1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• damienrayemusic

• joshua969

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so how much horse bonding unlocks this skill ?

2 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Image result for i missed you negan gif

❤ Always miss y'all... (Always dutch...)

2 hours ago, vKing said:

Dutch: "We all had her! But (laughter), he married her."

Lmao Damien you remember so many quotes it's insane 😛 I guess it just shows how memorable and well-written the game is. Even myself who completed the game maybe only 2 times remembers a lot years later.

😆😆 Love that mission. "Ya know?? This man right here, HE MARRIED A WHORE"!! lol for real man I love my red dead and I'm psyched for the dialogue in RDR2. I meant it when I said I was meant to be in here with yall once I found this place.. (ain't no such thing as civilized..?)

2 hours ago, happygrowls said:

"Good old Amazon, my best friend?  You know how we met? Pair of leakers trying to end the drought, back in May 18' or there abouts..."

Great one😆 so true lmao... Oh and 

"You have to love yourself a Red Dead Redemption 2...

It's one of the BLESSINGSSSS" oh and, HELLO 2700!

Edited by damienrayemusic
Good ol Mr Marston married "a whore"
  • Like 3
34 minutes ago, Auditore said:

And his protégés are probably the first ones who see Dutch's bullsh*t,you get too close to Dutch and you see trough his smart talk

Im willing to bet Bill Williamson is jealous of John and Arthur, hopefully R* tries to showcase this.

• Like 2

Does anybody have any idea how I'm going to get a Bear to fight an Alligator, Its been on my mind all day.

Tall Trees to Lagras is no walk in the park.

Edited by eyman
  • Like 7

Hey Rockstar, this is what we don’t want:

Sept 20th: Hands-on / Gameplay #2

Sept 27th: Website Feature #3

Oct 4th: Online Gameplay 

Oct 11th: Website Feature #4

Oct 18th: Launch trailer

Oct 25th: Review embargo lifted 

;)

2 minutes ago, eyman said:

Does anybody have any idea how I'm going to get a Bear to fight an Alligator, Its been on my mind all day.

Next level goals right here.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, RedMarston1890 said:

Im willing to bet Bill Williamson is jealous of John and Arthur, hopefully R* tries to showcase this.

He is,someone during the May previews said Bill is jealous of Arthur because everyone in the gang treats him better,the quote was something like this:

"When i f*ck up it's because i'm dumb when Arthur does something wrong is because he didn't have any other choice" 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Dick Justice said:

;)

That would be SO f*cking lame omg I'd HATE that. And be extremely pissed off and definitely not think about that for weeks to come 

s\ reverse psy... cHoLOgYYYYYYYY boi

;)

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, eyman said:

Think ur gona have to lasso the bear all the way to the swamp lands, gona take a while, once it comes to pc im sure mods will help that happen.

2 hours ago, Wolfboy20 said:

Actually them dropping gameplay before previews is possible since it happened before

It happened before there was an embargo in effect and before the exclusive hands on preview cover deal between Rockstar and OPM. This is how these things work, time will tell.

Edited by Antipode
39 minutes ago, Dick Justice said:

;)

Game being delayed somehow = b&

;)  :lol:  

• Like 2
On 9/15/2018 at 2:23 PM, Mostly_Red said:

Always been a big fan of the Far Cry series but i'm skipping the latest entry. Yeah, The Witcher 3 is very good. Hope you're able to finish it until Oct 26th, lol. It's a bigggg game.

I keep hearing that about SotTR. That's an "ok game".And it's a big surprise, considering it had a 100M+ budget

i undownloaded withcer 3 again lol, got bored fast

Rockstar must be sh*tting themselves right now, their eight years of work are gonna be shown to the world in just over a month. Must be hell at their studios right now, crunch time and all :lol:

Not to mention the game probably about to go gold (100% finished) in just about two weeks from now if GTAV's date for going gold is anything to go by.

I think we all know by now that a Rockstar game being 100% done is an accomplishment in itself considering the way they go about things. 

Here's to October baby! 

Just now, Rafae said:

Rockstar must be sh*tting themselves right now, their eight years of work are gonna be shown to the world in just over a month. Must be hell at their studios right now, crunch time and all :lol:

Not to mention the game probably about to go gold (100% finished) in just about two weeks from now if GTAV's date for going gold is anything to go by.

I think we all know by now that a Rockstar game being 100% done is an accomplishment in itself considering the way they go about things. 

Here's to October baby! 

i swear if they dont put bow duels into the game on gonna be so PEEVED

• Like 1

Cu5AbBHW8AAKgUx?format=jpg&name=900x900

Spoiler

long DEEP post incoming... If you read it all you'll probably relate in some ways :)) 

