1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• damienrayemusic

• joshua969

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so how much horse bonding unlocks this skill ?

2 minutes ago, Dick Justice said:

So let’s say the seven core gang members over seven weeks thing is true. You have: Dutch, Arthur, John, Bill, Javier, Micah, Charles and Sadie. Who gets left out? Probably Sadie going off the original poster. 

No one, there’s more 7 weeks for 7 more members.

6 minutes ago, Ray_Velcoro said:

Heidi was shot in the head during failed ferry roberry in 1906 i think , game begins in 1899- blackwater

I can't remember, i know the stranger man just says

"She was a girl Dutch Van Der Linde shot on that raid on the ferry a few years back."

2 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

I can't remember, i know the stranger man just says

"She was a girl Dutch Van Der Linde shot on that raid on the ferry a few years back."

Yup, and then he goes on to add "same one you got shot on".

Edited by Groggy Gorilla
Cutter beat me to it.
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

Also I wonder if wanted posters in the game look like this, with the descriptions and all that, Would be really cool.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but imagine if you actually had to pay attention to these descriptions for collecting bounties. NPC interaction is the new gimmick, right? So what if you had to investigate an area, talk to people, etc. Instead of the game marking the bounty's location on your map for you. That'd be so cool.

Edited by TaxPain
  • Like 9
TheOriginalGunslinger

Not even gonna lie. That simple tweet/post literally has me like...

faint-o.gif

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 3
J.Dillinger Blackheart
3 minutes ago, TaxPain said:

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but imagine if you actually had to pay attention to these descriptions for collecting bounties. NPC interaction is the new gimmick, right? So what if you had to investigate an area, talk to people, etc. Instead of the game marking the bounty's location on your map for you. That'd be so cool.

Been screaming this since day 1, would be great.

TheOriginalGunslinger
1 hour ago, Kirsty said:

Can't wait to ride on up through those Grizzlies!

With a big bear greeting you while you visit... :devil:

45 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Yeah, someone on Twitter made a nice guess too. There are 7 core members in Dutch's gang, and 7 weeks until release.

Reminds me of the seven month drought (first one) when they made up for it and gave us 7 screenshots. :lol:

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, TheLordMarvel said:

Pretty much spot on! - About $4,550,000 or so. :)

And they spent it all on gambling, whiskey, and wild women...  

41 minutes ago, MrHarlow said:

Anyone else happy to see they are using the Pinkertons? It just has a good ring to it. 

Pinkertons:  Merryweather 1899.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, damienrayemusic said:

Whoa... that makes total sense!! Hell yeah!!!!

No, there's a LOT more than 7 core members of the gang. 

A LOT.

Dutch

Arthur

John

Bill

Javier

Charles

Lenny

Sean

Hosea

Micah

Karen

Sadie

Abigail

Pearson

And a lot more we DON'T know the names of, yet they appear in multiple camp shots in the previews...

The Doctor

The Belle

The Laundress

The Seamstress

The Gunfighter

The Preacher

The Soldier

The Miner

*Edit:   And Uncle.

Everybody forgets Uncle.

Edited by BretMaverick777
1 hour ago, damienrayemusic said:

What I also took from this just now... "For the robbery of close to 150,000 in banknotes from a boat in BLACKWATER... blackwater has lots of water, ironically has the name in it... John gets off at blackwater in RDR1... swimming or at least boat transportation/usage confirmed?! Sounds like we will not just be robbing banks and trains... but one thing John didnt mention... BOATS!! boat heist!!

So maybe RDR2 starts with a boat heist, and the only getaway vehicle they give us access to is a canoe - equivalent to a Faggio on water.  😛

• Like 3

Hey @Brett Baumler(aka @RedDeadRenegade) our hunch about West Elizabeth was right lol!

On 12/6/2017 at 7:50 PM, zachsterosu said:

"There's something I've been thinking about for a while, regarding the map borders. That big Reddit leak mentioned that the game spanned 5 zones, which would likely be the states/territories(also, he'd apparently confirmed the map's validity). Now for the longest time, I couldn't find a decent way to split up the map evenly, while still having it make sense geographically. I was thinking that he may have been incorrect in what he remembered, or just had outdated info. The main issue, was that West Elizabeth just seemed to small to be it's own state. I now believe that's because what was in RDR was just part of West Elizabeth. One of the first things I noticed while playing around with boundary colors, was that Big Valley was almost the same shade as W.E. Most other districts had distinctly different shades with those they bordered. Now this may just be attributed to terrain similarities, but there doesn't seem to be much of that if you look at where The Heartlands and Scarlett Meadows meet. I think Big Valley is the rest of West Elizabeth, and there is a decent amount of evidence in the first game to support this. User RedDeadRenegade actually made a post about this same thing on the Sub-Reddit, and along with the same conclusions I made, found some additional evidence that I'd never picked up on, so I'll just let him explain: 

"While scouring over the leaked RDR II map, a thought came across my mind. For those who don't know, the West Elizabeth area from RDR will be returning in the new game. It occurred to me that it's never explicitly stated that Tall Trees and Great Plains are the only areas in the state of West Elizabeth. It always struck me as odd that a state big enough to have its own governor only had one town in it.

