1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RougeBandit

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

thc_404
1 hour ago, pjw said:

Capture1.png

1413890158915_wps_1_CATERS_DIRTY_DANCING

"Yes, human! Carry me forth! Together we will search for gold and glory!"

GTAForumsUser69

I still don't get how a game mode made in 2 months can be more popular than an 8 year production game. 

11 minutes ago, Big_Smiley said:

You must. Django is a badass movie. Both Jamie and Samuel do a really hands down grate performances in both movies. Not to mention the full cast in both films that tops it off ;)

Loved Django, H8 not so much. 

************SPOILERS*************

When your finale is of everyone puking on each other I think it's time to retire from the movie business.  Not my kind of western.

damienrayemusic

It's getting really good now imo y'all . Makes me wanna watch Django again

Red Hardbro
20 minutes ago, 1898 said:

When your finale is of everyone puking on each other I think it's time to retire from the movie business.  Not my kind of western.

*****SPOILERS******I agree man I was so bummed out with H8. I was hyped for the concept of the strangers in the room and the whodunnit type setting, but the movie just didn't deliver. Part of it was due to him saying Django was originally going to be in the movie, but took him out due to his character not really being evil enough. The movie had its moments and thennit would lose me great concept for a film just wasn't executed well and to finish it all up the movie is basically Resevoir Dogs set in a western setting, and it's so bad and unoriginal here's the kicker Tim Roth is bleeding out and turns out to be the guy who is lying about his identity again. I enjoy Quentin's movies but that movie really made me think, man his time might be up in terms of telling really good and sorta kind of original stories.

Edited by Red Hardbro

J.Dillinger Blackheart

I wonder will 8 years be the.new norm for R* games from this point on..

Hugoat

The realism of this game can bring scary nights in the woods. I'm looking forward to it.

saintsrow
1 hour ago, joshua969 said:

I haven’t seen that or Django.  I plan to watch both in the ‘coming weeks’.

As we all know, Tarantino's shtick and fetish is referencing scenes and tropes from old grindhouse movies, with many of his big scenes being homages, sometimes to scenes from B-movies and chop-socky movies that sometimes were already homages to other timeless cult movies.  Frankly, it's getting old.  Plus, the long, clever monologues are not as deep or clever as he hopes they will be perceived.  Boring, basically.  

I like some past Tarantino stuff (Pulp Fiction), but I've recently seen parts of both Django and Hateful 8, couldn't get through them all the way, and my opinion is that Tarantino has just become self-indulgent, and in my opinion, the violence and the choreography is getting contrived, in his trying to emulate these past ideas, just for the sake of emulating them (BTW, Rockstar, are you listening to this???  Don't go full Tarantino.)  

Bottom line, my suggestion:  I'd stick with classic, time-tested westerns.  Tarantino's just not doing it for me.  

Edited by saintsrow

thc_404
15 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

It's getting really good now imo y'all . Makes me wanna watch Django again

If they are great games each release, who cares?

J.Dillinger Blackheart
13 minutes ago, Hugoat said:

The realism of this game can bring scary nights in the woods. I'm looking forward to it.

One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to.

Red Hardbro
11 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

As we all know, Tarantino's shtick and fetish is referencing scenes and tropes from old grindhouse movies, with many of his big scenes being homages, sometimes to scenes from B-movies and chop-socky movies that sometimes were already homages to other timeless cult movies.  Frankly, it's getting old.  Plus, the long, clever monologues are not as deep or clever as he hopes they will be perceived.  Boring, basically.  

I like some past Tarantino stuff (Pulp Fiction), but I've recently seen parts of both Django and Hateful 8, couldn't get through them all the way, and my opinion is that Tarantino has just become self-indulgent, and in my opinion, the violence and the choreography is getting contrived, in his trying to emulate these past ideas, just for the sake of emulating them (BTW, Rockstar, are you listening to this???  Don't go full Tarantino.)  

Bottom line, my suggestion:  I'd stick with classic, time-tested westerns.  Tarantino's just not doing it for me.  

