienrayemusic

5 minutes ago, Nini23a said:

In my opinion there will be another trailer today during TGS Jeux actu teased that

When sony will make their conference ?

What conference? TGS is LIVE now. 

11 minutes ago, FlatFX said:

They said RDR Online will be a public beta free for owners of a copy of RDR2. 

This actually sounds like they will make it possible to play RDR Online without the full game like with a subscrition service

I want to be able to purchase a property and build my own farm on it 😎

It's basically the same as GTA online within GTAV, the wording is that way because there some already instantly presumed because of the word "beta" that some sort of exclusive invitation would be needed to play online.

They're just saying the version of online that launches in November will be considered in a beta state: some things might be wonky, connectivity might be an issue and traffic overload but they're hoping the feedback from the community Will steer Red Dead Online to where it needs to be. There are similar situations with other games out right now including Rainbow Six Siege where the ranked matchmaking has been in beta ever since 2015. lol 

Regarding previews, looking forward to them and hopefully it pans out. I guess maybe that was the reason Brandon Jones is on Kinda Funny all day tomorrow..uh today..and on Red Dead Radio. 

It would be interesting if they had a Rodeo event. Like how you spend time trying to Balance on a Horse to break it in, but in a Rodeo it's a bull & friggin much less margin for error & takes wayyyy longer. 

Also could have stages where its nigh impossible for a duration till it kicks you off automatically so see if can stay balanced till then? 🤔

For SinglePlayer could be a random event on Occasion where you could win Money or other vs AI & in rounds. Winner declared in the newspaper. Keeps News papers Organic. 

Online could be an event where 5 people join & there's an elemination process & winner declared in the server newspaper. Keeps News papers Organic. 

Edited by Wootgratzhugz
Added a few additions
  • Like 4

I'm usually always late to updates, what do you guys think of this?

"However, exactly what form Red Dead Online will take as it finds it’s feet, we are not sure ourselves, but we think really want a focus on role-playing and morality."

Remember when GTAO was going to have police and gang factions you could join in multiplayer? I think we might have a choice to be a criminal or not in multiplayer. At least I hope so.

It would be nice to make our money bounty hunting or selling cattle.

Also will there be a morality meter in online?

6 minutes ago, Wootgratzhugz said:

It would be interesting if they had a Rodeo event. Like how you spend time trying to Balance on a Horse to break it in, but in a Rodeo it's a bull & friggin much less margin for error & takes wayyyy longer. 

Also could have stages where its nigh impossible for a duration till it kicks you off automatically so see if can stay balanced till then? 🤔

Can we chase a greased pig?

6 minutes ago, Wootgratzhugz said:

Love this idea..

And maybe in MP we could have rodeo competitions with betting... Posse against posse...

• Like 1

Tough nights sleep last night...

All the info this week is scrambling my noggin...

Dreamt I was arrested by a sheriff and then broke out of jail in a blaze of glory...

The senses are hightened...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MrHarlow said:

I'm usually always late to updates, what do you guys think of this?

"However, exactly what form Red Dead Online will take as it finds it’s feet, we are not sure ourselves, but we think really want a focus on role-playing and morality."

Remember when GTAO was going to have police and gang factions you could join in multiplayer? I think we might have a choice to be a criminal or not in multiplayer. At least I hope so.

It would be nice to make our money bounty hunting or selling cattle.

Also will there be a morality meter in online?

Can we chase a greased pig?

Their wording was interesting too because they described your characters as either being "cowboys, cowgirls or outlaw". That with the focus on role playing sounds really promising.

I hope the bounty hunting reddit leak thing was legit. I quite liked the sound of it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DGSimo said:

Their wording was interesting too because they described your characters as either being "cowboys, cowgirls or outlaw". That with the focus on role playing sounds really promising.

I hope the bounty hunting reddit leak thing was legit. I quite liked the sound of it.

As do I friend.

