1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RougeBandit

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 3)

RougeBandit

Continued from Part 2

Trying to get rockstar to release one little screenshot of a mouse in rdr2

Spam rock* with #RDR2MousePic to convince them to drop at least a simple picture of a mouse. They can give us Some info crumbs, can't they?

Red Hardbro

I guess August is the month they really gave us a guide book this month hahahahah!! Man! Guess it's something, but what's left to show after the gameplay trailer do they usually show screens and other things like that or is the gameplay going to be it?

NightWalker14

Ya it's so true, RDR 2 is a once in a lifetime experience compared to companies like EA, Activision and Ubisoft that are pumping out the same content every year with no innovation.

RDR 2 will be recognized as one of the best games ever made and has a much longer lifespan than most games. The sales of RDR 2 will accumulate like crazy over the years like GTA 5. We're in it for the long run.

joshua969
3 minutes ago, Red Hardbro said:

I guess August is the month they really gave us a guide book this month hahahahah!! Man! Guess it's something, but what's left to show after the gameplay trailer do they usually show screens and other things like that or is the gameplay going to be it?

Gameplay trailer, online trailer, previews usually with screens, launch trailer.  There might be some other stuff sprinkled in along the way

Mr. Morgan

Me getting a notification about the GTAO livestream nonsense on Facebook:

tumblr_inline_ohh4liPNw21rsxbwq_1280.gif

Edited by Mr. Morgan

Grizzy

Arthur has "2 bags" because one is his satchel & the other is saddle bags slung over his shoulder, used for the robbery. Just incase anyone was genuinely curious as to why. Lol 

joshua969

This week of Red Dead Radio spending the first part of the show talking about GTAO:  After Hours

tenor.gif

Not Kmart
20 minutes ago, joshua969 said:

Gameplay trailer, online trailer, previews usually with screens, launch trailer.  There might be some other stuff sprinkled in along the way

Artworks as well 😁

MostWantedMVP

We need some John and Sadie artwork!

thedarkman123

Thank god this is the last gtao dlc, what comes after rdr, related to gtao, wont matter anymore.. the shift in focus will come in august...

ROCKSTAR MANIC

I wonder if R* is going to consider a  X or Ps4 pro bundle for RDR2 or maybe even prizing a custom version from the newswire. 

MostWantedMVP

And Micah Bell.. he's badass.

joshua969

You know what would be awesome, but will never happen ?  One artwork a week of all the main gang members leading up to release.

Zello
14 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

Arthur has "2 bags" because one is his satchel & the other is saddle bags slung over his shoulder, used for the robbery. Just incase anyone was genuinely curious as to why. Lol 

2 bags one for the plug one for the load.

Emmi
6 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

We need some John and Sadie artwork!

+

5 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

And Micah Bell.. he's badass.

+

5 minutes ago, joshua969 said:

You know what would be awesome, but will never happen ?  One artwork a week of all the main gang members leading up to release.

=

WatchfulOfficialJellyfish-size_restricte

NinjaSam
21 hours ago, Auditore said:

Is that disarm part of the meele mechanics?If it's not just a cutscene it's a huge improvement over GTA 5

rdr2am4.gif

9 minutes ago, joshua969 said:

I wonder if we will get concept art or environment art. 

I also wonder if we can craft stuff and upgrade such things such as holsters, ammo pouches so we can store more. 

I imagine weapon customisations will be like GTA V where we can get paint jobs and extended barrels etc. 

I cannot wait. 

I also wonder if we can customise bandana colours, cloak or whatever Arthur is wearing during shootouts.

It will be interesting and I wonder where our save point will be etc. Really small but interested to see how it plays out. Just read playstation UK magazine and I was really excited to see they included the new screenshots. Looks damn fine. So frickin excited. And I wonder how many missions we will have. And how long these will take etc. Long post but so excited! 

Emmi
1 minute ago, NinjaSam said:

The Art of Red Dead Redemption II ... I can't wait!

luke73tnt
16 minutes ago, Emmi said:

The Art of Red Dead Redemption II ... I can't wait!

Where is your pfp from? Is that a screenshot that I just haven’t seen?

SuperKitsune
19 minutes ago, NinjaSam said:

I also wonder if we can craft stuff and upgrade such things such as holsters, ammo pouches so we can store more. 