So, maybe its possible that some of the new areas will still technically be within the state of West Elizabeth, but just areas we couldn't see in RDR. Like the "Big Valley" area on the new map could fall under West Elizabeth's jurisdiction. I think that would make sense because they look to have similar terrain. I also say this because in RDR, Nastas says that some of the Natives from the local reservation are turning to Dutch. He specifically says local implying its within the state. But there isn't any reservation you can find within the map. Well, on the Big Valley area of the leaked map (which is directly north of the Tall Trees/Great Plains area, and even shares a land border) there's a place called "Painted Sky" which sounds like the name of a reservation to me. In one of the RDR newspapers, they also mention Dutch killing two guys at a homestead "just north" of Blackwater. Well, on the leaked map, there's a homestead directly north of Blackwater. It would make a lot of sense that they were in the same state, especially because the newspaper was reporting on it like it was a local issue. This all makes me think that the state of West Elizabeth is bigger than what we saw in RDR, and that new parts of the map in RDR II will be considered a part of West Elizabeth. Just speculation of course."

What we concluded was that there's no way Dutch's gang operated out of a state that has literally one town/bank. Now as for the rest of the map, this made things wayyy easier to dissect. What helped even more was trying to interpret what states/locations R* is trying to interpret with each district. I think I've narrowed it down to just 2 variations. The first makes more sense in terms of land mass, and also if each zone will be it's own state. However, I feel like states continuing across that big of a river is a bit far-fetched. The second makes more sense geographically, and from a game-play standpoint, but the shape and location of some boundary lines seems odd"

Edit: I altered the quote to remove the map pictures, for those who don't want it spoiled :)

I find it interesting that they're actually using the "Pinkerton" name for the agency, I was almost certain they'd have to change it. I guess they did take out "National", as "Pinkerton National Detective Agency" was the full name.

Edited by zachsterosu
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

A LOT.

Dutch

Arthur

John

Bill

Javier

Charles

Lenny

Sean

Hosea

Micah

Karen

Sadie

Abigail

Pearson

And a lot more we DON'T know the names of, yet they appear in multiple camp shots in the previews...

The Doctor

The Belle

The Laundress

The Seamstress

The Gunfighter

The Preacher

The Soldier

The Miner

Everybody forgets Uncle.

I think the use of the word "core" suggests the primary gang members we have been introduced to and seen and heard a lot from already. We've seen/heard a lot of Arthur, and Dutch/John/Javier/Bill(obviously), and we've seen/heard a bit from Sadie, Micah, and Charles. The other members of the gang did not seem so prevalent throughout the trailers so far. Yes, we've heard of Pearson and Abigail and Uncle and some of the others, but *core* suggests essentially the "A-Team" of the gang.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

A LOT.

Dutch

Arthur

John

Bill

Javier

Charles

Lenny

Sean

Hosea

Micah

Karen

Sadie

Abigail

Pearson

The Doctor

The Belle

The Laundress

The Seamstress

The Gunfighter

The Preacher

The Soldier

The Miner

Everybody forgets Uncle.

haha yes we know. but theres 7 core members hinted at. i dont think the core 7 had all of them from the ground up days of the gang

2 minutes ago, Canady117 said:

I think the use of the word "core" suggests the primary gang members we have been introduced to and seen and heard a lot from already. We've seen/heard a lot of Arthur, and Dutch/John/Javier/Bill(obviously), and we've seen/heard a bit from Sadie, Micah, and Charles. The other members of the gang did not seem so prevalent throughout the trailers so far. Yes, we've heard of Pearson and Abigail and Uncle and some of the others, but *core* suggests essentially the "A-Team" of the gang.

"Core" is also never once mentioned anywhere in Rockstar's tweet.   Just some dude in Twitter comments concocted a Keanu moment...."whoa dude, seven weeks left, seven core members, that means one wanted poster for each of the seven core gang members!  whoa dude"

No.   No, it doesn't, Keanu

uQyf8qI.jpg