1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• damienrayemusic

• joshua969

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so how much horse bonding unlocks this skill ?

49 minutes ago, Ajax-D said:

Should i pre order before the 31st?

Maybe, the War Horse is badass, and having consumables like healing for you and the horse is great aswell since if your horse dies you lose his bond and progression

Edited by VolumeRX

The best film to watch to get hyped for rdr2 is "the assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert ford" it's incredible, but I recommend you watch it on the 25th of October for maximum feelz

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Ajax-D said:

Should i pre order before the 31st?

If you know you’re going to be pre ordering it at some point you may as well. However if you’re not sure if you want to pre order it at all then just wait...all you’re going to lose out on is a treasure map, which from how the description of it is it will only give you a ‘head start’ suggesting you’ll have access to it throughout the game.

This is obviously just my opinion on it, I personal have pre ordered the special edition. I don’t really want the treasure map or extra money etc from the start (or first play through) so I’m just not going to download the treasure map and will just waste the money etc so it doesn’t benefit me.

5 minutes ago, ‘Cap’ said:

If you know you’re going to be pre ordering it at some point you may as well. However if you’re not sure if you want to pre order it at all then just wait...all you’re going to lose out on is a treasure map, which from how the description of it is it will only give you a ‘head start’ suggesting you’ll have access to it throughout the game.

This is obviously just my opinion on it, I personal have pre ordered the special edition. I don’t really want the treasure map or extra money etc from the start (or first play through) so I’m just not going to download the treasure map and will just waste the money etc so it doesn’t benefit me.

Did it because of the two extra missions? 

@Mostly_Red

Tbh I shamefully did it for the outfit, horse and then the two extra side missions (probably in that order as well). 

Edited by ‘Cap’
  • Like 2
J.Dillinger Blackheart
3 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

The ferry robbery is a defining moment in the lives of both John Marston and Dutch Van Der Linde.  Marston bitches at Dutch, Bill, and Javier constantly about being left for dead there, and they either claim he's lying or that he deserved it.   It's the biggest turning point in John Marston's life, and marks the move from being a bad hombre to a civilized family man just trying to settle down and live a decent life.  The Stranger knows it's a defining moment for him and for Dutch, too....murdering Heidi McCourt in cold blood seems to be a line Dutch had never crossed up until that point.   Even when he murders his bank teller hostage in Blackwater, John and Edgar Ross are both still horrified, because that still doesn't seem to be in character for an idealistic bandit like Dutch.  

And now, we'll see it happen in real time in RDR2. 

And who cares if Rockstar "very rarely" uses time jumps?   Rockstar is doing a LOT of things they've never done before in RDR2.  They WANT to innovate and experiment.  The West is an epic setting, and by all accounts, RDR2 will play that to the hilt.  That includes an epic span of time.   Trust, you'll be one of a very few players of this game who are going to have a problem with it....most of us can follow along with time jumps and epic scales and not have a problem with it at all.  We know that different stories have different parameters, and this is one that requires a greater length of time to unfold than any rapid-fire fast pace urgency of a modern world setting like GTA5.   It's the Wild West.  Time and space have different dimensions there than in modern LA, NY, or Miami.  

Stop acting like you know where the story is going to go, youre just assuming, you know as much as anyone else man.

• Like 2
GeorgeWashingtonxx77
49 minutes ago, JordanDFC17 said:

The best film to watch to get hyped for rdr2 is "the assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert ford" it's incredible, but I recommend you watch it on the 25th of October for maximum feelz

Also the movie that inspired the second RDR 2 Trailer

Edited by GeorgeWashingtonxx77
18 minutes ago, ‘Cap’ said:

@Mostly_Red

Tbh I shamefully did it for the outfit, horse and then the two extra side missions (probably in that order as well). 

I wonder if the two extra missions are worth the 15€/$

It's the same sound that was in the first hunt.

1 minute ago, Emmi said:

So could this be the sound that plays after finishing a mission in RDR2? It's heard in the GTA Online treasure hunt.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0mrffvTtCHA

it sounds a bit too mystical for my liking, and I don't think music played after a mission in RDR1? I can't remember too well.

7 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

it sounds a bit too mystical for my liking, and I don't think music played after a mission in RDR1? I can't remember too well.

GeorgeWashingtonxx77

So here's the golden question: Will you make Arthur Morgan bearded, only a moustache or clean shaven? I will only respect one of the 3 options.

5 minutes ago, GeorgeWashingtonxx77 said:

So here's the golden question: Will you make Arthur Morgan bearded, only a moustache or clean shaven? I will only respect one of the 3 options.

I usually just stick with default everything. In most R* games, I always happen to find those the best out of whatever they had to offer. Who knows, maybe this time'll be different, time will tell.

1 minute ago, thc_404 said:

I usually just stick with default everything. In most R* games, I always happen to find those the best out of whatever they had to offer. Who knows, maybe this time'll be different, time will tell.

Well, there's dynamic beard and hair growth ... so you can't stick with default :)

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Do you think the light in the game will actually be this good or will it be the same downgrade as the first screens of GTAV vs in game footage 

This isn't even the original Image's lighting, this is the one:
25-1080p.jpg

Even If the game isn't going to be the best looking OW, the lighting IS what impressed me the most, some textures aren't filtered properly, hair has some artifacts to it and character models aren't as detailed as other top notch looking OW's, but the Lighting, and the environments/foliage are AWESOME. hope it's not downgraded. PS4P and XB1X will show their best version till PC comes in about 9 months after the current release. most impressive visual looks were the first time we see Dutch, and the first scene with Micah and Arhur for me. lighting is so good. MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A GAMEPLAY VIDEO!

Edited by VolumeRX
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

Hair grows over time, you can't stick with it😂 you've just gotta let it grow and then cut it, basically Arthur probably won't look the same at the beginning and end of the game

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

I wonder if the two extra missions are worth the 15€/$

I suppose it really goes down to the individual...for me I’m only really interested in single player and I know I will be picking up this game to play throughout the years. Like I said I only got the special edition for the outfit,horse and then the extra missions. 

I wouldnt personally get the special edition if I only got the extra missions..plus they are just side missions.

32 minutes ago, GeorgeWashingtonxx77 said:

I definitely will not be leaving Arthur Morgan clean shaven! My Arthur is going to be a ruthless outlaw. 

Originally I would have said bearded but after seeing how badass Micah looks I’ll be rocking the moustache.

Edited by ‘Cap’
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Englishman1 said:

Will we ever see this game promoted? Less than 3 months guys & nothing..

I don't know about you but I see the game promoted?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Englishman1 said:

Will we ever see this game promoted? Less than 3 months guys & nothing..

No rockstar aren't gonna do any promotion at all, it's part of there "no promotion campaign" you didn't hear about it?

Obviously we're gonna see promotion, f*ck

• Like 7
2 hours ago, JordanDFC17 said:

I can't believe I forgot that one!

Good call my friend!