1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

RougeBandit

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshua969

• damienrayemusic

2 minutes ago, HUGOHL said:

So they're going to keep updating both GTAO and RDO... Sounds like single player will be abandoned once it's released, just like GTAV.

Lol let's not jump to conclusions here though. I see where you're coming from but they could still do single player DLC it's a different situation this time .. And they know red dead is a single player experience FIRST that much is evident by launching after the games release and doing a BETA first rather than just releasing it buggy and all that.. The online is just a great extra to an already fantastic game.

Edited by damienrayemusic

Me months ago: Just like RDR1's Online was a 2.0 of sorts of GTA IV's Online and GTAO is like a 2.0 of RDR1's Online, RDRO will be GTAO 2.0.

Some people: Nah it'll be different because (whatever).

Rockstar today: It'll be GTAO 2.0, we think...

Me today: 

i_told_you_so_stephen_colbert.gif

I hope they do learn from GTAO's mistakes though. RDRO has potential to be awesome (for me anyways) if they actually make it like a more methodical and "mature"-oriented version of the GTAO formula. No radar blips, or at least only in close proximity, would be a great start for me.

Should've been obvious that as soon as naything online related gets released there will be much more posts concerned about the game. Shame that a first instinct of what could be a great multiplayer experience is immediately shut down by some people. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HUGOHL said:

So they're going to keep updating both GTAO and RDO... Sounds like single player will be abandoned once it's released, just like GTAV.

They said in the Q&A that single-player and RDO will grow and evolve independently from each other. Maybe that implies DLC in the future?

1 minute ago, SuperKitsune said:

Man October 25th...I bet you'll be able to cut the tension with a knife herr in this forum then.

either that, or it will be empty because people are avoiding spoilers 😛

Guest Guest176525326
8 minutes ago, HUGOHL said:

Of course, R* ain't the same company as it once was, the online ruined it. 

I'm expecting a good single player campaign, but now I don't think it will be earth shattering, cos Rockstar only seems to care about the online and lifeless NPC's and the 12 year olds/ppl on benefits to play their online all day long spending their parents' money buying shark cards etc. 

Don't expect any SP DLC's either, everything will be online stuff again.... boring

Edited by Guest176525326

5 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

Should've been obvious that as soon as naything online related gets released there will be much more posts concerned about the game. Shame that a first instinct of what could be a great multiplayer experience is immediately shut down by some people. 

It's honestly kind of sad... They clearly made it known that they're gonna be open to community feeedback and they're basing it off the greatness that was RDR1 online.. and they're being aware to not release it in a buggy mess state (GTA online October 2013)  they have learned from the last experience. I'm not being just a "blind fanboy" either. I'm just stating facts, a lot of people treat them like sh*t all because in GTAO they couldn't get everything they wanted without playing the game, so they had optional NOT forced unlike EA, micro transactions. Boohoo you could get everything in the game you wanted, I never bought a single one. It's just the entitled era man.. some people will assume all they want and unfortunately miss out on what I think will be a mind-blowing experience. But oh well, you win some you lose some and can never please everybody... They know what they're doing though. I'm just speaking logically here. What's most annoying though if anything is when it's coming from someone who never even played red dead online. That assumes it's just boring horse simulator or whatever. Lol we still play the game to this day... The hardcore players were very loyal cause we loved the game so dearly.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Lol let's not jump to conclusions here though. I see where you're coming from but they could still do single player DLC it's a different situation this time .. And they know red dead is a single player experience FIRST that much is evident by launching after the games release and doing a BETA first rather than just releasing it buggy and all that.. The online is just a great extra to an already fantastic game.

I won't wait for a SP DLC, I don't want to be disappointed. They have no reason to release a SP DLC, but they for sure have reasons to release Online DLC. As long as the extra money they get goes to developing their next game (which I hope will be great), I'll forgive that.

@Ctlead They also promised SP DLC for GTAV, but it was never released. 

@O.Z Sad but true.

• Like 1

The fact that they said RDR2 and RDO will be supported independently of each other makes me think they took everyone's complaints about GTA V DLC to heart and we might get some major story DLC content. Keeping my expectations in check, though.

5 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

either that, or it will be empty because people are avoiding spoilers 😛

Oh sh*t that's true! I guess I'll stay clear of this place then. But on the other hand I want to experience the 25th with all my drought og's @VigMarston91 @zachsterosu@damienrayemusic  @Reno_@joshua969 @MostWantedMVP@Yelda @dkunit @Hugoat @J.Dillinger Blackheart...what a tough decision to make..

How do we know there are previews tomorrow from different outlets keep asking n no 1 seems to have an answer n I can't see anything anywhere about it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

The fact that they said RDR2 and RDO will be supported independently of each other makes me think they took everyone's complaints about GTA V DLC to heart and we might get some major story DLC content. Keeping my expectations in check, though.