You really feel like towards Django: Unchained? I really feel like that was his last movie where he was on 100% everything in that movie was so well done, so well crafted, and just overall amazing. The social commentary that he likes to make was his best in years the characters all meshed well and the story lines up perfectly for me! I am interested to know what didn't work in the film for you and why?

saintsrow
37 minutes ago, 1898 said:

17 minutes ago, Red Hardbro said:

*****SPOILERS******I agree man I was so bummed out with H8. I was hyped for the concept of the strangers in the room and the whodunnit type setting, but the movie just didn't deliver. Part of it was due to him saying Django was originally going to be in the movie, but took him out due to his character not really being evil enough. The movie had its moments and thennit would lose me great concept for a film just wasn't executed well and to finish it all up the movie is basically Resevoir Dogs set in a western setting, and it's so bad and unoriginal here's the kicker Tim Roth is bleeding out and turns out to be the guy who is lying about his identity again. I enjoy Quentin's movies but that movie really made me think, man his time might be up in terms of telling really good and sorta kind of original stories.

WORD.  EXACTLY.  You guys both beat me to it.  

15 minutes ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

I wonder will 8 years be the.new norm for R* games from this point on..

You know how Moore's Law says that integrated circuit capability doubles every 18 months?  That's why we have 16-core, 3 GHz CPUs, mind-blowing 1024-core GPUs, and serial buses and motherboard backplanes that can send the Encyclopedia Britannica in 2 seconds, and they're affordable.  

Rockstar's Law, on the other hand, is that each game takes twice as long to develop as the last one.  

Zello

I was bored...

Edited by Zello

Auditore
5 hours ago, DanCarryUs said:

Did are you think that guy who leaked the Red Dead Redemption 2 main protagonist name and the end of the story can be wrong? I really didin't like the end and i am worried.

I read a leak(from trustedreviews i think) that painted Arthur in a very different light......TrustedReviews is the same people that leaked 2 unreleased pics from RDR 2 and leaked Arthur's name,if that leak is true this game will turn everyone's expectations on its head.

Not Kmart

Do yall think there will be execution style kills?

RDR had the point blank execution animation and when npc were on the knees you could execute them.

Personally I think that there will be multiple different execution styles 

Melee, stealth and with guns.

( I dont want it like mafia 3 though)...

Edited by Not Kmart

damienrayemusic

Just finished it. Not my favorite western ever but still a damn good one imo. Got really interesting to me around the middle and I enjoyed the characters and dialogue. Way over the top just like all his stuff lol:p definitely see now though why trailer 3 reminded people of hateful eight. Considering that RDR1 and revolver were straight out of spaghetti western style, RDR2 (which I'm happy for the change really looking forward to something different) will be based off more modern westerns so it definitely seems that R* has seen these movies and with the snow may pay a little tribute to the hateful eight as well as we know that train scene from the assassination of Jesse James.. exciting stuff . Gonna watch Django now, the one I think is just a bit better than hateful eight 

Edited by damienrayemusic

Not Kmart
1 minute ago, damienrayemusic said:

Just finished it. Not my favorite western ever but still a damn good one imo. Got really interesting to me around the middle and I enjoyed the characters and dialogue. Way over the top just like all his stuff lol:p definitely see now though why trailer 3 reminded people of hateful eight. Considering that RDR1 and revolver were straight out of spaghetti western style, RDR2 (which I'm happy for the change really looking forward to something different) will be based off more modern westerns so it definitely seems that R* has seen these movies and with the snow may pay a little tribute to the hateful eight as well as we know that train scene from the assassination of Jesse James.. exciting stuff 

Django is so much better then the hateful 8

damienrayemusic
7 minutes ago, Not Kmart said:

Django is so much better then the hateful 8

Yeah exactly. Just seeing trailer again I remember already how epic the whole thing was. Excited to see it again! For me with hateful eight it just wasn't exactly how I thought it would be. Anyone who has seen it knows what I'm talking about, just beginning to where it ends up, no spoilers here. But yep it definitely had it's great moments for sure!

BretMaverick777
2 hours ago, pjw said:

Capture1.png

Yep....gators and crazy people :lol:

J.Dillinger Blackheart
7 minutes ago, Not Kmart said:

Do yall think there will be execution style kills?

RDR had the point blank execution animation and when npc were on the knees you could execute them.

Personally I think that there will be multiple different execution styles 

Melee, stealth and with guns.

( I dont want it like mafia 3 though)...

It sure better be! That's 1 of the key things I enjoyed about RDR. I want to see some brutal gory executions.

JustAMetalHead

I'm starting to feel like I'm the few people who really enjoyed the hateful 8 as much as I enjoyed django unchained.