I imagine weapon customisations will be like GTA V where we can get paint jobs and extended barrels etc. 

I cannot wait. 

I also wonder if we can customise bandana colours, cloak or whatever Arthur is wearing during shootouts.

It will be interesting and I wonder where our save point will be etc. Really small but interested to see how it plays out. Just read playstation UK magazine and I was really excited to see they included the new screenshots. Looks damn fine. So frickin excited. And I wonder how many missions we will have. And how long these will take etc. Long post but so excited! 

Basic crafting is confirmed

19 minutes ago, NinjaSam said:

I cannot wait. 

Basic crafting is confirmed. I hope for  75 story missions.

thedarkman123

rdr2am4.gif

Omg, Red Dead Redemption 2 confirmed fight with Hugh jackman Wolverine....NICE.

BretMaverick777
3 hours ago, SuperKitsune said:

Also who says Cochinay didn't exist before 1906??? Just because Dutch settled there in that year doesn't mean that area didn't exist before 1906.

Oh, I'm counting on it existing before 1906. 

But it won't be Cochinay. 

Here's some actual facts about Cochinay:

1.  Cochinay is an actual Apache word.  In real life, Cochinay was an Apache chief. 

2.  John Marston has never seen the place before 1911.   So the gang doesn't visit it during the events of RDR2.   That would have to happen after John deserted them.

3.  It's an actual working mine, but none of the Apaches work it.  (We Indians don't mine.  Or do much manual labor in general.  Just sayin'.)  Instead, there's a handful of "insane miners" left who apparently joined Dutch's gang, and still work the mine and nearby Nekoti Rock. 

4.  Nastas says Dutch has been recruiting natives from nearby reservations.   We've never seen any evidence of those reservations anywhere in RDR1, but maybe we'll see them in RDR2.  

5.   Apaches don't belong in Cochinay.   Apaches are a desert tribe; they live in the southwest US and across the border in Mexico.  They don't live in snow-capped mountains, and would hate that environment in Tall Trees.   Blackfoot, Cheyenne, Paiute, Crow, Shoshone, Lakota...all these would be likely natives of that region.  I have no idea how Rockstar could have got the rest of the Apache story right but totally miss their environs. 

So here's a theoretical: 

A. Maybe the Apaches WERE originally in Mexico, and Dutch recruited renegades south of the border some time between 1906 and 1911.  Hell, maybe the rest of the Gang was still mostly intact at that point, except for #TeamMarston.    But Col. Allende drove the bandidos and their Apache allies out of his country and north across the San Luis River.  New Austin offered little in the way of defense either, so Dutch pushed his band of warriors on up into the mountains until he came to...

B.  A mining complex.   Have no idea who owned it, or what they were mining, or how big an operation.   For gits and shiggles, let's pretend it's a Cornwall mining camp.  Wouldn't THAT be fun?!

C.  Dutch's New 'N' Improved Gang shoots it out with the miners, offers mercy to any who agree to join his gang, and sets up a hideout -- his final one -- inside the mine.  Dutch renames the place Cochinay after an Apache chief, maybe one who died saving Dutch's life during one of their running gun battles with the miners and/or the Mexican Army.   But life in Cochinay is harsh...Death, desertion, starvation, disease, frostbite begin to take their toll on the gang.   By 1911, the handful of survivors take to raiding Blackwater and other areas inside West Elizabeth just to stay alive.   Until Edgar Ross catches up with him....and he's using John Marston as his deputized bounty hunter. 

Capt.Bojangles
6 hours ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

Not a chance lol

players are already boycotting black ops 4 bc of no campaign and black ops pass

You mean Black ops has a fan base? 

Guess it is true you do learn something new everyday.

BretMaverick777
3 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

If Rockstar are truly creative then they will fill the plotholes, make the connections and take the time to tell a thorough and complete story. Unless they plan on making a third game about this gang. 

Ask yourself why is John getting off a ferry at the start of RDR? Did he just come from Saint Dennis?
Why is West Elizabeth there at all? The game starts during the Blackwater Massacre and the gang goes on the run. Rockstar could have made it like North Yankton but they didn't, so I ask...

Why is Beechers Hope and Cochinay on the map if it's just Arthur's story?
There's a gang hideout in Cochinay, so if the gang took over Cochinay in 1899 then why the hell does John have no clue about Cochinay when he goes there in 1911?  
Who shot John? Are you seriously not curious in the slightest?

