1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

RougeBandit

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshua969

• damienrayemusic

25 minutes ago, H. León said:

Hate towards Online does not represent that players think Online sucks, it represents that there is a fear of SP being leeched by Online.

And, if we go by history,  people have a right to be concerned.  Still a part of me wants to believe that SP wil be so good... it won't matter.

6 minutes ago, MC_HaMMaSTiX said:

I only ended up hating GTAO because of how toxic the playerbase became, like with most online games with openworld PvP.  I'm sure I'll enjoy RDRO with friends for quite some time but I expect  people will eventually f*ck everything up because it's what people do. Hopefully, should RDRO eventually be ruined for me, the SP is something I can enjoy replaying 100x over for years like I did in 2004-2006 (and continue to do in 2016-now) with GTA: SA.

Toxic and it also gives people with enough disposable income the incentive to be toxic.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SuperKitsune said:

Oh sh*t that's true! I guess I'll stay clear of this place then. But on the other hand I want to experience the 25th with all my drought og's @VigMarston91 @zachsterosu@damienrayemusic  @Reno_@joshua969 @MostWantedMVP@Yelda @dkunit @Hugoat @J.Dillinger Blackheart...what a tough decision to make..

I'll be here on 25th counting down with you & everyone here.. NO DOUBT!! ;) 

Can't wait for it!! We're nearly there! 

giphy.gif

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Flannelmagic1 said:

Will rdr 2 have mod support?

On consoles? No. On pc? Yes, unofficially.

1 minute ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

Hmmmm 

More score music:O Thanks for linking

3 minutes ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

Hmmmm 

My favorite soundtrack from the Gameplay #1 is in the background. f*ckin' beautiful. That guitar tho waa waa WAA WAA WAA

Edited by vKing
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jestic said:

On consoles? No. On pc? Yes, unofficially.

Alright thanks, I wasn't involved in it, but didn't GTA 5 have some controversy regarding modding and the community?

1 minute ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

Wait a second! The games been classified rated M

Does this mean the game is gold?

Here you are again.

Just minutes ago I got back from the gym where I watched your latest video on the exercise bike.

9 minutes ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

Hmmmm 

Soundtrack at 30 sec kinda reminds me when dr.schultz and djano entering that texas city in begging of Django

• Like 2

Just now, TheExecutor10 said:

This is it: PlayStation did the same thing summarising the story with Trailer 2 music shortly before Gameplay dropped.

This means something big is coming tomorrow!

TGS.

Related image

3 minutes ago, TheExecutor10 said:

This is it: PlayStation did the same thing summarising the story with Trailer 2 music shortly before Gameplay dropped.

This means something big is coming tomorrow!

If this is true I might pee a little.

16 minutes ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

Hmmmm 

That score...damn.  You feel it fellas ?  The hype is building.

BTW...today was strange, but I’m grateful to have spent it with all you peeps...outlaws for life.

Edited by joshua969

My bitter attitude toward the online multiplayer is slightly personal. In the first year or so of GTA Online, I remember actually enjoying myself despite how grindy and boring it was to make money and buy things. I saw that public email they had for suggestions and feedback, and started sending emails every month. Among my frequent suggestions were custom weapon loadouts, because more and more weapons were being added and it started to make the weapon wheel busy. Eventually they added that feature in the form of a weapon locker--but it's behind a paywall. You need to buy one of the properties that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, with the weapon locker as another fee. You can't even just pay to have one in your normal apartment. I had always assumed weapon loadouts would work like outfits; through the interaction menu.

If Rockstar continues this behavior in Red Dead Online, on top of not delivering any post-launch single-player content, it'll be very disappointing for me. Thankfully the single-player looks great as is, so I won't let myself get too bummed yet.

Just now, TaxPain said:

My bitter attitude toward the online multiplayer is slightly personal. In the first year or so of GTA Online, I remember actually enjoying myself despite how grindy and boring it was to make money and buy things. I saw that public email they had for suggestions and feedback, and started sending emails every month. Among my frequent suggestions were custom weapon loadouts, because more and more weapons were being added and it started to make the weapon wheel busy. Eventually they added that feature in the form of a weapon locker--but it's behind a paywall. You need to buy one of the properties that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, with the weapon locker as another fee. You can't even just pay to have one in your normal apartment. I had always assumed weapon loadouts would work like outfits; through the interaction menu.

If Rockstar continues this behavior in Red Dead Online, on top of not delivering any post-launch single-player content, it'll be very disappointing for me. Thankfully the single-player looks great as is, so I won't let myself get too bummed yet.

https://gtaforums.com/forum/432-red-dead-online/

for reference Playstation dropped this on August 3rd, and the gameplay trailer released on the 9th. If it follows the same pattern then that would mean the gameplay trailer will drop on the 25th same day the OPM releases.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

That OPM issue is packed with good stuff

I want to know the review score for Spider-Man, and the previews of DMC 5 and Sekiro,

And, obviously, RDR 2

Good God, did you hear that new Dante theme they just released? Certified Ear Cancer.

2 hours ago, thc_404 said:

It could just as easily be a sequel using Jack after RDR, 

No Jack.

No.  

After RDR2, we want new cowboys, new story.  No sequel, no prequel, no zombie DLC.  

Even if RDR2 and RD Online are incredible successes, it's not clear that the world needs another cowboy game in this franchise, which probably won't come out for 10 years after RDR2 anyway.  

Just like some great movies should stand alone, and should not have been drawn out into endless arbitrary, mediocre, ridiculous sequels and series; same for RDR.  

Besides, it will be so far in the future, if they do go back to Red Dead, it could be more like a remake or a reboot.  And I hope they don't.  

Like the GTA V world, there are a million stories that could be told in the RDR2 world. Let's not keep dredging up and cheapening the original characters that we liked so much the first time.   

• Like 9