Businesses in GTAO were okay, but you were always a criminal. I think role-play would be great for online and would even bring a sizable fanbase that didn't like GTAO as much. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DGSimo said:

Imagine if we had something reminiscent of a GTA IV like cops and robbers mode that in red dead is Lawmen Vs. Outlaws.... omfg. I LOVE this role playing idea so much depth it adds.. and ps sorry im out of likes lol. Been showing love in many threads today.

Edited by damienrayemusic
Memories..

16 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Yeah, the role-playing thing sounds pretty damn awesome for Red Dead Online.

Ah emmi im glad that youre pretty optimistic for red dead online the way the news turned out today:) also P.S i have to say, your avatar is much more fitting and hype now for this topic... RED HARLOOOOOOWWWW BOI! Sorry cole phelps aka badge 1247.. i love you too but this is a western frontier. We need gunslingers, outlaws, cowboys, rustlers, all legendary western men and women here😁 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Efreet said:

O' course. 

Can yall link me the music pls? I missed it. Zachs the homie and is really talented. Ive heard him play stuff and talk music with me over XBL voice chat in RDR. good times.

4 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Ah emmi im glad that youre pretty optimistic for red dead online the way the news turned out today:) also P.S i have to say, your avatar is much more fitting and hype now for this topic... RED HARLOOOOOOWWWW BOI! Sorry cole phelps aka badge 1247.. i love you too but this is a western frontier. We need gunslingers, outlaws, cowboys, rustlers, all legendary western men and women here😁 

Yeah, to me Red Dead Online sounds like it could be an awesome multiplayer experience. Of course we'll wait and see how it turns out but so far, I'm happy.

In regards to my avatar here, yeah, I figured it fits better and man, Red Harlow is such an amazing character ... I'll make sure to create a similar looking one for Red Dead Online, if we don't have the chance to use pre-created, existing characters from the world of Red Dead.

Now let's bring on todays meaty single-player impressions alongside new screenshots and hopefully a couple artworks as well.

If I remember well, Roleplaying was the original Idea for GTA Online and here we are half a decade later with Red Dead Online.

ab760cb419fcc6835af1aa336b1cb25de56ca7bf

Edited by eyman

1 minute ago, eyman said:

If I remember well Roleplaying was the original Idea for GTA Online, and here we are half a decade later with Red Dead Online.

Cops 'n' Crooks was the original idea for V's Multiplayer, yes.

I don't remember how much role-playing would be involved.

1 minute ago, DisCrafted said:

Cops 'n' Crooks was the original idea for V's Multiplayer, yes.

I don't remember how much role-playing would be involved.

I dont believe it was full on roleplaying but more like, I just want to play as a cop and you can play as a gangster kind of role-playing, if you know what I mean.

Just now, eyman said:

I dont believe it was full on roleplaying but more like, I just want to play as a cop and you can play as a gangster kind of role-playing, if you know what I mean.

Ah... I see. Seems like they've taken some inspiration from it for RDO. Reading "cowboys, cowgirls and outlaws" gave me that kind of feeling.

16 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Can yall link me the music pls? I missed it. Zachs the homie and is really talented. Ive heard him play stuff and talk music with me over XBL voice chat in RDR. good times.

You know the track is accurate when its got me saying the trailer dialogue out loud 😂 first thing i said was "with red dead redemption 2, rockstar games aims to create a living world" and in track 5 the classic.. this place... aint no such thing as civilized!! You did it perfectly and i nailed the timing of the placement for the words with the music as if i was the narrator myself 😜 good job homie @zachsterosu also when we gonna show thesw outlaws our game for online?!! Horse joust ;)) that sh*t was sooo fun when we did that just randomly came up with it one day. Itll be even better in RDR2 with all the wide open diverse areas and hills...

kVNbnMY_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Have yall already started imagining certain areas like where youre gonna go first and what you imagine yourself doing and what not?? In this shot of annesburg for example, if you look at the very top left theres a GIANT looking hill/cliff. I can already see myself going up there a lot, fighting/shooting people and watching them fall down that distance... (similar to the tower in plainview) lol this game is gonna be so fun

Cant waittttrt fucckkkk