Grizzy

@damienrayemusic "Hostiles" with Christian Bale is really good too. Easily one of my favorites. 

J.Dillinger Blackheart
Just now, Grizzy said:

@damienrayemusic "Hostiles" with Christian Bale is really good too. Easily one of my favorites. 

Hostiles was great!

BretMaverick777
3 hours ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

Yes, (time) will past like they would tell you in Rdr come back at a certain time to do a mission or something, but to think of weeks or days being monitored even just sounds ridiculous to me at least. Time will past as you do things in the world, as NPCS have scheduled activities and things, you would expect some kind of progress right? Doesn't necessarily mean it will say come "completed in 23 days" or it will take the game will need a time jump to see it completed.

I love Rockstar's new concept of daily lives, schedules and AI for NPCs.   But I think you're confusing work time with story time.   I highly doubt they're going to require you to live out each day, each hour, 24/7/365.   The story will advance when it needs to advance, and if that means a fast forward to a year or two later, then it's going to do that....not on a day by day, hour by hour basis.  

damienrayemusic
2 minutes ago, JustAMetalHead said:

I'm starting to feel like I'm the few people who really enjoyed the hateful 8 as much as I enjoyed django unchained.

I'm in that boat with you man😁 even though I think Django unchained is better I truly enjoyed the hateful eight a lot to the point I watched all of it and I would again.

Just now, Grizzy said:

Yeah fo sho! Just watched that with my family couple weeks ago😁 real enjoyable modern western for sure. I need more. I just need westerns. All the time.. lol

thedarkman123

"And i had the time of my life....."

This guy is doing "dirty dancing" with a gator, awesome

damienrayemusic

Damn y'all can you believe we are already past ANOTHER 10 days..?! First we were at 110, the big 100, then 90, now 89... Timesa flyin btw @TheOriginalGunslinger thanks for not spoiling me but I get what you meant now 😆 was totally unexpected

DGSimo
18 minutes ago, JustAMetalHead said:

Ahem..avatar quote. Thankyouandplease.

JustAMetalHead
Just now, DGSimo said:

Ahem..avatar quote. Thankyouandplease.

I don't know how to do that yet. I created this account a while ago but I never really used it until recently.

BretMaverick777
5 hours ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

What I'm saying the things that we already know of, doesn't all need to be apart of this story. Meaning we don't need to see john get shot in 1906 because we already know he gets shot. Yes the details are vague on how and why but that doesn't need to be the ending or a focal point in the story. The game isn't going to just be 'filler content' with showing us everything we already learned from RDR. How john begins RDR doesn't need to directly tie into RDR2 necessarily just because it's a prequel. How they [use] the connected tissue of RDR is impressive not just completely connecting both games just for the hell of it. Something's are going to be left for us to figure out or make of it as we want. That's the beauty of good story telling sometimes. A game time jumping from 1899 to 1906 or 1911 just to show me something I already know happens? Idk about that bud. 

It's not even remotely fair to call references and callbacks to RDR1 "filler content."  Yes, the game is about Arthur Morgan, and Dutch and John are only peripherally involved in that; and no, Rockstar doesn't want you to HAVE to have played RDR1 to be able to enjoy RDR2.   They're opening this up to a whole new generation of fans who might not know RDR1's story in the slightest.  

On the other hand, it's very safe to say that the majority of RDR2 players WILL be coming from RDR1.  And since this is a continuation/revisit of the central story and central characters of RDR1, players are damn well going to want some continuity.   There's no way Rockstar is going to gloss over that, or leave loose ends and question marks "up to the player's imagination."  

The botched ferry robbery is a major plot point in both RDR1 and RDR2.   It was specifically addressed by the most mysterious figure in the game, The Stranger, and has been a favorite item of speculation in the Red Dead community for 8 years now.  Now that we finally get a chance to see what went down, how it went down, when and where, and who was involved, you can bet that Rockstar is going to make that a priority scene. 

Also, the fact that the ferry robbery means the end of the line for John Marston in the gang does NOT mean it's the end of the story for Arthur, Dutch, or anybody else in the gang.   That's what I've been getting at:   NOWHERE has Rockstar or the lore implied that Dutch's Gang's story didn't go on well after John left.   Hell, 1906 could be the MIDPOINT of the game, with plenty of banditry left for Dutch to accomplish before the gang finally rides to the bitter end.