I think so too. But i can't blame them for not wanting to do SP DLC because the last time they did it, it didn't work out so well. Back in 2011 with IV they made Lost & Damned and BogT, both which according to them performed "not as expected" They still have PTSD from those times i guess lol

• Like 1

I think they will be SP DLCs for GTA V in future but only digital, same with RDR2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, O.Z said:

lifeless NPC's

I don't want to defend Online the same way every single time so I'll try not to but lifeless NPC's? What does that even mean? NPC's in this game are problably the best I have ever seen in an open world game (for me at least)

4 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

It's honestly kind of sad... They clearly made it known that they're gonna be open to community feeedback and they're basing it off the greatness that was RDR1 online.. and they're being aware to not release it in a buggy mess state (GTA online October 2013)  they have learned from the last experience. I'm not being just a "blind fanboy" either. I'm just stating facts, a lot of people treat them like sh*t all because in GTAO they couldn't get everything they wanted without playing the game, so they had optional NOT forced unlike EA, micro transactions. Boohoo you could get everything in the game you wanted, I never bought a single one. It's just the entitled era man.. some people will assume all they want and unfortunately miss out on what I think will be a mind-blowing experience. But oh well, you win some you lose some and can never please everybody... They know what they're doing though. I'm just speaking logically here.

Agreed 100%. I get if someone doesn't like multiplayer but do they really have to bash it right on arrival? I don't know I came here to discuss and get excited for Online after I saw the news and instead, I saw immediate b*tching about no gameplay 2 and other sh*t. I wonder what would happen if somebody started b*tching about the gameplay trailer just as it arrived and everyone's losing their mind in excitement.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Outlaw for life said:

How do we know there are previews tomorrow from different outlets keep asking n no 1 seems to have an answer n I can't see anything anywhere about it

Lol exactly. Theyre ignoring me too. I'll take it as not the truth.

Edited by Getzmunney
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

This is a good outlook how it should be!! Open to what's possible, and not assuming how it will turn out. I think it's very likely we get SP DLC this time... And @SuperKitsune much love brotha! Drought OG's for life 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SuperKitsune said:

Oh sh*t that's true! I guess I'll stay clear of this place then. But on the other hand I want to experience the 25th with all my drought og's @VigMarston91 @zachsterosu@damienrayemusic  @Reno_@joshua969 @MostWantedMVP@Yelda @dkunit @Hugoat @J.Dillinger Blackheart...what a tough decision to make..

Don't forget about me lol. I only made my account this year but been following this thread since RDRII's announcement back in October 16th, 2016.

Hate towards Online does not represent that players think Online sucks, it represents that there is a fear of SP being leeched by Online.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Outlaw for life said:

Sorry guys, too consumed in the hype and trying to play my role as peace officer here that never changed for the hype train.. lol. Im trying to keep up but I can't I'm in multiple threads at once and only have been replying to things directed at me, haven't really  seen the posts like these. Anyways Probably cause subs get it this week and an embargo is supposed to lift tomorrow. Everyeye one of the sites who previewed RDR2 also has an event scheduled for when rockstar usually reveals things...  @Getzmunney this is why tomorrow is likely

• Like 4

Will be sad seeing more and more people leaving during these last few weeks. I was going to leave after the online trailer but that seems to be released much later than expected so I'm problably leaving after gameplay 2. After that, we'll see each other on the other side.

1 minute ago, damienrayemusic said:

Sorry guys, too consumed in the hype and trying to play my role as peace officer here that never changed for the hype train.. lol. Im trying to keep up but I can't I'm in multiple threads at once and only have been replying to things directed at me, haven't really  seen the posts like these. Anyways Probably cause subs get it this week and an embargo is supposed to lift tomorrow. Everyeye one of the sites who previewed RDR2 also has an event scheduled for when rockstar usually reveals things...  @Getzmunney this is why tomorrow is likely

Thanks for reply well hopefully something tomorrow then

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Outlaw for life said:

I know the digital issue #154 of OPM might drop tomorrow for subs, if not it's likely this week still

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, H. León said:

Hate towards Online does not represent that players think Online sucks, it represents that there is a fear of SP being leeched by Online.

But from what we have seen and from what rockstar have said about how RDR2 is first and foremost a single player game, how can you be concerned about the online leeaching sp? Its like we've forgotten about the 3 trailers focusing sp, that amazing gameplay trailer and all those previews detailing how passionate and focused rockstar still are about single player. Lack of sp dlc or a post-launch online focus doesn't detract from the fact that RDR2's base single player will be a great one.

Edited by phenetole
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

THANK F*CK!

10 minutes ago, H. León said:

I didn't hate GTA online in principle or bc it took away from story dlc. I hated and still hate how expensive everything is.

15 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Thanks bro. So their event is scheduled for tomorrow?

Edited by Getzmunney
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

Don't forget about me lol. I only made my account this year but been following this thread since RDRII's announcement back in October 16th, 2016.

Sorry lol, I'm aware there must be a couple of og's i didn't think of.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, UndeadPotat0 said:

THANK F*CK!

I didn't hate GTA online in principle or bc it took away from story dlc. I hated and still hate how expensive everything is.

I only ended up hating GTAO because of how toxic the playerbase became, like with most online games with openworld PvP.  I'm sure I'll enjoy RDRO with friends for quite some time but I expect  people will eventually f*ck everything up because it's what people do. Hopefully, should RDRO eventually be ruined for me, the SP is something I can enjoy replaying 100x over for years like I did in 2004-2006 (and continue to do in 2016-now) with GTA: SA.

Edited by MC_HaMMaSTiX
  • Like 2