I will never forget the moment this was posted online back in October 16 or there abouts... I had just gotten out of a relationship gone bad, had just been cheated on by the ex gf I was in love with and lived with her for a while (first time experience we did something of that nature) my music equipment and a lot of other things was stolen when I moved out, my anxiety was at an all time high I was constantly in and out of the hospital, everything was just falling apart.. I remember when one morning after crying my eyes out I went in the kitchen to go get some water and my dad comes out like "D did you see about red dead"??, And I was like what? Double XP online or something? And he just smiled at me showing me his phone screen with this logo and I blurted out OH MY GOD.. no way and he starts laughing as he sees me immediately realize what it means and I swear I fell back a little bit like just in shock. and it felt like a beam of light came in at one of the worst times in my life.. fresh outta high school when all the trauma happened for me with people, then her and yeah. I remember the morning after that staying up till 6 am to wait for their next inevitable reveal... and once they revealed the cowboys the next day oh boyyy it was a wrap.. Some peole will never understand how much this game truly means to me but some of you probably will. I've said it many times it ISNT JUST a game. Not red dead. It's more than that, it's art, it's the way I view myself with the whole concept of the west, it's rebellious and doing your own thing regardless what anyone says, it's nature, animals and less technology, its changed the way I look at the world, it's showed me the true meaning of family and love and relationships is all that matters in this world, sharing things you love  with people like I've wanted to do with music ever since I was a kid, and it's just different in a good way. As I've said many times red dead is my childhood, man.. it all started back in May 2010 talks at my middle school on a new R* Game set in the west with similar concept to GTA. And right when I get home I walk in to see my dad already playing the game and he's all excited like D! You gotta play this!! And again at the time being as young as I was , I was again like OMG you got it?! I literally planned on telling him immediately when I got home so it was a surreal moment to me and one I'll remember forever. I love this franchise so much. 

It's so close... I had to add a little message in the spoiler before I went on. Felt right to let you know I intend to maybe inspire similar posts to this one. This is real sh*t to me.
1 hour ago, BurnettVice said:

Anyone hoping West Dickens makes a cameo? I like how he had a vast vocabulary and his theatrics were funny too. I remember chuckling when him and John were talking and said along the lines this don't sound too good lol. Arthur will probably have little patience with him. 

I do. Also my hope is there is a Cameo of Bonnie McFarlane & Her Father at the "start" of their Ranch. 

As the world is persistent over time (things built), & how in the cutscene in RDR1 Mr McFarlane is explaing how "He forged the Farm 30 Years ago" & what they went through (also could lead to some backstory into SP DLC) 

RDR1 set in 1911 minus 30 years = 1881

RDR2 being in 1899 I hope to see a cameo of the McFarlanes & their ranch. 

Edited by Wootgratzhugz
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Wootgratzhugz said:

I do. Also my hope is there is a Cameo of Bonnie McFarlane & Her Father at the "start" of their Ranch. 

As the world is persistent over time (things built), & how in the cutscene in RDR1 Mr McFarlane is explaing how "He forged the Farm 30 Years ago" & what they went through (also could lead to some backstory into SP DLC) 

RDR1 set in 1911 now minus 30years = 1899

RDR2 being in 1899 I hope to see a cameo of the McFarlanes & their ranch. 

1911-30=1881 not 1899

• Like 3

It's starting to sink in like a nice slow burn. I know the lack of info has driven some crazy but all this flickering building into flame has been quite the journey and I'm pretty happy. Here's to #alwaystomorrow #belikedamien we're about to run and not look back. @damienrayemusic That was a thoughtful post and I can't wait for this game to bring some joy back into our lives. Almost there keep faith!

1 hour ago, Dick Justice said:

;)

thats perfect 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, damienrayemusic said:

Cu5AbBHW8AAKgUx?format=jpg&name=900x900

Reveal hidden contents

long DEEP post incoming... If you read it all you'll probably relate in some ways :)) 

I will never forget the moment this was posted online back in October 16 or there abouts... I had just gotten out of a relationship gone bad, had just been cheated on by the ex gf I was in love with and lived with her for a while (first time experience we did something of that nature) my music equipment and a lot of other things was stolen when I moved out, my anxiety was at an all time high I was constantly in and out of the hospital, everything was just falling apart.. I remember when one morning after crying my eyes out I went in the kitchen to go get some water and my dad comes out like "D did you see about red dead"??, And I was like what? Double XP online or something? And he just smiled at me showing me his phone screen with this logo and I blurted out OH MY GOD.. no way and he starts laughing as he sees me immediately realize what it means and I swear I fell back a little bit like just in shock. and it felt like a beam of light came in at one of the worst times in my life.. fresh outta high school when all the trauma happened for me with people, then her and yeah. I remember the morning after that staying up till 6 am to wait for their next inevitable reveal... and once they revealed the cowboys the next day oh boyyy it was a wrap.. Some peole will never understand how much this game truly means to me but some of you probably will. I've said it many times it ISNT JUST a game. Not red dead. It's more than that, it's art, it's the way I view myself with the whole concept of the west, it's rebellious and doing your own thing regardless what anyone says, it's nature, animals and less technology, its changed the way I look at the world, it's showed me the true meaning of family and love and relationships is all that matters in this world, sharing things you love  with people like I've wanted to do with music ever since I was a kid, and it's just different in a good way. As I've said many times red dead is my childhood, man.. it all started back in May 2010 talks at my middle school on a new R* Game set in the west with similar concept to GTA. And right when I get home I walk in to see my dad already playing the game and he's all excited like D! You gotta play this!! And again at the time being as young as I was , I was again like OMG you got it?! I literally planned on telling him immediately when I got home so it was a surreal moment to me and one I'll remember forever. I love this franchise so much. 

I agree 100 percent with you this is more than just a game! its a part of something bigger!

it has had a positive effect on many people here who are going through or have gone through tough times and im glad that this game has been able to help. 

the wait is almost over :)

• Like 6