1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

RougeBandit

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshua969

• damienrayemusic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so how much horse bonding unlocks this skill ?

Talking about previews, I really hope they talk about the different horse breeds. Cant wait to see if they have those really famous spanish breeds.

Just now, RedDead2503 said:

Hope character customization

Yeah, I'm very excited about the hair growth systems. I'm hoping we can mix and match various parts of clothing, like GTA V, rather than the basic outfits from RDR1. I wouldn't hate it, but I certainly would prefer clothing like GTA V.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

Well we've seen the end of the Wild West with RDR

RDR2 will be close to the end

hopefully RDR3 is when the Wild West is at its prime, possibly following a young Dutch would be interesting.

Where was it confirmed Everyeye was getting a hands on preview? 

I don’t know how to explain this anyway someone here yesterday talk about  evereyey streaming 

1 minute ago, MessedUpPro said:

LOL. So anyway, previews tomorrow? What are you guys betting to hear about it?

Thinking we may finally get a confirmation on the map size and definitive confirmation if New Austin will be in the game. I also think they might mention if we can swim or if the game has first person. Basically, I'm hoping they confirm or deny things that have been asked about for a while now.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TheExecutor10 said:

I think a lot more. I believe these outlets aren't supposed to announce the previews now.

We know OPM will reach subscribers later this week (tomorrow?) and that gamereactor.no and everywhere.it will probably have previews tomorrow. But there will definitely US, UK, french, spanish and german outlets having previews as well. Maybe IGN, HobbyConsolas and GamePro?

Hopefully we get more info like earlier in May

2 minutes ago, MessedUpPro said:

Yeah, I'm very excited about the hair growth systems. I'm hoping we can mix and match various parts of clothing, like GTA V, rather than the basic outfits from RDR1. I wouldn't hate it, but I certainly would prefer clothing like GTA V.

I'm wondering if the clothing system is going to be based on layers like GTA Online, where you had a shirt of your choosing underneath a jacket.

1 minute ago, Reno_ said:

Thinking we may finally get a confirmation on the map size and definitive confirmation if New Austin will be in the game. I also think they might mention if we can swim or if the game has first person. Basically, I'm hoping they confirm or deny things that have been asked about for a while now.

Yes spot on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

Yeah. I'm guessing it's hands on so I'm just excited to hear their reactions and impressions on how the game feels to play and just general impressions.

Player customization has already been confirmed and has been hugley improved from the first game.

• Hair growth
  • Outfits
  • Changeable clothing
  • Variety of hats

Also remember if you lost your hat, you have to buy a new one.

• Like 1

RDR3 has to be a prequel since it has to be set before the events of RDR2 but we don't know if it's a direct prequel or not.

6 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

Damn, I hope so. That'd be a dream. I'd love to know about New Austin and any kind of first person mode.

5 minutes ago, Mild Phil Hickok said:

I'm wondering if the clothing system is going to be based on layers like GTA Online, where you had a shirt of your choosing underneath a jacket.

That would be pretty cool. Wouldn't surprise me, considering the clothing we have seen on Arthur.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

RDR3 has to be a prequel since it has to be set before the events of RDR2 but we don't know if it's a direct prequel or not.

If it's not going to be a direct prequel (which is probably the case) what would be the point of calling it that then?
Once again, pointing to what the franchise is called...

Edited by DisCrafted

Don't forget we have a thread like this one for Online!

3 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

I always thought a cool idea would be to show the life of a young Landon Ricketts. He was a famous gunslinger, so there would be plenty of stories to tell. And if they show him as his younger self, they wouldn't have to worry about his voice actor having passed away.

Edited by dkunit

5 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

The map could be greyed out to naturally not show areas not visited, in case of locked regions, or intentionally for the sole purpose of the map-restricted demo. Rockstar will take steps if they still want keep the map a mystery, especially the New Austin and Mexico parts. I'd like to hear a confirmation, but story wise, it'd also make sense that New Austin will be locked until a certain point in the story when the gang fractures and members start going their own ways, with someone like Williamson heading to the West into Fort Mercer. It'll be a fun and interesting journey anyway. 

33 minutes ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

Well we've seen the end of the Wild West with RDR

RDR2 will be close to the end

hopefully RDR3 is when the Wild West is at its prime, possibly following a young Dutch would be interesting.

I'd prefer if the next RDR were focused on completely new characters. 

Edited by Ctlead
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

omg yes!! YES YES YES!!!! 😍😍😍 And beta too?! Omg.. no wonder why there was so many new pages in here.. I thought it was the clusterf*ck of trolling and bitching earlier but aye something official!! Yes!! Red Dead online is back my baby my childhood 😍😍😍😍😍😍

1 minute ago, Ctlead said:

I'd prefer if the next RDR is focused on completely new characters. 

Think a bout using a young Dutch tho....i get chills

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

omg yes!! YES YES YES!!!! 😍😍😍 And beta too?! Omg.. no wonder why there was so many new pages in here.. I thought it was the clusterf*ck of trolling and bitching earlier but aye something official!! Yes!! Red Dead online is back my baby my childhood 😍😍😍😍😍😍

I see you have caught up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Oh indeed!

Red Dead Online is an evolution of the classic multiplayer experience in the original Red Dead Redemption, blending narrative with competitive and cooperative gameplay in fun new ways.

Sorry lol im trying to get caught up in here , just got up and once I saw that post I had to react... God I love red dead so much the single player and online both were the greatest things I have experienced in my years of gaming.. holy f*ck man they even said "we will be working with our community for feedback and getting this into a fun and immersive experience" always going to be updated keeping so much to come and on top of that my favorite part "THE GAME IS AM EVOLUTION OF RED DEAD REDEMPTION 1 ONLINE" Made in mind with the new gameplay mechanics and huge world of red dead redemption 2... And lol if anyone is gonna complain about and sh*t on red dead online, you probably haven't even played the first one. They clearly are basing this off that which is amazing, and we don't want RDR online to be a GTA clone. We will have our "boring horses" and "empty world and one shot weapons" any day. Miss me with that sh*t the blind hate on RDR online lol it was the best thing till hackers ruined it 

Edited by damienrayemusic
Omg man hype overload... They probably gonna drop that gameplay pt 2 real soon too. It's all red dead now bois and girls

Well its time for this cowboy to bed down under the stars...

I sleep with one eye open so if any of you try to rustle my cattle, I'll hog tie ya and drag you through the dusty streets of Valentine!

Oh and that's another feature I would love to see! 

Adios amigos....

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mr Fyn666 said:

Well its time for this cowboy to bed down under the stars...

I sleep with one eye open so if any of you try to rustle my cattle, I'll hog tie ya and drag you through the dusty streets of Valentine!

Oh and that's another feature I would love to see! 

Adios amigos....

Night homie. See you again tomorrow 😜 bet...