Rockstar didn't have to think of answers to these questions at the time, but now they must feel at least obliged to answer some of these questions. If its a true companion piece then I feel the connections have to be made.

The reddit leak that exposed Arthur's story and the gang camps years before they were officially revealed said at the end you play as John Martson and you build up his ranch. You even build a gazebo. Honestly, that's damning evidence, because either rockstar developed all these end game missions around Beecher's hope in RDR 2 for a lark, or the plan was always for the game to jump forward in time. So either that's exactly what happens, or Rockstar have dramatically changed the ending/epilogue during the last few years of development. 

You gotta remember RDR is a period piece, it's not like GTA today that is fully intertwined with the modern world. Rockstar can play with the time-line as much as they need to and the story will hopefully be better for it.

See, THIS guy gets it.  👍😀

I didn't know about the leaked reddit article, but yeah, that definitely lends weight to the growing possibility that the game ends with an epilogue of the interim years at Beecher's Hope, with a playable Marston getting to build Beecher's Hope from scratch.  (God knows there's still plenty of stories to tell about that, including how Ross manages to kidnap Abigail and Jack, and solve the mystery about where the hell John was during that time.)

That's gotta mean an epilogue leading up to Cochinay as well.   Maybe Arthur accompanies Dutch there, to their last hideout, and makes his final choice there about whether to leave or still have Dutch's bag.   (In which case spoiler alert, Arthur's gotta die, and he's gotta do it before John gets there. Just sayin'.)  

Edited by BretMaverick777

greenrock

https://image.ibb.co/gS46Bd/rdr2am4.gif

arthur with dem fighting movies

MostWantedMVP

This game will be a huge improvement over Redemption. And since it's been worked on for so long I'm very much looking forward to the new features.

Weapons can be upgraded which is huge for a Red Dead game. Most likely a crafting system (blacksmith). And the fact that horses can be used to carry items is amazing.

BretMaverick777
4 hours ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

Rockstargames are alot more creative to just use everything we know of john Marston already to just show it in RDR2. some things are best left to the imagination or lore. Ending the game seeing john Marston getting shot..AGAIN for like the 5th time is going to be absolutely trash idc. That clear example of sh*t story telling.

Some of y'all are still misunderstanding this. 

No, I'm NOT saying RDR2 will make you replay RDR1.  Of course not, not even.  What I AM saying is that there's still a lot of blank spaces to be filled between 1906 and 1911, and that RDR2 would lead up to the START of RDR1 in 1911.  NOT carry through the whole damn game again. 

And I'm not sure why some of you are hung up on the fact that we already know how RDR1 ends.   Sure....but we don't know how RDR1 *begins.*  There's a lot of questions still to be answered about how Dutch, John, Bill and Javier ended up where they did; and now we have more questions about who else in the gang managed to make it out alive....especially Arthur.   After all, it's still his story.  

Adventure is about the journey, not the destination.  It doesn't matter that you know where you're going:   what matters is that you don't have a clue how you're gonna get there.   And that's what it's all about.  The end is the beginning.   The end of RDR2 is the beginning of RDR1....it's a simple concept. 

Spider-Vice

They may leave a gap between  the two games like other prequel games have done, it's not unheard of.

greenrock

The artificial intelligence is going to be game changing think about it they spend 8 years in development 6 of those years was building the new A.I

TheOriginalGunslinger

Hunting is going to be even more in depth too this time which just adds to the hype even more for me. Animals rotting and attracting other predators is freaking so cool and other NPCs trying to attack you to steal your meat, furs and stuff... The way one preview mentioned that a deer made a gut wrenching cry out (that you almost felt bad for the deer) after Arthur shot at it with his bow & arrow and watching it limp away but ended up falling to the ground said one guy watching the whole thing play out is something intense. Animals feel more real this time. Reading that gives me goosebumps. I can’t freaking wait!

RDR2_Hunting-740x416.jpg

And... we can freaking crouch again people! CROUCH! I’m sure there will be a stealthy approach thrown in there too probably along with crouching.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Hugoat

Just as in the deck of the "Collector's Box" there will also be Artworks of all the important characters in the gang. I just hope Rockstar will release this soon. I need new wallpapers.